PDA

View Full Version : Forcing wife to have sex is not rape?

clean&neat
28-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I was looking at the Singapore penal code. Here is what it said about rape.

Rape
375. —(1) Any man who penetrates the vagina of a woman with his penis —
(a) without her consent; or
(b) with or without her consent, when she is under 14 years of age, shall be guilty of an offence.

However it also says in subsection 4 below:

(4) No man shall be guilty of an offence under subsection (1) against his wife, who is not under 13 years of age, except where at the time of the offence —

(a) his wife was living apart from him —
(i) under an interim judgment of divorce not made final or a decree nisi for divorce not made absolute;
(ii) under an interim judgment of nullity not made final or a decree nisi for nullity not made absolute;
(iii) under a judgment or decree of judicial separation; or
(iv) under a written separation agreement;

(b) his wife was living apart from him and proceedings have been commenced for divorce, nullity or judicial separation, and such proceedings have not been terminated or concluded;

(c) there was in force a court injunction to the effect of restraining him from having sexual intercourse with his wife;

(d) there was in force a protection order under section 65 or an expedited order under section 66 of the Women’s Charter (Cap. 353) made against him for the benefit of his wife; or

(e) his wife was living apart from him and proceedings have been commenced for the protection order or expedited order referred to in paragraph (d), and such proceedings have not been terminated or concluded.
[51/2007]

So if you are NOT separated or divorced and if you force yourself on your wife, its not rape. :confused:

BiRd13
28-07-2011, 12:00 PM
If both are married, and girl is above 14yrs old, it's not consider as rape... even if she's unwillingly...

ikapopo
28-07-2011, 01:51 PM
maybe you will meet police if you at USA, and I don't think force wife is good, it will make you like Devil of Rape alike this movie:
http://bon99.com/devil-of-rape-1992/

bonkster
28-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Marital rape is not completely an offence is Singapore because the lawmakers think it's unnecessary given how smart our women r.

They believe that in the event of a marital rape, our women r smart enough to put up a fight, then charge their husbands under:

Voluntarily causing Hurt, S321, Penal Code

Voluntarily causing Grievious Hurt, S322, Penal Code

Wrongful Restraint S241, Penal Code

:p

bonkster
28-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Or perhaps the lawmakers think our men r smart enough to know that S375 doesn't give them immunity...so don't even try :p

nservice
28-07-2011, 09:59 PM
why rape your woman? just tell her, no sex then go GL, then she will rape you :D:D

Kilka
29-07-2011, 12:15 AM
It is still consider rape TS.

In the case of R v R (1991), it explains it all. =]

Criminalz
29-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Seriously, r we all at the stage where we are even considering raping our wive?

Johnston
29-07-2011, 02:01 AM
So if you are NOT separated or divorced and if you force yourself on your wife, its not rape. :confused:

Feminist's say "get married to guy allows him to rape you everyday" :rolleyes: while i dont want to discuss about that viewpoint:

HOLY SHIT FUCK BALLS BATMAN: MARITAL RAPE IS LEGAL IN SINGAPORE!!!!

http://www.notorape.com/faq/

Pay close attention to:

4.If a woman reports her husband today for non-consensual sex, what would the authorities do about it?

The charge may be reduced to “voluntarily causing hurt”, or another less serious crime than Sections 375 (“rape”) and 376A (“sexual penetration”). These lesser charges carry significantly less severe penalties.

Does the immunity cover other forced sexual acts?No.

There’s no marital rape exemption should a husband forcibly penetrate his wife orally or anally.

So... um.... like i always say: while you didnt legally rape the gal, the means by which u obtained sexual gratification are liable to other charges..... :D

kaburnkopy
29-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Seriously if wifey dun wan to have sex with me , I will tell her I'll go outside to try new dish. :D :p

blohsg
29-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Well ... now a days it's about making a precedent ...

I dun think you want to test CJ on the technicalities and what not ... you might be made an example of b4 you know it.

uniqueen
29-07-2011, 06:47 PM
why rape your woman? just tell her, no sex then go GL, then she will rape you :D

Seriously if wifey dun wan to have sex with me , I will tell her I'll go outside to try new dish. :p

That should be the way haha. :D nowadays man really need to know some trick hehe :D

bonkster
29-07-2011, 07:10 PM
why rape your woman? just tell her, no sex then go GL, then she will rape you

Seriously if wifey dun wan to have sex with me , I will tell her I'll go outside to try new dish. :D :p

Erm...that's not the way. Wanna go, better go quietly. Don't be a hero and tell her, thinking u can threaten her.

For all u know, she already has a PI ready to trail u and snap some shots that u will have difficulty explaining in court when she sues u for adultery and claim half your assets plus alimony. :eek: That's called financial rape and there's no law to cover the poor male rape victims :p

clean&neat
29-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I started this thread as I found some of our penal code amusing and a bit archaic, NOT that I am intending to rape my wife (fortunately she is still willing).

Better not threaten wife to go FL, otherwise kena financial rape by her and we die standing.:D

Frankiestine
29-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Feminist's say "get married to guy allows him to rape you everyday" :rolleyes: while i dont want to discuss about that viewpoint:

HOLY SHIT FUCK BALLS BATMAN: MARITAL RAPE IS LEGAL IN SINGAPORE!!!!

http://www.notorape.com/faq/

Pay close attention to:

4.If a woman reports her husband today for non-consensual sex, what would the authorities do about it?

The charge may be reduced to “voluntarily causing hurt”, or another less serious crime than Sections 375 (“rape”) and 376A (“sexual penetration”). These lesser charges carry significantly less severe penalties.

Does the immunity cover other forced sexual acts?No.

There’s no marital rape exemption should a husband forcibly penetrate his wife orally or anally.

So... um.... like i always say: while you didnt legally rape the gal, the means by which u obtained sexual gratification are liable to other charges..... :D
Cos the law recognize the fact that it is a spouse duty to provide sex as and when needed and if a spouse refuses to provide then it is not wrong if force is used, Likewise that is why adultery is not a crime in Singapore simply for the fact that the law knows that a partner must be offered an alternative relieve if the other party refuses to provide.

Why then are there not many such cases, cos we men knows that there is really little or no sexual gratification from sexual relieve obtained from force, that is why till today men like me rather pay and solve the problem elsewhere.

Johnston
29-07-2011, 10:47 PM
if u l0ok up marital rape its aCtUALly A crime in m0st country buT n0T Singap0re Thats why theres that petiti0n ^^