PDA

View Full Version : Iphone tracking system

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi bro,

Just realised that Iphones are able to track the location of any phone holder locations just by using the phone numbers. SHIT, is there any method of countering this as my GF has a Iphone too. Worry that she may use that to locate me and what if i am chionging?

Any bros that have effective ways of countering, please contribute, tks. :mad::mad::mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracing a Mobile Phone Location
It's possible that you would like to know the physical location of a cell phone. Since mobile phone owners rarely leave home without their handsets, knowing where the cell phone is will usually point you toward the location of its owner. Concerned parents may want to know about the whereabouts of their children on a Saturday night, for example, and business owners may need to know the location of their employees to better facilitate service calls and other operations. Whatever your motivation, knowing how to track a cell phone can be very handy.

From a legal perspective, only the owner of the mobile phone account can ask the cell phone carrier to "ping" a cell phone. This is to determine the location of a phone based on the cell phone towers to which it is connected. You must then get permission from the account holder if you do not own the cell phone account yourself. The exception to this would be law enforcement officers and other emergency personnel. Naturally, you need to know the phone number of the cell phone you'd like to track and knowing other identifying information, like the serial number is useful too.

Another way to trace a mobile phone location is to use GPS. The cell phone has to not only be equipped with this kind of functionality, but it must be actively connected to a service that allows you to trace its location. Certain phones designed for children have this function built into them, so parents can track the phone's location using online software or some other utility.

sidewinder2007
17-10-2010, 10:31 AM
R u sure? dont get fooled by those apps which claims to do so cause it doesnt work and is meant for fooling friends. what u should be worried is that she may be subscribing to MobileMe and have secretly activated it in your phone. check under the "mail, contacts, calendar" in "settings" to see if u have it activated. in her phone she will need to install "Find my iphone" app. hope this helps.

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 10:33 AM
R u sure? dont get fooled by those apps which claims to do so cause it doesnt work and is meant for fooling friends. what u should be worried is that she may be subscribing to MobileMe and have secretly activated it in your phone. check under the "mail, contacts, calendar" in "settings" to see if u have it activated. in her phone she will need to install "Find my iphone" app. hope this helps.

Yes, she showed me yesterday. All she needs to do is ping my mobile and the Iphone will indicate the location, ie... tampines st xx.... dun think she subscribe to mobileme... seems like a normal application in Iphone.

toyotavios
17-10-2010, 11:06 AM
So what we saw on the movie on authority trying to track the kidnapper location by asking the ransom payer to drag the phone call timing in order to know where they r is not true, mean if they know the number then immediately they know right?

In that case, criminal can be trace easily and this world will be peace brother...

Off the phone set will not let u expose where u r already, right?

belvedere
17-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes, she showed me yesterday. All she needs to do is ping my mobile and the Iphone will indicate the location, ie... tampines st xx.... dun think she subscribe to mobileme... seems like a normal application in Iphone.

bro, that application is use to fool your friends. the application finds the location of the iphone set itself. since you are standing right next to the iphone with your handset with you, sure enough the application will show the location of where you are(where the iphone is).

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 11:21 AM
So what we saw on the movie on authority trying to track the kidnapper location by asking the ransom payer to drag the phone call timing in order to know where they r is not true, mean if they know the number then immediately they know right?

In that case, criminal can be trace easily and this world will be peace brother...

Ya, this is exactly what i thought as well. But she prove me wrong by showing me how she did it. That is y i panic now. Even my phone off, still show the location..

I am suspecting that it is showing the location of the last phone call... Need some experts to cfm as this is dangerous to us chiongsters..

ekemono
If you are bent on going cheonging despite the threat, just get another cheap phone with prepaid sim, divert all calls from your current phone to this cheap phone. Maybe just leave the current phone at office/home.

One of the way she could track you is using this:
http://www.buddyway.com

belvedere
you try searching for your friend's number, sure it will still show the current location.

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 11:28 AM
bro, that application is use to fool your friends. the application finds the location of the iphone set itself. since you are standing right next to the iphone with your handset with you, sure enough the application will show the location of where you are(where the iphone is).

Ic, thanks. Relieve now. I dont have a Iphone, will get an opportunity to try another friend number on her phone. Thanks.

