PDA

View Full Version : Is marriage and kids a good idea in Singapore?

steinbecksg
20-08-2010, 07:16 PM
after considering all the pros and cons... do u think the above is a good idea in the sg context? like to hear from everyone, married and unmarried. :)

Arucard
20-08-2010, 07:39 PM
no!! wife can get half of ur asset and custody of the children if dirvoce even if she is the one having an affair

tomvoyeur
20-08-2010, 11:26 PM
after considering all the pros and cons... do u think the above is a good idea in the sg context? like to hear from everyone, married and unmarried. :)

It is ur life so u really have to decide for urself.

Truth is there is no one size fits all thing - contrary to what the sillypore govt does for sillyporeans. ;)

J.Bonk.003
20-08-2010, 11:53 PM
no!! wife can get half of ur asset and custody of the children if dirvoce even if she is the one having an affair

Is that true? Thought if woman at fault they get nothing

k3lvin123
20-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Ideas regarding marriage. ask me, i'm the right person. below is what i face:

Advantage
1. Got people to carry on surname(OLD AH MA TALES)
2. Got baby to play

Disadvantage
1. $$$ alot
2. No privacy
3. No Sex

Decide up to yourself la,

bonkster
21-08-2010, 12:28 AM
To each his own but 2 words come to my mind "FUCKING SHACK"!!! :(:p

Max77
21-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Not oni in Singapore, it apply to every countries.

Love is probably one of the most wonderful thing ever happened to us. Don't get married also can hav kids ah. Don't get married also can buy condo stay together ah.

For those guys who r afraid to lost their gals if they don't giv in and get married, wait till u lost both ur gal and ur money AFTER married.

freezetheDB
21-08-2010, 01:15 AM
no one can tell u what is good and what is bad.

we all want different things at different stages in life.

Just live life however you want. Marriage can be just a piece of paper, or it can be a peace of mind for the lady (or parents). It is how one sees it.

kids are not for me (currently). Life is weird, maybe by the time I want a kid i might not be able to get it up. Maybe when you dont want a kid, accidents happen. Life is beautiful because it is unknown. Because it is unknown, it can be full of hope.

my 2cents;)

Rickey
21-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Ideas regarding marriage. ask me, i'm the right person. below is what i face:

Advantage
1. Got people to carry on surname(OLD AH MA TALES)
2. Got baby to play

Disadvantage
1. $$$ alot
2. No privacy
3. No Sex

Decide up to yourself la,

Like Bro k3lvin123's answer, put very simply in a nutshell. Short n sweet...

If u need to go in for watever reasons, by all means but do MAKE VERY SURE u choose yr partner carefully & wisely, else be prepared for rainy n stormy times ahead. There are many hidden risks in all types of relationships including the marriage r/s which are very hard to forsee at the point of signing on the dotted line as pple's attitudes & feelings towards u can change over time or worse at any time least expected....

Not oni in Singapore, it apply to every countries.

Love is probably one of the most wonderful thing ever happened to us. Don't get married also can hav kids ah. Don't get married also can buy condo stay together ah.

For those guys who r afraid to lost their gals if they don't giv in and get married, wait till u lost both ur gal and ur money AFTER married.

Haha, very cutely said by Bro Max 77......Yes, love is a many splendoured thing.....but it seems like we r getting ourselves tied up when there is no need to....

Kula
21-08-2010, 05:09 AM
for me i will not ... too leychey ... many sacrifices has to been made ...

LauFoye
21-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I rather stay single as it is too expensive to have a family in Singapore.

raykwok79
21-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes marriage is tough. Gals wan to get married for the sake of security, monetary security. Even the gal can make a living, under the fucking woman acts... They hv the right to share yr wealth.

Of course the so call 'modern woman' say they dun depend on man's $. when divorce, u get abt 5 digit figure or more, u dun wan? Talk cock.

Single like mi I spent wat I like, fuck whenever I need, freedom and low expenses.

Max77
21-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I used to hav a ex camp mate who can't seems to cheong frequently enuff wif us. He always say he don't earn as much as we do. Later on he got married and hav kid. Ofcoz he can't afford to cheong even once. A few yrs ago his wife divorce him. On her blog she hint tat she has been licking ice creams and discribing their taste wif others thru out their marriage.After paying up for his life lesson, he bought A TT crossfire and offer to ferry us to cheong frequently.

