PDA

View Full Version : July (Part 1)

weewee23
31-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Part 1

Having backpacked in all 6 continents (most of them alone), I always thought I could handle loneliness with ease when it was announced that I would be posted to China for 2 years (sorry cannot really say where I am posted to as I worry someone will figure out who I am. All I can say is the people here really like spicy food!) Perhaps I was naïve – after all, backpacking and being posted overseas is completely a different ball game. After 3 months here working my socks off everyday, I felt so worn out thinking if it is really worth it. With no family and friends, life seems tough. The so-called “friends” aren’t really friends – they are probably out to get more business for their companies. Nothing wrong with that; its just how this world works.

Felt really lousy when I woke up during one of those stupid arbitrary mornings. Don’t feel like messaging my girlfriend; won’t expect any reply since she is often busy. Turned on the Look Around function of my WeChat account and randomly send greetings to strangers. Don’t know why I was doing that.

After 5 minutes later (while I was dressing up for work in the dreaded office), I heard my iphone vibrate. I went to take a look and realized someone had responded. Her name was July.

Me: 您好.
July: 您好. 你不是本地人吧.
Me: 不是.是外派. 我想跟您说您的照片好看.笑的很甜. J
July: 呵呵, 夸奖了.
July: 你可以不要用”您”吗? 太有礼貌了吧.
Me: 哈哈哈, 习惯了吧.没妨碍您休息了吧?
Me: 对不起,应该用”你”吧.哈哈
July: 没关系.不妨碍.我还在赖床,不然我再睡一下.再聊吧.
Me: 嗯,不打扰了.

With that, I thought it is the end of another meaningless conversation. Never did I think that it was going to be the start of something interesting and yet a painful experience in my life.

alwaysbestdeal
31-03-2013, 03:12 PM

TS,
can translate into english.. for those campers that do not how to read chinese :D

ColdBlood99
31-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Having backpacked in all 6 continents (most of them alone), I always thought I could handle loneliness with ease when it was announced that I would be posted to China for 2 years (sorry cannot really say where I am posted to as I worry someone will figure out who I am. All I can say is the people here really like spicy food!) Perhaps I was naïve – after all, backpacking and being posted overseas is completely a different ball game. After 3 months here working my socks off everyday, I felt so worn out thinking if it is really worth it. With no family and friends, life seems tough. The so-called “friends” aren’t really friends – they are probably out to get more business for their companies. Nothing wrong with that; its just how this world works.

Felt really lousy when I woke up during one of those stupid arbitrary mornings. Don’t feel like messaging my girlfriend; won’t expect any reply since she is often busy. Turned on the Look Around function of my WeChat account and randomly send greetings to strangers. Don’t know why I was doing that.

After 5 minutes later (while I was dressing up for work in the dreaded office), I heard my iphone vibrate. I went to take a look and realized someone had responded. Her name was July.

Me: 您好. <-- hi, how are you?
July: 您好. 你不是本地人吧. <-- hi, how are you? You are not local right?
Me: 不是.是外派. 我想跟您说您的照片好看.笑的很甜. <-- no, I'm from oversea, I wanted to tell your that your photo very nice, smile till very sweet.
July: 呵呵, 夸奖了. <-- hmm hmm, thanks for your compliment.
July: 你可以不要用”您”吗? 太有礼貌了吧. <-- 1st phase I don't know how to translate. But is using a word that make her sound like ts is very friendly.
Me: 哈哈哈, 习惯了吧.没妨碍您休息了吧? <-- I'm use to it, I hope I didn't disturb your beauty slp.
Me: 对不起,应该用”你”吧.哈哈 <-- this link yo the polite stuff.
July: 没关系.不妨碍.我还在赖床,不然我再睡一下.再聊吧.<-- it's okay, you didn't disturb me, I'm still rolling on bed, if not let me go slp awhile more, tata talk later.
Me: 嗯,不打扰了.okay bye dont disturb your beauty sleep.

