PDA

View Full Version : Living in Bangkok!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

etct88
21-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello Bro Norice! No I never tried nor any of my GFs. "Tiffy" pills sounds like some type of party drug!

ha ha ha ha... something to do with 'Tiffany'.... and just be careful lo...:eek::D

knn...... think we all BTC one...:mad:

chanyboy
22-08-2010, 11:18 AM
aha..Norice.. u are hiding in this thread always..:D
I have been hiding for 8 mths too..:rolleyes:

Jackboy
22-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Hello,
currently it's rainy season in Bangkok and we're heading to the wettest month of the year! When sanuking don't forget to bring your umbrellas and condoms. I've been told that if you're sick with cold/flu go to Thai Pharmacy and ask for Tiffy pills, it works and cheap!

When I was there last friday night, the rain came about 8pm plus and didnt stop until 5am next morning. It was the same on Sat night too. Actually wanted to go RCA first before Hollywood. In the end skipped RCA and went directly to Hollywood. I caught the flu only when I touched down Singapore on Tuesday morning and was down for few days. Luckily did not fall ill when I was in BKK.
Thought could be the poor air circulation inside the Jetstar flight. Still prefer Tiger Airways.

norice
22-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Chanyboy,

WOW, great to hear from you, how's life? Too bad you can't go to Angeles City with me due to your current circumstances, I really missed partying with you and rest of the gang!

But life goes on so if you have change to visit BKK, just e-mail me and we can take a side trip to AC! Take care and save your money for early retirement!

norice
22-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Jackboy,

Your body's immune system was compromised due to excitement, lack of sleep and smoking! Also too much fooling around with girls, next time pace yourself! Ha ha ha ha ha

Jackboy
22-08-2010, 03:49 PM
And also too much booze, Shabushi, MK, Aka, green curry, red curry chicken, bbq street stuff etc.

OceanEleven
11-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Jackboy,

Your body's immune system was compromised due to excitement, lack of sleep and smoking! Also too much fooling around with girls, next time pace yourself! Ha ha ha ha ha

Any latest updates?? :D

cheonglah
07-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Hello,

Like I said earlier, "if you want to retire and enjoy your stay in Bangkok, you must have enough money to cover your expenditure!" My monthly budget is approximately 2,000 - 2,500 US Dollars! I hope that's enough to cover rent, utilities, cable/internet, travel, food, medical/dental, spa/massage and night life!

I already made an Excel budget spreadsheet so I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly expenses. After first quarter, I'll brief everyone, what's my actual expenses. My goal is to boom boom only 2 - 3 times a week!

Bro Norice, Good thread and good info on Bangkok living.
Did explore living in Bangkok before since cost of living is lower or about same as KL.
But decided against it cos extracurricular/ cheong/entertainment expenses will easily more than double the monthly budget :D :) I mean in Bangkok so many types and places to cheong so how to not cheong, hehe.

Tookie,

Also, you have to remember that if you want to use ATM machines in Bangkok, there wil be 150B service charge.

Yes yes, was shocked by the high fees. If it is only 150b that is OK but
if you take into account the fees for your own bank also, total fees is about 500 b.
Next time you do a with a withdrawal do balance enquiry. Then make the withdrawal and then check your balance enquiry again and you will find it is about 500b less. On a typical 4 to 6 days trip, will have to withdraw probably 3 to 4 times and that is 1500 to 2000 b enough for an ST. But still find it is more convenient than carrying foreign currency into Thailand :D
Just curious but what do you bros mostly do? Carry foreign cash in and then exchange at money changer or TT to tirak's acc and then get from her (which usually also includes some big commission fee for her ) ? :D

etct88
07-01-2011, 09:02 PM
......Just curious but what do you bros mostly do? Carry foreign cash in and then exchange at money changer or TT to tirak's acc and then get from her (which usually also includes some big commission fee for her ) ? :D

Always bring cash, and regulate. Avoid cashless means, which only mean spend more and pay more for the convenience. Also no sudden shock at the end of the month (payment time). best no tracks.:D

Air ticket paid, hotel pay on arrival, spend till no cash, vegetate in hotel and wait to go home.:p

TT to teerak's account? got to be mad!:eek:

Sabai_Sabai
31-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Good day to all horny stick like me,

Read from page 1 till end. Whoa... damn tired.

I am giving myself another 2-3 yrs. If cant find a partner in SG or Malaysia. Can start to think to move to Bangkok or even Bali.

My last last hope... can try Bangkok girl for life parnter.

Can any bro tell me what "555+" mean. saw in few post and keep scratching my head.

