PDA

View Full Version : Entire family contracts STD from a Shanghai high class hotel

lls8
06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
OMG......

A friend of mine who is a doctor in China, just told me last week that in Changsha City (Human Province) alone there are 250,000 peoples who was diagnosed with sexually transmitted diseases this year.
Now I read this sickening news, very scary....:eek:

----------------------------------

Entire family contracts STD from a Shanghai hotel
Staff Reporter 2012-07-04 12:13 (GMT+8)

Who knows what you could contract from these nice-smelling bedsheets? (File photo/CFP)

A Chinese family's trip to Shanghai turned sour after they discovered they had all become infected with a sexually transmitted disease at a high-end hotel.

A man surnamed Li, his wife, three-year-old son, sister and parents went to Shanghai for a family trip in early June. To ensure a pleasant stay, Li booked a luxury suite at an expensive hotel in the city. "The bathtub was white and clean and the bedsheets also smelt nice," he said. All adults and the child enjoyed their baths, according to Fjsen, a Chinese-language news website based in Fujian province.

Three weeks passed by when Li's son starting to complain about pain in his penis and his father saw it was covered in small warts. Li and the rest of the family later also developed similar symptoms in the genital area and went to hospital for treatment, Fjsen's report continued.

Their doctor said they had contracted HPV or genital warts, a sexually transmitted infection that spreads by skin contact with an infected person. The virus can take three weeks to eight months to develop. The family very likely contracted the disease during their stay at the Shanghai hotel, said a director of the dermatologist unit in Zhangzhou, Fujian province.

Luxury suites at high-end hotels are often where illegal sexual services take place, said the director. The bedsheets Li and his family slept upon may have had traces of the bodily fluids of infected persons.

Ref:
1) http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?cid=1103&MainCatID=&id=20120704000065

2) http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news26022.html

lls8
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Hangzhou man and woman caught in 'sex van' :confused:
Staff Reporter 2012-07-01 08:50 (GMT+8)

The van's rear seats had been removed. (File Photo/CFP)

A man and woman in Hangzhou, the provincial capital of Zhejiang in eastern China, were caught having intercourse in a van which had been specially customized as a place for paid sexual transactions to take place without being detected, reports our Chinese-language sister newspaper Want Daily.

Perhaps some work should have been done on the suspension, however, as the attention of the police was drawn by the rocking of the van. Officers found the back seats of the vehicle — which was for engineering and maintenance, according to its papers — had been removed. "We thought they were engaged in some kind of drug trade," said a police officer as he recalled the man and woman's startled faces as they were surprised in the act.

The man said it was the first time for him to buy sex, and the woman said she was reluctant to do so. The police have begun an investigation into other ways people engaging in sex for money may escape their notice.

ref: http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?cid=1303&MainCatID=13&id=20120701000010

jasdude
06-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Entire family contracts STD from a Shanghai hotel
Staff Reporter 2012-07-04 12:13 (GMT+8)

Who knows what you could contract from these nice-smelling bedsheets? (File photo/CFP)

A Chinese family's trip to Shanghai turned sour after they discovered they had all become infected with a sexually transmitted disease at a high-end hotel.

A man surnamed Li, his wife, three-year-old son, sister and parents went to Shanghai for a family trip in early June. To ensure a pleasant stay, Li booked a luxury suite at an expensive hotel in the city. "The bathtub was white and clean and the bedsheets also smelt nice," he said. All adults and the child enjoyed their baths, according to Fjsen, a Chinese-language news website based in Fujian province.

Three weeks passed by when Li's son starting to complain about pain in his penis and his father saw it was covered in small warts. Li and the rest of the family later also developed similar symptoms in the genital area and went to hospital for treatment, Fjsen's report continued.

Their doctor said they had contracted HPV or genital warts, a sexually transmitted infection that spreads by skin contact with an infected person. The virus can take three weeks to eight months to develop. The family very likely contracted the disease during their stay at the Shanghai hotel, said a director of the dermatologist unit in Zhangzhou, Fujian province.

Luxury suites at high-end hotels are often where illegal sexual services take place, said the director. The bedsheets Li and his family slept upon may have had traces of the bodily fluids of infected persons.

My friend contracted STD while swimming in their public pool in China. He is a goodie two shoes, someone that will not stray on his wife and I firmly believe that and can vouch for that. He came home and gave it to his wife! A family disaster.

RealEstateGuy
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
My friend contracted STD while swimming in their public pool in China. He is a goodie two shoes, someone that will not stray on his wife and I firmly believe that and can vouch for that. He came home and gave it to his wife! A family disaster.

