PDA

View Full Version : 1 stop relaxing spot near Chinatown (clean)

law_g
22-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I was just walking my rounds at Chinatown area, thinking of finding some good and clean massage. Went into a shopping centre called People's Park Complex. (Do not wrongly go to People's Park Centre) As usual, I walked a couple of rounds before deciding to try out this shop at the 2nd floor.

Although I was looking for clean massage, I must say one thing that attracted me into the shop was definitely the lady boss, who has a big rack and a seductive look on her face.

This is actually a saloon that offers the standard haircut and hair wash etc. I was offered the hair wash and I gladly accepted. I would say the feeling reminds me of Vietnam (for those who went to those saloon in Ho Chi Minh before, you know what I mean). Well, the hairwash was quite standard but after shampooing my hair for a while, the head and shoulder massage comes into play. I would say this was a fantastic experience for me as I'm a sucker for good massage. The lady boss says the massage is an added feature in the hairwash package as the hairwash is slightly more expensive. (Well, I personally think the price is reasonable.)

After the hairwash and massage (about half an hr or so), she offered either face massage or facial, I opt for the 2nd option as I haven't had facial for a pretty long time. Well, the price to me is reasonable also. Had the facial for around 45 min to an hr and left the place a happy man.

This seems to be a new concept in that area (haircut, facial, shoulder massage etc) although I suspect some other places might offer additional special services. Other than the seductive lady boss, I recommend this joint mainly because of the quality of the massage and also the prices are reasonable. The attitude is good and they respect our decisions of what services to engage (Not too pushy).

I've been there a few times already for the past few weeks and tried a few of their services. Prices and my ratings as follows:

Hairwash (c/w shoulder massage): 8.5 ($20.00 for around 30 min)
Facial (c/w/ mask): 8 ($28.00 for around 45min to 1hr)
Face massage: 7.5 (I think is $28.00 also)
Ear picking (Wa er duo): 8 ($15.00)
Manicure/Polishing of fingernails: Haven't try
Haircut: Haven't try
Ear Candling: Haven't try

There are 2 ladies in the shop (the lady boss named Yoyo and 1 new girl). I have not been serviced by the other girl before but I think she should be ok. By the way, the name of the shop is also called Yoyo. It is at the 2nd floor (corner). Walk around and you can't miss it. It is very near a sex shop (Well, feel free to go into the sex shop and buy a couple of things, the shop assistant there is quite cute also.. haha).

Personally, I think this is the kind of place we should try to retain. The clean massage yet our eyes are rewarded to some extent by the surrounding (haha). Just want to emphasize I'm not the owner of the place, just wanted to help the lady boss to advertise on the forum as I also feel her services are quite good, thus sharing this with all bros here.

This is just my pont of view. Hope you guys enjoy what I've recommended!

bestbest
22-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Pardon me, is this an old uncle joint?

samsam33
22-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I think I know which one you're talking about. Last time I go there, got HJ++. That whole place is split into a few mini shops

nokia611o
23-01-2011, 12:40 AM
this place is kenna mark.
Many complain by other tenants,
see temasek review forum.

law_g
27-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Bro

I don't think we are referring to the same joint. This is an open concept place. Don't think there's any place for hanky panky. haha... It might be the same location but different boss already (I think)...

Btw, what's this Temasek Review forum thingy? U got the link or something

law_g
27-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Hello bro Bestbest

Must admit there are definitely uncles going there. But there are young pple also.. haha

Cheers

johnn
28-01-2011, 04:10 AM
the new hair salon is too bright,
just go to proper masg shop and have head n shoulder
masg is the same.

jerrytan
28-01-2011, 11:54 AM
this concept is similiar to Mei Taiwan, UB, my stylist. All hair SPA including hair cut, head massage, shoulder massage etc. All these are clean join and for some, their purposes is to date the young hair dresser.
I have yet see a good professional one that is worth visiting regularly. Mostly visit by uncles n hawkers.

law_g
30-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Bros

This joint will be closed down by tomorrow (due to commercial reasons). I guess they will be operating somewhere nearby.

Will keep all posted.

Cheers

samsam33
30-01-2011, 03:46 PM
What? I thought they just have renovation last month only? What happened? They want to shift or because of the dreadful av?

Now, seems like one by one is down. :(. Even FL okts also disappeared now. Have been resting for the past 1 month and thinking of recharging after cny ends in mid feb but now, no more places left

Bros

This joint will be closed down by tomorrow (due to commercial reasons). I guess they will be operating somewhere nearby.

Will keep all posted.

Cheers

Humanity
30-01-2011, 07:44 PM
What a waste! Thought of going there after shopping spree at Chinatown. :(

torrokey
30-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Think this shop is marked by competitors. At Level 2, there is 1 row of massage shops but always this shop and the corner ones hit constantly. I guess, after yy moved, the rival will take over the place, possibly behind the scene by using other ic and once again consolidate the power there

If you observe Level 3, quite a few already changed hands, some closed down (e.g Guan Tian Xia) but ultimately, most of the shops linked back to the same boss (or same group of ppl)

Very smart ppl, kill off the competition, take over to consolidate and rake in $$$

nokia611o
31-01-2011, 04:43 AM
few yrs back was kenna hit already, hope she can find a better place, slowly la.

I remember going to her shop last time, those days pdmm can work masg.

Mankok
01-02-2011, 03:34 AM
this place is kenna mark.
Many complain by other tenants,
see temasek review forum.

Perhaps other tenants are complaining. But these other "tenants" are sucking fuckers as well. Many of them sell cheap bullshit things. There is a uncle who sells hairoil saying that it will lessen your baldness (on your big head!) within a month. I tried it and it doesn't work.