O. i could be in BKK coming National day long weekend. :)

Just want to remind anyone who is looking for a partner in a foreign country, watch out for your money, for example when buying a property, buy a condo, as it can be own by foreigners, do not open joint a/c, but instead give her money every month, this is to protect your retirement fund and also, when you smell something fishy, you can cut her off straight. Why am I saying this? My brother lost a fortune as he bought properties in his Philippino's wife and now the marriage got sour, and many farang lost their entire retirement funds, as they buy houses, cars under wife's name, and also bank a/c, always remember that justice is not on your side in a foreign country.

freezone
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Been reading abit here to get an idea of retiring in Bkk.
Didn't know it will cost about $2500/mt for full coverage=(meaning everything including a sex a month,) to live here or about $30,000/yr.
My previous info must be outdated as my impressions were alot less for a 3rd world place.

I'm assuming the rent would be the biggest monthly expense.

So, what kind of rents are you guys paying (assuming 1br apt)?

I saw online that some "service apts", I think its similar to a studio apt that was going for about $350-400/mt.

freezone
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
ATM fees have gone up quite a bit since my last visit here. Standard seems to be 150b/withdraw. With the set fees, To maximize the withdraw , what is the maximum bahts you can get from the ATM now.
I'm assuming not all banks and ATM give the same exchange rates. Which ones do you use that are the best. I seem to remember Citibank had good rates but their ATMs were not plentiful and hard to find in Bkk.

Thanks

norice
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM
freezone,

I use AEON ATM, no fees! Regarding maximum withdraw, it depends on your bank, mine, maximum withdraw is $600.00 per day!

In Ratchada, AEON ATM machine is located in basement and 2nd floor of Robinson Department Store.

norice
08-09-2011, 10:40 AM
freezone,

I've been living in Bangkok for approximately 1.7 years and based on monthly expense, the inflation rate is +20% from 2009! Also, one bedroom rate will depend on the size, I pay 19,000B a month for 46 square meter. Beside sex and entertainment, you must include cable tv fees, Internet, electricity, food expense, travel expense, clothing and medical/dental expense in your monthly budget! If you have girlfriend or mistress, that's another large sum of expenditure to add to your monthly budget!

If you want to live cheaply in Thailand, then move to Pattaya!

Good luck!

norice
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Sabai sabai,

Great advice! In Bangkok, it's not worth it to buy condo because construction workmanship is way below standard and overpriced!

BlueDragon193
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I've been living in Bangkok for approximately 1.7 years and based on monthly expense, the inflation rate is +20% from 2009! Also, one bedroom rate will depend on the size, I pay 19,000B a month for 46 square meter. Beside sex and entertainment, you must include cable tv fees, Internet, electricity, food expense, travel expense, clothing and medical/dental expense in your monthly budget! If you have girlfriend or mistress, that's another large sum of expenditure to add to your monthly budget!

If you want to live cheaply in Thailand, then move to Pattaya!

Good luck!

So, what is your average total monthly expenses.??

pooker
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
So, what is your average total monthly expenses.??

This question is very subjective, it really depends on a person's financial capability but as an average if your thinking of retirement or relocating to BKK, then i would say prepare to spend about 6000-10000 per month on rental for a room + all the utilities(Provided these are not located around the prime area, places u can consider are On Nut, Ratchada aka Rachadapisek, Rama 3) These places are still quite easy to navigate and are easy accessible by MRT or BTS. I would say a person needs about another 30000-50000 baht allocated for everything else, food + spending + just enough for a few times of fun per month. So in a nutshell a person will problably need to spend about 40000 baht min to survive in BKK.
I am used to rent a 1 bedroom apartment at Asoke for 25000 per month, but 3 years ago i bought a 2 bedroom condo :Noble Ora Condo Thong lo so i no longer rent anywhere.
Sabai sabai,

Great advice! In Bangkok, it's not worth it to buy condo because construction workmanship is way below standard and overpriced!

I am a Property Consultant working with Developers all over S.E.A. so i think your comment is very biased and baseless, there are so many developers all over BKK, and there are many international Developers working Thai locals to develop Fantastic, new age, fashionable and appreatiative properties all over BKK. If your looking for peanuts, u get peanuts !!Budget yourself a little more and one might find something quite nice and at a bargain in BKK. How many places are there in the world where u drop 2-3M baht to buy an 1 bedroom apartment and expect to get 10000 baht per month as a rental. There are many beautiful projects with fantastic workmanship all over BKK. There are many that are overpriced but the Rental return in high end condos or property are actually very alluring. We are are talking about min 6-12 percent returns if your find the right place and manage to rent to right people.Look around and study the market well and u might find a lot of gems. If you have a higher budget then feel free to PM me and i will recommend u a few places(Min 10 M baht ++)

Didn't know it will cost about $2500/mt for full coverage=(meaning everything including a sex a month,) to live here or about $30,000/yr.
My previous info must be outdated as my impressions were alot less for a 3rd world place.

I saw online that some "service apts", I think its similar to a studio apt that was going for about $350-400/mt.

Depends on your budget, why dun u tell me your budget per month in baht and i can recommend you a few places around BKK.

travelcraze88
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM

I'.

To start with, I think Bangkok like many other big Asian citys is No more a third city and No more third world price any longer especially with the USD falling like a dominoes against many asian currencies.

