PDA

View Full Version : Mi.chi.eru's Guide to Chlamydia (What they don't teach you when you cheong)

mi.chi.eru
12-11-2004, 03:14 AM
For those who are married or have girlfriends. Please Read this! VERY IMPORTANT!

Frankly, I feel that there hasn't been enough contribution to the Sexual Health Issues Section and I believe that there should be more information abt the risks involved when anyone wants to indulge in sex (commercial or not).

This shall be my 5th Contribution to the section. Sam, if you are reading this, if you warrant this to be a sticky, I thank you on behalf of the samsters. If not any samster reading this please post a reply to keep the thread on top. Do not quote the whole post. Thanks.

Apart from giving information. I hope that this thread can help to provide support for our brudders out there who might already have it.

Cheers and till then, Cheong Safely! :D

Chlamydia

What is it and how is it passed on?
Chlamydia is one of the most common bacterial sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and is easily transmitted. It usually infects the genitals of both men and women, but can also infect the throat, rectum and eyes. It's particularly common in young people, but can affect anyone who's sexually active.

Chlamydia is mainly passed from one person to another through sexual activity such as:

vaginal or anal sex with an infected partner
oral sex, although this is less common
sharing sex toys
It can also be passed from a mother to her baby at birth.

You can't catch chlamydia from kissing, hugging, sharing baths, towels, cups, plates or cutlery, or from toilet seats.

Signs and symptoms
More than two-thirds of women and half of men who have chlamydia have no symptoms at all; others have symptoms so mild they aren't noticeable.

Symptoms in women:

an unusual vaginal discharge
pain when passing urine
bleeding between periods
pain during sex or bleeding after sex
low abdominal pain

Symptoms in men:

white/cloudy, watery discharge from the tip of the penis
pain or a burning sensation when passing urine
testicular pain and/or swelling

Testing and treatment
The tests for chlamydia aren't usually painful but they may be uncomfortable. Either a urine test is done or a swab is taken from the urethra (the tube where urine comes out), the cervix (entrance to the womb), rectum, throat or eye.

Cervical smear tests and blood tests don't detect infections such as chlamydia.

Chlamydia is simple to treat with antibiotics, either a single dose or a course lasting up to two weeks. To avoid re-infection, any sexual partners should be treated too. If complications occur, another treatment may be needed.

Once chlamydia has been successfully treated, it won't come back unless a new infection is picked up.

What happens if it isn't treated?
Without treatment, the infection can spread to other parts of the body causing damage and serious long-term health problems.

In women, chlamydia can cause pelvic inflammatory disease. This can lead to:

ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the womb)
blocked fallopian tubes (the tubes which carry the egg from the ovaries to the womb), which can result in reduced fertility or infertility
long-term pelvic pain
early miscarriage or premature birth
Chlamydia can be safely treated during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but if untreated can cause an eye infection or pneumonia in the baby at birth.

In men, chlamydia can lead to:

painful inflammation of the testicles, which may result in reduced fertility or infertility
occasionally, Reiter's syndrome (inflammation of the joints, urethra and eyes)

cuteboy12345208
13-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Tks for the info

qbdp
13-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Bro

Your posts on STDs are commendable. Informations like these are essentials to all cheongsters. Shall up your reputation. :)

Cheers!

mi.chi.eru
15-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Tks for the info

You're welcome. Thanks for helping to keep the thread current.

Bro

Your posts on STDs are commendable. Informations like these are essentials to all cheongsters. Shall up your reputation.

Cheers!

Thanks for helping keep the thread current. I've received ur rep + thanks.

mi.chi.eru
15-11-2004, 08:53 PM
For the person who minus my rep here. If you don't like anything please just tell me. frankly i'm peeved that you didn't even have any comments. not leaving a name is common.

cheers anyway.

hugedick
15-11-2004, 10:28 PM
thks bro.......
very useful info

AXNpacked
16-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Wah Bro, never knew besides TCSS u can contribute also....cheers!

Doing my part in keeping this thread forefront. :cool:

mi.chi.eru
17-11-2004, 01:13 AM
thks bro.......
very useful info

bro,

I try. can i double check with u.. is it better to lump everything under one thread or keep separate for discussion?

Wah Bro, never knew besides TCSS u can contribute also....cheers!

Doing my part in keeping this thread forefront.

i took ur comments in and u can answer me in the other thread. btw thanks for the kind words.

Diametos
17-11-2004, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=mi.chi.eru]For those who are married or have girlfriends. Please Read this! VERY IMPORTANT!

Hey man thks for the well explain info u got here.
"Ops order copied" ;)

mi.chi.eru
17-11-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey man thks for the well explain info u got here.
"Ops order copied" ;)

Glad u enjoyed the post. Cheers and cheong safely.

wtf999
17-11-2004, 02:24 AM
good info... thx and cheers bro...

mi.chi.eru
17-11-2004, 02:28 AM
good info... thx and cheers bro...

thanks for keeping the thread current.

cheers and cheong safely.

iznewport
19-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Bro, will the cloudy urine be constant? cos i have encountered cloudy urine... but only for 2 times.. can u advise? :confused:

For those who are married or have girlfriends. Please Read this! VERY IMPORTANT!

Frankly, I feel that there hasn't been enough contribution to the Sexual Health Issues Section and I believe that there should be more information abt the risks involved when anyone wants to indulge in sex (commercial or not).

