PDA

View Full Version : PRC abroad, job in China?

Nesta
07-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi bros,

Hoping someone can help me here. I am trying to find a job in the supply chain industry in china due to some circumstances. But it seems very difficult because of pay differences, my current location (here) and likely a few more things I'm unaware of.

Maybe to explain my need to 'relocate'.... my marriage has deteriorated badly in 4 years and lately I found myself fallen in love with a PRC. I know what most will say about moral grounds etc but these I know and don't want to discuss further. This PRC girl is a executive working in china now, not working lady. I did a simple calculation and for survival + complications of separation I will need approx RMB17.5k monthly salary in china. I have tried job sites, casted resumes but no positive replies, it is looking quite bad.

If any bros have any advice to give, or lobang, or any sort, I am all ears. Really want to move on :(

sean69
07-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi bros,

Maybe to explain my need to 'relocate'.... my marriage has deteriorated badly in 4 years and lately I found myself fallen in love with a PRC. I know what most will say about moral grounds etc but these I know and don't want to discuss further. This PRC girl is a executive working in china now, not working lady. I did a simple calculation and for survival + complications of separation I will need approx RMB17.5k monthly salary in china. I have tried job sites, casted resumes but no positive replies, it is looking quite bad.

If any bros have any advice to give, or lobang, or any sort, I am all ears. Really want to move on :(

no worries.. i am in no position to give moral advice.. but did you really think it thru?

. u are in love with her but is she in love with you?
. wat if things dun work out, wat's ur plan?
. if things work out, are you planning to migrate there?
. RMB17.5K is a huge amount.. what makes you stand out as compared to the cheaper labor there ?

and the list goes on but i need to go for a meeting.. back in the afternoon..

datou
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi bros,

Hoping someone can help me here. I am trying to find a job in the supply chain industry in china due to some circumstances. lady. I did a simple calculation and for survival + complications of separation I will need approx RMB17.5k monthly salary in china. I have tried job sites, casted resumes but no positive replies, it is looking quite bad.

17K rmb monthly salary?? That is upper end salary scale. What are your capabilities, qualifications n experiences?
I think your PRC lady friend should be able to tell u what profession gets that kind of pay or her own pay as executive will more or less let u have an idea.
If Got this type of lobang, I'll ownself grab first.

Work in Spore n maybe u can get that type of salary.
Why not ask her to come over if u hv intention for marriage.

sammyboyfor
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Maybe to explain my need to 'relocate'.... my marriage has deteriorated badly in 4 years and lately I found myself fallen in love with a PRC. I know what most will say about moral grounds etc but these I know and don't want to discuss further.

A classic case of "out of the frying pan into the fire". :eek:

If she really is the "executive" you've made her out to be, she'd be the best person available to pave the way for your relocation. Have you asked her for help?

BowBow
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi bros,

Hoping someone can help me here. I am trying to find a job in the supply chain industry in china due to some circumstances. But it seems very difficult because of pay differences, my current location (here) and likely a few more things I'm unaware of.

Hi TS,

RMB 17k in supply chain, maybe you can find a job in SG which can post you in PRC.

My brother's company hired a AGM who had 10 yrs of exp in logistic only paid him RMB15k a month... depend on what position you are looking at...

DO_YOU_BJ
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi bros,

In the 1st place, do you know how many PRCs graduate from the local university every year & is still unemployed?
Are you familiar wif PRC in terms of logistic practices, i.e customs, HS Codes, Permits, DG Regulations etc etc freetrade zones within cities etc etc?
Also, are you earning lesser than that PRC gal?
If so, ya, try looking for a job there but if not, dun u tink it's more logical for her to dump her job there and come here instead?
Doesn't make any logical sense other than you're very obsessed and blinded by this PRC!
But honestly, if i were you, i'd look to salvaging my marriage 1st.
Ain't like buying a car you know.
Not shoik liao or can't make you happy change.
If that's the way you view & handle your life, man, you're so in need of a recalibration.
The way I read from your post, you're priority is not to go to this PRC gal but to run away from here!

