PDA

View Full Version : The art of picking up (Male Perspective)

machinehead1234
30-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Since there is another thread on specifically picking up guys in clubs, let's talk about the art of picking up for men (to pick up women).

Ladies here, are free to share your perspectives.

To kick things off, there are some things that always work for men, regardless of your age/height/physical appearances:

1. $$$ (Shitloads will always do nicely)
2. Being well-dressed (shirt and pants/jeans are known to be a devastating combination, alongside good shoes and a nice dress watch)
3. Charisma (all inclusive, with confidence etc).

What do our forummers here think?

RealEstateGuy
30-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Brother its quite easy to pick up women especially when there is no competition or little. A lot of the women I have bedded in ONS situations have commented that a lot of other SG males have the charisma of a rock or a kitten. Boring or too shy to be a man ie not making the first move. Brothers should be more alpha, its not all about money. When I was a student and later a young professional had no money I was scoring so its not about money.

shaver
30-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Brother its quite easy to pick up women especially when there is no competition or little. A lot of the women I have bedded in ONS situations have commented that a lot of other SG males have the charisma of a rock or a kitten. Boring or too shy to be a man ie not making the first move. Brothers should be more alpha, its not all about money. When I was a student and later a young professional had no money I was scoring so its not about money.

Yes fully agreed with you too . We should hunt more HIGH CLASS MAIDS to be able to stay in the higher echelon of SG . :D

iluvsyt
30-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I think women alike men, they also got wants and needs.
If u r lucky and just nice that woman is out prepared to be "jio",
Then chances of getting her is higher.
Of cos u also need to be minimumly well presented and dressed.
Guys need to be more darling and initiate the conversation.
That's wat I do normally.
Happy Holiday SBF brothers and sisters.

xoxostrike
30-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I think the following are some good characteristics needed :

1 ) Need to have some money .
2 ) Need to dress properly for the right occassion
3 ) Carry yourself well in front of her
4 ) Be considerate , be caring , and be a gentleman
5 ) Be knowlegable , witty and humourous .
6 ) Do not be proud , do not be overconfident
7 ) Be humble at all times.

Bangster
30-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh my style hor, is that I use Brylcreem for my hair and I've got that Elvis curry pok look.

Then I'll start to croon...."Are you lonesome tonight....." and she would melt and fall into my arms.

PoLarBoI
30-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Do not say "Hi, how are you? Whats your name? What do you do?" in the first 5min of approaching her.

Becoz you will be the number 101 person who jus said that to the babe and she is gonna eliminate you before you even get to line 4.

There's a ton of things to work to for a guy to get into a girl's list.
Here are the top 5 that are core basics.

1. Hygiene - No body odor, Fresh breath, clean hair (public / pubic)
2. Smile - Approachable with no airs / attitude, you're trying to pick up girls, not Arnold in Terminator
3. Dressing - Dress nice, no need to be expensive / excessive, just enough to catch and leave an impression
4. Interesting - Chat with a topic that's gonna leave her thinking after you leave
5. Eye Contact - Look at her eyes and show her your sincerity, melt her ...

Hope thats helpful to our guys here. :)

machinehead1234
31-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Speaking from a wealth of experience, RealEstateGuy.

Share with the bros here your alpha male traits. And what the women you had bedded were attracted to?

Moving along, what do you guys think? Any differences in picking up Asian and/or Caucasian women? Personally, i feel that Japanese/Korean women are some of the hardest (As an asian guy) to bed. The pick up strategies are much tougher in this part of North Asia, as your race works against you (as compared if you are a butt-ugly White brother or a hung Black bro). Not to say impossible, but its a definite disadvantage to start with.

cind11
31-08-2011, 12:49 PM
its all about the first impression.

sure, money and goodlooks are important.
but if you have only one of those, or none, then you gotta be creative.

you dont wanna come off as a sex deprived despo guy, so just casually ask if she wants to have a drink/ dance with you?

and yes, definitely, be witty. girls dont like boring guys. as for pickup lines, if she looks like the type that can take it, go for sexual pick up lines, if she's the type who can take these kind of things, she'll laugh.

we like guys who are confident but are kinda insecure, get what i mean?

i think, before you approach a girl, you gotta analyze her first. like, what do you think she's looking for? a rs/ ons, and what type of girl does she look like?

this is from my point of view.

bastardball
01-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Last time when I was younger, I used to be into all these alpha make thingy...reading up on a lot of those stuff to make myself talk and look better, be more confident etc...