For third world price, you may like to consider Cheng Mai. Pattaya etc......Hehe.

Rental is definitely not the biggest portion of your expenditure. Your daily style is. Where you eat ? what you eat ? where you drink and party , frequency ? etc. It's all depend on the type of lifestyle you like to live. Budget or luxury ?

If you are serious, I suggest you PM to Norice he will be able to give you a fuller picture.

norice
08-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Poker,

Ok, I stand corrected, there are only 3 real-estate developers with excellent construction workmanship! I've been told by many wealthy investors that only condos built by those 3 developers are worth buying and I'll stand by my statement!

I'm not biased, regarding this topic, I only speak the truth! Don't make me laugh, do you have an engineer background? Lot's of my friends' condos have walls that are cracking, leaking, floors are uneven and sinking and plumbing fixtures are need to be changed within 6 months , I can go on and on! The bottom line is don't buy condos in Thailad due to over priced and terrible construction workmanship! I bet my life to it!!!

le113ru
08-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Poker,

Ok, I stand corrected, there are only 3 real-estate developers with excellent construction workmanship! I've been told by many wealthy investors that only condos built by those 3 developers are worth buying and I'll stand by my statement!

I'm not biased, regarding this topic, I only speak the truth! Don't make me laugh, do you have an engineer background? Lot's of my friends' condos have walls that are cracking, leaking, floors are uneven and sinking and plumbing fixtures are need to be changed within 6 months , I can go on and on! The bottom line is don't buy condos in Thailad due to over priced and terrible construction workmanship! I bet my life to it!!!

yeah...this is so true. when owner takes over new condo, everything seems so perfect. all the defects will only start surfacing after living in the unit for some time. some may pop up in a few weeks, some months later and some take years.

workmanship can be quite different for 2 units in the same condo! depend on whether the workers doing your unit are 'skilled'. so sometimes its your luck too.

naemlo
08-09-2011, 08:26 PM

All depends on your life style. There is no fix rule how much each needs to spend.

For me, I will need about 3k. Accommodation, car, food, entertainment, everything in. If I dun stay in Condo, just normal apartment or without car take public, I will spending less than 2k per month, maybe about 1.5k.

pooker
08-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Poker,

Lol Only 3 Developers that u deem worthy in the WHOLE of THAILAND, Your either very ignorant or full of yourself to think that The whole nation of Thailand is only capable of producing 3 Good Developers. Just because your friends have holes crackiing, floors uneven etc etc does not mean that all developers are shady. There are many developers that are trying to change that outlook by hiring international Contractors, Architects, Civil engineers to Property Consultants to counter this problem. The government is even encouraging Developers to go green and to build safe. Rules and regulations are toughening up in Thailand and everything takes time !!!

You are entitled to your ignorant opinion and judgement about properties in Thailand and judging by the way you talk, i doubt u can even afford to buy one in your own country so why bother talking about property overseas.

Please note that i do agree that there are quite a few shady developers and there are many stories but i do see the government setting new laws and regulations and implementing them as we speak. They know its a problem and they know if they do not improve, foreign investment in that sector will cease to exist.

Last but not least I am not an Engineer, I am a Civil Engineer, graduated top class from UCB(I doubt you will even know where this is without Google-ing) so yes i am qualified to back up my claim, i am not just a belligerent idiot opening his mouth preaching to world about bad real estate in BKK(The irony is he problably doesn't even own any of his own) !!!

Would love to hear what other crap your gonna claim !
Bring it Dude, kinda stressed lately so this is highly entertaining !!
Next topic lets discuss about buying vegetables and fruits from Indonesia and Malaysia ! Would love to see what you think on that ?

pooker
08-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Poker,

Lot's of my friends' condos have walls that are cracking, leaking, floors are uneven and sinking and plumbing fixtures are need to be changed within 6 months , I can go on and on! The bottom line is don't buy condos in Thailad due to over priced and terrible construction workmanship! I bet my life to it!!!

Seems to me your friends are buying cheap properties, probably around Ratchada for the price of 3.5 M baht and below. If you want nice properties, invest in bigger and more well known developers. There is no such thing as cheap and nice in this world !! You probably dun understand wat is Property investment or Rental returns of you wouldnt have said wat u said !! Wow i seem to bicker a lot !!

If there are serious people looking for nice investment in BKK with Reputable Developers then simply PM me and i will intro you to a few that i have enlisted that offers 100 % rental return of of up to 8 % for 2 years after completion. Please not that these properties are all located at Prime location so the pricing is at least 10 M onwards. There are a lot of Expats in BKK these past few years so the property sector of leasing has been blooming, plus speculation so it is a very good time to invest !! You dont have to pm me or go through me, i am not an agent, just wanted to set things straight ! Take a look for yourself and judge for yourself !

Nonteerak2553
08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
To start with, I think Bangkok like many other big Asian citys is No more a third city and No more third world price any longer especially with the USD falling like a dominoes against many asian currencies.

