PDA

View Full Version : 100% salary to the wife

Captian Caveman
03-01-2013, 04:22 PM
hi bros, what is your opinion on guy giving all his salary to the wife? i have a close friend who does just that.. i just cannot understand why he is doing it, despite my advice.. he still give all his salary to his wife.
i have to buy him drinks everytime we go out because of that, is he plain stupid or it is just me who is it me being bigot. is there any way to change his thinking? any advise is welcome.

btw.. his wife isnt a chio bu.. more of a tigress. :D

http://dyn-images.hsni.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/icn165/fisher-price-kung-fu-panda-2-tigress-smack-talkers-talking-plush~6957565w.jpg

grey82
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
hi bros, what is your opinion on guy giving all his salary to the wife? i have a close friend who does just that.. i just cannot understand why he is doing it, despite my advice.. he still give all his salary to his wife.
i have to buy him drinks everytime we go out because of that, is he plain stupid or it is just me who is it me being bigot. is there any way to change his thinking? any advise is welcome.

http://dyn-images.hsni.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/icn165/fisher-price-kung-fu-panda-2-tigress-smack-talkers-talking-plush~6957565w.jpg

maybe he last time got caught with his pants down, then only way to solve it is to give all salary....no money, he cant find honey....(in most cases)

DegenerationX
03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
How he survive when he go work everyday? His wife just give him allowance? How much allowance per day?

Captian Caveman
03-01-2013, 04:56 PM
no la. my friend is a kwai kwai type.. don'y cheong wan. always listen to wife.
wife say give. he give...

maybe he last time got caught with his pants down, then only way to solve it is to give all salary....no money, he cant find honey....(in most cases)

Captian Caveman
03-01-2013, 04:57 PM
yea. he gets pocket money from his wife everyday.. something like 15-20 dollars a day.. that is the part i cannot stand most... wife is treating him like a kid. but i dont know how to convince him also.

How he survive when he go work everyday? His wife just give him allowance? How much allowance per day?

DegenerationX
03-01-2013, 05:03 PM
yea. he gets pocket money from his wife everyday.. something like 15-20 dollars a day.. that is the part i cannot stand most... wife is treating him like a kid. but i dont know how to convince him also.

I think he needs to be embarrassed jialat jialat by friends and colleagues to wake up, especially by ladies. Example, jio for lunch or dinner at a more expensive place where he cant afford. He sure say can't go and then embarrass him by saying out the actual reason. After which, have a nice man to man talk with him about his matter and tell him the cons of giving all his money to his wife. It might help.

Captian Caveman
03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
bro.. problem is girls like this type of guys, but we guys find him stupid and set stupid market standard, sabo us..

everytime i tell him.. he says he is not afraid of the wife, but is doing it out of respect, since he agreed to give wife his salary, so should keep his words.

me really faints talking to him sometimes..

I think he needs to be embarrassed jialat jialat by friends and colleagues to wake up, especially by ladies. Example, jio for lunch or dinner at a more expensive place where he cant afford. He sure say can't go and then embarrass him by saying out the actual reason. After which, have a nice man to man talk with him about his matter and tell him the cons of giving all his money to his wife. It might help.

DegenerationX
03-01-2013, 05:16 PM
bro.. problem is girls like this type of guys, but we guys find him stupid and set stupid market standard, sabo us..

everytime i tell him.. he says he is not afraid of the wife, but is doing it out of respect, since he agreed to give wife his salary, so should keep his words.

me really faints talking to him sometimes..

Then distance yourself from him. Not trying to sabo your friendship with him. But if your group of friends keep suggesting to more expensive places where he can't afford, he will miss out on most of the gatherings. In the long run, he will end up with no friends as the group will tend not to jio him anymore.

I do have a friend, well not similar situation but can be used as reference. His wife demands he accompany her everyday, he can't even go out with friends. As time goes by, friends start to distance themselves from him cos every time jio him out he also say cannot, must accompany wife. There was once when he encountered some problems, wanted to find friends to talk to/for help, he realised he does not even have a single friend he can rely on. After this incident, he started to talk terms with his wife and started to join friends in gatherings occasionally.

