PDA

View Full Version : How Much Is Too Much SEX? - TIME

synkhr0nized
23-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Good morning all,

Came across a TIME article earlier this evening and it looked rather interesting.

A difference between an addict and a recovering addict is that one hides his behavior, while the other can't stop talking about it. Self-revelation is an important part of recovery, but it can lead to awkward moments when you meet a person who identifies as a sex addict.

But when it comes to sex, what could possibly be too much? The proposed definition of hypersexual disorder draws no distinction between masturbation and intercourse. Many studies, however, have shown that regular intercourse with a committed partner (up to once a day) is a sign of a good relationship. So at what point do partners in a healthy relationship become too focused on sex? And what constitutes too little sex?

In a November 2009 Archives of Sexual Behavior paper, Dr. Martin Kafka, a Harvard Medical School professor and a prominent member of the APA work group on sex disorders, defined "hypersexual desire" among men as having seven or more orgasms per week for at least six months after age 15. Never mind that by Kafka's definition, virtually every human male undergoes a period of sex addiction in his life. It's called high school.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2050027,00.html#ixzz1EhzqO8zG

With that definition, I think many of us can be suffering from sex addiction. My goodness, I ought to enroll in one of these programme.

How much are you "getting"?