PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid cards in Thailand

jasl38
28-12-2004, 11:00 AM
hi all, anyone knows whether there is prepaid cards in thailand?like those in sg where u just buy the sim card and can use immediately?thks in advance. me going to hatyai first time and dont wan to use my singtel line there.

naemlo
28-12-2004, 11:05 AM
hi all, anyone knows whether there is prepaid cards in thailand?like those in sg where u just buy the sim card and can use immediately?thks in advance. me going to hatyai first time and dont wan to use my singtel line there.

Yes there is, I'm using 1-2 call.

jasl38
28-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes there is, I'm using 1-2 call.
1-2 call? where do i buy the sim card and how much?thks for your help :)

naemlo
28-12-2004, 11:39 AM

Almost anyway, u can c or if u r in MBK, I think on the 3rd storey the whole area sell mobile phones, there r a lot prepaid cards. Cost depends on the mobile number. Some comes with a value.

Hasa Sas
28-12-2004, 11:51 AM

Very easy to find shops selling prepaid cards in thailand...Orange,Dtac and AIS etc. Minimum top up from 50baht onwards.

jasl38
28-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Almost anyway, u can c or if u r in MBK, I think on the 3rd storey the whole area sell mobile phones, there r a lot prepaid cards. Cost depends on the mobile number. Some comes with a value.

thks bro naemlo for your help, sorryi got somemore things to ask...
1.the 1-2 sim card is it free incoming calls?because i think starhub offering free IDD calls to thailand http://www.starhub.com/mobile/promotionsandevents/free_idd018.html
so my friends can call me using starhub line.
2.about how much is the card?i no need good numbers.i only need to use 3 days then throw away the card.

Hasa Sas
28-12-2004, 11:53 AM

You can find many shops at the first level and basement of Lee Garden Plaza.
Think should be from 300-500baht for the sim card.

naemlo
28-12-2004, 11:59 AM
1.the 1-2 sim card is it free incoming calls?because i think starhub offering free IDD calls to thailand http://www.starhub.com/mobile/promotionsandevents/free_idd018.html
so my friends can call me using starhub line.
2.about how much is the card?i no need good numbers.i only need to use 3 days then throw away the card.

1. Yes u r right.
2. If I'm not wrong, I bought mine at 300B which included 50B to make call n I got a 300B top up card to top it up.

jasl38
28-12-2004, 11:59 AM
You can find many shops at the first level and basement of Lee Garden Plaza.
Think should be from 300-500baht for the sim card.
thks for your great help. :)

HC Men
28-12-2004, 01:53 PM
hi all, anyone knows whether there is prepaid cards in thailand?like those in sg where u just buy the sim card and can use immediately?thks in advance. me going to hatyai first time and dont wan to use my singtel line there.1 2 call is very comman in bkk you can buy it at any mobile shop in bkk but you must top up i think 500 bath if you want to make international call you can sms also and they will sms you often and tell you that you card valve is low you need to top up but just dont care cos. they bullshit you got one time my card valve still got about 400+ bath they sms me said my card valve is low so i stupid stupid go and top up another 400 bath fucking hell !!!! later they sms me said i got now 700 bath in my sim card that mean b4 i top up the 400 bath i still got 300 bath in my sim card and they got the cheek to sms me and said my card valve is low need to top up asap

vmtech
28-12-2004, 03:22 PM
u can get any prepaid cards in bkk at 7-11 ..

arghhhh
28-12-2004, 08:52 PM
think in thailand they have "one2call" and "orange"
can just buy these sim cards at any mobile shops or any 7-11
think they selling for 199baht with 50baht value.
these cards have free incoming. 3baht/min for outgoing calls

freeonli
28-12-2004, 09:42 PM

if u wan, u can buy it at golden mile in sg. but will be more expensive then in thailand..
btw no need to throw it away...still can use back if u go back in the future... all you need is to top up when u go back....
the prepaid card in thailand do not expire like those use in sg...

free
28-12-2004, 11:04 PM
U can buy a DTAC Starter Kit for 199baht - comes with 50B. Not all 7-11 sell starter kits but all sell topups.