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 11:29 AM
If you are bent on going cheonging despite the threat, just get another cheap phone with prepaid sim, divert all calls from your current phone to this cheap phone. Maybe just leave the current phone at office/home.

One of the way she could track you is using this:
http://www.buddyway.com

Thanks bro. This sounds a great idea as well.

Johnston
17-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi bro,

Just realised that Iphones are able to track the location of any phone holder locations just by using the phone numbers. SHIT, is there any method of countering this as my GF has a Iphone too. Worry that she may use that to locate me and what if i am chionging?

This is to determine the location of a phone based on the cell phone towers to which it is connected.

Another way to trace a mobile phone location is to use GPS. .

Ahhaiyo, see lah, Iphone Iphone somemore lah..... Now u worry Your IPhone tio track...

anyway... let me share with u hah... in the States and else where they dont call it HAND phone, they call it CELL phone... now why hah.... this is the offiicial Wiki Explanation of CellPhone mobile phone (also called mobile, cellular phone, cell phone or handphone[1]) is an electronic device used for full duplex two-way radio telecommunications over a cellular network of base stations known as cell sites.

It is the BASE STATION thingy that now concern u.... u see hor, how Cell phone work is that fr examper u go from Yishun to Bishan, ur Cell phone need to use the Bishan Base Station instead of the Yishun Base Station in ordr to make call ah.

examper is what your gf talky about now is probably some App or some shit that track what base station u nearest too. So u dont worry too much, the EXACT location is not really possible unless ........

U GOTS GPS! Wah seh.. .GPS good seh... can play 4Squared.... mark my photo with GPS co-ordinate... help me find my way....

Until.... YOUR GPS ALSO HELP TO FIND YOUR EXACT LOCATION DOWN TO METERS That is whole another thing which i dont know much about...

So listen to Unker Advice : Iphone No Good, Nokia 3210 Very Good.

owl888
17-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Ya, few months ago my fren was drinking kopi at Yishun kopi shop when my fren use this app in his iphone to track my location by keying my mobile no. It shows exactly the location of the kopi shop.

Hopefully, it was not a trick by my frenz. I ask him to try other hp no. he refuse leh.

Johnston
17-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Yesh Welcome To Iphone 4. I hear what ah..... can auto add your location GPS Co-ords to photo u take...?

Wah seh good sia!!!! ;) Vely Goods!!! Until i hear what... is AUTO-Add, u dont turn off, auto there... so u take Hot Snapx your GF can checky up the GPS Co-ords = GL Hotel 81 LOL :p

Anyway like i say.... did your GF show u tat your location is Tampinse St XX not some bunch of latitude and longtitude? if
A) TP ST XX - not so much worry
B) Exact co-ords - u start worry NAO.

Start thinking up clever excyse why u in GL area at 3 am... eat claypots? :D

Johnston
17-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Ya, few months ago my fren was drinking kopi at Yishun kopi shop when my fren use this app in his iphone to track my location by keying my mobile no. It shows exactly the location of the kopi shop.

Hopefully, it was not a trick by my frenz. I ask him to try other hp no. he refuse leh.

Sound funny

Your fren drink kopi at kopi shop....
He use app in his iphone to track your location...
He key your number...
EXACTLY LOCATION?

Where are you at the time...? hopefully not next to him when he show u his App..... :D

Is you IPhone too?

Police Post
17-10-2010, 11:44 AM

I think i need to pack my bag & clear my locker soon.

Johnston
17-10-2010, 12:03 PM
OMGGG

http://www.cracked.com/article_18771_6-new-spy-technologies-you-literally-cant-hide-from.html

OMGGGG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_car_data
Now u cant tell the Polis Officer u going only 35kph

OMFGGGGG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking

HENG
The technology of locating is based on measuring power levels and antenna patterns and uses the concept that a mobile phone always communicates wirelessly with one of the closest base stations, so if you know which base station the phone communicates with, you know that the phone is close to the respective base station.

See lah, who say Teh Internets and Readings is no good for you?

Next time dont call your Handphone Handphone anymore... u call it Cell Phone... u educate the people so that shitty GFs who dont know how their HP works get PWNT by u. But dont tell them their New App actually Bo ENG One... :D:D:D

Devils
17-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Majority of the iPhone App that track ur location are tricks

Why?

