PDA

View Full Version : pls help ans my questions

ManUtd
13-05-2005, 08:48 AM
hi big bros out there .. can i know the difference between polyclinics and the DSC clinic when testing for HIV ? and wld it be be accurate or can it even detect the HIV virus in my blood after only one wk of exposure ?

bonker80
13-05-2005, 08:54 AM
The tests done at polyclinics and GPs are the Elisa tests. Any tests before 3 months are never confirmatory. It is recommended a pre test done at 1 month and then at 3 mths. Doctors will recommend testing at 6 months. The instant HIV test, the hemma-strip at the anonoymous testing centre is also as accurate, and you can get your results in 20 mins time. You may want to go for anonymous testing as counselling will be good

Big Sexy
13-05-2005, 09:37 AM
i am not too sure if u can do your HIV test in polyclinic in the first place..

as for when it can be detect after only one week.... YES!!!!!... chances are something like less than 3%

hi big bros out there .. can i know the difference between polyclinics and the DSC clinic when testing for HIV ? and wld it be be accurate or can it even detect the HIV virus in my blood after only one wk of exposure ?

AfA_hmor
15-05-2005, 03:51 AM

Dear ManUtd,

Essentially DSC is a polyclinic - there is no difference between DSC clinic and polyclinic at your friendly neighbourhood. Tests conducted at DSC Clinic requires your blood samples to be sent to the laboratory. There is no difference.

However, if you are talking about our AfA run annoymous testing services, then of course the test we run is different. We do not need your blood sample to be sent to the lab. We use rapid test at our test site. DSC only provided us with the place to run the testing services. So pls do not be confused over our services run by AfA and DSC clinic.

If you need further answers or questions pls feel free to email AfA at

[email protected]

We will be more than happy to help you as much as possible.

Best regards
AfA

ManUtd
16-05-2005, 12:50 PM
so ya think i shld wait for bout 6 months before i go get a blood test ? and wad shld i say when i get to the polyclinic ?

navras
16-05-2005, 07:57 PM
so ya think i shld wait for bout 6 months before i go get a blood test ? and wad shld i say when i get to the polyclinic ?

Bro,
You can come down to DSC on every wednesay 630pm onwards and saturday 1pm onwards to do annoymous testing for HIV. The cost is only S$20 plus consuelling.

ManUtd
17-05-2005, 11:13 AM
thanks bro but i wld jus like to know when i shld go for the check up as i do not wan to keep goin down .. kinda demoralising .. lol . wad do u suggest .. after 6 months ?

navras
18-05-2005, 12:45 AM
thanks bro but i wld jus like to know when i shld go for the check up as i do not wan to keep goin down .. kinda demoralising .. lol . wad do u suggest .. after 6 months ?

Bro,
Fastest is 3 months but to be sure is 6 months.
Anyway, this an ongoing process, doesn't mean I went down for HIV test
once, tested negative and forget about it.
Be responsible to yourself, loved ones and others. Do it every 3 months as a
routine check don't wait until too late. Prevention is better than cure.

bongster
18-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Go at 3 mths lar... and den get on wif ya life :P

ManUtd
24-05-2005, 08:54 AM
oh thank .. if nv go check like extemely uneasy man .. life cant go on as usual .. lol

oldcar
24-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Dear ManUtd,

However, if you are talking about our AfA run annoymous testing services, then of course the test we run is different.
AfA

Can mah, annoymous? Did it against the Singapore Infectious Disease Act? :confused:

jinrenhe
24-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Jus 2 add...
Cos the antibotics takes 6 weeks to develop (window period), so taking the test immediately after intercourse (or whatever u deemed as risky encounter) is quite useless