It's a long post and I'm not good with english but hope you get what I'm trying to put across.

kosan
03-01-2013, 06:01 PM

Nice picture of tigress. With this picture I can't help myself to think that your friend have turn to kung fu panda.

kosan
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Seriously as a good friend what can you advise him. In my life experience I have meet one person like your friend situation. Let call this guy as A. Everyone in the company look down on A. Everyday ‘A’ goes home and stay with his wife he gives every single cents he earns to her. ‘A’s wife says yes ‘A’ wouldn’t say no. He has to be careful when picking up phone calls. I can tell you his friends list has to be approved by his wife.

I pity him. One day on the way going home I chit chat with him. I told him have you ever consider pack your bag use whatever money he has save all this years, go to the neighbour country stay a few month and come back again.

Sincerely even until now I don’t think he has the gut to do it.

kosan
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Caveman, if this friend is your buddy then you have to tell him that you are his friend and whenever he is in need he can call you.

Captian Caveman
03-01-2013, 08:02 PM
if i didnt treat him as a buddy, i wont have bother about it.
problem is the wife girlfriends all now says i am trying to breakup their marriage by being a shit stirrer..i have been called "Male Chauvinist Pig" and "ding hai" for playing the role of the villain. :eek:

very difficult to be a good guy these days.

Caveman, if this friend is your buddy then you have to tell him that you are his friend and whenever he is in need he can call you.

sideswapmi
03-01-2013, 08:05 PM

Bro, I tell you, Jipun lang culture hor is like tat one, give all to wife to take care of household expenses, then wife will calculate how much each day he will spend on food and transport then she will give me weekly allowance or monthly allowance.
example per day if food- 2 meals costs $10 x 25 working days = $250 and transport per day $3.00 x 25 working days = $75, therefore total monthly allowance = $325 lor...:):D

Therefore you know why Jipun lang always on dart.. no excess to buy you drink lor...hehe

owl888
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
so long as he does no bad things or harm others, it's his lifestyle & choice so nobody can change that if he desires this way. This kinda friend I usually maintain by usual coffee or tea (something he can afford) who knows when u really need help he may b the first to do so:confused: :)

Big Sexy
03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
on dart? that's scary mate.
surely you meant "dutch".:D

Therefore you know why Jipun lang always on dart.. no excess to buy you drink lor...hehe

ac171
04-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Giving all his salary to his wife monthly may seem demanding but perhaps there might be reasons behind it that we don't know. It could be as simple as the wife is saving up for him since he doesn't manage his finances properly too.

Then even so from a woman's point of view I wouldn't totally agree on giving 100% of my salary to anyone and let them control me with a daily or monthly allowance. Firstly no offense but what if one day the wife had an affair and run away with all the savings from his salary? Or the act clever wife got cheated some how and all these money given by the husband is gone? How would someone be able to take it if such things happen isn't it?

But no matter what every couple have their way of managing their finances. As long as your friend is still comfortable with having all his salary given to the wife there's nothing much you can really do unless you certainly want to start a fight with your friend's wife over this.

maxsee
04-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I mean since ur friend want to give 100% to his wife..it is his problem la...no point u go and stop him from doing so...coz like u say ppl will view u as a shit stirrer...he is old enough to decide for his life la...

But i have to agree it is very dumb to give 100%...coz u never knows how the future will runs it course...what if one day the woman have a change of heart and falls in love with another man.....tat will be the day ur friend will be left penniless....:D:D:D

tanmikel
04-01-2013, 08:59 AM
what everyone say is not important . whats most important are the people involved in the individual relationship . for example , the friend and his wife , so what if he give all his monies to his wife as long as they are happy with this arrangement ? as for the relationship between you and your friend , so what if you want to or don't want to pay for him as long as you are happy with this arrangement ? he might not even be telling you the truth but thats between the 2 of you .