For third world price, you may like to consider Cheng Mai. Pattaya etc......Hehe.

Residing peacefully in CNX without need to think about budget on where to party every weekend. :p

acmilan
08-09-2011, 10:57 PM

LOL, living in bangkok without ECA (extracurricular activities i.e. cheonging) is cheap. 40000b per mth (about S$1600) enough basically 20000b for nice apartment or small hotel pay long term bulk price. Another 20000b to food, transport etc.
If you want to cheong, then with S$2500 which is about 60,000b you have about 20,000b left for cheonging per mth. That is equivalent to
10 ST at 2000b per ST or
5 to 7 LT at about 3000K to 4000b per LT
or if you don't mind being mongamous get a gik/ gf or part time wife for 20000b which may end up being much more when you later get extra bills from her for "buffalo", "renovation of parents house", "milk for buffalo kids", "food for pets of parent's friend's son's friend" etc
In a cheong paradise like BKK, the cheong expenses is easily more than your monthly living expenses.
An East Asian expat friend here who has gf says his monthly expenses is about USD4K to 5K per mth and he does not cheong that much.

When first went to BKK few years ago to stay for few months vacation, just all hell break loose in paradise- first 2 months spend about USD9000 per mth. In those days USD was stronger and USD1=35+ baht unlike now only 30b
Of that only about 25% was for hotel, food, transport and another 25% was drinks/party/discos/clubs/bars/pool and remaining 50% was cheong expenses. Almost every day, 1LT or 2ST. After 2months, cannot tahan and scale down drastically. But for sure those first 2 mths was simply awesome vacation, everyday start drink/party/cheong from noon till next morning. When I hit jackpot, tell myself will put aside just USD 1 million and can cheong everyday for 10 years continuously. Die cock standing :D :)

acmilan
08-09-2011, 11:06 PM

LOL, living in bangkok without ECA (extracurricular activities i.e. cheonging) is cheap. 40000b per mth (about S$1600) enough basically 20000b for nice apartment or small hotel pay long term bulk price. Another 20000b to food, transport etc.
If you want to cheong, then with S$2500 which is about 60,000b you have about 20,000b left for cheonging per mth. That is equivalent to
10 ST at 2000b per ST or
5 to 7 LT at about 3000K to 4000b per LT
or if you don't mind being mongamous get a gik/ gf or part time wife for 20000b which may end up being much more when you later get extra bills from her for "buffalo", "renovation of parents house", "milk for buffalo kids", "food for pets of parent's friend's son's friend" etc
In a cheong paradise like BKK, the cheong expenses is easily more than your monthly living expenses.
An East Asian expat friend here who has gf says his monthly expenses is about USD4K to 5K per mth and he does not cheong that much.

When first went to BKK few years ago to stay for few months vacation, just all hell break loose in paradise- first 2 months spend about USD9000 per mth. In those days USD was stronger and USD1=35+ baht unlike now only 30b
Of that only about 25% was for hotel, food, transport and another 25% was drinks/party/discos/clubs/bars/pool and remaining 50% was cheong gals expenses. Almost every day, 1LT or 2ST. After 2months, cannot tahan and scale down drastically. But for sure those first 2 mths was simply awesome vacation, everyday start drink/party/cheong from noon till next morning. When I hit jackpot, tell myself will put aside just USD 1 million and can cheong everyday for 10 years continuously. Die cock standing :D :)

norice
09-09-2011, 03:50 AM
acmilan,

I'm envious of your stamina! You really know how to enjoy life and have a great time in Bangkok!

norice
09-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Bluedragon,

My monthly budget fluctuate from $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 per month with substantial amount of saving to purchase a condo but I'll never buy in Thailand due to awful construction workmanship! I wish, I can retire in Singapore and buy a condo but I can't afford to invest 700,000 Sing dollar in Singapore economy!

Just remember that inflation is hitting us bigtime in Bangkok!

freezone
09-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Thank you guys for all your thoughtful replies.

I stand corrected. I always assumed the highest single cost will be accomodations but if the sex factor was thrown in then I can see why this will tip the scale.
As Pattaya seems to be a bargain compare to Bkk, why haven't you guys considered relocating there. Don't get me wrong as I've been there many times and the beach sucks but so do the girls:D
Food's not bad there and more of a hunter's paradise within easy reach of almost everywhere with the 10b bus ride.

Almost forgot, do they have an Aeon ATM upon arrival at the new BKK airport?
Thanks again guys.

Cheers

norice
09-09-2011, 09:21 AM
freezone,

No AEON ATM in the airport. Pattaya is cheaper but Bangkok has lot to offer.

ives08
09-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Die cock standing

notice bro

wish you all the best in this man.... Respect your vision. Hahaah....

naemlo
09-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Almost forgot, do they have an Aeon ATM upon arrival at the new BKK airport?
Thanks again guys.

