PDA

View Full Version : Will they check?

confusion
21-08-2004, 03:12 AM
will the NS check u for HIV or other sex disease when u enlisted for national service?

Desmond
21-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Bro, the checkup done on ur enlistment will not check for that. However, depending on which units ur in, sometimes u're ask to go for blood donation (even though not compulsory, most of the time, uve to go cos everyone esle is going, and these blood tests will test for STDs, and other drugs). Anyway,if you are afraid of contracting any STDs, its better to check them up at DSC Kelantan Lane. The charges there are quite cheap, cos they are heavily subsidised by the govt.

confusion
22-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Bro, the checkup done on ur enlistment will not check for that. However, depending on which units ur in, sometimes u're ask to go for blood donation (even though not compulsory, most of the time, uve to go cos everyone esle is going, and these blood tests will test for STDs, and other drugs). Anyway,if you are afraid of contracting any STDs, its better to check them up at DSC Kelantan Lane. The charges there are quite cheap, cos they are heavily subsidised by the govt.

erm.. u hav the actual address? or how to reach there?

staff
22-08-2004, 04:15 AM

its near to little india , about 2 - 3 bus stop b4 sim lim tower ,
u can see a market/ hawker center
if not just flap a cab , tell driver kelantan lane , rite to the doorstep
charges for HIV blood test if not wrong is $10

elaw
22-08-2004, 07:29 AM

Maybe u want to read this following post taken from other thread:

09-08-2004, 02:26 PM
simple
Samster (M) Join Date: Jul 2004

Re: DSC anonymous HIV test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys/Gals,

Few bits of extra info that might be useful.

1. Truly anonymous testing twice a week - Wed (6-8pm, I think) and Sat (1-4 pm).

2. DSC located at Ground floor. Large sign - easier to spot than looking for Block 31 (for me anyway).

3. Went at near closing time last Saturday - no queue !

4. Procedures as below

a. Get number (no need IC), fill simple form, pay $20.
b. Interview, given pamphlets - first room.
c. Finger prick test - second room. Few drops of blood on strip test.
d. Results ready 15-20 minutes - given with second interview, same first room.
e. If strip test negative : >99% accurate; if strip test positve : need blood test. (Dont know procedure from this point, as mine was negative)

Overall, very professional.

The ONLY truly anonymous open access HIV testing clinic in Singapore.

:cool:

Quill
29-08-2004, 10:55 AM
I hope universal health precautions are observed at AFA's Anonymous Testing facility, DSC. I've visited the site previously on a Saturday and took the test to check on whether proper procedure was followed. The needles are for single use only but I'm not sure if every volunteer (who is not medically trained) does the same for the examination gloves.

Quill