Nesta
08-03-2012, 01:18 AM
hey bros, thanks for your replies. I understand that as an outsider it looks insane and illogical, i'm sure it would to me too, if i was not in this situation.

The truth is, most of the questions posted to me in your replies, I have thought of before. In fact I started thinking 6-7 months ago. If I am to say this is still impulsive, it is true to certain extent, if I am to say it is not, it is also true because of what ive been through for almost a year. I have taken a step back to see if it is truly a both-party feeling, if I am being "scammed", if I am very sure of my decision, if this whole mess makes sense at all, and I can say i am not 100% certain of my choice but rather 85%~90%.

To explain further, I know the rough gauge of payscale in china, including the taxes, rental rates, etc. The only good chance is a opportunity with a MNC which requires excellent english speakers/writers with the type of experience they need, plus some biasness, some luck, etc. The pay, experience, job level, location are all issues I am aware of. This is basically a huge gamble.

@DO_YOU_BJ to answer u bro, i wasnt specific enough but i'm referring to inventory mgt/procurement/planning/etc side of SC. as for the girl, i may be obsessed, in need of some recalibration, but not blinded, which is why even having made some kind of decision with myself, i'm still trying hard to figure out the details, what best ways to manage this. I do know also that this is a huge difficult mess :o

This gal is also a uni grad but pay is not good, at least to us working in sg, the payscale difference is undeniable. I did not get to know her through some strange means, but rather through work. Trust is a difficult thing especially with the stigma of PRC these days, the kind of $ we get vs theirs, i have given serious thoughts about the above issues, i am still doing so, but meanwhile my decision is more or less formed.

I do want to start afresh if i can get the chance to, which is why i decided my first option is to look in china. It may look like escaping and stupidity to many people, must be true to some extent for me too, but i understand what i'm aiming for, and i'm planning it as carefully as i can. Running is cowardice, facing these problems head on is another thing.

Which...... brings me back to my original question. I'm hoping I can get some advice which can help me or something i have not thought of. And thank bros here for your time replying my thread, even if it is to "wake" me up, I appreciate it :o

DO_YOU_BJ
08-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Bro nesta, it is very easy to seek solace for the so called PEACE when all seems a big mess.
But trust me, i strongly urge you to complete the cycle of 1 episode before you embark on another in your life.
逃避不去面对现实 is no doubt a very easy solution to many things we go though in life, but the drawback is that it affects our mental moral and sense of responsibility in life and it is also the brickwork and foundation to our decision making process in our long road ahead.
Finish what you have here, you didn't get married for nothing in the 1st place.
Perhaps you should pen down what happened in your marriage and see how the good bros in this forum will advise you.
Hey, if you complete this cycle, you may just learn something priceless in life that can be used in all future episodes.
My suggestion is, start penning down what actually happened and what is the root cause of all these.
Of cos, the choice is yours :D

wally888
08-03-2012, 02:05 AM
In China 异地恋 is very common, e.g. travelling from GZ to BJ could be as good as travelling from Sg to GZ? So what's difference if u have long distance relationship between SG and PRC?

Do u really need to be together to maintain a relationship? Could u wait for a few years before talking of marriage with the PRC since u haven't settled with the divorce here in SG?

see see only
08-03-2012, 08:14 AM
ANother sillyporean who think so highly of themselves ....

Dont get me wrong, me a 100% sillyporean as well. However you started with thinking for yourself and asking rmb 17k .... :confused:

In China, fresh grad with good oversea master degree gets less than rmb 10k ....

