PDA

View Full Version : It all started here... Final

FishyLynn
23-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I moved to a corner as the doctors and nurses come in to examine Gary. My ears cannot believe what I have just heard. So... he cannot remember me now? How can it be?

We have been through so much together.

I was asked to leave the room and wait outside now. Gail and her family arrives... then Gary's parents. They were anxiously waiting for the doctor to tell them how Gary is doing. Same for me... I am breathless... I am holding my own breath.. wishing I did not hear the 3 little words "Who are you".

We waited... it seems like eternal....

FishyLynn
23-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Chapter 1

I sit down on a nearby chair... I feel my tears are mounting up... I hold on to my tummy with both my hands... please... why must this happen to me? I just want to be

with him... please let him come back. Baby... what am I supposed to do now? What should mummy do now?

The door opened and the doctor appeared.

Doc: Mr Tan is awake now. However, he is suffering from temporary memory loss. He cannot remember certain things, certain people. He needs some time to get this memory

back. You can go in and see him but please make it a short stay.

Gary's mum: Doc, how long will it take for him to gain back his memory?

Doc: It depends on individual.

Gary's mum stared hard at me... I looked down on the floor. Gail took my hand and look at me... assuring me. My tears fell...

We entered the room and Gary was looking at us with curiosity.

Gary: Hi, who are you?

Gary's mum: Gary.... (she starts to sob)

Gail: Gary, I am your younger sister. This is mum and dad.

Gary: Oh... hi... sorry, I just cannot remember anything....

Gail: It is ok, the doc says you need some time to recover. This is Daph, your girlfriend.

Gary looked at me... with strange looks. I wanted to say something but there is no voice coming out of me.

Me: Hi Gary...

Gary: Hi Daph... are we really... in a relationship?

Me: Yes.... (I stand rooted to the ground)

Gary: Sorry... I just don't remember you.

Me: You tried to save me... that is why u landed in here. I am so sorry.... (That's it... I cried uncontrollably)

Gail held on to me... trying to comfort me. The nurse came in and informed us that we need to leave the room and let Gary rest.
I have not hold Gary... or touch him... I do not think he will return my hugs or my touch now. My world is upside down.

Once we are outside the room... Gary's mum started yelling at me.

Gary's mum: You are a jinx... see how Gary is suffering because of u. You better leave him alone now since he cannot remember u.
Me: Please auntie... I am so sorry. I love him... I cannot do without him... I want to be with him no matter how he becomes.
Gary's mum: Just leave him alone... don't ever come near him again.

I am shock...how can I not go near him...??? He is the father of my child... I need him...

Gail: Please mum, we are all sadden by what has happen... just don't make matters worse. Daph saved Daniel too, don't u forget that!

With that, Gary's mum kept quiet. I hold on to Gail.. I needed some kind of support and she seems to be the only person I can hang on to now.