PDA

View Full Version : Handphone theft alert

Libero
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Sorry don't know whether appropriate to post this here but will do since I bore witness to two incidents in three days! Bros beware there seems to be people targeting to steal handphones these days. I was at Macdonalds watching EPL Saturday and noticed this PRC just drinking coke and looking suspicious. He was obviously not into watching soccer. Saw one bro put his handphone beside his iPad and was busy watching and he walked past and seemed to be trying to steal it. The bro was alert and immediately looked up at him and this guy pretend nothing and walk away. Today at lunch saw another incident. Two students on laptops and phones on the side. One foreign looking guy, think is Indo or pinoy, kept walking past them. An uncle came to tell them to be watchful over their phones. So everyone be on alert, besides the costly loss, will be losing all the meimei's contacts and/or sexy or sexed photos!

frenchtoast
01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I think no matter which location, this types of social problems are part and parcel of allowing too many foreigners into the country. Just keep a tight watch in your valuables and these thieves won't have chance to strike.

西方失败07
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
quite appalled to know now 2013 still got people want to steal hp. :eek:

nowaday i see people put their hp on coffeeshop tables and anywhere. quite a common sight. last time more than 10yrs ago, i lost my hp and never managed to find it...hp used to be a luxury in the past, but not anymore now...it has become a necessity need...:cool:

hboy123
01-04-2013, 08:14 PM
which location???

Doesn't matter which location... Can happen anywhere, so just be careful :)

tobi969
01-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Bro, the location would be interesting ... I 'lost' mine this saturday. Jurong area ... most likely someone took it.

wally888
02-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Also happen in KTVs nowadays.....these FT so desperados:mad:

lastexile
02-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Also happen in KTVs nowadays.....these FT so desperados:mad:

no cctv meh?

Libero
02-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Bros, the macs is at Bedok bus central and the food court is at West Mall. Don't think it is a location thing. Now I am much more careful with my mobile and valuables too.

excloc
02-04-2013, 10:42 AM
If you are in china, the locals will tell you that your valuables can never be exposed. and your bag needs to be "secured" by sitting on the strap or putting it on the lap.

papereleven
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Agreed. My cousins and other family members have all fallen victim to such situations. A few of them got lucky and got their valuables back.

In Singapore, keeping valuables in pockets should be safe enough. Overseas, you might want to invest in a hidden pouch that keeps your valuables literally next to your body.

frenchtoast
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Precisely. Singapore is no longer as "low crime rate" as before with the type of questionable foreigners that we are importing.

Keep watch on your valuables else it might beeping to others.

wally888
02-04-2013, 11:14 PM
no cctv meh?

no cctv :D