PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations for FRs

nasilemak2
21-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Brothers, I have seldom post but have been a passive reader of this forum already. It is sad to see so many playgrounds closed the last 6 months. It is nice to exchange info, and reading some of the FRs from other brothers as
all of us like to fantasize even though we may not end up visiting all the places (don't have so much $$$ lah).

So I hope the FRs will continue to flow in but we need to exercise some discretion.

I hope to make the following Recommendations for all of us to follow:

1) Do not put the spa name and the masseur name in the FR. Use Numbers for references (eg. Spa 01, Therapist 02 etc) so that when brothers PM you, you know who they are refering to.

2) Do not even put part of a name eg. *a** for Jane for *o***** *i****e
for Holland Village. Please bear in mind that AV has a database of all the registered spas and therapists and they can guess it faster than the most
experience brother here.

3) Use only General Locations eg. West, Toa Payoh, AMK etc. Do not say something like "opposite a famous porridge stall in China Town" which is
too obvious.

4) Do not PM to everyone as AV can PM you too. Make your criteria more stringent eg. Brothers with 30pts or exchange info as it is not possible for
AVs to visit a place and make recommendations :-)

*I know the above is not fool proof but it will make it a lot more difficult for AV to fish out info from this forum, and our playgrounds can survive much longer.

** I admit I did commit some of the mistakes above and grateful for brothers who corrected me using PMs, so please do not flame me if you spot my
past mistakes :-)

summybuy
21-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Going by your recommendations, new bros will never be able to get any contacts because of lack of points?

Dun flame me too...not trying to stir trouble but just voicing an opinion.

alvi23
21-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Going by your recommendations, new bros will never be able to get any contacts because of lack of points?

Dun flame me too...not trying to stir trouble but just voicing an opinion.

Not True.
Newbies can "hunt" for new playground and post FR in a discreet manner, there r still many playground nt mention in SBF. When u put in effort to share, u will NOT LACK of points. There r alot of generous bros who r willing to up newbies when significant effort on sharing is shown. Constructive comments and sharing of some self experience will earn rep points as well. I am in contact with several active newbies with more than 300 rep points even they join less than a year. So is that hard to achieve a 30 or 40 points as a minimum requirement?

Do u think it is fair to share with stingy people? Do u like to only give and nt take? There r a lot of "contacts collectors" here, some even to the extent of asking blindly for contact w/o reading thro the thread. Just my 2 cents...

rascalism
22-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Not too long ago i was questioned by many bros and even kanna zapped by 2 idiots when i posted a similar thread to warn everyone here.. hope your message can get across to them better....

coolhikaru
22-10-2011, 05:09 PM
if you can get contacts through this forum, what makes you think the police can't? still so many brothers have naive thinking... there are senior here who may be police also. if they want to catch, they can. enjoy it while it lasts! :D

just my $0.02

nasilemak2
23-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, there is a possibility that the seniors here could be AV but the following would help:

1) It would be difficult for a AV officer to post good FRs if he is not supposed to visit these places as a customer. Cut and Paste FRs are easily spotted by brothers.

2) Having AVs reading the Forum does mean that we should stop sharing, as that will defeat the purpose of a forum. But through careful sharing by using PM only and searching on the Requesting Brother what are the FRs he posted so far could tell a lot of things.

3) Be wary of Brothers who have joined very long, with low points and all their posts are requesting for info.

gottosam
24-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Not True.
Newbies can "hunt" for new playground and post FR in a discreet manner, there r still many playground nt mention in SBF. When u put in effort to share, u will NOT LACK of points. There r alot of generous bros who r willing to up newbies when significant effort on sharing is shown. Constructive comments and sharing of some self experience will earn rep points as well. I am in contact with several active newbies with more than 300 rep points even they join less than a year. So is that hard to achieve a 30 or 40 points as a minimum requirement?

Do u think it is fair to share with stingy people? Do u like to only give and nt take? There r a lot of "contacts collectors" here, some even to the extent of asking blindly for contact w/o reading thro the thread. Just my 2 cents...

Support u bro alvi23 ;)
We all started wif 15 (or 10 long time ago or 20 recently) pts n some worked hard to earn points. At the beginning, like many newbies, I got ignored after sending many requests but tat didn't stop me from trying till a door finally opened. Other bros earned pts by exploring new joints n sometimes, these could result in a new gem discovery or at times a waste of time n $$$. So no pain no gain wat :)
I used to tink like wat bro summybuy tink but tis is not the way the forum works. If u wanna get contacts from others, first start by sharing, not by "spoonfeeding".
Rep pts might not be a fool-proof system to prevent giving contacts to "undesired" parties but tis is so far one of the more effective ways used in conjunction wif screening of recent FRs n using one's judgment via life's experiences. Juz my 2 cts worth too :D

redant
24-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I also TS . :)

owl888
25-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Support u bro alvi23 ;)
We all started wif 15 (or 10 long time ago or 20 recently) pts n some worked hard to earn points. At the beginning, like many newbies, I got ignored after sending many requests but tat didn't stop me from trying till a door finally opened. Other bros earned pts by exploring new joints n sometimes, these could result in a new gem discovery or at times a waste of time n $$$. So no pain no gain wat :)
I used to tink like wat bro summybuy tink but tis is not the way the forum works. If u wanna get contacts from others, first start by sharing, not by "spoonfeeding".
Rep pts might not be a fool-proof system to prevent giving contacts to "undesired" parties but tis is so far one of the more effective ways used in conjunction wif screening of recent FRs n using one's judgment via life's experiences. Juz my 2 cts worth too :D

totally agreed with u bro. Uppz u when i regain power. Cheers!

gottosam
25-10-2011, 06:28 PM
totally agreed with u bro. Uppz u when i regain power. Cheers!

Thankz for your support bro owl888!

dc1891
25-10-2011, 08:25 PM
To all bros here.
I've a suggestion :

FRs to continue as normal but DO NOT mention location except for North, South, East, West or Central.
DO NOT mention the girl name except for first Letter of her name n avoid those ****.
Sharing of location must be via PM only n once given, TS to list the nick of those whom have obtained the location.

The last point above would create visibility of whom have gotten the place n sooner or later commonalities of nick would surface - it will be able to provide us an idea whom is a "contact collector" & whom is a likely "AV".

Just a suggestion only n hope it may help us all secure playgrounds.