This shall be my 5th Contribution to the section. Sam, if you are reading this, if you warrant this to be a sticky, I thank you on behalf of the samsters. If not any samster reading this please post a reply to keep the thread on top. Do not quote the whole post. Thanks.

Apart from giving information. I hope that this thread can help to provide support for our brudders out there who might already have it.

Cheers and till then, Cheong Safely! :D

Chlamydia

What is it and how is it passed on?
Chlamydia is one of the most common bacterial sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and is easily transmitted. It usually infects the genitals of both men and women, but can also infect the throat, rectum and eyes. It's particularly common in young people, but can affect anyone who's sexually active.

Chlamydia is mainly passed from one person to another through sexual activity such as:

vaginal or anal sex with an infected partner
oral sex, although this is less common
sharing sex toys
It can also be passed from a mother to her baby at birth.

You can't catch chlamydia from kissing, hugging, sharing baths, towels, cups, plates or cutlery, or from toilet seats.

Signs and symptoms
More than two-thirds of women and half of men who have chlamydia have no symptoms at all; others have symptoms so mild they aren't noticeable.

Symptoms in women:

an unusual vaginal discharge
pain when passing urine
bleeding between periods
pain during sex or bleeding after sex
low abdominal pain

Symptoms in men:

white/cloudy, watery discharge from the tip of the penis
pain or a burning sensation when passing urine
testicular pain and/or swelling

Testing and treatment
The tests for chlamydia aren't usually painful but they may be uncomfortable. Either a urine test is done or a swab is taken from the urethra (the tube where urine comes out), the cervix (entrance to the womb), rectum, throat or eye.

Cervical smear tests and blood tests don't detect infections such as chlamydia.

Chlamydia is simple to treat with antibiotics, either a single dose or a course lasting up to two weeks. To avoid re-infection, any sexual partners should be treated too. If complications occur, another treatment may be needed.

Once chlamydia has been successfully treated, it won't come back unless a new infection is picked up.

What happens if it isn't treated?
Without treatment, the infection can spread to other parts of the body causing damage and serious long-term health problems.

In women, chlamydia can cause pelvic inflammatory disease. This can lead to:

ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the womb)
blocked fallopian tubes (the tubes which carry the egg from the ovaries to the womb), which can result in reduced fertility or infertility
long-term pelvic pain
early miscarriage or premature birth
Chlamydia can be safely treated during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but if untreated can cause an eye infection or pneumonia in the baby at birth.

In men, chlamydia can lead to:

painful inflammation of the testicles, which may result in reduced fertility or infertility
occasionally, Reiter's syndrome (inflammation of the joints, urethra and eyes)

pinknipples
19-11-2004, 04:10 AM
This thread is indeed considerate of you. Thank you.
BTW, I have voted 1 STD per that thingy.

You can also get everyone to say it together. :p

CHLAMYDIA

CHLA-MYD-I-A

KLE-MIDDEE-E

And the plural of which is CHLAMYDIAS.

mi.chi.eru
20-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Bro, will the cloudy urine be constant? cos i have encountered cloudy urine... but only for 2 times.. can u advise? :confused:

1st advice: don't quote whole post. I already specifically mentioned that.

2nd advice: only cloudy urine could be alot of reasons. If you have more than one symptons I would advice u to go to see a doctor. if only cloudy urine, wait a few days to see if it clears up. Sometimes it might not be anything major.

Anyway I'm not a doctor. Leave the experts to do what they are trained to do. Cheers!

pinknipples
thanks for the support cheers!

stuartcummings
24-11-2004, 03:10 PM
I'll just share my experiences with all of you. I have been diagnosed with Chlamydia last month after 2 years of abstinence. Currently I am already carrying HSV Type I and II.

Chlyamydia came as quite a shock as the last blood test I took 2 years ago came back negative on everything except HSV. That blood test was done 3 months after my last sexual episode. Was later told by people at DSC that blood tests are extremely inaccurate when it comes to Chylamydia or any form of NGU as human body do not produce specific anti-bodies that target bacterium (only viruses are specific). So for 2 years I was virtually symptom free except for the following

1. Once every few months, tip of my cock itches with no apparent wound or open sore. Peeing is NOT painful (although classic symptoms suggests some people does feel this - called dysuria) for me. I thought my underwear was too tight or cleaning was not done properly - allergy to washing powder.

2. Stains on my underwear which I thought were pre-cum when I get too horny thinking about things I could do with the boss' secretary. These could in fact be cock leakage or medically termed "discharge". Clear, sticky and nearly odourless like pre-cum which is something like your cock having a flu.

3. NO OTHER SYMTOMS.

I am going back to check in 3 months time to confirm it has been cleared. For you people who are going down for a checkup @ DSC, you must not urinate for 4 hours prior to the test done in order for the bacterium to be accumulated at the urethra (tip of your cock). Good luck and stay healthy.

FYI, My romp experiences? 100% fj w/cap and about 80% bj w/cap. I can count every bbbj experience I've had with just 1 hand. I have always sucked on every tongue offerred. So yeah, grinding with condom on can give you herpes and bj without caps could give you a myraid of bacteria VERY EASILY.

Lastly, I am also asymptomatic for my HSV except for a few tiny white spots above my lips when I kena stressed by boss. So there, the pretty thang you are banging could be giving you the gift without even knowing it. Think twice. Think THRICE.

- stuart