PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Lonelier After Divorce: Men or Women?

andypoh
13-05-2013, 06:11 PM
certainly us men are, and many of us would rather be in a relationship than be alone all the time. at least i can certainly admit that. but now that the divorce rate is so very high since much more women are cheating these days, it is much worse. and with so many women that have an attitude problem nowadays and play very hard too get, makes it much more difficult to meet another good woman for us too. my aunt and uncle are starting their 65th year together, and it was certainly meant to be for them. then again, the times were certainly much different back then, and most of the men and women were very committed to one another too. today it is very hard for us good men and good women that are very seriously looking to have that relationship, and settle down again.

maxsee
14-05-2013, 07:29 AM
End of the day...i think that it is how u deal with the issue of loneliness....i know of people who have been married for decades and they can't wait to be single and left alone.....:D:D:D

Brainstorm
14-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I think a better thread title will be: Who Is Lonelier After Marriage: Men or Women?

andypoh
14-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I think a better thread title will be: Who Is Lonelier After Marriage: Men or Women?

ya good idea :)

by73
14-05-2013, 08:52 AM
End of the day...i think that it is how u deal with the issue of loneliness....i know of people who have been married for decades and they can't wait to be single and left alone.....:D:D:D

Tat explains y they called marriage a fortress. Those inside of it wants to get out, those outside want to go in.:p
As for who will feel more lonely aft divorce, it depends on how involved n how tat person views marriage. Some devotes 24/7 n think tat life revolves ard it. Whereas some view it as simply as parts n parcels of life, everybody does it anyway.
So, in my opinion, who's more lonely aft divorce depends on tat individual, rather than sex..

muscleboi
14-05-2013, 08:55 AM
certainly us men are, and many of us would rather be in a relationship than be alone all the time. at least i can certainly admit that. but now that the divorce rate is so very high since much more women are cheating these days, it is much worse. and with so many women that have an attitude problem nowadays and play very hard too get, makes it much more difficult to meet another good woman for us too. my aunt and uncle are starting their 65th year together, and it was certainly meant to be for them. then again, the times were certainly much different back then, and most of the men and women were very committed to one another too. today it is very hard for us good men and good women that are very seriously looking to have that relationship, and settle down again.

back then men and women were committed to each other? i disagree.. :o

to understand the present, we have to look into history...

basis of argument: couple's commitment across ages; past, present and possibly future as well (based on what's already happening), using evolutionism as the norm. whats stated will be disregarding religious content..

since prehistoric aka caveman period, men are hunters and women, being the fairer and weaker sex, rely on men for their survival and the survival of their offspring, in order to ensure human race carry on..

that form of reliance stretches over many centuries as far as to the time just before computer and the internet was invented. still remember the nanyang story where men work as coolies to feed their families? that's the same form of reliance for the women's survival as most jobs at that point of time are male dominated.

with the introduction of "new" laws (especially the sucky women's charter which protects even the rich and powerful women..) and the furtherment of equality for both genders, women slowly but surely, become less reliant on men for their survival..thats especially true when high paying jobs nowadays are not labour intensive..as long as you got the smarts, you get the job.

needless to say, more than 70% of divorce are initiated by women and why do you think so? cos they got more to gain monetarily (speaking this based on our practical aspect of society) "since can get more money, why stick to a man whom i'm already sick of?" :o ...

the law makes arrogant women more arrogant..but i can't fully blame them since they have been "suppressed" by physical forces for so long..family abuse bla bla..

but what i'm saying above is that there's only commitment when survival is an issue and without the need to rely man for their survival, of course women can have more say.. and thus gained more power, can just divorce if stand to gain.. mind you, i heard women advising women to divorce cos can get money :( thats one of the sad 1st world country stories..

muscleboi
14-05-2013, 09:04 AM
coming back to the issue of who is more lonely.. ya like what the other bro said, it depends on individual..whether you're introvert or extrovert..whether you know how and where to find your entertainment.. :D

andypoh
14-05-2013, 03:42 PM
coming back to the issue of who is more lonely.. ya like what the other bro said, it depends on individual..whether you're introvert or extrovert..whether you know how and where to find your entertainment.. :D

yap you have yur point bro:)

justl00king
14-05-2013, 06:11 PM
My opinion will be women being the lonelier gender.

