PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise (passport)

win13win
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi guy

Recent I need to travel mostly to Malaysia and Thailand.
However I tend to find some time to go China.

Need so advise here : my passport chop is different from the one I told my wife.
Is there any way to remove, cover up or can I tear away the pages of my passport?

Calvin
01-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Don't tear your passport, you will run into problems with ICA and other countries immigration department. Worst, you may be deported or detained.

Best to cook a story that you need to go China for business that do something so drastic as tearing your passport.

Regards

sheridan
01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
The usual way is to travel via hongkong after having fun then dropped by Disney shop at the HKIA buy small gifts when coming back to catch flight to SG:p

GavinYo
01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Never tear your passport as you may encounter problem when you go through immigration as they will detain anyone whose passport looked tempered.

It seems that we SG people can get one more passport just for going to Israel and then one more for going to middle-east countries. Hope that this can give you some ideas on what you can do .... :D

newyorker88
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi guy

Need so advise here : my passport chop is different from the one I told my wife.
Is there any way to remove, cover up or can I tear away the pages of my passport?

You can always travel from Hong Kong to China. Saying business deals.

melted
02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi guy

Hi bro, are you traveling for business to meet clients or outstation? that could also be an excuse to travel to china :D

Vertu
03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi guy

Since your wife can allow you to visit Thailand .... whats the problem with China .

Take this 2 month chance to visit china as there is a canton fair in GZ for most trade ....

Have fun

Allanooi
03-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Since your wife can allow you to visit Thailand .... whats the problem with China .

Take this 2 month chance to visit china as there is a canton fair in GZ for most trade ....

Have fun

Maybe his wife is a jealous Thai girl...

SEAJ
03-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi guy

Just to complicate things for you a bit more, please note that each China port of entry stamp has the name of the port of entry in the stamp. i.e. if you enter via Shenzhen, its gonna show that you enter via Shenzhen!

SEAN

upmountain
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi guy

Technically, the passport does not belong to you but to the government that issues it to you so it is not your property to do whatever you want with it.

Not only will you face the likely prospect of being detained (by ICA) / deported (by a foreign immigration authority) as mentioned by Bro Calvin in his earlier post but it is also an offence to damage or destroy a SG passport. If convicted, this can result in either a fine or jail time or both.

Best way is just to tell your wife (and convince her the best you can) that you are going to China on business. At most she doesn't belief you lor.

If you think your wife is scary then imagine how much more scary it will be to try explaining why you are being charged for damaging your issued passport. Not worth it bro.

bolsterposter
03-10-2012, 11:52 PM
just say passport "lost" and get a new one after you come back ...

TigerGuy
03-10-2012, 11:53 PM
The usual way is to travel via hongkong after having fun then dropped by Disney shop at the HKIA buy small gifts when coming back to catch flight to SG:p

this is a good idea
+1

:cool:

MidnightRose
03-10-2012, 11:58 PM
If u only want to go China once, then after u return, put in the washing machine and wash. The go ICA to report your maid accidentally wash your clothing without checking your passport is inside and make a new one.

If you are thinking of going to China more than once, then, find excuses saying your company had make a contract with China's client, and signed a contract of 3 years, so you need to travel to china every 3 months to service your company client. You will have 3 years of free time in China without being suspected by your spouse.:)

indianmagicoil
04-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I think the passport for traveling to Israel has to be returned to ICA once you get back to Singapore. Its like a one time use and only for travel to Israel. Sillypore's MFA issues this passport so that we can travel to other Ali Baba countries (even Malaysia & Indonesia) with our "regular" passport and not get into trouble or be denied entry.

As many bros already mentioned here. Tearing out the pages is not a good idea. Report loss if kana "bao toe" will be charged making false report. Say maid accidentally dumped it into the washing machine, my dog ate it etc... can try. Best is cook up some water tight work related story.

Good luck!

win13win
04-10-2012, 05:34 PM
just say passport "lost" and get a new one after you come back ...

Haha, I have already used damage passport and change new one 2 time for the last 1 year. Cannot use that excuse liao. (if declear lost, the ICA will not allow you make new within a short time)

ramadel
04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I think the passport for traveling to Israel has to be returned to ICA once you get back to Singapore. Its like a one time use and only for travel to Israel. Sillypore's MFA issues this passport so that we can travel to other Ali Baba countries (even Malaysia & Indonesia) with our "regular" passport and not get into trouble or be denied entry.

As many bros already mentioned here. Tearing out the pages is not a good idea. Report loss if kana "bao toe" will be charged making false report. Say maid accidentally dumped it into the washing machine, my dog ate it etc... can try. Best is cook up some water tight work related story.

Good luck!

I think there is a limit to replacing lost or damaged passports. A colleague of mine was damn suay and got caught in floods 3 times in 1 year while traveling and damaged his passport which he always carry with him. ICA replaced his passport twice and when he tried to replace a 3rd time..... they told him to come back 1 year later.

He had been barred from having a passport for the next 12 months. :)

SQ2600
04-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Singapore passports used to be a hot commodity in the underworld and commanded a premium price on it. :p

I wonder how much is a passport worth today? :rolleyes:

dinodino
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Its easier to give a cock and bull story of you schedule then do damange to ur passport.
Just casually mention during dinner or something what happened to ur trip, eg, company sent me last minute to XXX place to close a deal etc...
Of course buy something nice for your OC too la ;)