PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum

jeepster
06-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

New here, but have a tiny amount of experience on the GL scene. I usually get approached pretty quickly because I'm Asian, being from BC in Canada, they can tell due to my lack of tan.

I travel/transit through Singapore about 3-4 times a year. Due to my flight arrival times, rather than take the MRT, which I normally do to get to the hotel (I often stay at Grand Copthorne or King's), is it generally good etiquette to ask the taxi drivers to take me directly to the houses on Lor 6, 8, etc. so I don't waste time?

Or just get off at Peya Lebar or Kalang MRT station and walk on foot into GL?

Cheers,
Shane

TanGeGE
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
just take taxi would be more ideal u can ask them to drop off at the starting of the lorong then u walk in.

jeepster
09-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks. My flights usually arrive around midnight or even after 2 if there are delays coming in from Tokyo/Hong Kong or even immigration, so I hope most houses don't close too early.

plantronic
11-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks. My flights usually arrive around midnight or even after 2 if there are delays coming in from Tokyo/Hong Kong or even immigration, so I hope most houses don't close too early.

most close by midnight, only two places close late

cherrychocolate
11-05-2013, 06:18 PM

Just take train to peya lebar or kalang n walk from there... warm up your legs before the action....

jeepster
15-05-2013, 07:03 AM
A warm up is so true. Thanks for the hour advisory! I will just have to start in the early morning after a good rest. :D

Got some stays att he Porcelain in Chinatown and my usual Grand Copthorne coming up. Looking forward to visiting some new places me tioned in the threads earlier.

How do you folks tend to dress? Polo shirt and shorts okay, or do I need to go wear a dress shirt and slacks? Cheers!

cherrychocolate
15-05-2013, 11:49 AM
A warm up is so true. Thanks for the hour advisory! I will just have to start in the early morning after a good rest. :D

Got some stays att he Porcelain in Chinatown and my usual Grand Copthorne coming up. Looking forward to visiting some new places me tioned in the threads earlier.

How do you folks tend to dress? Polo shirt and shorts okay, or do I need to go wear a dress shirt and slacks? Cheers!

if you intend to walk a lot... dress comfortably but not shabbily cos weather is hot... a dress shirt and long pants would make you look smarter... but if sweat too much also not 2 good... just make sure u are clean shaven and smell good... usually dis works... bermudas n t shirt like this pix should be fine... dis is how i normally dress...

https://www.attitudeinc.co.uk/images/uploads/Adidas-Originals-Graphic-Trefoil-Tape-T-Shirt-Grey---Carhartt-Monty-El-Morro-Bermuda-Shorts-Black---Adidas-Originals-Supertake-LV-Mid-Cinder-Energy-Black_1.jpg

black84
15-05-2013, 02:00 PM

maybe you may wanna consider to stay in budget hotels in geylang instead?

1.) only cost a fraction of what Porcelain is charging. (hotel 81 average $65/weekdays)

2.) just step out of hotel, you're in geylang, more time to go hunting, or as & when you feel like it.:D or can also bring girls to your room, just walking distances.

jeepster
16-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Yeah, you can tell which one I paid for, and which one is chosen by my work!

But true, I will book the ones on Lorong 18 and 10 next trips out. Just went on the website and the prices were very good for the type of room.

maybe you may wanna consider to stay in budget hotels in geylang instead?

1.) only cost a fraction of what Porcelain is charging. (hotel 81 average $65/weekdays)

2.) just step out of hotel, you're in geylang, more time to go hunting, or as & when you feel like it.:D or can also bring girls to your room, just walking distances.

jeepster
16-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I usually wore jeans if too hot, and a baseball cap. Will go for comfort. Lol, I cannot grow a full beard, but will do as advised. :)

I remember running into a group of Filipinos near Talma, and they were pretty aggressive (polite, but practically following me for a half block) when I went in mid-March. That day I was dressed nicely in a suit, but chickened out at the last second. Didn`t want any extra attention from the other folks.

if you intend to walk a lot... dress comfortably but not shabbily cos weather is hot... a dress shirt and long pants would make you look smarter... but if sweat too much also not 2 good... just make sure u are clean shaven and smell good... usually dis works... bermudas n t shirt like this pix should be fine... dis is how i normally dress...