Now the real bloody sad truth to everything. He has been saving every cents he earn to get married. He's the most matured and family planning man i reckon among us. The condo and those expensive reno and furnitures all bought by him. He has bloody high taste when we're looking for ONS @ St James-only later made known to us tat he wanna stay faithful to his gf (wife, then ex wife) and be steady to us at the same time.

He's one of those rare good guy who still believe in giving it all in a marriage. Till now, he still claim tat the reason for his marriage failure is due to his neglegent towards his wife. Ofcoz, the real reason we might never get to know...nowaday i find tat he's cheonging lesser and lesser and sense this bugger still don't learn his lesson well...

pussylicious12345
21-08-2010, 11:03 PM

It depends on how well you choose your wife and how well you condition her thereafter....

frivolous_ami
21-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Marriage... yes.... but only foreign wives. Most sg gals expectations too high. :(

Today you court the gal... tmr, you may discover actually some other guy already gotten ahead of you. Or she multi timing many guys.....

ACJCian
22-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Ya la, agree with the other bros, different stage in life will augur different sets of wants and expectations. Now at our prime, firing and forgetting might be the best course given that it entails minimal cost but maximum satisfaction. In all, it's a lifestyle that fits our current needs. But those needs change as we grow old and mellow, and we crave for more permanent bonds and more sustainable relationships, that's where we will ask ourselves, where were the good heydays? As such, when I think about marriage and all, I do see the pitfalls of the present, but I also worry about the future. Do I want to be all alone? Well, I think each of us will have a different answer to that question. With me, I'll take that leap of faith and find the one. Though I'm fully cognizant, it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Max77
22-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Wad makes u so sure tat u won't be alone when u r old after marriage? Love and Marriage r two separate things. Ever heard of the ending of a joke whereby the God of Wealth always follow the God of Happiness (and never the other way round)? Well, u can jolly well treat Marriage as the God of Wealth.

Don't expect happiness after marriage. Don't! Seriously Don't!

Marriage is jus an responsibility in the society we lived in. We r educated and brain washed in such a way tat Marriage is jus a natural way to be when very much in Love. Having kid helps to encourage population growth. THAT'S IT! NOTHING ROMANTIC ABOUT IT ALL!

If u r looking for tat passionate heart racing feelings, u'll never find it in Marriage. U can oni find in Love. Do u really need some experts to tell u why the divorce rate is still so bloody high? Bcoz everybody is not willing to be trapped in an unloved marriage anymore. Women who r afraid to make such decision 20yrs ago r now not afraid to fuck u in the face when they don't get their expected hourly dosage of love.

They r simply irrational, illogical and irreasonable inside waiting to burst open n bite ur neck till u bleed to death. And when she stand trial for murder, the women charter says:"aiyah she bor bian lah, her husband must hav done something terrible to her tat's why she's forced to defend herself lah. 30secs on the breast is not call molest so 30secs on the neck is not murder lah"

senilespikey
22-08-2010, 02:14 PM
There's no 100% right answer, to each his own.

My own experience, regretted getting married because i'm the cheongster type, got married bcoz of "commitment" to gf who had been with me for 10yrs....:(

Am still married even though there a few episodes which could had me divorced or back to singlehood again....

I don't believe any man can resist any kind of temptation from the opposite sex, neither can I...:p

The thing is, gals are ez to come by now probably bcoz we r still "attractive" in some ways or another; be it good-looking, rich, drives a nice sports car, charismatic etc...

The day will come when our choenging buddies are no longer around us, when we grow old and gals are no longer attracted to us...

Nevertheless, all the above are just views of each individual, thus to get married or not, still your own choice pal....

Horseman1972
22-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Haha v subjective topic...Im seeing a married lady now so what do u think the answer is? Anyway every1 knows married ladies are having affairs...Could be ya wife rite? So 2 each his own...Anyway good luck lol

pterchew
22-08-2010, 02:42 PM
this is part of nature of life. :p