PDA

View Full Version : Raid ?

addthefun
29-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Any cheongsters here notice geylang lor 24 had lots of raid by officers recently.I was there past few nites and have seen them in action,and WG has to run from them.Is this common?I haven't been to geylang quite some years now.I've been to other lor and hv not seen these raids going on over there.Hv also seen these officers bugging into people's private property just to nab the WG.Someone might want to clear these doubts...

1)Isn't it being very unfair to just target lor 24?:rolleyes:
2)Do these officers have the right to bug or find their means to get into these private property in order to nab these WG?:confused:
3)And if they're carrying out their duties,why not drive government register vehicle instead of just any private car and for goodness sake at least wear a lanyard while carrying out their duties.No way they can compare to the police force in singapore.Such ungentlemanly act of duty!!!:eek:

I'm in no way related to these WG,just felt that after all everyone is just trying to make a living to make end meets.By the looks of it,it seems these officers are going all out to nab WG at lor 24.It's not going to be a good sight especially there's frequent volume of tourists and holiday makers,that I came across past few nites.Please share ur thoughts...:cool:

PenguinChaser
29-08-2012, 06:28 PM
What thoughts you want us to share? These WLs are working here illegally. They do have the right to arrest these WLs who are here on social visit pass but are working illegally.

But, don't take it wrong. I'm not against these WLs though. They give us alternatives. Just that, want to earn the money, must also accept whatever risk.

And I think these raids lately are due to residents writing in to the paper to complain. Jalan Suka is located there, isn't it? And also got goondu write in to say he earn so much so much for rebtj g out rooms to these short times WLs.

So, who to blame?

toot7
29-08-2012, 08:21 PM
What thoughts you want us to share? These WLs are working here illegally. They do have the right to arrest these WLs who are here on social visit pass but are working illegally.

But, don't take it wrong. I'm not against these WLs though. They give us alternatives. Just that, want to earn the money, must also accept whatever risk.

And I think these raids lately are due to residents writing in to the paper to complain. Jalan Suka is located there, isn't it? And also got goondu write in to say he earn so much so much for rebtj g out rooms to these short times WLs.

So, who to blame?

newspaper :D

Mountain
29-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Any cheongsters here notice geylang lor 24 had lots of raid by officers recently.I was there past few nites and have seen them in action,and WG has to run from them.Is this common?I haven't been to geylang quite some years now.I've been to other lor and hv not seen these raids going on over there.Hv also seen these officers bugging into people's private property just to nab the WG.Someone might want to clear these doubts...

1)Isn't it being very unfair to just target lor 24?:rolleyes:
2)Do these officers have the right to bug or find their means to get into these private property in order to nab these WG?:confused:
3)And if they're carrying out their duties,why not drive government register vehicle instead of just any private car and for goodness sake at least wear a lanyard while carrying out their duties.No way they can compare to the police force in singapore.Such ungentlemanly act of duty!!!:eek:

I'm in no way related to these WG,just felt that after all everyone is just trying to make a living to make end meets.By the looks of it,it seems these officers are going all out to nab WG at lor 24.It's not going to be a good sight especially there's frequent volume of tourists and holiday makers,that I came across past few nites.Please share ur thoughts...:cool:

Let's put it this way. What happens if you were living in a high crime residential area? Obviously, more policemen would be seen patrolling around that area frequently.

So it goes the same for your scenario over here. It might turn out that GL Lor24 has been a spotlight lately, and those policemen who used to be on daily duty around GL would probably keep a closer lookout on that street.

Everyone's here is making a living. It depends on which channel these workers choose to do, whether through a proper one, or they do it illegal with discreet. It's a risk for all.

These policemen are just doing their jobs. It's keeping the place in law and order.

When it's time to play, you play. Otherwise, just watch it burn.

FRwriter
29-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Just to let you know my experience working with SPF as crime scene photographer (for a few mths).
There is something call the search and arrest warrant. With that, it allows them barge into a house (i.e. Terrace house) to search and/or arrest someone they suspect a "criminal" etc.

If u hinder them, u can also be arrested for hindering them working.
That is what i can share with bros here if you guys want to know abt then "barging" into people place.

wally888
30-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Most likely residents complains, write to forum, MP....etc...Else sometimes park never block other people oso kena summons, why ppl complain :(