Ur friend show u "Ur Location" from his App by keying ur name, HP # & etc...
QS : Where were u when he show it to u?
Ans : He's beside U !!
Logic : The App is in actually working on "his" own iPhone GPS system & track "his" location

Skyboi2004
17-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Bro, there is indeed a phone tracking system for Iphone. You need to download it. Its call FoneHome. It doesnt show where extactly u are. But definately it shows which area u are.

Bros can try this website to try out.

www.myfonehome.com

This application can even activate yr phone to take pictures.

But the main purpose is to actually track down yr phone when u lost it.

Hope this helps :)

Johnston
17-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Majority of the iPhone App that track ur location are tricks

Why?

Ur friend show u "Ur Location" from his App by keying ur name, HP # & etc...

Logic : The App is in actually working on "his" own iPhone GPS system & track "his" location

i also can tell u where u are if u stand next to me. . . I eveo tell u what stone u standing on. . . =p that kind app cheat ppl munny. . . Anzay, i alr put 2 post that xplain how cel ph0ne track work. . . Nuf said. . . Listen to advice and stop use IPHONE nAO. Rite Nao. =)

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Bro, there is indeed a phone tracking system for Iphone. You need to download it. Its call FoneHome. It doesnt show where extactly u are. But definately it shows which area u are.

www.myfonehome.com

So if i am not using an Iphone, then cant track rite?

bonkster
17-10-2010, 01:35 PM

It's not just the iPhone. Any WAP/GPRS-enabled mobile phone can be tracked easily.

Some telcos provide locator service to their subscribers. Typically, when u request to track a person for the first time, a message will be sent to that person u want to track to seek his/her consent to ascertain his/her location anytime. Once he/she grants u consent, u will be able to locate him/her whenever u wish. That person will not be notified for subsequent attempts to locate him/her.

There are also apps and softwares that do tracking, but u need to install it on the mobile phone of the person u want to track.

Frankly, if your OC/GF wants to track u and use the telco locator service, how do u reject her request message without getting into a fight? If she secretly installs a tracking software on your phone, would u know?

If privacy is so important, then u have a few options:
1) Don't have a relationship with someone who u r obliged to answer to.
2) Don't do anything naughty.
3) Learn to fabricate convincing lies effortlessly to cover your tracks.
4) Use a very basic phone or even better, carry a pager! So your OC/GF can't even call u to ask u where u r, what u r doing, etc.
5) Switch off your phone every time u r doing something naughty, then turn it on when u r in the clear.

lightning
17-10-2010, 03:26 PM
But honestly who the hell use pager nowadays? Even old uncle also do not want to use it anymore. Unless u use a basic nokia phone.

raykwok79
17-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey bro! Dun be silly & gt fooled.

It is jus a normal GPS apps. She is with u at the time, simply she on her GPS and jus whacked yr hp number. Obviously the gps system will indicate the location based on her hp and it's jus nice u nxt to her. And u tot she tracked u.

This is an old trick Liao.

buttlovingguy
17-10-2010, 03:37 PM
no one (telcos excluded) can just track where your iphone is, unless you stupidly "allow" it when the message that asks for your location pops up (that is provided you install the specific app also). :)

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey bro! Dun be silly & gt fooled.

It is jus a normal GPS apps. She is with u at the time, simply she on her GPS and jus whacked yr hp number. Obviously the gps system will indicate the location based on her hp and it's jus nice u nxt to her. And u tot she tracked u.

This is an old trick Liao.

no one (telcos excluded) can just track where your iphone is, unless you stupidly "allow" it when the message that asks for your location pops up (that is provided you install the specific app also). :)

Thanks guys for sharing... nearly got tricked by her... i just act like i believe her for now :D

Tommy boy
17-10-2010, 03:42 PM
But honestly who the hell use pager nowadays? Even old uncle also do not want to use it anymore. Unless u use a basic nokia phone.