Men tend to source partners more freely and openly, while women will be more selective.

Ngengheng
15-05-2013, 04:03 PM
I think men will be lonelier.

PPGirl
15-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I think there is no definite answer to this, be it man or woman.

The solutions are:
HOW are u goin to live your life after divorce.
WHAT makes your life alive after divorce.

Its u yourself who lead your own life not let lonely affect u.

andypoh
15-05-2013, 08:20 PM

yes i agreed bro.
i feel that men will regret after divorce.

muscleboi
15-05-2013, 08:39 PM
yes i agreed bro.
i feel that men will regret after divorce.

bro, will you rather see the meat knowing you cannot touch it or not see the meat at all? i will choose the latter. if i cannot have it, i rather not see it.

simple2kee
15-05-2013, 10:02 PM
I think there is no definite answer to this, be it man or woman.

do agree with u. :)

andypoh
16-05-2013, 09:35 AM
bro, will you rather see the meat knowing you cannot touch it or not see the meat at all? i will choose the latter. if i cannot have it, i rather not see it.

ya true also.

phyowai
16-05-2013, 12:16 PM
bro thanks for the beer last nite.
looking for lobang virgin girl hehe:)

there is a link in the yahoo

joncheong
23-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Who is lonelier is debatable. But one thing is for sure. Men will be poorer after divorce.

Dirk Kuyt
25-05-2013, 12:15 PM
mind you, i heard women advising women to divorce cos can get money :( thats one of the sad 1st world country stories..

Very very true statement...... and it is not only women advising women to divorce..... even mothers are advising their daughters to divorce. :mad:

Recently I had accompanied one of my beautician FB to her bridal salon to collect her pay..... while waiting for her..... inside the shop was a young woman getting her wedding gown fitted and accompanying her was her mother. I couldn't help overhearing their conversation where the mother was telling the daughter... "Getting married to him is not wrong... even if you dun love him... just tolerate for 1-2 years then divorce lah..... the amount you can get from the property and wife maintenance after the divorce is much more and better than slogging away at your present job."

Alamak! This type of mother also have in this world..... inside my heart I cursed her.

wally888
25-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Physically for man no issues cause they can always get paid sex but woman will have more difficulty else they b branded promiscuous.
But psychologically, woman can handled loneliness better after they reach a steady state of mind. That's why u have more postings from man in the section <Matters of the Heart> :D :D

topcook1
25-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Very very true statement...... and it is not only women advising women to divorce..... even mothers are advising their daughters to divorce. :mad:

Recently I had accompanied one of my beautician FB to her bridal salon to collect her pay..... while waiting for her..... inside the shop was a young woman getting her wedding gown fitted and accompanying her was her mother. I couldn't help overhearing their conversation where the mother was telling the daughter... "Getting married to him is not wrong... even if you dun love him... just tolerate for 1-2 years then divorce lah..... the amount you can get from the property and wife maintenance after the divorce is much more and better than slogging away at your present job."

Alamak! This type of mother also have in this world..... inside my heart I cursed her.

Guess the mum is not a local...

Dirk Kuyt
25-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Guess the mum is not a local...

Both are educated locals.... daughter works in a bank while mum is a property agent. Singapore has reached the stage where it's people is only concerned about materialistic pursuits.

muscleboi
25-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Both are educated locals.... daughter works in a bank while mum is a property agent. Singapore has reached the stage where it's people is only concerned about materialistic pursuits.

never underestimate women's communication network..we men must be ever on-guard. sad isn't it? sad that in marriage, both husband and wife have to he wary of each other..sad that law intervenes so deeply into the marriage until it has become nothing more than a business transaction with min. 3 year term.

Dirk Kuyt
26-05-2013, 08:46 AM
never underestimate women's communication network..we men must be ever on-guard. sad isn't it? sad that in marriage, both husband and wife have to he wary of each other..sad that law intervenes so deeply into the marriage until it has become nothing more than a business transaction with min. 3 year term.

Mainly because of the Women's Charter.

Beachsea
26-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Suppose to be woman lonelier. !

but in Singapore its the man due to woman's charter.

