PDA

View Full Version : ~ Never Judge Anyone ~ Can & Do We?

DO_YOU_BJ
31-01-2012, 02:50 AM
A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery.
He answered the call ASAP, changed his clothes and went directly to the surgery block.
He found the boy’s father going and coming in the hall waiting for the doctor. Once seeing him, the dad yelled:
“Why did you take all this time to come?
Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger?
Don’t you have the sense of responsibility?”

The doctor smiled and said:
“I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital and I came the fastest I could after receiving the call……
And now, I wish you’d calm down so that I can do my work”

“Calm down?!
What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down?
If your own son dies now what will you do??” said the father angrily

The doctor smiled again and replied:
“I will say what Job said in the Holy Bible “From dust we came and to dust we return, blessed be the name of God”.
Doctors cannot prolong lives.
Go and intercede for your son, we will do our best by God’s grace”

“Giving advice when we’re not concerned is so easy” Murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy,
“Thank God! Your son is saved!”

And without waiting for the father’s reply he carried on his way running.
“If you have any question, ask the nurse!!”

“Why is he so arrogant?
He couldn’t wait some minutes so that I ask about my son’s state” Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face:
“His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was in the burial when we called him for your son’s surgery.
And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to finish his son’s burial.”

NEVER JUDGE ANYONE because you never know how their life is and as to what is happening or what they’re going through.

joew2005
31-01-2012, 03:03 AM
true enough on the "nvr judge any1 becos u nvr knw hw their life & as 2 wat is happening or wat they’re going thru".

Gaofar
31-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Wah.. All these 夜猫子 can actually type out this thing so late in the night har.. Suddenly had a writer's spark that felt like needed to pen it down to ease your urge, or did you encounter something that you came across that makes you reflect spiritually?

Either way, it's a nice and touching story, speaking on human 1st and foremost worst behaviour: rashfulness, followed by a close second in a bad combination: assumption, thus giving rise to rashful assumption...

The take here is that whatever things happened to you, do not rashfully assumes anything as that will clouds you from true judgement. You could hurt somebody really bad with all that rashful actions of yours..

Uppz for this thread! Cheers and regards.

see see only
31-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Coincidence on top of coincidence

However lets twist the same story a bit hor ..... ;)

Let say the boy did not make it .... and the dad after hearing such arrogant reply from the doctor .... decided to stab the doctor to death out of anger immediately after the surgery ..... :eek: ---- the doctor will not have the chance to finish his son’s burial and the dad ended jailed or .....

Who shall we blame now .... the dad, the doctor, the nurse or GOD??? :rolleyes:

Sincerely in my opinion ......... bring out your problem in the first place regardless the situation, there's no need to be arrogant or sad or been emotion in any cases .... especially when you have a job to perform ... regardless your profession :)

justl00king
31-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice story though tragic...:(

Always be humble and spare a thought for others.

Most importantly,be contented with what you have and always be thankful. :cool:

MonteCristo
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Being non-judgmental is a highly regarded quality. But it happens to even the best of us - we judge. After all, we are programmed to make judgement calls every single day, in a short time frame.

Still, it is a worthwhile goal to strive for - a non-judgmental life in a judgmental world.

tinycork
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes, always don't assume you know why people behave in certain way, coz you are not that person.

TwinLighter
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes we all know about this moral not to judge ppl by the surface, but just how many of us truly understand it.

Knowing and understanding just aren't the same.

Anyway whatever agreement on this moral made here will stay here. Once you leave this page you will be back out in the real world and continue making judgements :). At least that would be the case for most mortals.

Lovestoned
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
thank you for the story. really touching.

songest
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself...
because u do not know what leads to that behavior of the person that u are judging, and that the judgement that u formed is shaped by your own behaviours in your past.

Greatking
06-02-2012, 01:21 PM
This story works on the principle of soul reflecting. Thanks work!

PoloRalph
06-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for sharing. I want to say I have been reading SB Forum these while.
From time to time, there are moral educating stories that we become wiser in mind too

Kigo San
06-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Nice story though tragic...:(

Always be humble and spare a thought for others.

Most importantly,be contented with what you have and always be thankful. :cool:

It's a heart for heart thingy.
I quote : Do what u want other's to do unto you.
there is a chinese saying goes like this : 己所不予,勿施于人.

Saying it and knowing is totally dif from practise it and walk on it. ;)

owl888
06-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Do not come to conclusion too early, be subjective.... i presume that's what the story gonna to say?

DO_YOU_BJ
06-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I believe everyone who reads this story will have their own conclusion.
But for me, I feel it's trying to tell us that how we feel may not always be the truth!
But we choose it as the most convenient way to get self closure.

hamsapkwai
06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
agree with the morale of the story brother

but if hospital got only one doctor can do the surgery then die already lor

and if hospital allow him to perform surgery in that grieving state then double die already lor :p

hows that for exercising my non judgemental and analytical ability :P

cablesnwires
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM

and if hospital allow him to perform surgery in that grieving state then double die already lor :p

I guess you missed the point. Quite often, we try to rationalize in our own way, events that had happened. And by rationalizing them, you introduce a sense of bias-ness in your reasoning.

Bro DYBJ, how are you? Been a long time. Guess it's my fault. :D Nice analogy. Thumbs up!!

pricky77
08-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Si beh cheem

DO_YOU_BJ
10-02-2012, 02:53 PM

Good one bro hehehe
Remember, there will always be a IF it was, IF that was, IF he was to everything.
So if we apply this IF to everything, then siao liao lor hur hur:D

DO_YOU_BJ
10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Bro DYBJ, how are you? Been a long time. Guess it's my fault. :D Nice analogy. Thumbs up!!

Bro, yes, been a while.
Belated Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family.
Apologies for the delayed reply, just back from a golf trip with friends and families from Bintan yesterday evening.

machoman
12-02-2012, 04:31 PM
good one bro hehehe
remember, there will always be a if it was, if that was, if he was to everything.
So if we apply this if to everything, then siao liao lor hur hur:d

我只要份额这句话我在电视节目听过的:世界上没有如果,只有后果。 :)

colins
15-02-2012, 04:30 PM

NEVER JUDGE ANYONE because you never know how their life is and as to what is happening or what they’re going through.

Hello man, long time no see. Thanks for indirectly getting me back on the forum.

I immediately saw your post and its rare to see you start a thread. But hey, here's my input.

I think it is important to judge, probably even essential to judge. It helps with decision making and action, then results. Meaning no judgement = no result.

However, its the degree of prejudice in our judgement that makes the whole process very counter-productive. Prejudice exist becos we apply emotions to judgements, in most times, to make us feel better. In this case, the father is probably trying make himself feel less remorseful, whether or not it is his fault is less important as long as he perceived his son's state to be his own failure.

Rather than to avoid judgement, which will lead to other bigger problems like escapism or inertial, we should learn how to judge fairly on facts and emphatically on emotions. ;)

Big Sexy
15-02-2012, 04:38 PM
looks like some text taken straight from the chicken soup series..
and it probably is...:)

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery.

DO_YOU_BJ
16-02-2012, 03:30 AM
looks like some text taken straight from the chicken soup series..
and it probably is...:)

I'm not sure what chicken or kambing soup it came from, i read it somewhere, can't remember exactly now but it was very meaningful, so I decided to share it.

Big Sexy
16-02-2012, 07:23 AM
if u like such stories..
go get a copy of the book...
there are tons of such stories in it..;)

I'm not sure what chicken or kambing soup it came from, i read it somewhere, can't remember exactly now but it was very meaningful, so I decided to share it.

froggiestyle34
16-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Tupac dont lie

Only God can judge me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0FrPJqXfns