With that, I thought it is the end of another meaningless conversation. Never did I think that it was going to be the start of something interesting and yet a painful experience in my life.

Hope above help those bro who don't read Chinese, apologize for the bad translate.

wildsoulx
31-03-2013, 05:17 PM
pitching tent...:D

Blaziken
01-04-2013, 12:03 AM
nice , camping for more

alan0338
01-04-2013, 11:19 AM
扎营等待第二段...

BigBoy2
01-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Both English and Chines very powderful loh..........

Interesting...... Do continue........

TakashiPaul
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
camping here for more :)

Kevinboy
01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Please continue

simple2kee
01-04-2013, 09:14 PM
interesting, camping for more!

weewee23
01-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Felt damn lousy when I scrolled through the wechat conversion between July and myself (to find juicy bits for my write up). Cannot believe its all over now. Its just too hurting to continue now as I am still feeling the heartache. Maybe it is because tonight its Gor Gor 10th death anniversary.

I try to pen the experience once I picked myself up and I don't want to just anyhow type like what I am typing now. I am sorry.

BTW, there's no sex associated to this story. Just tons and tons of 暧昧 involved. On hindsight, no sex might mean less pain to myself and her.

My sincere apologies to all bros who don't understand Chinese. If translate liao, maybe may lose the meaning. pai say

teoguoen
01-04-2013, 11:02 PM

your story touch my heart huhuu

sex crusader
01-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Lol. Ppl that familiar with china can only guess two famous cities and one province. Chengdu, Congqing , Hunan . Btw, wechat is pretty easy to hook up gal in china. Brother... There are sexual activities everywhere in china. Not tough at all,it's just working for pleasure. That's me.:D

Blaziken
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
please continue , thanks

darth.vader
04-04-2013, 11:19 PM
more please.

weewee23
06-04-2013, 11:09 PM
(Part 2)

We started chatting intensively through WeChat for the next 1 week. Had to admit we hit it off (mentally) almost instantly; she is not looking for a husband (I do not want to get married), she doesn’t want to have children (I hate children). Get to know that she was 27 years old and had just returned to the city to work after a motorcycle accident. She works as a hotel receptionist and thus explains why she has to do shift work. She is single.

Work to me was still shitty but time passes fast when she was constantly “around” (in Wechat). For that entire week, it felt so much better because I thought I had finally found a friend in this southern Chinese city. Cannot deny there was no sexual thoughts but it was really the last thing on my mind (though I did really wanted to hug her tight). After all, a friend like this was hard to find. I certainly don’t want to lose her as a friend if I attempt to get her laid. I also didn’t want to cheat on my girlfriend even though she was miles away. Anyway, I finally pop the question (of asking her out, not to get her laid).

Me: 周六没空吗?
July: 你是想我有空还是没空? 我现在很有空. :)
Me: 我想你周六有空陪我.
Me: 现在我得工作啊, 亲.
July: 你是周六晚才有空吧?
Me: 嗯.不然, 周日也行.
July: 好的. 我来安排.

So I think that is a yes??!!

There was another episode that I remembered fondly. As I didn’t chat with her for almost half a day, I started another conversation with her.

Me: 被别人骗走了是吗?
July: 哈哈哈.你在干什么?
Me: 在等你回来.
July: 现在我和朋友吃火锅去.
Me: 嗯, 不妨碍你了. (Not wanting to disturb her)
July: 没关系.我现在很有空聊天的呢.
Me: 哈哈.你去吃火锅.我去找别的女人.晚安.
July: 好的, 现在你去找别的女人吧.记得发照片给我.
Me: :( :( :(

The conversation had to end here as I need to urgently submit some reports to head office. Before I knew it, another 3 hours passed.

July: 小气鬼, 睡了吗? 找到别的女人了吗?
Me: 还没. 为什么叫我小气鬼?
July: 我和别人吃饭, 你就说要找其他的女人啊. 还不小气吗?
Me: ….