Yes, i always use a basic nokia phone. :)

koneku2002
17-10-2010, 04:04 PM
disable the function in your iphone that allows it to use your location fix. For example when you use your iphone as a GPS set. If not, they can know your excat location. If you disable the function then it is cell based and only MAY give approximate area. not exact location

lightning
17-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Yes, i always use a basic nokia phone. :)

I have the latest iphone but very tu lan need to have credit card to buy the application and downgrade to 4.0.1to jailbreak it, so far not sucessful in downgrading. If sucessful in jaibreak, I will download the satellite tracking to test drive my baby.:D

Indeed I phone is scary as I ever took a picture of my PRC FB and u know wat when my frd request to see my phone, I panicked and asked him to wait and delete some photos. Very paiseh but lucky not any lady ask to see my iphone. Also the photo taken was in red light area and there is an indicator on the map where the photo is taken:eek: Just beware where u wanna take a photo of ur FB, just make sure u close ur WAP, 3GS before taking.

A few things I don't like about this fucking iphone:
1) cannot download stuff from laptop to phone. ie photos, mps songs etc.
2) the credit card in order to download free or payable application
3) the sound recording some times can disappear for no reasons
4) the reception is bad in certain area especially the high rise area but not as bad as claim in the beginning.

Overall I felt a bit regret buying this phone, but some of the other applications looks very cool

icy_boi
17-10-2010, 05:01 PM

www.myfonehome.com

means that if you install the application, set -it up well on ur phone.

then when u lost ur phone, wat if the person who took ur phone shut down ur phone. will u still be able to track it down?

P.S. well most ppl shut down phone after finding one. then attempt to sell it off..:mad:

lightning
17-10-2010, 05:27 PM
means that if you install the application, set -it up well on ur phone.

then when u lost ur phone, wat if the person who took ur phone shut down ur phone. will u still be able to track it down?

P.S. well most ppl shut down phone after finding one. then attempt to sell it off..:mad:

If u have the serial number of ur phone and by right the service provider should have the technology to track down your phone location, if they want to, but so far I never report the previous lost phone serial number.

For service provider side, they may or may not want to help you to track it it down, because it is very troublesome.

sian369271
17-10-2010, 05:32 PM
hmm, anyone watch salt ? ( a movie ). that movie explain alot.

Don't carry a phone or pager. Get a pigeon instead. :D

asdfghjkl
17-10-2010, 05:36 PM
something to share with bros here: during board meetings, all directors are required to not only switch off their hp but also remove the battery inside.

the hp can leak voice even when its switched off.

owl888
17-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Sound funny

Your fren drink kopi at kopi shop....
He use app in his iphone to track your location...
He key your number...
EXACTLY LOCATION?

Where are you at the time...? hopefully not next to him when he show u his App..... :D

Is you IPhone too?

I m using a Nokia phone & sitting next to my fren. After reading all the postings, I believe I was trick :cool:

ttttaann
17-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Bro dun be fooled by this. I have downloaded this app myself n tried keying many of my friends number n all that show is my own location. It's a big bluff!!!!!!!

elong
17-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Bro dun be fooled by this. I have downloaded this app myself n tried keying many of my friends number n all that show is my own location. It's a big bluff!!!!!!!

Tested and Agree, the free app only shows my own location, last time hears there are paid app that can really track the locations, dont know if it is true :rolleyes:

ledd_777
18-10-2010, 01:22 AM
hi all, can the call-log be deleted 1 by 1 rather than delete all everytime i go home gf will suspect why no calls history in the call-log KNN:mad:

any application to counter this??

tks

lightning
18-10-2010, 01:23 AM

So it is not as useful as claimed right?

hotdick69
18-10-2010, 01:34 AM
its a hoax lah.... used to trick ur frds.....to enable real tracking u need to have the person allowing u to track him.... its against the law.... and Telcos are not allowed to release any information on any user unless its for official police business.... for layman like us u will not get any access.... :D

lightening.... when u free meet for coffee i show u the wonders of the iphone ;)

DarthRevan
18-10-2010, 02:27 AM

of course he refused..because it's a trick program..can only pinpoint his own location :D

Smartty
18-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I know of this app called whatsapp, it was initially offered free and alot of ppl are using it. I believed I saw a setting "automatic share location" which means your friend can see where u r in google map, pinpoint accuracy. Try not to use it if u r afraid. ;)

http://appchronicles.com/02/share-location-with-whatsapp-the-iphone-to-iphone-messaging-app/

Johnston
18-10-2010, 10:49 AM

I thought i already gave out a bunch of info on how your HP work....? :D
Why u not like my rsearch is it :(

To put it simply, even if your phone is the simplest NK3210 or Ericsson T10, it still utilise SG Cell Base Station (or equilavent) so every time u using it ... *mumble mumble mumble
a) phone a is so much distant from cell tower a and so much distant from cell tower b so...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation

WE can find out the approximate location of Phone A to so-and-so distance....

