PDA

View Full Version : Regular Check

Mr_Cusious
11-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Does any brother got any lobang where to go for regular check-up. Pls quote the price also.

Thanks

longthickrod76
18-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Does any brother got any lobang where to go for regular check-up. Pls quote the price also.

Thanks

You mean STDs and HIV testing? Any GP clinic will do it for you. Should be around $60 - $100 all in, depending on the location and rent of the clinic.

rafa_benitez
21-12-2004, 11:55 AM
You mean STDs and HIV testing? Any GP clinic will do it for you. Should be around $60 - $100 all in, depending on the location and rent of the clinic.

To protect your own privacy and in case you want to buy medical insurance in the future (since they will not insure you for existing illnesses), you may not want to see a local doctor and put everything down on record.. which means you can consider visiting a reliable doc in J.B. as an alternative.

Not sure if this makes sense, just my two cents' worth :rolleyes:

longthickrod76
21-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Yup... but then, medical insurance don't cover STDs or HIV anyway...

rafa_benitez
21-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Yup... but then, medical insurance don't cover STDs or HIV anyway...

Hmm... that's true.. i thinking more along the lines of hospital insurance.. which I think doesn't really matter what you're in hospital for.. so long as you are hospitalised (touch wood though!). as they say, in sillypore, u can afford to die but you can't afford to fall sick :D

longthickrod76
22-12-2004, 09:59 AM
You are right about the falling sick part. But is hospitalisation insurance a good deal?

rafa_benitez
22-12-2004, 03:20 PM
You are right about the falling sick part. But is hospitalisation insurance a good deal?

Well, i guess it really depends on who's buying what exactly.. haha, sorry if this is beginning to sound like some sales pitch to the Bros.. just tt it is a practical consideration if you were ever thinking of buying such insurance anyway (and cheong with some piece of mind, wht the hell..? haha)

Similarly, some ppl also say that we should avoid all health checkups during the probation period (ranging from 3 mths to 1yr) just after we hv bought the insurance (since any illnesses - touchwood - discovered during this period may be excluded).

Btw, i'm not selling insurance or anything remotely close to it.. just wanted to sound off my own perspectives lah

Though i suppose at the end of the day, most of us wouldn't want to find out the hard way if was a good deal after all, don't ya think, hehe ;)

Cheers

Andersontky
29-12-2004, 01:57 PM
brother can let me know the address? the cheapest one of coz

David69
30-12-2004, 10:57 AM
ya it's true because they need to process the paperwork, but nowadays a lot of insurance need not need to go for checkup compulsory liao... i think except life policy.

Similarly, some ppl also say that we should avoid all health checkups during the probation period (ranging from 3 mths to 1yr) just after we hv bought the insurance (since any illnesses - touchwood - discovered during this period may be excluded).
Cheers

rafa_benitez
07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Hmm... that's true.. i thinking more along the lines of hospital insurance.. which I think doesn't really matter what you're in hospital for.. so long as you are hospitalised (touch wood though!)...

Sorry guys! I need to qualify myself - Bro LTRod is right - medical insurance (including hospital and surgery insurance) does NOT cover STDs and HIV hospitalisation and treatment :(

Nevertheless, it covers quite many other things and one must think that the insurance company would be more reluctant to do business with a fella who have a STD/HIV infection already than someone who is undiscovered and hence need not declare when buying the policy :rolleyes: