PDA

View Full Version : hi bros, advise pls-> is imflash a gd company to join?

justwanadoit
23-04-2010, 12:38 AM
it is joint venture with intel and micron. heard Micron sucks big time, management always bully ppl, long hours sweatshop.

does imflash follow micron culture? sorry i do not have frens there so just aking only

phantomboyz
23-04-2010, 12:53 AM
From a micron staff confession, its a gamble. But atleast its much much better than TECH SEMICON!!!:mad:

siaochong
23-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Bro,

Heard from my friend, they transfer a lot ppl from Tech Semi to IMF.
Working culture - I really have no idea.
May be other bro, can advice you.

PepperO
23-04-2010, 01:17 AM
does imflash follow micron culture?

Hey TS.. Nope. :)

jimboi
23-04-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH semicon tt bad?? hahaha~ heng i didnt apply for it.. but i think most semicon companies are like tt bah.. and the industry's quite volatile.. downturn then retrench, upturn hire.. viscious cycle..

red_squirrel
23-04-2010, 01:46 AM
heng that time i didn't manage to get into Tech.. Now happily with Exxon :D..

husky_hush
23-04-2010, 10:50 AM
IMF was force to be abandon during last year economy downturn, all staff except few was retrench i think :cool:......... guess now when economy pick up again they rehired again ........ ;) ..........

fullofrubbish
23-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Sorry to be asking but what has this got to do with a sex forum ??? :confused:

husky_hush
23-04-2010, 05:55 PM
lol , i think soon or later we may get zap for off-topic discussion ..... anyway we share some opinion nah....... :cool:

twinresist2
23-04-2010, 11:48 PM
bro, what are you going to do there ? engineer ? heard micron give 2 months bonus. not sure abt IM Flash
if this is yr first job, i will advise you not to go semicon industry cause really going downhill as compared to before. And its cyclical (in 2008, first 2 quarter were up n production was running full steam then last 2 was down until factory operate only at 20 to 30% of capacity (upturn damn good, downturn all get fired). Hope this helps...

justwanadoit
24-04-2010, 03:33 PM
does imflash follow micron culture?

Hey TS.. Nope. :)

actually dats all i wan to hear.:D

me experience guy. sigh...long story...i was happily in a tech MNC, not fab position. very happy, 9-5, sent overseas training, relak atmosphere.

then 5-6 yrs backside itchy decide to go govt, who know kena jialad crazy boss! terminate me in the middle of recession.

thk god my wife got rich unlce who like me so hire me, construction related. so i become project manager. but he very stingy guy and like count evrry cent, i feel very fustrated. now wana go back tech position.

i applied my previous comoany but they din call me up, maybe manager still piss i reject their counter offer last time.

see how things goes.....

justwanadoit
24-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Sorry to be asking but what has this got to do with a sex forum ??? :confused:

please refe to my uncle lim thread to know its relevance :D

Shazam
24-04-2010, 10:50 PM
All companies in Singapore behave like sweatshops including "high-class" and white collar companies.

This is because if you do not behave like a slave, they can easily hire a foreigner to replace you. No sweat at all.

Government will allow foreigners in any industry except politics and we all know why.

So your topic is a obvious conclusion.

SamSeng79
25-04-2010, 11:25 AM
since its a newly setup co, nobody can really tell the culture of the co..:rolleyes:

Cerberus
25-04-2010, 12:59 PM
This is an irrelevant thread....but I just want to put my 2 cents worth.

I had been working in the semicon manufacturing industry for 10+ years. I started off as Engineer.....and I'm still an Engineer now. I'm only drawing only $1000 more than when I'm a fresh grad. Lot's of SG sluts find me a failure.:(

To be frank, as one Bro pointed out, semicon is sunset industry.
My pay had been stagnated for the past 3 years......be it good or bad times.
If TS really want to go into this field, try to opt for non-manufacturing based semicon companies. Maybe research or whatever. Life can be less stressful.

Gone were the times when MNCs give good employee benefits. Companies are not willing to train ppl. No long term commitment from both sides. No bonues to talk off....and you work like mad, squeezed dry. Only the Directors get all the $ benefits.
You come in to the company, sink or swim on your own. Cannot take it, quit.
There is no job satisfaction, only work to get paid....that's all.

In my late 30s now, I'm still single and staying with parents. I have nothing to my name. No car, can only take mrt/buses.
Do you want to be like me??? Choose your next career wisely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ybnrIzwYg&feature=related

Shazam
25-04-2010, 02:34 PM
This is an irrelevant thread....but I just want to put my 2 cents worth.

I had been working in the semicon manufacturing industry for 10+ years. I started off as Engineer.....and I'm still an Engineer now. I'm only drawing only $1000 more than when I'm a fresh grad. Lot's of SG sluts find me a failure.:(

To be frank, as one Bro pointed out, semicon is sunset industry.
My pay had been stagnated for the past 3 years......be it good or bad times.
If TS really want to go into this field, try to opt for non-manufacturing based semicon companies. Maybe research or whatever. Life can be less stressful.

Gone were the times when MNCs give good employee benefits. Companies are not willing to train ppl. No long term commitment from both sides. No bonues to talk off....and you work like mad, squeezed dry. Only the Directors get all the $ benefits.
You come in to the company, sink or swim on your own. Cannot take it, quit.
There is no job satisfaction, only work to get paid....that's all.

In my late 30s now, I'm still single and staying with parents. I have nothing to my name. No car, can only take mrt/buses.
Do you want to be like me??? Choose your next career wisely.

YouTube - Money, Money, Money - Full Track - Mamma Mia The Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ybnrIzwYg&feature=related)

Your lifestory is typical of Singapore guys these days.

So many hats to wear(employee, family, friends, NS etc)

Too bad the PAP government has no solution for people in your situation.

freeman
25-04-2010, 03:36 PM
IM 3 month of notice when you tender resignation.

Micron is heaven not suck big times....

TinTin130670
25-04-2010, 04:37 PM
IMF was force to be abandon during last year economy downturn, all staff except few was retrench i think :cool:......... guess now when economy pick up again they rehired again ........ ;) ..........

They just send out mails to ask those retrench to come back..& oso transfer 30% of workforce from Micron & TECH to IM Flash...:D
Americian company "Hire & Fire" Policy...see wat Seagate been doing these few yrs...:p

Cheers,
TinTin

samtan69
26-04-2010, 09:49 AM
it is joint venture with intel and micron. heard Micron sucks big time, management always bully ppl, long hours sweatshop.

does imflash follow micron culture? sorry i do not have frens there so just aking only

i'm one of those who joined IMFS in 2008 and got retrenched in end 2008.. spent about 6 months in usa for training but more like a holiday trip as towards the last couple of months, no mood to work liao..

back to your question of whether is it a good place to work?.. if under the old management, i would say yes.. but now not too sure, the previous ang mos are not coming back and they hired a new bunch of pple... and i heard quite a few are from TECH...

before you guys say TECH no good, in the past, the first few batches coming from TECH are sick of the TECH culture and wanted to start something new...
in a sense, it should be better than TECH..

with the restarting of IMFS, the pay they offer is not too good, just a slight increment from the old IMFS pay.. good for those who got a lower paying job after retrenchment but no good for those who managed to find a higher paying job or gotten good increment in the past year..

good or bad is how you look at it.. i think with the huge investment, the company will stay on for at least 10 years.. look at TECH, they are still doing well... so at least there will be job security..

btw, although Micron (MSA) pays 2 months bonus, the basic pay is a bit lower compared to Fab..

twinresist2
26-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Another one you can try is REC which do the solar PV.. not sure if the demand is that great though but i guess its here for a long time.