PDA

View Full Version : SG custom petrol check

abc84
21-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey guys, saw a thread on Malaysian Ringgit Updates but dun think there is any thread on this thus decided to start 1.

I have been driving to jb with less than 2/3 petrol (most of the time empty tank) at least once a week since 1 and a half year ago. So far only kena check twice(both last year) and both also so ngam pass 2/3 tank.

So I thought if anyone drive thru custom(doesnt matter whether kena check or not), maybe can help to update this thread to warn others like me who may be driving in around the same time with less than 2/3. Maybe something like 'petrol check around 230pm' will sufficient. If u pass by and no check, it will also help if can update something like 'no check at 230pm' so that others will be alerted n pang sim drive thru.

If this thread has been pushed to the 2nd or 3rd page without any updates(nobody passby, unlikely bah), hopefully someone can help to update by saying something like 'updating' to keep this thread alive.

Think this will be helpful to ppl who drive to jb. Hopefully nobody will be boliao enough to post false info when there is no check. If any senior does think that someone has posted false info, pls help to zip zap(for example: someone said check at 230pm but u passed by around 235pm but no check).

I hope u guys will appreciate this effort. Time will tell, if this thread sinks to the bottom in no time, then just forget bout this initiative and move on lah.

Thank you very much

chowchowkeith
21-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Bro,

which custom?

Tuas or woodlands?

Goatslooter
21-08-2011, 01:21 PM
the info posted might not accurate ? cos when we came back and post the info already too late? no one will be so free to update instantly when u passed thru the custom?

p00t
22-08-2011, 06:08 PM
usually i go between 2 - 5am 'cos no confirm no check, no traffic

marines141
22-08-2011, 06:38 PM
It'll not be easy oz customs just activate anytime. Really Heng sway. I kana before fine 100 on the spot for just half tank No horse run. :mad:

momo66
24-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Last Saturday I drive pass around 10am got checking. For everyone reference. A bit of traffic jam. Lucky I have full tank. Usually I don't care and go at less than half tank. But that day got bad feeling so pump full tank

hsc7736
25-08-2011, 12:33 AM
bro,

not worth it la unless u drive a big car like merc or 3.0 litre car.
then got savings , once kenna fine 100 dollars for half tank.

abc84
25-08-2011, 02:14 AM
Thx for leaving ur comments here.

Someone pm me saying this will only alert the custom to check if they see ppl posting here saying they dont check at a particular time. I understand that can be done but will they really do it just based on what ppl type here? If thats the case, then all fl contacts all die lo cus phone numbers are there. Plus wat if this thread is being updated 10 times per day informing everyone of the nonchecking timing, will they immediately group everyone and check? I doubt so man.

Someone zapped me saying i am requesting alotttttt for ppl to help me. My answer is, this is just giving ppl like me who drive in without 2/3 tank some headups if we happen to drive in around that time too. I repeat, for ppl LIKE me, so if u dun drive, i mean u cant afford to buy a car thus dont drive in and irrelevant to u, then just step aside and start saving money for a car. Nobody ask u to volunteer urself to join in and express ur opinion cus obviously u dun drive, thus u wont understand how this may help us that drive.

To me, this is no different from writing an FR. U write FR to share the experience, to warn others of the bad experience or to recommend some good experience. U also wanna try the girl, so u dont feel it's too much to hope for someone to take time and effort to write fr so that u can read.

Now i started this thread for drivers who share the same thought. So pls move on and skip this thread if u dont belong to the driving group. Like i said in the first post, i hope u guys(ppl who drive in with less than 2/3 tank) will appreciate this effort, but if nobody update and let this thread sink to the bottom, then its fine, everyone moves on......

Sometimes ah i really think that so many of those so called 'seniors' dont deserve to have the authority to zap ppl cus obviouly they zap base on their liking instead of think thru the effort n time.

N yea unless if u pump alot of petrol or u stay near causeway, else may not be worth it to take the risk. Me personally if i empty tank aka drive another 80 to 100km after the low fuel warning lights up, i can get in close to 70 liters of petrol, therefore its worth for me to take the risk

Goatslooter
25-08-2011, 10:48 AM
their spot checkis at random, no fixed timing! slightly more than half tank sh be acceptable ! but not exactly half tank ? i kena a couple of times, they let go....:)