This one works on any phone.... as long u using the Cellphone baseline working model.. dont care what 2G, 3G, 3.5G, EDGE, 4G.... etc... :p

Oh and
and Telcos are not allowed to release any information on any user unless its for official police business.... This does not apply when u are Anime Company wanting to Sue for illegal download... u just submit name etc only... Certain ISP give u up straight away.:rolleyes:

Johnston
18-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I m using a Nokia phone & sitting next to my fren. After reading all the postings, I believe I was trick :cool:

Adoi..... now the world come to what ah.... this sort of thing should be use to cheat XMM.... :D

Anyway hah.... as technology go more advance, sometime best way to save yourself is to go RETRO. Certain Spy movie etc got such concept already.... my favourite example

NK 3210.... u gots the best GPS tracker program also bo eng because
The phone got no such GPS install :D

fdom
18-10-2010, 10:58 AM
hi all, can the call-log be deleted 1 by 1 rather than delete all everytime i go home gf will suspect why no calls history in the call-log KNN:mad:

any application to counter this??

tks

There are someways but very troublesome, the best is to jailbreak the iphone OS which can do more than your requirement. :D

hengkia
18-10-2010, 01:17 PM
actually if you are worried, you can divert your iphone calls to a cheonging phone.

just leave your iphone at home ;)
so if your gf checks up on you via gps tracking, it will show that you are at home.

then again lying to your gf isnt an encouraged method to maintain a relationship. hehe.

shchen
18-10-2010, 03:43 PM

This is because you are with her. Why don't you ask her to try it with another friend of yours and he is not with both of you, and see the result.

What the app does is showing her own number and location so it look like she is ping your model phone.

The only guy can do it, is the Carrier that provide you the mobile phone service, in Singapore they are SingTel, Starhub and M1. This does not apply to iPhone alone, all phone can be pinged if the Telco want to.

superman67
18-10-2010, 04:03 PM
This is because you are with her. Why don't you ask her to try it with another friend of yours and he is not with both of you, and see the result.

What the app does is showing her own number and location so it look like she is ping your model phone.
Tks for sharing this..wat a relief..upz u as compliment...:)

lightning
19-10-2010, 10:38 AM
its a hoax lah.... used to trick ur frds.....to enable real tracking u need to have the person allowing u to track him.... its against the law.... and Telcos are not allowed to release any information on any user unless its for official police business.... for layman like us u will not get any access.... :D

lightening.... when u free meet for coffee i show u the wonders of the iphone ;)

Thanks for ur kindness will send u a pm and when u say u going to show me something that is special, I presume:D

Frankiestine
19-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Next time dont call your Handphone Handphone anymore... u call it Cell Phone...

True I got Aussie client who got stump when he saw on my name card " Handphone Number."....they termed it as Mobile Phone...

Johnston
19-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Who knows what the Aussies do? In the States and UK they call it a Cell. which according to how i outlined yeah, its works like cells of base stations etc etc:D but really now, doesnit it sound better than

Shou Ji = Hand Chickins :p

All this worry here and there about Iphone make me wonder why every TOm dickie and harry all Kpkb about karry Iphone = the Best. ;)

Renounce the IPHONE NAO before IPHONE 5 give u real time GPS tracking :D

ttttaann
19-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Bro lighting. I am using the paid version n it's the SAMs as the free version. I kana cheated by apple Liao. I saw many users complaining in the feedback portion of this app. Dun get this app, it's s bluff

ah_est
19-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Ahhaiyo, see lah, Iphone Iphone somemore lah..... Now u worry Your IPhone tio track...

