PDA

View Full Version : Nicer Hotel?

n00b1e
09-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Guys,

anyone knows where to get a nicer hotels with a more soundproof room?
because sometimes when I go have fun with my partner after that wanna sleep but the usual H81 and Fragrace very noisy.. i'm looking at probably $150..and can check in around 2~3am? anyone wanna share where?

nokia88
09-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Good question i also wanna know :D

Northern
09-06-2010, 12:32 AM
I was at Furama recently and the room not bad, king size bed and all. But cost me $280 for the better room. Regular room all taken up. Paramount is not shabby either but also above $200. Maybe you can try Lion City hotel or Strand. But now June is holiday season and I think charges will overall be higher and rooms not as readily available.

If you are booking full day, can also try Fragrance. They put the full day and transit guests at different levels so not as much disturbance.

SpriteMonkey
09-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Bro.. Changi Village hotel s 200. if u wanna check it out.

Fuzz
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
You can try those fragrance with $30 dollar rooms. Take four hrs and only 60 and they are usually better and also quieter as not much ppl taking the $30 rooms. Save you money also.

titan
09-06-2010, 10:53 AM
try 81 at tristar.. its a older hotel but renovated where the rooms are much bigger.. hence quieter.. less than a 100 for a night

n00b1e
09-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Bros, those hotel quoted are walk in rate right? Not online rate right.. I want to be natural.. Not pre arranged type... U know wat I mean... Oh yeah can check in 2am this kinda timing one right?

Osprey
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM
All hotels as log as they have rooms, you can check in anytime. Along Jalan Besar rd quite some 3-4 stars hotels that I think not as expensive, maybe you google for their numbers to call and ask for rates and availabilty before you make your move ;)

Good Luck :D

VanGogh
09-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Bro, you can try the following boutique/budget hotel other than 81 or Frag :

1) Hotel 1929 @ Chinatown
2) Wangz Hotel @ Tiong Bahru
3) Link Hotel @ Tiong Bahru
4) Windsor @ MacPherson
5) AQueens @ Lavender
6) Singapore Quality Hotel @ Balestier
7) Re Hotel @ Chin Swee
8) Paramont Hotel @ Katong
9) Mecure Hotel @ East Coast Road

Depending on rooms availability, they charge about $120 to $180.. I've personally tried some of them on the List , should say at this rate, they are consider quite OK. Their standard is in between that of 81 / Frag and those 4 stars Hotel in Town.

I understand why you don't want 81 / frag for overnight... the PVC covered beds are not so comfy and also the disposable pillow cases .. .... .... :) also the sound system from next room.. ...LOL, other than that, 81 / frag are perfect for 2 to 3 hrs...

Seward
09-06-2010, 01:56 PM
The full day check out time is at or around 12 pm and if you go in 2-3 pm, a bit wasted for the cost. Anyway, can also try Aqueen hotel and ask for their higher end rooms, should be around your budget, convenient location to all night food court too.

cavemanng
09-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I feel aqueen lavnder is good

n00b1e
10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Bro, you can try the following boutique/budget hotel other than 81 or Frag :

1) Hotel 1929 @ Chinatown
2) Wangz Hotel @ Tiong Bahru
3) Link Hotel @ Tiong Bahru
4) Windsor @ MacPherson
5) AQueens @ Lavender
6) Singapore Quality Hotel @ Balestier
7) Re Hotel @ Chin Swee
8) Paramont Hotel @ Katong
9) Mecure Hotel @ East Coast Road

Depending on rooms availability, they charge about $120 to $180.. I've personally tried some of them on the List , should say at this rate, they are consider quite OK. Their standard is in between that of 81 / Frag and those 4 stars Hotel in Town.

I understand why you don't want 81 / frag for overnight... the PVC covered beds are not so comfy and also the disposable pillow cases .. .... .... :) also the sound system from next room.. ...LOL, other than that, 81 / frag are perfect for 2 to 3 hrs...

Bro, thanks for the list, I did a quick check on agoda all mostly hit 200+ after tax.. Pain sia haha the thing is I tried hotels the counter rate is more expensive than internet price like agoda.. Got any idea which hotel in ur list can take over the counter price at not 30% higher than internet price? :) sometime this kinda thing super adhoc one...

VanGogh
10-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Bro, thanks for the list, I did a quick check on agoda all mostly hit 200+ after tax.. Pain sia haha the thing is I tried hotels the counter rate is more expensive than internet price like agoda.. Got any idea which hotel in ur list can take over the counter price at not 30% higher than internet price? :) sometime this kinda thing super adhoc one...

oh ya Bro, I forgot the Tax...

bro, if you last minute, the counter will normally push those deluxe room to you... and they will be more expensive... ...

But Bro, I am quite sure that apart from Wangz, Aqueen and Quality, the normal to deluxe rooms for those is about 160 to 180 including Tax.. cos i did called up and checked before recently (sometime in Mid May).. ..

Maybe the increase price during School Holidays bro...

And very Pai Say Bro, my list did not help u much... Hope u can get a nice place Bro

turbo_slk200
10-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Bros

You can try Hotel Rendevous or Strand Hotel along Bencoolen Road...

Not bad and within your budget.