Only K n SC bank can be found in airport. I can't find BKK ATM.... guess BKK bank did not contribute to the social fund. :D

High till Dry
10-09-2011, 01:22 AM
every month i am sending $ to bkk and my thai wife and child can survive with a monthly budget of 15k baht.

Let me give u the breakdown:
apartment with aircon @ meng jai- 3.8k baht
utilities- 300 baht
milk powder- 2k baht
diapers- 1k baht
medical exp- 1k baht
food-6k baht
transport and mobile phone- less than 1k baht

pooker
10-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Moreover you called me an idiot, at least I'm not a cock sucking fag like you!

Asshole!!!

Hey bhra,

You're so full of shit , I got to pinch my nose so I won't gag! I'm worth approximately $876,000.00, that's why I retired early from USA! Also owned one condo in Waikiki Beach and one 4 bedroom house in Las Vegas! How's your financial situation, you reminds me of an uneducated gay used car salesman!

Ufa Mea!

A loser just pm me 2 worthless rant of a message to me !!
He wanted to clarify/declare his worth to me and even resorted to name calling like a little kid.
U can really tell a person's character base on their response to negativity,the way they post or talk cock.
U all decide about this loser of a character !
Things were getting boring so i decide to share with u all with these little Snip Its !!!

Get a freaking real life dude and stop living in your fantasy world !!

pooker
10-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Btw i was zapped so i wonder which "cock sucking fag" did it !!
Ahhh u made my day with your idiotic ignorant attempt at a comeback !!:)

samsam13
10-09-2011, 03:55 AM
first 2 months spend about USD9000 per mth.

salute to bro acmilan! :eek:

norice
10-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Naemlo,

Do you know "Compound Kaempferia Parviflora"? Read my post in Bangkok Field Report!

ives08
10-09-2011, 10:19 AM
every month i am sending $ to bkk and my thai wife and child can survive with a monthly budget of 15k baht.

Let me give u the breakdown:
apartment with aircon @ meng jai- 3.8k baht
utilities- 300 baht
milk powder- 2k baht
diapers- 1k baht
medical exp- 1k baht
food-6k baht
transport and mobile phone- less than 1k baht

HTD bro...

She did not cook up more stories for adhoc fund?
that's a gem!

norice
10-09-2011, 11:19 AM
High till dry,

You deserve points for being a nice guy, your wife must be very happy! What about your mia noi, she deserve some financial assistance too!

High till Dry
10-09-2011, 01:00 PM
HTD bro...

She did not cook up more stories for adhoc fund?
that's a gem!

generally she is quite thrifty and looks after my pocket.

High till Dry
10-09-2011, 01:05 PM
High till dry,

You deserve points for being a nice guy, your wife must be very happy! What about your mia noi, she deserve some financial assistance too!

mia noi mai mii na. mii mia luang kon dio :D

norice
10-09-2011, 03:15 PM
High till dry,

Translation please

F-boy
10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Living in Bangkok is the same as sinkieland....you got the most luxurious to the most cheap depending on what you can afford or budget.
Here in sinkieland we have people surviving living in 1 room flats and those living in sentosa cove as well.

Assuming everyone here is talking about the same level of living similar to sinkieland then. For SGD 1k you can have the same lifestyle as a sinkie hdb dweller creature comforts....Similar to a salaried worker of maybe 3500. Infact a more better lifestyle as you can take taxi as basic transport and not squeeze in the buses here. You can get rent a nice studio apartment, image how much would one here costs? You can afford to eat out in restaurants sometimes unlike sinkieland where you only can afford hawker centers. For the sex factor you can afford to get better grade there at cheaper rate, or similar to here you can find a Gf or go disco to pick up....much higher success compare to here when you roam the nightspots also.

BlueDragon193
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Only K n SC bank can be found in airport. I can't find BKK ATM.... guess BKK bank did not contribute to the social fund. :D

Bkk bank is locate at the airport public bus station.

High till Dry
10-09-2011, 05:32 PM
High till dry,

Translation please

no mistress, only got a yellow faced wife

High till Dry
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Living in Bangkok is the same as sinkieland....you got the most luxurious to the most cheap depending on what you can afford or budget.
Here in sinkieland we have people surviving living in 1 room flats and those living in sentosa cove as well.

u r right bro. it really depends what kind of lifestyle u wanna live. i've seen a one room apartment being shared by 4 to 5 people. every month they paid less than 1k baht on rental. 2 simple meals with public transport will not exceed 100 baht per day.

ultimately is up to u to choose a hiso or loso life. i belongs to the latter :o

d'Artagnan
23-09-2011, 09:14 AM

Your analysis sums it up. But facts are a fresh grad in BKK from a good U like Chula commands about THB20-40K per month. In SG from NUS you can start about SGD5K.

quality of life can't be measured :)

Nonteerak2553
23-09-2011, 09:42 AM
After countless of trips in recent years and 2 months resident in Krung Thep, before migrate to CNX, YES Krung Thep is similar to sillypore standard, compare to the amount I spent at Krung Thep, I can afford to spend leisurely or "Sabai Sabai" here in CNX.