You started with throwing problems to your future boss even before you starts work, rather than telling them what kind of qualities you carried that deserve rmb 17k

My advice for you, is think of what kind of qualities you processed and present yourself well if you happen to be granted an interview, money talk later. In China they are extremely results oriented rather than paper chasing ;)

Wish you luck ... life is yours, decide its path wisely

Ichigo_Kurosaki
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
TS, you got to be realistic on job lobang cos just like good meaty job lobangs are only share and distribute among reallife inner circle friends and bros. ;)

IMHO, RM17 is possible but it's always about what a candidate can contribute to the company that matters, I recommanded a good friend to a starting salary SG$4K (plus accomodation and meals package) PRCland job posting last year. It was a MNC not a PRC company. Though he's from an entire different field of work but he is able to bring to the table the necessary skills and resources required for this new job ;)

An employee needs to be fair to the company cos sending a staff for overseas posting is no child's play. The selected candidate have to focus 100% of his attention to the job. You need to keep in check your EMO status of this postings - Seeking an overseas job cos of new found love is most likely doom for the new job cos of misdirected focus. Start with a local job and prove youself worthy of a PRC job postings be BEST! ;)

shctaw
08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
China economy not so robust now. Feel like deflationary depression when I travel there in Dec 2011.

likashing
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
My suggestions:
1. Start a biz in China
2. Get a job in Shanghai - pay of 20K there is common for expats. But then they prefer angmor expats.
3. Live in KL and take AirAsia flights to China whenever u feel horny. :p

SHalone
10-03-2012, 12:00 AM
If any bros have any advice to give, or lobang, or any sort, I am all ears. Really want to move on :([/QUOTE]

Your story sound damn familiar to me. In fact 4 years ago I was in the similar situation. I fell in "love" with this china girl. Wanted so badly to move over to china, my ex company was trying to arrange for a transfer but that might take up to a year. if given a Rmb 10k after tax job at that time I would have grab it. All I wanted was just be with her. Thinking of it, I am actually laughing at myself now. It was so naive of me. I took so many no pay leave to visit her but the more we live together, things arent as rosy as I thought. So we broke off even before I moved to china. However, eventually I move over to china after a year.
Rmb 17k is not much, after tax. And u have to consider housing as well.
Mind if I ask how old are you now?
Have u tried head hunter in china? They are pretty aggressive here.
How many years working experience u have?
Your package should be align with your experience. Don't rush to degrade yourself. Unless u don't believe you are good enough then it's best u don't come.
Just remember u come here to 'shine' so if u are not up to it, u will not be able to survive here. U don't come here just to make a living, there are too many local doing that. There must be a reason why the company pay 5 - 10 times more for u, give u housing allowance, provide return tickets.
China is looking for "expensive" people, they are no short of cheap labour. What you are asking is below average for expat. If u are not even confident to command a good pay, how are u going to convince the employer you are different from the locals.

RealEstateGuy
10-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Braddah love has no borders and has no limits. Braddah if you really love her you would move over there.

SHalone
10-03-2012, 01:36 AM
I am glad there are no high class maids in china....

hamsapkwai
10-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Lots of foreigners come to Singapore to look for better job opportunities and also take advantage of the strong currency here. And you want to go abroad? :confused:

HCKing
10-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Lots of foreigners come to Singapore to look for better job opportunities and also take advantage of the strong currency here. And you want to go abroad? :confused:

maybe TS is not going there for only 1 MM but many many MMs.:p

HCKing
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I am glad there are no high class maids in china....

even if there r that fellow will still remains here since his balls are only big enough for him to spam annoymously in forum.:D

BowBow
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
TS,

If you really wants to have a job in PRC, please look for their job agency. In l2010, i went there for an interview which was arranged by a job agency in PRC. Is a Sweden MNC and the position offered was a project engineer... pay wise I would say is better than their ppl there. But convert back to SG i think par with my current salary... I was like you thinking of working in PRC to spend more time with my gf.

2012, I was offered a engineering post in shen zhen but at the end of the day, i still choose to work in SG. Its a German MNC in Oil and Gas and the pay is :rolleyes:...

After thinking having in depth thinking, I never regret to reject both of the offers... Because the 出发点 to work in PRC is just to spend more time with my gf which i thinks i rather quite ... erm....

Try to find a job agency there, they are very agressive...

SHalone
10-03-2012, 05:57 PM
even if there r that fellow will still remains here since his balls are only big enough for him to spam annoymously in forum.:D

Braddah love has no borders and has no limits. Braddah if he really love high class maids, he would move over here..

