PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to get to CP

Mkampf
17-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Hey y'all, I need some help. Need to find the cheapest way to get from a certain hotel in Kowloon to ChangPing, with a luggage in tow. Appreciate any useful inputs. Kum siah

Kent_do
17-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Hey y'all, I need some help. Need to find the cheapest way to get from a certain hotel in Kowloon to ChangPing, with a luggage in tow. Appreciate any useful inputs. Kum siah

Onli know how to get to CP from HKIA. At HKIA terminal 2, there's a long distance bus that goes to CP, I think its HK$60 or something. It run like every 20mins or so.
Sori I usually take th eprivate limo to CP at HK$200, it is convinient and fast, onli 2hr to get to CP. No need change car at immigration.;)
U know, usually fellow bros can't wait to get to CP to start action...hehehe

Kent_do
17-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Oh ya, bro, don't start a new thread like that. Senior bros may flame U for it. Its not helpful to fellow samsters and should just search thru' the thread on CP. Should be there, somewhere.:cool:

and_alloy
17-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey y'all, I need some help. Need to find the cheapest way to get from a certain hotel in Kowloon to ChangPing, with a luggage in tow. Appreciate any useful inputs. Kum siahThe best way is to go to Hung Hom Train Station and buy a direct train tix to Dongguan Station. Time Table: http://www.tiglion.com/english/travel/china/train.html

OysterLover
17-08-2011, 12:00 PM
or if u want to feel like local, take mtr from kowloon tung to luohu and change to another service of choice to cp

and wah that tiglion site.. didnt know can take direct train to shanghai from hk :eek:

Mekatulia
17-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Because you mentioned "certain hotel in Kowloon", therefore I can only give you "certain location in HKG" and you gotta find out the exact location yourself.

There are a few ways to travel to/fro HKG - CP.

1. By Train
As Kowloon is a rather big area, get to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station if you are along the MTR line, however, you need to walk to East Tsim Sha Tsui station, if you are not directly located near the East TST station. From East TST station, you can then take the East Rail that directly goes to Lowu Station. Depending on where you board the MTR, the fare price varies.
For Hunghom to Lowu - HKD 33.50

1.1 @ Shenzhen border Lowu, take the Guang-Shen line to CP. Should be around RMB 45

1.2 @ CP Train Station, take a whatever you wish to wherever you want. Taxis normally quote RMB 15-20, which is significant increase since the last time I took. Sometimes, I take the tricycle and they want RMB 10, sometimes I was quoted RMB 7.

2. Cross Border Limosine Service by Hua Tong
They have branches near TST and Prince
TST Branch Address:
太子地铁站 D 出口斜对面
Near Prince Edward Station Exit D
Tel: 852 2639 2002

TST Branch Address:
中港城码头二楼入境厅一号铺
Shop 1, 2/F China Ferry Terminal
Tel: 852 2728 8718

Operation hours (For the limo service and not the Branch office opening hours) - 6:40 to 22:20, every 20 to 22 minutes 1 trip. Pick up point probably near their office.

Price range quoted: HKD 50 / 60, not sure because I've got 2 brochures that quoted diff. prices.

They offer pick ups at the few major hotels in CP, but not sure if they offer drop offs at the same few hotels. You may do yourself a great favour to ask them directly with the telephone numbers that I have already provided.

Mkampf
19-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Many thankies to bro Kent_do, and_alloy, OysterLover and Mekatulia for your helpful inputs. I donch usually post and ask such dumb questions but am just slammed with work lately and decided to take the quick but lazy way. My apologies to all. Be well and huat huat, y'all.

Ninja_Assassin
19-08-2011, 06:37 PM
They offer pick ups at the few major hotels in CP, but not sure if they offer drop offs at the same few hotels. You may do yourself a great favour to ask them directly with the telephone numbers that I have already provided.

If you want them to pick you up from your hotel...... call them direct yourself as they charge differently if the hotel calls on your behalf. :D