Arniki
07-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I find that what bro tanmikel says is very true...
ur friend in the 1st place might not even be telling you the truth..

LazyCat
07-01-2013, 06:06 PM
if i didnt treat him as a buddy, i wont have bother about it.
problem is the wife girlfriends all now says i am trying to breakup their marriage by being a shit stirrer..i have been called "Male Chauvinist Pig" and "ding hai" for playing the role of the villain. :eek:

very difficult to be a good guy these days.

Bro Captian Caveman, I agree with you that it is crazy. I also have a friend who is like that. But his case is that he is totally brainless when comes to handling money. So for his case, better that the wife take charge. Same like your case, afew of us usually gather for makan session every friday. When he join us, we don't ask him to fork out his share as we know his wallet sure not enough.

He does feel bad and he have developed low self esteems.

As a general rule, even when i was married, i give sufficient to my then wife to take care of the daily running expenses for the house.. Anytime there is a requirement for top up, i will without fail, give her the extra, as long as it is justified..

Bro can call me MCP, but the point is, i believe in being self sustainable... Else one day you need money for something and wife say no? Then how?

peanut123
08-01-2013, 12:23 PM

If he's happy that way, why would you want to convince him otherwise? The 15-20$ limit is rather low, but he does have credit cards right ? Surely he can buy drinks with his cards.

Some guys value their marriage more than their salary, and if that keeps his wife happy, and her happiness keeps their marriage sane, why not?

Personally, I would think it's better for the man to put money monthly (say, 50-70% of his pay) into a joint account that his wife can access for family expenses(not for buying LV bags), and keep the rest for himself.

But if a guy wants to give 100%, that's his perogative. The key question is : is he happy with this arrangement? If he is, then leave him alone ( but ask him to pick up the tab once in a while with his credit card).

peanut123
08-01-2013, 12:25 PM
I think you are very wise, not MCP. A man must take care of his family, but that does not mean he should be totally subservient to his wife. They are equals, and should contribute equally, not 100% in 1 direction only.

As a general rule, even when i was married, i give sufficient to my then wife to take care of the daily running expenses for the house.. Anytime there is a requirement for top up, i will without fail, give her the extra, as long as it is justified..

Bro can call me MCP, but the point is, i believe in being self sustainable... Else one day you need money for something and wife say no? Then how?

Captian Caveman
09-01-2013, 08:07 AM
he does have a credit card, but the wife also control the spending. if he cannot spend the cash, do you think his wife will let him swipe the card so easier? it is not only about whether he is happy or not, he is doing it because he love the wife, but i find his wife is behaving like a tyrant. everything also want to control.

Do you guys think girls nowadays are becoming more of a control freak? everything also want to control. my girlfriend also like that these days. Go out must report, sometimes even will check my wallet and phone.

If he's happy that way, why would you want to convince him otherwise? The 15-20$ limit is rather low, but he does have credit cards right ? Surely he can buy drinks with his cards.

Castrol
09-01-2013, 04:59 PM

good idea, from now i will tell all my friends i gvie my entire salary to my wife so i wont have to pay for beer again.. :D

aisheteru
09-01-2013, 09:15 PM
i have to buy him drinks everytime we go out because of that,

A good reason/excuse to have free drinks :p

Ichigo_Kurosaki
09-01-2013, 09:27 PM
If I ever get married, I think I will be worry and stress if my wife tells me: "I'm you're wife, I love you and I want to help you to manage OUR money :D

IMHO, we ought to work out a good money management agreement with our wives based on Independent Funds and Share Funds so that we don't need to explain every purchase or spending matter to one another. However giving my entire salary or revealing my accounts to her is: NO WAY! (at least not right after honeymoon) :p

Then again, if my wife is an auditor or in fund management, then no choice cos it's comes with the package deal :p

Cdistributor
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Well, i think you need to ask who earn more money ?
husband or wife ?