RealEstateGuy
11-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Braddah love has no borders and has no limits. Braddah if he really love high class maids, he would move over here..

braddah for some braddahs they are ah being in any society not just SG but also china society and all society. not saying u braddah but for some braddahs the ah beng class standing cannot be shed braddah.

autoroam
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
REG

WHAT RUBBISH YOU POST..... DON"T FUCKING UNDERSTAND :mad:
DON'T POST RUBBISH:mad:

SHalone
11-03-2012, 03:45 PM
braddah for some braddahs they are ah being in any society not just SG but also china society and all society. not saying u braddah but for some braddahs the ah beng class standing cannot be shed braddah.

What a pity.. I would rather you said I am ah beng. I guess I still have some room of improvements to work toward those ah beng who parked their yellow, orange and green Lambo every night at the open car park of "3rd and 5th floor" playground.
I promise I would work harder...

RealEstateGuy
12-03-2012, 12:30 AM
What a pity.. I would rather you said I am ah beng. I guess I still have some room of improvements to work toward those ah beng who parked their yellow, orange and green Lambo every night at the open car park of "3rd and 5th floor" playground.
I promise I would work harder...

Braddah, being Ah Beng has nothing to do with economics or wealth. There are many noveau rich Ah Beng in SG society.

iamclone
12-03-2012, 12:58 AM
lol...REG..you are funny

bret hart
22-04-2012, 02:17 PM
hv always wanted to work overseas since i started work in 2006. To me we only live once, and i think whatever we do in singapore we are brainwashed to do so, u work, u marry, buy a house, a car, hv kids, upgrade due to peer pressure, work to sustain our lifestyle, work for gov...till we die. Its not tat its negative, but i just want to feel wat's in other parts of the world before i meet my own judgements.

Traveling to many countries allow me to see tat there's more in life than what we are pursuing in our country, one major aspect is happiness, which links to money and pressure from all parties in your life - tat's why i still hope to work in a foreign city, drawing a salary able for me to provide sufficiently to my family in singapore. They are happy, and i can be happy - as i m away from all their nonsense of following what others do.

Whatever career decision i made is always to make myself more useful in another country. I hope to be strong enough to apply for a position in a year or 2 for a local firm with businesses in mayb vietnam or china.

As i m in the construction industry, i think i need to have overseas stints so that if singapore construction industry come to a standstill in future, i hv the porfolio of working for overseas projects, which gv me an edge when competing with others.

China is a very attractive place, where there is so much room for expension, the standard of living is lower, plus we speak the same language. so many firms wanted to enter their market, but without sufficient knowledge. The developers in singapore are always looking for people with working experience in China.

Not to talk about the KTV and sauna girls, many china girl are also much easy going and lower in expectation as compare to our local girls, even though we all know the PRCs' dream is to get out of China n become another country's citizen.

I get to know a factory worker working in singapore, from Fujian, who holds a degree. She recently went back to study for exam to apply to become a civil servant in her country. even if she get it, she may not be getting the type of pay she earn here as a factory worker.

When she got to know i maybe in Macau and Zhuhai soon, she's willing to travel over from Fujian to find me even though i tell her i'm only there for awhile. I know she's hoping for a lottery ticket, but to me it's really something that we cannot get in singapore. Here you need plenty of cash and a good car to let a girl take a 2 second look at u.

When i was in CP for relaxation, i get to know a girl whom work as a waitess in a japanese restauant. we kept in touch since and she saved up and apply for visa to come singapore to visit me last year. i also tell her frankly why i go CP every now and then. She is ok, but i also told her its hard between us. Recently, through my bro i asked him to help buy a kg of bak kwa to give to her in CP, she was so happy to receive it. I wonder if giving a kg to the mum of a singapore girl hv the same effect.

i love the treatment they gave me, though i know i can't give them any status, i hope i can live that kinda lifestyle for a few years before i return to our stressful environment here.

dickster_99
22-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Please think carefully before you make the decision to relocate there coz it's not going to be easy. If she really loves you, she will come here for your sake.

Getting a job there is going to be tough, you may not be able to get the amount you wanted. Furthermore, there are many other factors that you have to consider including adapting to the new environment, housing, expenses and more... Is it really worth giving up everything here?