Taking a cab from Thong lor soi sip, to Nonthaburi, Bangkuay is like paying from my house to Orchard Tower, and best thing some honest taxi driver go by short cut way, which is cheaper by 80 baht compare to those who just wanna to earn 80baht more by going longer route then usual.

But one thing for sure the ladies here is X 100 better then what Butterfactory or Zouk has. :p

naemlo
23-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Your analysis sums it up. But facts are a fresh grad in BKK from a good U like Chula commands about THB20-40K per month. In SG from NUS you can start about SGD5K.

Which job earns a NUS fresh grad 5k or chula 40k? I will get my kid to study the required course. :eek:

ahbengsony
23-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Which job earns a NUS fresh grad 5k or chula 40k? I will get my kid to study the required course. :eek:
-----
Not sure abt Thai standard but over here, NUS or NTU at best 2800-3000 . Dont believe those newspapers saying big figures.

Out of curiosity, i have seen PRC grads trying to impress in china but in Thailand, do they go the extra miles ? :D

naemlo
23-09-2011, 12:52 PM
-----
Not sure abt Thai standard but over here, NUS or NTU at best 2800-3000 . Dont believe those newspapers saying big figures.

I am also surprised a fresh grad getting 5k SGD.

Out of curiosity, i have seen PRC grads trying to impress in china but in Thailand, do they go the extra miles ? :D

This I dunno. Let me try to employ 1 personal assistance and see how they go extra miles.... :D

cheonglah
23-09-2011, 04:41 PM

Aiya, he is member of 3 Musketeers so just simply shoot his mouth off (I mean hand) before processing with brain. :D

Jackco
24-09-2011, 09:33 AM
anyone want to meet up in bkk for a drink or club to pick up?

im travelling solo there on oct 1-4

pm me:)

norice
25-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Warning:

Just a friendly reminder that you can't eat or perform oral service on girls for 9 days due to Vegetarian Festival in Bangkok!

Several cute girls from Rainbow 4, Tilac, Shark and Baccara gogos are wearing special panties with stop sign on their genital area!

ives08
25-09-2011, 03:20 AM
I am also surprised a fresh grad getting 5k SGD.

I think d'Artagnan bro is referring to the top 3% of the grads - which does not represent the actual population.

But a high average starting pay should be like what ahbengsony bro mentioned.

For Thailand, the annual bonus is quite high I think depending on which industies you are in. One of my decent Thai OL friend who works in the automobile line (not a sales role) got 6 months bonus last year - her first job and first bonus. She said Thai grad if possible want to work in oil&gas industry, next automobile.

Of cos she is only one sample Thai grad. And this cannot represent the true picture.

Ultraone
25-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I think d'Artagnan bro is referring to the top 3% of the grads - which does not represent the actual population.

But a high average starting pay should be like what ahbengsony bro mentioned.

For Thailand, the annual bonus is quite high I think depending on which industies you are in. One of my decent Thai OL friend who works in the automobile line (not a sales role) got 6 months bonus last year - her first job and first bonus. She said Thai grad if possible want to work in oil&gas industry, next automobile.

Of cos she is only one sample Thai grad. And this cannot represent the true picture.
The problem is can the graduate find a job in the first place with their degree.
I have thai friends who graduated and cannot find jobs befitting their degree for few years and even one with US degree work as ground crew for one of the thai airlines being paid peanuts.

monger007
27-09-2011, 05:55 AM
this is the sad situation in bkk now same as taipei. Uni grad but can't find decent paying job. entry level 10-12k if lucky... unless parents rich and powerful.
I have some friends no choice but to ask more money from their poor parents and get MBA.
How many fellow bros have female friends in bkk that always kena harass at office?

foursquare
27-09-2011, 09:06 AM
my friend in the finance industry who is an expat there maks about 100k baht per month. he speculates that normal thai grads make at least 15k a month. the ones who went to better established schools can command 25-30k

he also says if someone earns about 60k baht a month as a local, can afford a condo and a car...easily (those are his words)

gsk721g
27-09-2011, 09:43 AM
this is the sad situation in bkk now same as taipei. Uni grad but can't find decent paying job. entry level 10-12k if lucky... unless parents rich and powerful.
I have some friends no choice but to ask more money from their poor parents and get MBA.
How many fellow bros have female friends in bkk that always kena harass at office?
This is the reason why at the end of the day, everyone should strive to work for him or herself. It is time to "rescue" the Thai mei meis from their harassment by giving them an opportunity to work for themselves or have multiple streams of income.

coolrhino
27-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I also wanna enjoy like you guys but i guess i'm just too young and anyway i hope that next time when i go BKK can meet up with you all this type of lao jiao that would be fun!!

naemlo
27-09-2011, 06:27 PM
It is time to "rescue" the Thai mei meis from their harassment by giving them an opportunity to work for themselves or have multiple streams of income.