This may also be 1-sided story
what if your friend own loan shark money but feel paiseh to tell you
wife forcing him to pay up by handling his finance

HCKing
11-01-2013, 09:24 PM
just one question, TS yr friend never imagine if one day were to divorce, then hw?

centvin
14-01-2013, 03:43 PM
from my circle of friends, most have very demanding wives including being tax 100percent of their pay.. but most importantly as long as both are happy and the wife is also commited(nvr eat out), no condition is too demanding..

ahpui99
15-01-2013, 06:13 PM
My suggestion is sole name each. But keep a joint account for joint stuff like shared bills and saving for future. Better lah

DayView2014
16-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Never never give your 100% paycheck to your wife or mistress. I do not trust women anymore especially PRC women.

Captian Caveman
17-01-2013, 06:47 AM
no bro.. this is a close friend so i know him well. he doesn't owe loan shark any money. i just don't understand why men these days are weak. luckily i am not married.:D

Well, i think you need to ask who earn more money ?
husband or wife ?

This may also be 1-sided story
what if your friend own loan shark money but feel paiseh to tell you
wife forcing him to pay up by handling his finance

hotstuffm8
17-01-2013, 08:43 PM
trolololol

Intltuk
18-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Jumping in here with my 1/2 cent:D.

I'm in agreement with bros/sis here on tat wat agreement is made bet a couple...are bet them, period; there is a dime a dozen reasons of whys.....but we are not in their shoes.....unless they seek advice;).

I've my fair share of friends whom I've paid for their meals/drinks for a period of time due to certain circumstances....but on my terms, ie, within my means:).....hawker centre/coffee shop level:D.....and only when I can afford.

The circumstance? Mostly due to friends being down and out for a time.

I've a few friends who hve their wifes holding the purse string....and they get daily/weekly allowance.....but the good thing is tat the wife recognize the husband needs additional funds for tat occasional outings.

I also hve friends who are financially tight.....but they will `try' to pay a `token' share. If and when they can't, after a time, they will excuse themselves from outings. For these friends.....I will seek them out when I can afford.....bec they hve a conscience and treat me as a friend......not Robert.

I've also met pple who are always up for free meals/drinks.......I don't mind if I'm Bill Gates......but I'm not...so....they are no longer my friends.

Bottom line, friendship is a two way street....friends should respect and treasure ea other. A friend who can well afford to pay but do not bec he gives his salary to the wife but do not negotiate for `additional' allowance for tat occasional outing.....is not respecting his friends....and in return, will lose the respect of his friends....sooner or later.....but this is just my opinion.

Gaofar
18-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Hmm.. My current wife also wanted to control my purse-string.. Initially was at 90% of my paycheck, but haggle down to 80% as I mentioned I might need the extra cash for that "unexpected" event of maybe treating a client to a meal or something like that..

Last time with my 1st wife it was always me holding the absolute power of finance, but with my 2nd wife she'll want to hold on to the money to better manage our money for our future, in her own words.. Can't fight with someone who is from ACCA and an accountant in the making.. :o

HorLiSee
18-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Never never give your 100% paycheck to your wife or mistress. I do not trust women anymore especially PRC women.
I agree, you are a dimwit, it's not trust or don't trust, it's you use your cock to think that's why you are nothing but a piece of shit today. KI SI LA! :D

Kalv
19-01-2013, 07:55 PM
..your opinion on guy giving all his salary to.. wife? .. i have to buy him drinks everytime ..
For a strong and happy relationship - its is OK - if husband is happy. :confused: Can a person be happy with such a demanding/controlling wife ?? :p On the other hand, which wife will agree to give all salary to husband ?? Also is it right take advantage of a friend - by not paying everytime - using this as an excuse??

Wife should be more understanding and not be so controlling unless husband is a gambler, drunkard, spendthrift, womanizer etc. - poor with finance and do not care for family.

Just my opinion - no need to agree. Wishing all a nice weekend. :D Cheers.

CrabKing
20-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree, you are a dimwit, it's not trust or don't trust, it's you use your cock to think that's why you are nothing but a piece of shit today. KI SI LA! :D

LOL, alot of men have that problem.