No wife and no money ! of cos man lonelilier le la...
the woman no husband but got money liao...where got lonely?:eek:

Northern
27-05-2013, 03:08 PM
I believe it will be the males who will be alone more, but lonely or not is debatable. Its like after any relationship beside marriage, after we break up, we revel in the freedom, just want to chill out and be laid back.
Ladies are more sociable than us guys, most ladies generally have more friends than guys, and they like to form support groups.

So, the guy will be alone more.
But lonely, maybe not.

Just a side view into this point.

ashworth
28-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Who is lonelier is debatable. But one thing is for sure. Men will be poorer after divorce.

Very well said. I been through it and even after getting only 20%, the mediation judge told me I am lucky that her lawyer not aggressive enough.

Dirk Kuyt
01-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Very well said. I been through it and even after getting only 20%, the mediation judge told me I am lucky that her lawyer not aggressive enough.

Both of you must have hated each other very much to end up in such an acrimonious divorce.

andypoh
11-06-2013, 02:53 PM

ya true bro.
wow bro u give points everyday.
can give me some hehe
:)

justl00king
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Ladies do have advantage over men to ease loneliness.

Just put on a sexy outfit and reveal half ball, sure to get the men's attention! :D

huhu123
11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Ladies do have advantage over men to ease loneliness.

Just put on a sexy outfit and reveal half ball, sure to get the men's attention! :D

me also lonely leh...:D

Meow^^
11-06-2013, 03:45 PM
First....did we even ask ourself (be it Men or Women) the objectives of getting together or engage in a relationship. It's obvious, both party are lonely and thats why two people involve themseleves into a relationship.

Be it in a relationship or in a marriage, it needs two hands to clap. It's down to two party in the relationship. When one party started to drift away, it mean there is a risk in the relationship. It's kinda makes me ponder, human get together because they are lonely at first and also they split and run after that loneliness....and ask themsleves why they end up alone...

There is no right or wrong in a realtionship, is all about how you respect the relationship. Once you lose the respect of it, there is no way the relationship will work. So, before asking who is more lonerlier, maybe we should ask ourself, did we resepect the relationship at first. No one want to be lonely in our life....

justl00king
11-06-2013, 04:22 PM
me also lonely leh...:Dyou always surrounded by chiobu where got lonely.

Or you prefer to play brokeback? :eek::p:D

Lucifersangel
26-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Honestly I would say woman. Not because sexist or anything. But! Woman have "expiration" date ley. After marriage, (unless it's 1-2 years marriage) most woman would have expired! Still got what man what a expired woman? Every thing is loose and hanging.

Even if still fresh and pretty, children how? If its short term marriage. And split most likely will have young children. Court most likely assigned children with their mother.( dunno why they just do unless the miter have issue)

So u see? Woman want to start a relationship also cannot.. How not to be lonely?

But eventually, most importantly. It depend how gets over it faster. If u can't get over the divorce also no point. Can never move on. In your heart u r forever lonely.

mustachio
26-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Honestly I would say woman. Not because sexist or anything. But! Woman have "expiration" date ley. After marriage, (unless it's 1-2 years marriage) most woman would have expired! Still got what man what a expired woman? Every thing is loose and hanging.

Even if still fresh and pretty, children how? If its short term marriage. And split most likely will have young children. Court most likely assigned children with their mother.( dunno why they just do unless the miter have issue)

So u see? Woman want to start a relationship also cannot.. How not to be lonely?

But eventually, most importantly. It depend how gets over it faster. If u can't get over the divorce also no point. Can never move on. In your heart u r forever lonely.

It is easier for women to get dates or men. My ex wife is 49 and when she dolls up she's really quite alright looking. Besides she knows how to turn on the charm.

Most men no matter how would like to try to score whether it is SYT or MILF.

williamchur133
27-06-2013, 07:46 PM
i think guy ba... because no fukin partner liao ... hahaha:o

tstark413
09-07-2013, 02:17 PM
hmmmm...frankly speaking, it took me about 2 years to get over my divorce. Men and Woman is very different in handling their emotions. Woman tends to recover from a fail relationship faster and jumping into another when opportunities come by. Men then to think about the past more. At least this happen to me. As whether am I lonely, I should said not. There are always way to manage your time and when the urge come...there is always Sammyboy kakis to cheong together.