I am waiting for u to rescue me :D

ives08
27-09-2011, 06:30 PM
This is the reason why at the end of the day, everyone should strive to work for him or herself. It is time to "rescue" the Thai mei meis from their harassment by giving them an opportunity to work for themselves or have multiple streams of income.

but not all bro here have deep pockets like you gsk721g...
How to resuce meimeis... Hahaha....

you are absolutely right. Most of the average entry banking job is asking for MBA in Bangkok. One of my Thai friends going UK fo MBA. One Taiwan friends going USA. Problem is that there are too many subpar universities that take in lousy students. Only those from the elite ones are getting the job. Oh well, that's life.

naemlo
27-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Problem is that there are too many subpar universities that take in lousy students. Only those from the elite ones are getting the job.

MBA students can get job with slight higher pay. Take an example, my friend got her MBA, works in HP and now getting 25k, 10k better than her local peers.

gsk721g
27-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I am waiting for u to rescue me :D
Ha ha, don't say that bro. You are doing much better than me.

Will share opportunities with all bros here as long as i come across them. After all, we want to live long and prosper together.

Oh yes, am going to book tic to BKK tonite as i have emergency meeting in BKK again coming weekend.

Hope to catch up with some bros over a drink or two.

naemlo
27-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh yes, am going to book tic to BKK tonite as i have emergency meeting in BKK again coming weekend.

See u this weekend. :D

ahchipalia2
27-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi all been reading threads of Bangkok but can't find any website for booking...
Any kind soul willing to help and share? Lol... Going crazy in the hotel.. =\
Sorry if I'm asking newbie question...

Bebertov
27-09-2011, 11:03 PM

See ya this weekend too bro...:D

naemlo
27-09-2011, 11:19 PM

So no need to buy flower... ??? :D

BlueDragon193
27-09-2011, 11:31 PM

Me also want to meet.;)

sony716
27-09-2011, 11:33 PM

me 3 also want to meet.:D

Bebertov
27-09-2011, 11:40 PM
So no need to buy flower... ???
Wanted to surprise her with a bouquet of roses before going down... It's ok bro .. If u free just get it ... Up to u lor :D
Me also want to meet.;)
Mai.. Later u poke my ass.. I scared dragon some more yours blue dragon .. Later my ass pain pain ... :D
me 3 also want to meet.D

You siapa?? Never see you b4...are you that guy who sell deh bak at that Chinatown market.... Just nice 4ppl can play mahjong... :p

BlueDragon193
28-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Mai.. Later u poke my ass.. I scared dragon some more yours blue dragon .. Later my ass pain pain ... :D

I don't do that and I leave it to our arjan naemlo who loves it.:)

Bebertov
28-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't do that and I leave it to our arjan naemlo who loves it.:)

Ok ok see ya this weekend ... Most probably sunday when my beloved spurs take on arsenal in that Match... We can all come out for a drink or 2 :D

BlueDragon193
28-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Ok ok see ya this weekend ... Most probably sunday when my beloved spurs take on arsenal in that Match... We can all come out for a drink or 2 :D

Sunday, I will be leaving for Pattaya.

Bebertov
28-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Sunday, I will be leaving for Pattaya.

Saturday will be good then bro... See ya... Airport rate good ??? Superrich quite far from where I stay .. What u think?? If rate good I still can afford hor treat u a drink lor.. Otherwise u can only share my nam som with me .. :D

sojo
28-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Saturday will be good then bro... See ya... Airport rate good ??? Superrich quite far from where I stay .. What u think?? If rate good I still can afford hor treat u a drink lor.. Otherwise u can only share my nam som with me .. :D

Where are you stAying this time?
You dont know orange juice is exp in bkk meh. Eugene will know.

sony716
28-09-2011, 12:37 AM

Juices Are Good bro..:D All Time Fav:p

Bebertov
28-09-2011, 12:41 AM
55555 that's a good one bro.... But don't look down on him now ok.. He can down 1 glass of chivas but mix 95% cola lor... Not yet book most probably stay at gm ... :D will I get to drink with u this weekend?
Juices Are Good bro.. All Time Fav:p

Excuse me Sir , you mean puying juices ??? Don't know that u can paint well.. Surprise indeed:eek: your tirac must be 1 hell of a wet puying.... :D

sojo
28-09-2011, 12:46 AM
55555 that's a good one bro.... But don't look down on him now ok.. He can down 1 glass of chivas but mix 95% cola lor... Not yet book most probably stay at gm ... :D will I get to drink with u this weekend?

:D

How long will u be there for? If im there i will contact.

Bebertov
28-09-2011, 12:49 AM
How long will u be there for? If im there i will contact.

Going off on Monday... Can't afford to stay long cos not enough Vit M bro... :D but after that might come again during weekend...:D

sojo
28-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Going off on Monday... Can't afford to stay long cos not enough Vit M bro... :D but after that might come again during weekend...:D

no vitamin M still can fly so many times =P
You havnt tell me whos eugene girl which im very familiar with. I don't remember who im familar with le haha

gsk721g
28-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi bros, am free Sat as meeting clients on Fri & Sun (what a drag!).

