PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting around in Taiwan

ruthless
02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I will be going to Taiwan soon for a business trip so anyone can recommend me where to have some fun? I am thinking of going hot spring during this cold period :D

Also, sidetrack a little, it was supposed to be a training trip but it was more like getting to know some colleagues of my company HQ. So is it good if i bring some stuff from Singapore over? If yes, can recommend what to buy? Thanks!

bringiton
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
I believe you should be at Taipei. Check out Club Lava on wednesday nights, Lin Sen North Road has quite a lot of entertainment. There are a couple of sleazy hair salon joints in Taipei too, At least 3 in the outskirts of XiMenDing

zrekcuf
02-01-2011, 10:06 PM
go LUXY! heheh.. gals there power..
dont forget to check out those magazines at the local convenient stores.. definitely better den S'pore FHM.. heheh

naturegreen
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM
If worse come to worst, no idea where to go, try walking in Xi Men Ding in the middle of the night alone. You will get approached by the OKTs there.

J.Bonk.003
02-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I believe you should be at Taipei. Check out Club Lava on wednesday nights, Lin Sen North Road has quite a lot of entertainment. There are a couple of sleazy hair salon joints in Taipei too, At least 3 in the outskirts of XiMenDing

Sleazy Hair salon have meh? How come i no come across?
Girls there young?
Thanks

ruthless
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
thanks bros for the replies. the last time i went only got chat with those girls selling bubble tea so hope to have some fun this trip. :D

love_mayo
03-01-2011, 04:07 AM
忠孝东路!
i regret not having enough time to play there :(

hipgrinder
03-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Lin Sen North Road (林森北路)is in all major Taiwan cities like Taipei/Taichung.It is their "boys' street" (I quote the local's translation). Special services are usually dressed up as health salon like massage/hairdressing. But you can definitely recognize them. At a sleazy joint, the girls are usually standing near the shop entrance. Both the shops and the ladies can be of very high standards even though more affordable than here. Other shops on the road ranges from roadside foodstalls to mid-range brands.

If you want genuine massage, you should try the massage by blind people, almost everywhere. Cheap and good.

OKT in XMD after mid night are common. They show you photographs of the girls and supposedly, The OKT will bring the gal to your hotel very quickly, and if you see liao don't like, they can also change. I never try such service, as they are most likely illegal, and as a foreigner, its better to be safe.

If you want to shop, its typically at XMD(for youngster) and 101 area (more high end). If not, simply go to any Night Markets - Taiwanese night culture. They are 100 times better and more interesting than our pasar malam. Recommend Shilin and RaoHe for Taipei. And FengJia for Taichung. Open daily from around 4pm to 4am.

As for transport, since its business trip, its better to take a taxi, They are very cheap and readily available everywhere. My taxi fares are usually from are usually in <NT$100-200/trip.
In Taipei, you can also take MRT line to major areas.

As for gifts, Taiwanese really love our Pandan cake, if you want something local. The first time I brought it over (my colleague suggested me)I was a bit apprehensive, as it seems too cheap and plain. But when I gave 2 boxes to them, they were very excited. They call it 绿色蛋糕, and they love the pandan fragrance. Taiwanese are known to be hospitable, so dont worry much about the gift.

flameon
03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Bro ts if u wan short time try out san chong bridge dao kwa house. Somthing like area g
but more sercetive type.
Xi men ting mightnight will have Okt. Hot spring oso have.
Try lava. Room 18 abit simlar to zouk with lots of forwgners. Luxy, passion plush, paso their clubbing 夜店.

bringiton
05-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Sleazy Hair salon have meh? How come i no come across?
Girls there young?
Thanks

There are those salons with tinted glass and with women sitting just outside the salons. Sad to say, I have only seen those who look slightly past 30 working in those salons. Thats why i never patronise.

handpool
05-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Bro prefer u to try Luxy then lava ..