PDA

View Full Version : UFM 100.3 DJ charged with molesting Malaysian TV host and friend at hen party

Sammyboy RSS Feed
21-05-2013, 09:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/1799508/thumbnail/dj_charged_with_molesting_malaysian_tv_host-thumbnail.jpg

UFM 100.3 radio DJ Ken Low -- better known as Ah Ken -- has appeared in court in Kuala Lumpur over allegations of him molesting a Malaysian TV host and her friend at a hen party, which he denied.

According to a Straits Times report, news and entertainment presenter Siow Hui Min and Ms Ting Yan Jing have accused the UFM 100.3 DJ of touching their breasts.

Low, 28, is denying their allegations in a trial which started last Wednesday. He told The Straits Times he had been the only man at a hen party for a friend of his then fiancee.

He had flown to Kuala Lumpur on July 21 last year to visit his now wife and Malaysian radio DJ Mary Lau, 31, when they attended the celebration at a hotel.

“We were in a long-distance relationship and I was there for only two days, so I joined in the hen’s party,” said Low, a Malaysian and permanent resident here.

He said everyone was drunk, and could not remember the revelry as he had passed out. When he woke up his wife told him the two women, in their 30s, had accused him of touching their breasts.

Low and Ms Lau tried, but failed, to resolve the matter. Ms Ting lodged a police report a few days later.

“It has been a really painful experience for us but thankfully the worst has passed. Last year we had to shuttle between the courts while printing out wedding invitations and doing the food tasting,” said Low, who married Ms Lau last September.

“My wife is standing by me and we believe things can only get better for our relationship.”

Programme director for UFM 100.3 radio station Carine Ang, 39, said the station will wait for the court verdict before deciding whether to take action.

“It is tough for them as they are all close friends. We trust Ken and will give him our fullest support,” said Ms Ang.

Asked if he feared losing his job, Low replied: “I am more worried about the impact of this on my parents’ health.”

The trial is expected to end late next month.

STOMP - Singapore Seen - UFM 100.3 DJ charged with molesting Malaysian TV host and friend at hen party

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?152659-UFM-100-3-DJ-charged-with-molesting-Malaysian-TV-host-and-friend-at-hen-party&goto=newpost).