anyway... let me share with u hah... in the States and else where they dont call it HAND phone, they call it CELL phone... now why hah.... this is the offiicial Wiki Explanation of CellPhone mobile phone (also called mobile, cellular phone, cell phone or handphone[1]) is an electronic device used for full duplex two-way radio telecommunications over a cellular network of base stations known as cell sites.
Until.... YOUR GPS ALSO HELP TO FIND YOUR EXACT LOCATION DOWN TO METERS That is whole another thing which i dont know much about...

you sound like my tutor!!
hehe!

lightning
19-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Bro lighting. I am using the paid version n it's the SAMs as the free version. I kana cheated by apple Liao. I saw many users complaining in the feedback portion of this app. Dun get this app, it's s bluff

Dun worry, I am trying to jailbreak my iphone, hence it is free and thanks for your kind informing:D

peaches_n_cream
19-10-2010, 05:11 PM
i share one of the bros here concern of not able to delete individual call log history... so, if i jailbreak i can delete call log one by one??
n is there any application whr i can find out if the person im calling is on the phone just like how old phones show the call waiting prompt??

cuscorex92
19-10-2010, 05:22 PM
i share one of the bros here concern of not able to delete individual call log history... so, if i jailbreak i can delete call log one by one??
n is there any application whr i can find out if the person im calling is on the phone just like how old phones show the call waiting prompt??

app's name: recent call log delete

nine9nine
19-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi, regardless you use iphone or those 10years ago ericsson 688, there is always a way to track it. But in the 1st place you must be able to get hold and tamper with it.

I am into such devices and will be studying on how to counter it.

Believe or not up to you.

Johnston
20-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi, regardless you use iphone or those 10years ago ericsson 688, there is always a way to track it. But in the 1st place you must be able to get hold and tamper with it.

Believe or not up to you.

Buddy, unless you gots a job with some Three Letter Agencies who do these kinds of shit for a living, you got about one chance in hell with people who actively try to listen in and track your ass. :cool: You read a bit about Encryption... etc etc your eyes roll over...

I trust i have already outlined enough about how the basic Hand Chickins work and as usual, Teh Polis always have a right to ask Teh Telco to Find That Phone as a very basic....

What you say???? regardless you use iphone or those 10years ago ericsson 688, there is always a way to track it. siboh????? U sure ah not.... what if i dont use cell phone how?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_phone'
A satellite telephone, satellite phone, or satphone is a type of mobile phone that connects to orbiting satellites instead of terrestrial cell sites.But what if i use this hey????? ;)

Teh Internet and Teh Readings. What Cant They Do???? :rolleyes:

Johnston
20-10-2010, 12:36 AM
I not need to research too much to how to block out My Pesky GF Cell or anyother shit tracking app.....

All i needed to do was read Teh Terminator. You see hor, John connor and gang cut off Terminator head..... but problem is Terminator head can still comms with Skynets.... so John quickly homemake a Faraday Cage and throw the head in so voila (no more transmisions).

Simi shit si Faraday Cage???? I wonder. I go checky it up
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

Now u go and click on it.. .and u wonder simi sai lai eh... anyway
Faraday cage = no signal can penetrate a conductor (simple version lah)

Now u thinking... HOW THIS HELP ME HAH :D

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1305
I research finish and i show u a simple way how to counter it.
Buy or not the product up to you
(i myself may be buying this shit)

Damn! Teh Readings. :D

hoosdathu
20-10-2010, 03:34 AM
that's bullsh|t from TS gf cos the GPS in iphone super inaccurate...
just use the google maps can prove how bad it is liao :mad:

Johnston
20-10-2010, 06:55 AM
remember: the GPs isnt all that inaccurate. N0t kilometers off. Beside i seen it use, n0t that bad. ? Anzay, if TS tell g.f i am in Newton Hawker Center makan when actually his co-ords are in H81 fragrance. . . HmM. . :) anyway l0ok on the bright side, if for example u go t6 Holland, u lost there, the mata could likely find u thx to ur ph0ne. :)

superman67
20-10-2010, 08:49 AM
remember: the GPs isnt all that inaccurate. N0t kilometers off. Beside i seen it use, n0t that bad. ? Anzay, if TS tell g.f i am in Newton Hawker Center makan when actually his co-ords are in H81 fragrance. . . HmM. . :) anyway l0ok on the bright side, if for example u go t6 Holland, u lost there, the mata could likely find u thx to ur ph0ne. :)
Mny Tks for all the sharing bro..upz u +2 humble pts..cheers:)

citidrag
20-10-2010, 11:26 AM
good info, I am still new to iphone.

ah_heng81
21-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Ya, this is exactly what i thought as well. But she prove me wrong by showing me how she did it. That is y i panic now. Even my phone off, still show the location..

