PDA

View Full Version : Bbbj

ekit
19-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Is it safe to have bj without protection?

sammyboyfor
20-01-2005, 02:13 AM

NO!

You can easily catch Syphillis, Genital Warts, Genital Herpes, Gonorrhoea and Hepatitis B from unprotected oral sex.

Check out http://www.sammyboy.com/stdsummary.html plus do a search on the net with keywords "ORAL SEX DANGERS" and loads of information will show up eg http://magazines.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/sex/health/spc/0,,284395_654616,00.html

sammyboyfor
20-01-2005, 08:32 AM

BBC News Online: Health

Wednesday, 4 July, 2001, 23:01 GMT 00:01 UK

Oral sex HIV warning

The risk of contracting HIV from oral sex may be greater than previously thought.

It has long been known that the virus can be transmitted through oral sex - but the risk was thought to be minimal.

However, research in the UK and US among gay men now suggests that oral sex may be responsible for up to 8% of HIV infections.

Instead of a handful of cases a year in the UK of HIV being transmitted through oral sex, we are seeing 30 to 50
Dr Barry Evans

Other sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis and gonorrhoea are also spread from person to person by oral sex.

Public health experts fear that the public is unaware of the dangers associated with the practice because it remains largely a taboo subject.

In addition, anecdotal evidence from other countries like the US suggests that people tend to reject messages advising them always to use condoms for oral sex.

In fact, such messages can, in theory at least, put people off condom use altogether.

Greater awareness

A report by the Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) report concludes it is important for people to be more aware of the dangers and decide for themselves the level of risk they consider acceptable.

Dr Barry Evans, an PHLS expert on sexual diseases, said: "The picture that is emerging is that the risk is greater than previously thought.

"Instead of a handful of cases a year in the UK of HIV being transmitted through oral sex, we are seeing 30 to 50."

Dr Evans stressed that HIV is mostly spread through anal and vaginal sex.

Recent studies confirm that unprotected anal sex is clearly the highest risk activity, accounting for over 90% of transmission in gay men in the UK.

sammyboyfor
20-01-2005, 08:34 AM

Oral sex and STDs: The low down on going down

While the risks involved with sexual intercourse are well documented, oral sex can be just as dangerous without proper protection

Sarah Barry

Cavalier Daily Staff Writer

It's Sunday morning and all along the streets of Charlottesville, from Rugby Road to 14th Street to McCormick, college students are slowly making their way home on the long walk of shame (otherwise known as the "stride of pride").

A girl in a wrinkled black shirt tries to remember the name of the fraternity brother she hooked up with last night. A boy, whose collar has ceased to stand straight up and now hangs limply around his neck, wonders if he can still make brunch at O-Hill or Newcomb.

Neither of these students realize that even though they may not have had sex last night, they both may have contracted any number of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

The University is a school steeped in tradition -- dressy clothes, legacy students, the Good Ole Song --and it is very proud of these traditions. But slowly, over time, a new ritual may have taken root in connection to the party scene on and off Grounds.

This is one aspect of college parties that nobody likes to talk about or acknowledge: The accepted protocol of students meeting, perhaps exchanging first names and having unprotected oral sex.

But what many students may not realize is that these random hookups can be dangerous even if actual intercourse is not involved.

Most young adults are not aware of just how dangerous oral sex can be, and they don't realize that protection is available and imperative for not just intercourse but for oral sex as well.

Of a sample survey of 24 Lambeth residents, 10 had engaged in oral sex with someone they were not in a monogamous relationship with and of those 10, only two had used a condom.

College students can't really be blamed for not knowing the dangers of oral sex. The University, for example, offers multiple informational resources that encourage and instruct students to use condoms, and to use them correctly, during sex. But what information is distributed about oral sex?

Alison Beaver, assistant director of health promotions for Student Health, pointed to the Peer Health Educators, who are 45 U.Va. students trained to speak to their fellow students about sex and answer any questions their peers might have in a non-judgmental way.

According to Beaver, The Peer Health Educators also put on "30 'Sex Fest' presentations each semester at residence halls, sororities and fraternities." The Peer Health Educators talk about STDs, condoms and safer sex in general.

There is also the opportunity to schedule a Patient Education Session, which Beaver said allows "any student to ask any question one-on-one with a Peer Health Educator."

These efforts are laudable, but the problem is that many students don't know enough to even ask the right questions.

When the 24 students surveyed were given a list of five STDs and asked which of them could be transmitted through oral sex, only half of them correctly circled all of them.

When a person is receiving oral sex, he or she has the potential for contracting herpes. If the person giving oral sex has cold sores in or around the mouth, he or she can transmit it to the person receiving oral sex.

There is also a chance for contracting syphilis and hepatitis B from receiving oral sex, though the risks are much smaller. If a person is giving oral sex, he or she can contract any number of STDs including HIV, gonorrhea, herpes, hepatitis B and clamydia.

"At least most STDs can be transmitted by oral sex," said Christine Peterson, director of gynecology at the Student Health Center.

Peterson said she frequently sees cases of female students who have contracted genital herpes from someone with oral herpes.

Peterson added that 20 percent of sexually active college women will contract Human Papillomavirus -- which can result in genital warts and contribute to cervical cancer -- within a year of first having sex in college.

What can be more troubling is the fact that, according to Peterson, most people who have STDs are not aware that they are infected.

However, protection is available. For fellatio, one can just use a regular latex (scented or unscented) condom. For cunnilingus, one can use either pre-made dental dams (which are difficult to find and usually cost more than regular condoms) or make one by cutting the tip off a condom and cutting along the side to make a square.

With proper education about the dangers of oral sex, students can make sure their only regret from Saturday night is realizing, on Monday, that the other person sits next to them in Spanish.

rafa_benitez
20-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the strong and convincing advice, Bro Sammy.

I agree with you fully.

I have converted to BJ (with cap) as well. IMHO, the added peace of mind is certainly worth it!

flcult
30-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the strong and convincing advice, Bro Sammy.

I agree with you fully.

I have converted to BJ (with cap) as well. IMHO, the added peace of mind is certainly worth it!

whilst i agree that bbbj is risky, am i rite to say that bj with cap carries with itself certain health risks? can anyone enlighten us on this? i have personally never dared to venture forth with anything unprotected but i suppose there is no such thing as 100% protection?

Magpies
02-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Reah tis guys..i also abit scared liaoz...haiz..
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/85/98740.htm

BloodlusT
10-05-2005, 05:45 PM
gd info :cool:

NokiaUser82
21-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Agree with bro BloodlusT...and i'm really glad i joined this forums...Cheers to SB forever!!! :D