PDA

View Full Version : Worker Party's Watson Chong sure get scolding from Low Thia Khiang & Sylvia Lim.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
19-05-2013, 06:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

WP members so fast fighting to be hero already. :rolleyes:

http://www.alldealsasia.com/sites/default/files/Watson%20Chong%20Cham%20Weng.jpg

remember just one year ago, at a gathering a staff who works in the engineering department of SMRT was sharing with me about the disquiet among the engineering team with regards to how the senior management responded to the issues of the rails along the NS and EW lines.
He said that the rail is a life component and is long overdue for replacement. Instead of replacement, the engineering team was asked to grind the rail to reduce vibration and smoothened the ride.
He said that certain section of the rail was already grinded below the safety tolerances. He feared for the worse. The rail which is in used beyond its useful life may crack and the frequent grinding below the safety tolerances may cause the train to derail and result in a national disaster.
When this was brought up time and again the senior management did not take actions to replace the rail and instead remarked that “if it is still in working condition why change?”
Now, one year later, his fear and concerns is not misplaced. The cracks on the rails started to appear as reported.
Certainly, I’m quite sure that this senior management team of men and women at the SMRT are well qualified to manage the national transport network. However, given what I gather and what turned out to be true, I am deeply concerned that our national transportation network is managed by a bunch of unconscionable and irresponsible men and women at the top.
There seemed to be no oversight from the authority over the operator as well.
We must get to the bottom of this before a national rail disaster happens.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?152503-Worker-Party-s-Watson-Chong-sure-get-scolding-from-Low-Thia-Khiang-amp-Sylvia-Lim&goto=newpost).