Braddah, most likely he was fuxing in a public pool. Pool got chlorine Braddah.

lls8
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM

That is why my doctors friend advise not to bath in long bath or use hotel towel and bring own bed-sheet as well. Once come home must soak overnight with hospital grade disinfectant and bleach separately for from other clothes before washing. This is precaution. Sometimes not just cheap hotel, even expensive hotel are frequented for paid sexual activities. Watch out, big money notes are not clean as well. In South East China like Shanghai and Guangdong, just be very careful. In fact the whole of China for a matter of fact.

lls8
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Spanoptic: Dongguan spa shows naked guests in central foyer
Staff Reporter 2012-07-05 13:59 (GMT+8)

Showing greater discretion than Healthy Living Water World, the New Express used a cartoon rather than an actual image to report the story. (Internet photo)

A spa in the Southern Chinese city of Dongguan has been found broadcasting live scenes from the women's changing room to all guests in the center's foyer, according to the Xin Kuai Bao (New Express), a newspaper based in Guangdong province.

A female visitor to Healthy Living Water World surnamed Huang found that the women's changing room is equipped with video surveillance cameras and that live images of customers getting undressed had been transmitted to the foyer, giving every visitor a chance to see female guests in a state of undress.

Huang understandably considered this practice violated her privacy. The person in charge of the spa said there were signs in the changing room to remind customers of the cameras and that transmitting the images to the hall serves as a warning to potential thieves. Huang what would happen if the images were to be seen by male guests in the foyer, or even worse uploaded to the internet.

Most of the female visitors to the spa told the newspaper that they were unaware of the cameras, let alone that the images were being shown in the foyer. Those who did observe the notice chose to get changed in the toilet cubicles instead.

"We broadcast the inside of the women's changing room to scare away the thieves, we have been doing this for two years and the police didn't find anything wrong," said the spa's administrator, surnamed Cheng.

Cheng said they have never had customers complaining about the surveillance before. They will henceforth train counter staff to inform visitors that the cameras are there but they will not withdraw the equipment, she said.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?cid=1103&MainCatID=11&id=20120705000083

sunny302
06-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Really sad to hear such news:eek: Hope they will recover and move on:(

sean69
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM

serious??!! .. can this actually happen? :eek:

matthew44
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Ahyo.. This is bad, hotel also not clean.. Now how? Seem like best is in the car... Not do it standing.... Haha

Pool is good as well.

Bebeque
06-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Pardon me for my ignorance.

Out of curiosity, how did the germs remain alive and infectious on the bedsheets, or whatever items in the room when they are suppose to die when exposed in the air for just a few minutes? How did the doctor make such a conclusion that the infection came from the bedsheets? Isn't the infection supposed to be skin to skin?

If these germs are so infectious, then no one is safe, including anyone sitting anywhere in a China hotel, partaking of food, using the chopsticks, forks and spoons, etc? Any infected waiter/waitress will start a wave of infection.

Any medical expert able to comment on this and most important, how to avoid such infections?

SBY1IsTheDevil
06-07-2012, 02:34 PM
My friend contracted STD while swimming in their
public pool in China. He is a goodie two shoes, someone that will not stray on
his wife and I firmly believe that and can vouch for that. He came home and
gave it to his wife! A family disaster.

Swimming pool? I thought swimming pool all got chlorine one, that one kill 99%
of germs, unless i am mistaken?

newyorker88
06-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Pardon me for my ignorance.

Out of curiosity, how did the germs remain alive and infectious on the bedsheets, or whatever items in the room when they are suppose to die when exposed in the air for just a few minutes? How did the doctor make such a conclusion that the infection came from the bedsheets? Isn't the infection supposed to be skin to skin?

If these germs are so infectious, then no one is safe, including anyone sitting anywhere in a China hotel, partaking of food, using the chopsticks, forks and spoons, etc? Any infected waiter/waitress will start a wave of infection.

Any medical expert able to comment on this and most important, how to avoid such infections?

Unless the bedsheets are not CLEANED AT ALL. Usually, such germs are contacted from skin to skin contact.

Maybe the source of infection could be the bath tub. The bath tub was not cleaned properly. When they soak in the tub, they kena.

Chances of such are low, the family could be very unlucky indeed.

2centsworth
06-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't think it's the bedsheets. Unlikely the whole family sleeps naked and have bodily contact with the sheets. Adults nude maybe but 3 year old son sleep in the nude too? Bath-tub is not common too. Perhaps it's the towels. A person is naked after a shower and uses a toilet to dry himself. Perhaps it is during this time a unclean and re-used towel stained with semen touches the genital areas of others. It's totally imaginable for the PRC to just refold a dirty towel.

cheenaan
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
What about hotel81? Isn't it the most at risk?

snooker
06-07-2012, 04:02 PM
not likely from the hotel in Shanghai as the incubation period is between 2-4 months n some even years (most probably from some cheap hotel elsewhere) :p

Read from an article about genital warts..