There is more than one path that you can take, do think about it.

prccuntlover
26-04-2012, 05:04 AM
i would move but cannot find relevant job
seemed there are many out there but more on mfg?

IE Sinapore just went wuhan for the 10th time
real envy them... sigh

bros any good website?

postcd
27-04-2012, 09:12 PM
i also want to get a perm job in china
but the $$$$ is not expected as what i want...
i already getting 4k+ SGD a mth which is about more than 20k rmb per mth
which is consider really on the high side in china...

postcd
27-04-2012, 09:13 PM
TS,

If you really wants to have a job in PRC, please look for their job agency. In l2010, i went there for an interview which was arranged by a job agency in PRC. Is a Sweden MNC and the position offered was a project engineer... pay wise I would say is better than their ppl there. But convert back to SG i think par with my current salary... I was like you thinking of working in PRC to spend more time with my gf.

2012, I was offered a engineering post in shen zhen but at the end of the day, i still choose to work in SG. Its a German MNC in Oil and Gas and the pay is :rolleyes:...

After thinking having in depth thinking, I never regret to reject both of the offers... Because the 出发点 to work in PRC is just to spend more time with my gf which i thinks i rather quite ... erm....

Try to find a job agency there, they are very agressive...

which job agency u use?
i use a few but not much results come back...
i am in oil and gas and marine industry too... lol....

BowBow
27-04-2012, 10:10 PM
i also want to get a perm job in china
but the $$$$ is not expected as what i want...
i already getting 4k+ SGD a mth which is about more than 20k rmb per mth
which is consider really on the high side in china...

20K RMB there alot depends on where you are living... If you living in thse major cities, due to inflation, then realize the amount just enough only...

I did flew over to Shen Zhen and Shanghai for the job interviewing. During the time i also try to arrange a few more interviews... My family living in China BTW

postcd
29-04-2012, 02:27 PM
20K RMB there alot depends on where you are living... If you living in thse major cities, due to inflation, then realize the amount just enough only...

I did flew over to Shen Zhen and Shanghai for the job interviewing. During the time i also try to arrange a few more interviews... My family living in China BTW

i know 20k rmb is alot there...
i am aiming shenzhen or guangzhou as near my wife hometown (hunan).
so got a few project to n fro there a few times..
but lookin for perm... as earn SGD but spend RMB is very good there...

BowBow
29-04-2012, 09:25 PM
i know 20k rmb is alot there...
i am aiming shenzhen or guangzhou as near my wife hometown (hunan).
so got a few project to n fro there a few times..
but lookin for perm... as earn SGD but spend RMB is very good there...

I will pass you the agent contact after informing him...

postcd
29-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I will pass you the agent contact after informing him...

thanks...

my part time job can work there too.... lol..

Liquid
31-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Seems like some people would want a move to China, can anyone provide some websites or contacts for good job agencies in China?

postcd
31-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Seems like some people would want a move to China, can anyone provide some websites or contacts for good job agencies in China?

I also wan.. Still lookin for it.. Lol

playboybunny
02-06-2012, 09:27 PM
It's possible for you to find a job there but you'll never command your expected salary. Probably you could state your qualifications and experiences here.

PRCsR4Fucking
04-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Read a post somewhere that almost 2 million graduates a year from their local universities hit the streets looking for jobs. What do you think your chances are? If PRC isn't short of 1 thing, it's intellectuals and human resource

BowBow
04-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Read a post somewhere that almost 2 million graduates a year from their local universities hit the streets looking for jobs. What do you think your chances are? If PRC isn't short of 1 thing, it's intellectuals and human resource

101% agree...
Since last year, so many manufacturing plant in south china wind-up also...

To bros who PM me.. I am still waiting for that head hunter reply... once he reply I will give your his email ... Apologize for the waiting ...

My last interview in Shen Zhen was not thru agent, my gf source for me thru their local web...:)

TheGod
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Hope that someone can post a reliable job agency in china.

I guess alot of bros now are exploring their options too.