I am suspecting that it is showing the location of the last phone call... Need some experts to cfm as this is dangerous to us chiongsters..

I think its not true, she's just makng u scare lor. U try using her phone and key in your friend hp number, it will show the location you are at also . The app is made for you to fool your friends de. My wife downloaded it and try to bluf me also , than i ask her lend me her phone after playing with it i know liao.

gotcraft30
21-10-2010, 10:07 AM
brudders, i haven't read thru the entire 5 pages but let me say this. The tracking on iphone DOES NOT WORK!!! It's a trick because you are right next to your friend. Even if you key in 999 it will still state you and your friend's location because they are right beside you.

Yes there are services that you can subscribe with your local telcos to track someone else's location but they are permission based. Meaning they will sms you to ask if you approve of being tracked down! Plus the range of tracking is not very accurate ranging from a 1km to 100m radius.

However, if you friend is from Internal Securities or smth like that, that will be another story.

happyfamily
21-10-2010, 01:36 PM

wau jia lat.....

digimon
21-10-2010, 05:06 PM

So now have to kuai kuai stay at home lah .... no more cheonging .... :D
Anyway ..... I think the apps is a bluff..... seen it from friends.....

But this is real.... if you have iphone 4 .... you can do video calls
http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/facetime.html

So if you are in bed with your fav prc giving you a bbbj ...... dont pick up that call. :D

Drooler
21-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Noneed to guess, one day go elsewhere then call your fren to come find you/ tell you where you are.
Can means you siao liaos
Cannot means you too snook liaos simple

hoosdathu
21-10-2010, 10:37 PM
So if you are in bed with your fav prc giving you a bbbj ...... dont pick up that call. :D

the facetime works only over wifi n both parties must use iphone 4... effectively useless 'improvement' by the crappy fruit company :mad:

video call over 3G the technology dunno how many years already lor...

lightning
21-10-2010, 11:29 PM
So now have to kuai kuai stay at home lah .... no more cheonging .... :D
Anyway ..... I think the apps is a bluff..... seen it from friends.....

that is if the other party have iphone and wifi accesibilty. Sinkapore's free wireless are not that accessible friendly at all. As login is required, hence it is not convinent to do facetime.

Max77
22-10-2010, 01:57 AM
I never like iphone. When it 1st launched i told my colleague not to buy first sure got modified coming out soon (i'm oni guessing at tat time). When iphone3GS launched I also predicted there's more version coming out. Seems to me like never ending money splattering. Anyone fancy N8? I'm waiting eagerly actually :p

Rexyboy
22-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Bro,

even if u off the hp oso able to track you,if u dunno... unless u take the battery out. Check out below link.

http://www.spymastertools.com/index.html

Rexyboy
22-10-2010, 07:24 AM

Hi,

There is indeed an app in app store that can track iphone but need to download the app to the person's iphone. It called device locator. How i know? Bcos i am tracking someone.... :)

911GT3Cup
22-10-2010, 10:15 AM
for those who don't know there was an app that tracks another phone, not only iPhone and reportedly worked. it was removed almost as quickly as it was posted on appstore, due to intrusion to privacy.

as for the current apps, i dunno. triangulation is one method of tracking, meaning even without ongoing call it could be track as long there is mobile coverage. it will not be 100% accurate though.

elong
22-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Bro,

even if u off the hp oso able to track you,if u dunno... unless u take the battery out. Check out below link.

http://www.spymastertools.com/index.html

For iphone no way to escape lao, how u take the iphone battery out ??? :rolleyes:

naturegreen
22-10-2010, 01:25 PM
for those who don't know there was an app that tracks another phone, not only iPhone and reportedly worked. it was removed almost as quickly as it was posted on appstore, due to intrusion to privacy.

Yes I've heard about it too. It appears on the news about 8-9 months ago if I am not wrong. But as soon as it was removed, I tried to search for it but in vain. There were other similar apps but sad to say so, they are just all fake and just for fun apps.

