PDA

View Full Version : someone said - ah hood road - enlighten please

batami
16-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I kept a copy of entry in a thread from some time back,thought one day it might be useful, it reads:

"Re: Where are the 6 "official "red light districts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghjkl
yep.. balester.. its called jalan something..

post by Snakehead

Its actually Ah Hood Road.......see the Big New Building next to the Sun Yat Sen villa......tat's the new "Orchard Towers"......kekekeke....very well protected and very safe place too."

well, I cant remember when this was posted but was in the area last week so thought would call by to look at this place.

One side of sunyat sen building is a temple and the otehr seeems to be a social club for one of the government departments

If snake heaad is still around - or abyne else - was this a joke, or is this place real and where?

batami
16-04-2005, 11:48 PM
sorry - finger trouble

If snake head is still around - or anyone else - was this a joke, or is this place real and where?

gigantic_tk
17-04-2005, 12:03 AM
I kept a copy of entry in a thread from some time back,thought one day it might be useful, it reads:

"Re: Where are the 6 "official "red light districts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghjkl
yep.. balester.. its called jalan something..

post by Snakehead

Its actually Ah Hood Road.......see the Big New Building next to the Sun Yat Sen villa......tat's the new "Orchard Towers"......kekekeke....very well protected and very safe place too."

well, I cant remember when this was posted but was in the area last week so thought would call by to look at this place.

One side of sunyat sen building is a temple and the otehr seeems to be a social club for one of the government departments

If snake heaad is still around - or abyne else - was this a joke, or is this place real and where?

That club is the National Service Police Association (if I call it correctly), a club established for those former Police NS reservists. The temple is the Burmese temple...............................Note: Jalan Rajah Road is a shorter road parallel to Balestier Road ........................."Ah.. Lan". Road is just at a corner............................................ ....................hehehe.

Randi_Candi
17-04-2005, 01:19 PM
There is a site called www.streetdirectory.com.sg
I think this is a goot ref for people searching for roads n directions

batami
17-04-2005, 10:25 PM
thanks bro, used it before problem was walked around and and did not find; nobody local seemed to know. so either I was in wrong place or am stupid! or dont understand obscure directions.

can anyone any more help, or pm with precise location

thanks

Randi_Candi
17-04-2005, 11:27 PM
thanks bro, used it before problem was walked around and and did not find; nobody local seemed to know. so either I was in wrong place or am stupid! or dont understand obscure directions.

can anyone any more help, or pm with precise location

thanks
There is quite a few niches n nooks there
Raja, datoh n a few others
Next time I m in tat area I keep a look out for u, swee boh? :D

Look at the map, it should be accesible from Raja which is slightly further down opp the KwanYim temple from the TPY side
Raja is jus before the petrol kiosk

ddt^
20-04-2005, 06:35 PM
hi bros:

just wondering if there is anymore details with regards to this ah hood road. was in the area, drove around for half an hour but could not see or find squat. anyone care to be more specific? if it's about privacy, please pm me then. cheers

:confused:

gigantic_tk
20-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Actually what you expect at this Ah Hood Road? I know it is a small HDB housing estate comprises 3 point blocks and 3 elongated blocks. Outside is the main road, Balestier Road, there are 2 Tuina shops and 3 LSB (include DA LU). Slightly further up there is Balestier Hotel.

Lately there are few spot checks carried out by local NPC on this TS, LSB & Hotel followed by residents sensing that that are PRC FL loitering around this region. Residents living there also scare that this area left uncheck will one day escalating to be like another Joo Chiat liao.