Actually I have a new DTAC Starter Kit (unused) together with a topup of 200baht. Only used it to activate SMS so that the user can starting using SMS immediately. Anyone who is keen, I can pass to you at cost (399 Baht). PM if any bro interested.

Had originally intended to send a hp with the SIM card to my ex-tirak cos she had lost her hp and dun have one for 2+ months liao, but never got around to doing that, for a very good reason.

Sinoview
28-12-2004, 11:51 PM
btw no need to throw it away...still can use back if u go back in the future... all you need is to top up when u go back....
the prepaid card in thailand do not expire like those use in sg...

Are you sure about that ?

The last time i check with the card dealers, i was told the expire date was something like fm 1 to 3 mths. Because of the short expiring dates i didn't buy one. At least the ISP in Sland gave 6 mths validility.

Can someone you or some bro pls confirmed the validility of these pre-paid card ?

free
29-12-2004, 02:53 AM

The last time i check with the card dealers, i was told the expire date was something like fm 1 to 3 mths. Because of the short expiring dates i didn't buy one. At least the ISP in Sland gave 6 mths validility.

Can someone you or some bro pls confirmed the validility of these pre-paid card ?
I think about 3 months is right.

naemlo
29-12-2004, 12:53 PM

Yes it has an expire date, the reason for an expire date is if the sim card is not used for a certain period, the operator will assume the owner is not using it anymore, so that the operator can recycle the particular mobile number. Most of the perpaid card in this world has expiry date.

Cummings
29-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Yes it has an expire date, the reason for an expire date is if the sim card is not used for a certain period, the operator will assume the owner is not using it anymore, so that the operator can recycle the particular mobile number. Most of the perpaid card in this world has expiry date.

For Dtac cards, the more you top up the longer the validity date. MIne was extended til april next year when I topped up 1000bht. It has nothing to do with the usage of the card leh..... :D

naemlo
29-12-2004, 01:13 PM
For Dtac cards, the more you top up the longer the validity date. MIne was extended til april next year when I topped up 1000bht. It has nothing to do with the usage of the card leh..... :D

Bro if u top up the card within the expiry date of cos it will extend. This indirectly telling the operator u r still using it. Y not u try not to top up for 6 mths n c whether it expires, if not then I change to Dtac...

jasl38
29-12-2004, 08:57 PM
thks for all the valuable info that all bros had given. :)

freeonli
29-12-2004, 09:12 PM
if my memory serve me rite,
during my last trip to LOS, i found out that my sim card expiry date with credit is actually shorter compare to a no credit sim card.

if u notice, different value of top up card will have a specfic no of days.
example,
100bht-10 days 1000bht-30days
lets say ur sim card expire on 1-Jan-2004 and u are back in LOS on 1-feb 2004. ur card expire by 30 days. juz buy top up card to "top up" the no of expire days.

Ah_Hia
30-12-2004, 02:50 AM
So far i find Orange is good.
Got one plan only 1 Baht outgoing per min. All sims incoming free.
from dunno what time to what time i forgot.

can check from the website...www.orange.com.th i think...
Paid only 199bt for starter kit.

1 2 call is a Singtel equivalent in LOS according to hp shop.
1 2 call top up and prepaid cards are sold at Golden Mile as well !

chinaboy
30-12-2004, 08:05 AM
So far i find Orange is good.
Got one plan only 1 Baht outgoing per min. All sims incoming free.
from dunno what time to what time i forgot.

can check from the website...www.orange.com.th i think...
Paid only 199bt for starter kit.

1 2 call is a Singtel equivalent in LOS according to hp shop.
1 2 call top up and prepaid cards are sold at Golden Mile as well !

Is handphone price better than in singapore ??

i am thinking of buying one in BKK ...
any advises from bros here ....

tomorrow i'll be in LOS .....

cheers

Ah_Hia
31-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Why do u think all the thai girls prefer to buy SG phones ??
Cheaper mah !

Serious...it;s the same for indo as well.
Cheers !