So if your friend/partner takes out his iphone and type in ur contact number into his/her iphone and it shows the exact location where you and him/her are, don't be taken aback. It is just tracking his/her own iphone location. I downloaded a couple of such apps before and tried to locate my friends' location but sad to say so, it just kept indicating my exact location when my friends are not with me.

RealEstateGuy
22-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi bro,

Any bros that have effective ways of countering, please contribute, tks. :mad::mad::mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracing a Mobile Phone Location
It's possible that you would like to know the physical location of a cell phone. Since mobile phone owners rarely leave home without their handsets, knowing where the cell phone is will usually point you toward the location of its owner. Concerned parents may want to know about the whereabouts of their children on a Saturday night, for example, and business owners may need to know the location of their employees to better facilitate service calls and other operations. Whatever your motivation, knowing how to track a cell phone can be very handy.

From a legal perspective, only the owner of the mobile phone account can ask the cell phone carrier to "ping" a cell phone. This is to determine the location of a phone based on the cell phone towers to which it is connected. You must then get permission from the account holder if you do not own the cell phone account yourself. The exception to this would be law enforcement officers and other emergency personnel. Naturally, you need to know the phone number of the cell phone you'd like to track and knowing other identifying information, like the serial number is useful too.

Another way to trace a mobile phone location is to use GPS. The cell phone has to not only be equipped with this kind of functionality, but it must be actively connected to a service that allows you to trace its location. Certain phones designed for children have this function built into them, so parents can track the phone's location using online software or some other utility.

Brother, using GPS technology to track hookers, your GF using GPS to see if you are using hookers. Brother, is it all worth it. Are you being honest with yourself and with your GF? How long do you expect this to continue? Have you thought about the positive benefits of a lifestyle change where the thrill of the next fuck won't end with HIV and/or your GF leaving you? What is the point of having a GF whom in traditional SG society and most others is someone you date with intention of marrying, if you cannot face the truth of your actions?

creeve
22-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I never like iphone. When it 1st launched i told my colleague not to buy first sure got modified coming out soon (i'm oni guessing at tat time). When iphone3GS launched I also predicted there's more version coming out. Seems to me like never ending money splattering. Anyone fancy N8? I'm waiting eagerly actually :p

LOL... No offence hor but I read your so call prediction hor... It's like saying... some day, it's gonna rain.

Isn't it obvious that newer and better version of the iPhone will be released year after year... No need you to "predict" wor...

creeve
22-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Can try this app - HeyWay.

There is free and paid version, but both party must have this app installed in their iPhone and the "trackee" must agree to be tracked by the "tracker". Like all tracking apps, the info might not be very exact point, but it's accurate enough lah.

icy_boi
23-10-2010, 12:44 AM
If u have the serial number of ur phone and by right the service provider should have the technology to track down your phone location, if they want to, but so far I never report the previous lost phone serial number.

For service provider side, they may or may not want to help you to track it it down, because it is very troublesome.

can money settle the problem?

lightning
23-10-2010, 01:59 AM
can money settle the problem?

I do not think so:mad: I lost before but did not seek their assistance either. u may want to try and ask

elong
23-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I do not think so:mad: I lost before but did not seek their assistance either. u may want to try and ask

if you file a police report, and get police consent, maybe u can ask telco's assistance :p

bigangry
23-10-2010, 04:58 PM
yes, tracking, listening.. whatever you saw in the movies all can be done, with the right equipments.. landlines, mobilephones all can be tap into, so tracking is not a problem

atoma
23-10-2010, 06:20 PM
It called device locator. How i know? Bcos i am tracking someone.... :)

bro how abt your tracking, is it successful ? btw so you need to buy the app or it is free dl ? :rolleyes:

Johnston
24-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Brother, using GPS technology to track hookers, your GF using GPS to see if you are using hookers. Brother, is it all worth it. Are you being honest with yourself and with your GF? How long do you expect this to continue? ?

Its worth it because Unlike Someone not all of us have the chance to bonk High Class Maid at Kinokuniya...... :rolleyes:

All this track here track there..... somethings you just have to live with...
you want tech, u need to pay a price :D

And um... i predict that there will be New and Improved Nokia handphone release... i a genius? :D