PDA

View Full Version : Online job portals diverting ads to other countries?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
16-05-2013, 05:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Recently, i have posted some ads online in JobStreet and JobsDB for techies. I was intending to hire locals to fill the position.

However strangely, what I received was a tonne of applications from India (> 200plus), very little from Singapore or any other countries. I got a little suspicious of why this is so.

I called them up and demanded why this was the case and they replied that "changed something in their system" and lo behold, suddenly I get all the job applications from locals.. So what it means is locals are not on any priority..

I am starting to wonder if their system was setup to route all apps to India firstly coz they probably can charge the Indians who want to come over? Sort of a profit split between the internet job portals and the job firms in India? Or is it some Indian software engineer in there manipulating the codes to give first dibs to their ah-neh?

Anyone noticed this trend?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?152256-Online-job-portals-diverting-ads-to-other-countries&goto=newpost).