PDA

View Full Version : Macrobiotic diet & the joys of friendship

Sammyboy RSS Feed
12-05-2013, 07:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Yesterday night got an invitation to dinner from a couple after quite a long while. It turned out to be macrobiotic dinner. And I nearly fainted. Thou I am familar with their friends, there were alot of newbies and they came together with this diet.

As the conversation went on, I realised that we were in supplementary pill market with both legs. There were "experts" on travel sickness, constipation, and it went on and on. Cranberry was topical with the ladies while the men were big time on Q10 or something similar sounding.

The moment I mentioned double blind test, the room went deadly silent. I could hear the pings from a US Sub as the Russian subs were trying to locate it.

Then I noticed that everyone moved their gaze from me to a lady. And she spoke. I nearly did my proverbial "piss in my pants" when she said she was a medical doctor. And she asked me if I was one. I said no and that I was a bus driver with SMRT. Again there was deadly silence. It looked like a mexican stand-off. Clearly the bus driver comment caught them out.

Then the host broke the silence and said that I was being mischievious and told them of my background. Again deadly silence. Another ping from yet another sub.

Then I asked the lady if SMA knows what she was doing and I can see Clamaity Jane high tailing out into the horizon.

Yes, this is a highly embellised version but the cryptic short comments and body language would be too boring and I certainly was not about to offend my hosts.

I grew up with tupperware and pyrex parties and now its is botox, MLM and macrobiotic parties.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?151957-Macrobiotic-diet-amp-the-joys-of-friendship&goto=newpost).