Cheers !

oxblood69
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi
I like the IBIS at Bencoolen...it is pretty new and clean, no smell etc.
Thx

whatafish
10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I feel aqueen lavnder is good

Sorry but I would avoid this hotel at all cost.

kbearsg
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Bro, I tried The Strand at Bencoolen, 160 per night, I know it sounds expensive but if you're bringing the right type of lady it's quite a classy/boutique type hotel to bring her. Albert Court Village/Ibis also recommended but they are over 200plus.

Ayers
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry but I would avoid this hotel at all cost.

Why ? Due to the door ?

Owen7
10-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Try RE Hotel in Chin Swee Road, new hotel rates from $138 onwards.

Boutique Hotel Superior Suites | Hotel RE! (http://www.hotelre.com.sg/accommodations_superior.htm)

nokia88
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Can try value hotel $79 weekdays

urger
11-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Sorry TS for the hijacking of your thread. Hope you don't mind. Don't wanna start a thread.

Actually I have a simple question to ask bros here.

It's also regarding Hotel.

May I know if there are any hotel that offer theme concept such as all kinds of fancy bed shapes(e.g heart-shaped, rounded bed etc). Also maybe with some rooms that are decorated for "good-time"?

V123
11-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Lion City hotel has a special transit rate of $49 from midnite to 8am.

nokia88
11-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Thx for info

uniqueen
11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Can try value hotel $79 weekdays

Value hotel offer transit rate? never been there before, and think it only located in Balestier Road right :p

nokia88
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Value hotel offer transit rate? never been there before, and think it only located in Balestier Road right :p

there are 3 one at whompa/balestier/thomson . No transit though

Value Hotel (http://www.valuehotel.com.sg/)

passionfeels
11-06-2010, 11:50 PM
there are 3 one at whompa/balestier/thomson . No transit though

Value Hotel (http://www.valuehotel.com.sg/)

this seems to be a good hotel. thanks !. is it always out of rooms ?

Holstein
12-06-2010, 01:58 AM

Even better rates than 81 and frangrance. Good info, thanx bro.

starmexboy
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Even better rates than 81 and frangrance. Good info, thanx bro.

Value Hotel belong to H81 group

natsuki
12-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi
I like the IBIS at Bencoolen...it is pretty new and clean, no smell etc.
Thx

Ibis is small... dun lik the feel... thou yup its new la... But the room is quite small, still for the toilet...

Bro, I tried The Strand at Bencoolen, 160 per night, I know it sounds expensive but if you're bringing the right type of lady it's quite a classy/boutique type hotel to bring her. Albert Court Village/Ibis also recommended but they are over 200plus.

I rather u try Hotel RE!
Strand look kinda old, and the front desk ppl not friendly one...

Actually the earlier u book, the cheap the rates will be for all those boutique hotels, they will also adjusted the room rates depending to the occupancy rate de...
Booking thru internet would secure u with a cheaper rate sometimes too. =)

Rates for Scarlet hotel could even go below 220sgd, if u wan a deluxe room and if u can book early...

For hotel with a decent bed good rate, i think only left with Value Hotel... Less then 120sgd could get u a decent room le...

But that hotel seems eerie... =P

orangeox
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Sorry TS for the hijacking of your thread. Hope you don't mind. Don't wanna start a thread.

May I know if there are any hotel that offer theme concept such as all kinds of fancy bed shapes(e.g heart-shaped, rounded bed etc). Also maybe with some rooms that are decorated for "good-time"?

Strand Hotel used to have a few theme rooms on the laz level years back, laz tried was 2 years back...u may want to check it out.

Hope it hepls.

Cheers

ch33zy
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM

You can try Hotel RE.. I think they do have some themed rooms.. Check their website.. Hotel Re! (http://www.hotelre.com.sg/)

raykwok79
13-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Scarlet hotel and majestic hotel hv such theme. But always a price to pay. Go check it out.

berchwind
13-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for sharing the info.

vaxvms
27-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Strand Hotel used to have a few theme rooms on the laz level years back, laz tried was 2 years back...u may want to check it out.

Hope it hepls.

Cheers

out of sudden posting :D

guzik
30-10-2010, 05:55 PM
sorry bro,just asking..does IBIS hotel provide hourly rate or transit charge?

BiRd13
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys,

anyone knows where to get a nicer hotels with a more soundproof room?
because sometimes when I go have fun with my partner after that wanna sleep but the usual H81 and Fragrace very noisy.. i'm looking at probably $150..and can check in around 2~3am? anyone wanna share where?

Bro... Alot of nice hotel can get those rates... But 1 question is, how come check in 2-3am? Or do you mean 2-3pm?

And oh yeah, if you are booking online, and don't mind location or what hotel, can try this web: wotif.com under 'Mystery Deal'... You won't know the exact
location or hotel name till your booking is confirm... Range from 120 - 500++

Sometimes, can get nice and good hotel at cheaper rates...

Side info:
Hotel RE have nice theme rooms, but their normal superior or even deluxe room are damn small... Perhaps the size of hotel 81 or what... Unless you going for their suites... And my fav of RE is their Family Suites, which consists of a nice round WATER bed... =X

And also, I won't really suggest Hotel 1929 though.. Its really noisy especially midnight or so... Sometimes you can even hear people chatting and talking loudly outside, or even some 'noises' next door to you...

horny_angel
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
do anyone know any budget hotel located at Jurong/Boon Lay area?