PDA

View Full Version : "MOrning Pi||S"

Blue_gal
06-04-2004, 01:20 AM
AnYOne Noe that Can We GEt This PILLS frm normal CLINCs? Any Side effectS? HOw high is the % of SUCH PILLS workS?

DOn't NOe anyone of U starts tis thread before OR Not.....if YeS, pls let mI know.... thk U

:confused:
BItCh BLue AUnt|e

SaFe
06-04-2004, 01:30 AM
I think you are referring to the Morning-after pills? I THINK u need to see a doctor to get this, i.e. not available over the counter. Here are some further info.

==============================================
Emergency contraception (also known as the morning-after pill) is a high dosage of the birth control pill. It is recommended to be used after sexual intercourse, over a period of 72 hours, to achieve the goal of preventing or ending pregnancy. There are three different ways birth control pills are currently being promoted for this use: progesterone alone, estrogen alone, or both of these artificial steroids together.

These are the same steroids found in the typical birth control pill.

Where did this idea come from?

The idea of emergency contraception—or a morning-after pill—is based on a theory. Under this theory, if a woman has sexual intercourse and fears she may be pregnant, she can take large doses of birth control pills. If in fact the woman is pregnant when she takes these birth control pills, the high dosage could act to kill her preborn child-a living human being. The only "emergency" in this case is the woman's fear of being pregnant.

There is no such thing as a specific morning-after pill, but rather double doses (or more) of existing birth control pills. Though no testing has been done to confirm the safety of these large doses of birth control pills for women, the Food and Drug Administration has approved this use.

How do emergency contraception/morning-after pills work?

The emergency contraceptive/morning-after pill has three possible ways in which it can work:

1. Ovulation is inhibited, meaning the egg will not be released;
2. The normal menstrual cycle is altered, delaying ovulation; or
3. It can irritate the lining of the uterus so that if the first and second actions fail, and the woman does become pregnant, the tiny baby boy or girl will die before he or she can actually attach to the lining of the uterus.
In other words, if the third action occurs, her body rejects the tiny baby and he or she will die. This is called a chemical abortion.

Abortion is an act of direct killing that takes the life of a tiny human being-a life that begins at fertilization.

Is it safe?

Here are some of the side effects:

nausea
vomiting
infertility
breast tenderness
ectopic pregnancy-can be life threatening
blood clot formation
Emergency contraception also offers no protection against sexually transmitted diseases including AIDS.

There are no long term studies to show whether women will be permanently damaged, or risk such diseases as cancer, from these chemicals being given in such high doses.

The oft-cited 74% effectiveness rate for Emergency Contraceptive Pills comes from a 1996 meta-analysis of ten clinical trials by Trussel et al. This percentage is the average of a range of effectiveness from 55.3% to 94.2%.

fugitivezzz
06-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Wow Bro, very detailed, thanx for the effort. I believe it would certainly help alot of people out there

Blue_gal
07-04-2004, 01:16 AM
THANKs for the info :)

read abt it ...overall it still seem not so tat SAFE..

but once u like doing RAW..u will not like the feeling of RUBBER inside u.... :(
wiLL hv to start to LIKE the RUBBERS liao~ if nOpe after every session wil hv to WORRY ...then it will not BE FUN anymore.....

SaFe
07-04-2004, 01:45 AM

but once u like doing RAW..u will not like the feeling of RUBBER inside u.... :(
wiLL hv to start to LIKE the RUBBERS liao~ if nOpe after every session wil hv to WORRY ...then it will not BE FUN anymore.....

Wan SAFE against pregnancy and still wanna do it RAW... then consider STERILIZATION lor... permanent solution. There were talks about temporary sterilization before, i.e. tying the tube, instead of cutting it off, so that can untie it later, but for that, I think the risks of getting pregnanat is still there.