"Genital warts transmission usually works via skin to skin contact. For instance, if you have had vaginal intercourse with someone who is infected you have been exposed to the disease. Transmission can occur through anal, oral, and vaginal sex. In some cases it has also been shown that people can acquire the disease through prolonged contact with items such as a towel that has been used by an infected person or even a bathing suit that is shared or something of this nature. This is less common, but genital warts transmission in this way has occurred.

After a person has been in contact with an infected individual they may not experience symptoms for some time. In fact, the typical incubation time for this disease is two to four months, though some people do not develop any symptoms for as long as nine months and in some cases it is years or other people never develop any symptoms. There are many different strains of HPV, the virus that causes genital warts, but only a few of the strains actually cause the warts. Of the people who are infected with the disease, 2/3 of them will become symptomatic.

Genital warts transmission happens very easily and even happens to those that use a condom. While a condom can help protect you from genital warts, it is not a guarantee that you will not get the disease. The reason is that genital warts can occur on surfaces not covered by a condom, which means the only way to avoid getting this disease for sure is to abstain from sex completely. Learning more about genital warts transmission so that you can protect yourself and the people that you are intimate with is important. Remember, even with a condom you may still be vulnerable to this disease."

kuasimi
06-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes, I know many friends who got STD repeatedly from :

MRT seats
Touching people on crowded MRT trains
Having lunch at McDonalds
Using public toilets
Working in office
Taking bus
Taking elevators
Using Gym
Going for massage
Eating at restaurants
Seeing doctor
Seeing dentist

List goes on. STD is worse than SARS......:eek::eek::D:confused:

monknana
07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
wah scary max.
even hotels are not safe

AC_Milan
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM

MRT seats
Using public toilets
Working in office
Taking bus
Taking elevators
Using Gym
Going for massage
Eating at restaurants
Seeing doctor
Seeing dentist

List goes on. STD is worse than SARS......

kuasimi pls don't be a hypocrite, stirring shits again everywhere !!! :mad:

"Cyber Thugs" are prevalent on all local online platforms, you can easily spot them because they always make all sorts of wild accusations and nonsense comments on Singapore govt in every online platform where available (without failed), you name it and there they are making all kinds of nonsense comments in all forums !!!

Their intention is to BRAINWASH younger generation of Singaporeans to vote for the opposition parties by constantly opposing on govt's every single policy, making every minor issue a mountain out from a molehill and constantly criticizing them on issues whether that are related or unrelated to them and hopefully using such a tactic to swing the votes over to their side and destroy the govt PAP !

If those "Cyber Thugs" truly care for Singapore, they should instead propose plans and policies which are good and beneficial to Singapore as a whole instead of constantly making all sorts of wild baseless unsubstantiated accusations against the govt 24/7 !

So now you know the reason why I labelled them as "Cyber Thugs" !

All along things that they've done and comments that they've made are not to the benefits of Singapore as a country !

If you truly love your country, you would do something for the benefits of all Singaporeans and would not make such baseless accusations/comments constantly !
The best news is those 2 rotten forums on local Politics Singaporeans are no longer interested to read anymore, look at the picture carefully, see evidence HERE (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/most-s%E2%80%99poreans-against-internet-censorship--survey.html). !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Bebeque
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM

MRT seats
Using public toilets
Working in office
Taking bus
Taking elevators
Using Gym
Going for massage
Eating at restaurants
Seeing doctor
Seeing dentist

List goes on. STD is worse than SARS......:eek::eek::D:confused:

Strange, if STD worse why no alarm raised? versus a big hoo haa over SARS in 2003? Someone sleeping on the job again??

khaw khaw khaw, what khaw you??? or gan si mi???

2centsworth
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
If my memory don't fail me there is a HPV vaccine ! It is given in three shots over six months.(But just can't rem the name)

Only for girls. Plus... must be virgin. A friend told me she walk in a clinic, nurse asked loudly, you want the vaccination? Are you virgin? If not virgin, cannot. So embarassing when the people waiting to see the doctor are sitting around right?

The other vaccine for STD will be Hep B. Please go for the 3 jabs. Life-long protection. Plus Hep B can be spread by sharing food. Not just transmitted via sex.

scorpionnn
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Swimming pool? I thought swimming pool all got chlorine one, that one kill 99%
of germs, unless i am mistaken?

Bro, nowadays there's lots of pools that are chlorine free. Take those private pools in villas for example... Some hotels are doing chlorine free pools too... Y? I dunno either.

And given China's notority for cost saving/profit making/recycling ways, am not surprised it happened. FYI, I'm not anti-China. In fact, i make a trip to Chang Ping or Chang An at least twice a year :D

owl888
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
And given China's notority for cost saving/profit making/recycling ways, am not surprised it happened. FYI, I'm not anti-China. In fact, i make a trip to Chang Ping or Chang An at least twice a year :D

Most of us sleep naked in CP, then we high risk:eek:

ConsensualLust
07-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Outstation in china before for two years. My EX live in PRC gf refuses to even swim in the condo pool because there were real cases of this happening. Really scary.