PDA

View Full Version : interested in learning thai language but where?

justaman
16-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Im interested in learning the thai language but no idea where I can find one. Anyone currently studying thai in SG now? Can share the place and cost and time? Preferly in the east side, if there's one.

Bonker911
16-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Im interested in learning the thai language but no idea where I can find one. Can share the place and cost and time? Preferly in the east side, if there's one.
There is a thread in SB on learning Thai.

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=21748

A simpler way is thru' listening and reading Thai songs (with translation).

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=14333&page=1&pp=15

As for learning Thai in S'pore, try the Community Clubs. Remember a friend of mine said that he attended his weekly lessons at Marine Parade CC. Hope this helps.

Luna
16-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Im interested in learning the thai language but no idea where I can find one. Anyone currently studying thai in SG now? Can share the place and cost and time? Preferly in the east side, if there's one.

Just flip the classified section of Straits Times, there are a few language schools at Cityhall area.

justaman
16-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Ok thks for the prompt reply, guess I ask around the nearest CC.

tirak69
18-01-2005, 12:07 AM
CCs are the best value option. try to look for the thai language course conducted by a thai lady. her teaching is concise and easy to understand. you can find out from the PA website who the teacher is.

Peter_North
18-01-2005, 12:57 AM
CCs are the best value option. try to look for the thai language course conducted by a thai lady. her teaching is concise and easy to understand. you can find out from the PA website who the teacher is.

The teacher is Tata Young.

guru888
18-01-2005, 01:32 AM
The teacher is Tata Young.

Nothing contructive to offer, just keep quiet, Don't post for the sake of posting.

dargonfly75
18-01-2005, 01:46 AM

You may want to try Tele Lingua. A bit ex 12 lesson at abt 300+ can't remember exactly cost > 1 year liao. Its located in town.. the location fails my memory now. Will update if I can remember or if any other brothers know, can update pls?

The teacher is Thai, so you'll get a native Thai teacher.

ps. You can also pay $40 for a 25 min lesson with extras throw in :p

Peter_North
18-01-2005, 03:23 AM
You may want to try Tele Lingua. A bit ex 12 lesson at abt 300+ can't remember exactly cost > 1 year liao. Its located in town.. the location fails my memory now. Will update if I can remember or if any other brothers know, can update pls?

The teacher is Thai, so you'll get a native Thai teacher.

ps. You can also pay $40 for a 25 min lesson with extras throw in :p

confirmed lah. she is tata young. telelingua now at Orchard Parade Hotel. for extra lessons, you need to pay for the hotel room lor.

dargonfly75
18-01-2005, 12:47 PM
confirmed lah. she is tata young. telelingua now at Orchard Parade Hotel. for extra lessons, you need to pay for the hotel room lor.

Orchard Parade Hotel more ex. la..

The $40 is with room throw in one..

tirak69
20-01-2005, 01:02 AM
the thai teacher that taught at buona vista CC is mdm SA-ARD THIPTHIANGTHAE. i find her lessons easy to understand and she is helpful... have not heard of any tata young leh... :confused:

Vincent
25-01-2005, 10:24 PM

Yeah, i second that. I had a session with Tata during the MTV presentation in Sgp. :p She had her breast enlarged recently, saw her on a thai magazine few days back.

Any bros here can recommend any good school to learn write and read thai. Heard that the Thai embassy recognises accreditated language schools...are there any in Sgp? Heard that u need to reach Por 3 level to get thai papers.

Vincent
29-01-2005, 09:52 AM
the thai teacher that taught at buona vista CC is mdm SA-ARD THIPTHIANGTHAE. i find her lessons easy to understand and she is helpful... have not heard of any tata young leh... :confused:

Bro,
Previously I have completed the beginner and intermediate thai class with another samster. but as the class get smaller, the advanced class was scrapped. Feel that my level of pasar thai and kum-sup (vocab) hits a plateau. Lazy to learn by myself.

U or anyone heard of the advanced class, please inform me. Appreciate.