CheoNemo
10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
if you want to do it without condom, try the method of calculating when is your safe period. Although it is not really recommended by doctor, but from my own personal experience, it is really quite foolproof especially if you have regular periods. Basically the safest interval to have sex without condom is about 5 to 7 days after your period ends. another safe interval is the 5 to 7 days before your period begins which may be quite difficult to guess unless you have regular periods. so this leave you with the other "unsafe" days to use other contraceptive such as condom. a program which may help you with this method of contraceptive is Femta which you can download from www.femta.com

Have been using this method for a few years already cos i also don't like the uncomfortable feeling of the condom in me. hope all this info helps!

Blue_gal
11-04-2004, 10:07 AM
if you want to do it without condom, try the method of calculating when is your safe period. Although it is not really recommended by doctor, but from my own personal experience, it is really quite foolproof especially if you have regular periods. Basically the safest interval to have sex without condom is about 5 to 7 days after your period ends. another safe interval is the 5 to 7 days before your period begins which may be quite difficult to guess unless you have regular periods. so this leave you with the other "unsafe" days to use other contraceptive such as condom. a program which may help you with this method of contraceptive is Femta which you can download from www.femta.com

Have been using this method for a few years already cos i also don't like the uncomfortable feeling of the condom in me. hope all this info helps!
thank U :)

asiancigar
11-04-2004, 11:04 AM

Hi Blue_girl,... the safest and most convenient method of contraceptive are:

1) POSTINOR - (2 little pills in blister pack 2 $6 per box), however, you have to buy it from your family doctor. Useage is 1 pill within 30mins to 12 hours of unprotected sex. No known side effects and can be taken up to 6 pills a week.

2) NORISTERDAT - a single injection that will last 3 months,... again you need to get jab from family doctor. Possible side effects are increase body volume i.e. breast, butt, underarms will gain some weight. Ideal if your BF says you are not 'bak chai' enough.

Hope this helps,... if not you can PM for more info.

Blue_gal
11-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi Blue_girl,... the safest and most convenient method of contraceptive are:

1) POSTINOR - (2 little pills in blister pack 2 $6 per box), however, you have to buy it from your family doctor. Useage is 1 pill within 30mins to 12 hours of unprotected sex. No known side effects and can be taken up to 6 pills a week.

2) NORISTERDAT - a single injection that will last 3 months,... again you need to get jab from family doctor. Possible side effects are increase body volume i.e. breast, butt, underarms will gain some weight. Ideal if your BF says you are not 'bak chai' enough.

Hope this helps,... if not you can PM for more info.Choice NO 1... seem gOod.. thank U... :)

asiancigar
11-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Most welcome Sis Blue Girl :cool:

Ashley_steph
23-04-2004, 02:03 AM

read this article at a clinic.
got this contraceptive sticker kinda thing tht stick on ur buttom. hhm, remember % is ard 90+++ u try asking any clinic. me also not very sure abt it. check le post ur findings here k?

bonker
02-05-2004, 11:56 PM
hmm perhaps 2 other methods you can consider is to take birth control pills on a regular basis, and to have an IUD ?

wanderer23
03-05-2004, 06:53 PM

Can't you get your partner to ejaculate outside you? That's what i usually do when making love to my girlfriends...never did like to use rubber... of course you'll have to trust their control that they can do that instead of coming inside you...

Seether
03-05-2004, 06:53 PM
I think the best way to do raw is the rythm method, combined with the withdrawal method.

since the typical menstrual cycle is over a period of 28 days, and that the days must be counted as soon as the menses start, it probably means that the "safe" time is anytime up to day 1 till day 15 *generally. day 1 is the day where the menses start* and day 18 to day 28 *this is where the uterus lining starts to die*

any time in between, either abstain, withdraw or use condoms. do be careful around day 12 though, because the sperm cell can live for a while in the oviducts itself.

so.. go chart it out. and if you need help to chart it out, take your temperature over the entire 28 day period *at the time you wake up* around the time where you ovulate, your temperature should increase by a bit.

hope this helped! :)

FatSpider
03-05-2004, 10:36 PM
why dont get a facial at the same time ;)

babe_hunter
05-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Most of the regular contraceptive pills/injections/patch will result in weight gain. If that is a concern, try Yasmin. It's a regular intake contraceptive pill that suppress prostagen at the same time preventing pregnancy. Ask for more info from your family doc.