After all these efforts, most paid off...but you have to put in the effort and be patient. Well, after a couple of years, money still talks and gives me instant gratification. I threw away what I learnt and adopted the theory of "what I can't get, I buy"

Think about it, when you want to eat fish, you can do it both ways....go fishing or buy fish from the market. When you fish, need time and effort, may not always be the fish you want. But when you catch something good, you are very happy due to the effort put in. When you go market, you can also choose the fish you want. Although not so fresh, but with money, you can still buy a good fish and eat it and be happy. Fast and simple, just instant cash payment. :)

HCKing
02-09-2011, 12:27 AM
here's my humble list:

1. always good with words (be selective on the right words to use in conversation always, compliment when necessary but not mindless flattery)
2. always appear neat and wellgroomed (messy hairs, smelly BO, obiang dress code, unshaved moustache and beard r definitely out)
3. always be generous (no need to keep showing off credit cards or sports cars and sorts, just be humble but generous when comes to treating them)
4. always show more interest towards her stuffs than urs (refrain frm talking nonstop abt yr life story but learn to ask for hers)

LovePotion
02-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Before picking up girls, i think you need to see whether she is interested in you. By doing so, look at her and smile first. If she smile back then tackle.

I normal pick up by asking them opinion (learn from one of my customers)

Like how is my dressing or is my eye swollen and so on. Once she reply you and start talking. There goes your opportunity.

I have pick up some but mostly are clubbers or boring girls.

Therefore, i am still single. Maybe i am too picky for the right one. I believe in first sigh and feeling

Hecate
02-09-2011, 12:37 AM

1. Hygiene - No body odor, Fresh breath, clean hair (public / pubic)
2. Smile - Approachable with no airs / attitude, you're trying to pick up girls, not Arnold in Terminator
3. Dressing - Dress nice, no need to be expensive / excessive, just enough to catch and leave an impression
4. Interesting - Chat with a topic that's gonna leave her thinking after you leave
5. Eye Contact - Look at her eyes and show her your sincerity, melt her ...

Hope thats helpful to our guys here. :)

here's my humble list:

1. always good with words (be selective on the right words to use in conversation always, compliment when necessary but not mindless flattery)
2. always appear neat and wellgroomed (messy hairs, smelly BO, obiang dress code, unshaved moustache and beard r definitely out)
3. always be generous (no need to keep showing off credit cards or sports cars and sorts, just be humble but generous when comes to treating them)
4. always show more interest towards her stuffs than urs (refrain frm talking nonstop abt yr life story but learn to ask for hers)

Quoted for truth.

From a girl's perspective, I think the above are all important. When I talk to guys, while I know some guys are just in it for the sex, I want to feel that I'm not objectified into just a sex object. I mean, we are humans, we all have feelings - and feeling like the guy is licking his chops and getting ready to devour me..can scare me off some times.

My best analogy is: picking up girls is something like teasing a cat with a bit of string, and pulling it along and along so that the cat tries to follow the string. Of course, we (girls) are not super naive (mostly)..

Some girls seem to want to change things in a guy (usually 'for the better') so if you somehow can appeal to that without coming off as 'too needy' or 'too despo', I think you'll get the girl =P

Gambatte

machinehead1234
03-09-2011, 01:05 PM
How about forummers here sharing experiences with pick ups in different cultures/countries/people of different nationalities? That will give this thread a different spin.

On my end, as mentioned, the pick up scene in Japan is tough. And this is even if you have the pre-requisites for attraction as listed, looks/money/charisma/attitude etc. I have seen guys, and really cool guys who will charm any girl any day anywhere, stumble and falter when it comes to Japanese girls.

Say, imagine a white/black male and an Asian male, all things else status quo (e.g. dress, looks, social-economic status) besides the race, would the ladies here be more inclined towards a foreigner instead of someone of your own race? There is always this element of novelty which had not been discussed or raised previously in replies. OF course, this is not always indicative that if a woman goes for a foreigner, she is a SPG. i think that's a little sweeping.

Share your views. Fire away.