Hope we can tcss together in BKK.

Bebertov
29-09-2011, 04:55 AM
no vitamin M still can fly so many times =P
You havnt tell me whos eugene girl which im very familiar with. I don't remember who im familar with le haha

Bro r u kidding me ?? You'll the guy who bring me to my first agogo bar... And once you go in , all the puying fly to you like bee to Honey ... :D hint : you went disco w her before... If u still can't recall , I don't know what to say...:(

sojo
29-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Bro r u kidding me ?? You'll the guy who bring me to my first agogo bar... And once you go in , all the puying fly to you like bee to Honey ... :D hint : you went disco w her before... If u still can't recall , I don't know what to say...:(

ok got it, surprised!:eek:

ives08
29-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Some long time old-flame ah?

sony716
29-09-2011, 02:43 PM

:confused::confused:

Bebertov
29-09-2011, 02:43 PM
U sure u got it bro?? Another hint ... Her name start with the letter J ...
Some long time old-flame ah?

yes last live lover ... Continue to this live cos unfinished bonk n business during the last life bro:D

sojo
29-09-2011, 02:54 PM
U sure u got it bro?? Another hint ... Her name start with the letter J ...

yeah got it.

I will ask her about it when i go haha. Have fun!

sony716
29-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Haha ltr i drink juice let u see again =\
yeah got it.
I will ask her about it when i go haha. Have fun!

:eek:U knoe who meh :p

ives08
29-09-2011, 06:23 PM
yes last live lover ... Continue to this live cos unfinished bonk n business during the last life bro:D

Bebertov bro
wa... Last life so smart ah. Brought her to pray at the grand palace izzit.
This life better also leh... Might have unfinished biz again... Hahahha...

Bebertov
29-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Bebertov bro
wa... Last life so smart ah. Brought her to pray at the grand palace izzit.
This life better also leh... Might have unfinished biz again... Hahahha...

Hiaz... My mood is just now the weather now in bkk... Rain rain rain ... :( one of the bros say that when I come it rains .....Rain rain go away , come again when I go back...:(

naemlo
29-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Hiaz... My mood is just now the weather now in bkk... Rain rain rain ... :( one of the bros say that when I come it rains .....Rain rain go away , come again when I go back...:(

Mai talking abt me in the forum hor :D

sojo
29-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Maybe will flood then =P

Bebertov
30-09-2011, 12:27 AM
It is you I'm talking about ... Since u r so sincere in admitting it .. I'll give u a chance to repent ... I'm easy , just get me goats milk and all will be forgotten.. :D
Maybe will flood then =P

Sorry to disappoint u bro.. When I step into sukhumvit , the heavy rain just stop as if heaven knew I'm coming... :D

ives08
06-10-2011, 07:09 PM
My Thai friend said that flood might be coming to bkk soon. The news mentioned that the dam might be not able to cope with the rising water.

She jokingly ask if can stay my house if the flood comes.
Haha...

So bros in bkk better buy a boat just incase ... =p

Bebertov
07-10-2011, 09:21 AM
yeah got it.

I will ask her about it when i go haha. Have fun! when exact day drop by bkk.. Stay same apt?

Suppose you are now at sg ... Any plans? Want follow me up to cruise ?

sojo
07-10-2011, 03:16 PM
when exact day drop by bkk.. Stay same apt?

Not going this month, initially had to travel up to ayuthaya for some projects but flooding le. So postponed till situation gets better maybe nov. Suits me well, weather is great end of year and theres a beer fest going on.

Bebertov
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
My Thai friend said that flood might be coming to bkk soon. The news mentioned that the dam might be not able to cope with the rising water.

She jokingly ask if can stay my house if the flood comes.
Haha...

So bros in bkk better buy a boat just incase ... =p ermm , bro if your house cant let her stay for some reason do contact me and I am more than willing to help... :p when can I meet up w you in bkk bro ... I need your assist to score ...

Not going this month, initially had to travel up to ayuthaya for some projects but flooding le. So postponed till situation gets better maybe nov. Suits me well, weather is great end of year and theres a beer fest going on.

Wanna go on Halloween nite? It will be fun isn't it ... :D

acmilan
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
ermm , bro if your house cant let her stay for some reason do contact me and I am more than willing to help... :p when can I meet up w you in bkk bro ... I need your assist to score ...

Me too, she can stay with me also but must not be CMI standard hehe,
Would like to also meet our top scorer in BKK so he can show us how to score. ACMilan doing badly in Serie A so need to score more, hehe :D:D I am sure many bros here would like to meet this top scorer to see him score so bros can arrange sbf meetup for him when he comes to BKK :D

Bebertov
09-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Me too, she can stay with me also but must not be CMI standard hehe,
Would like to also meet our top scorer in BKK so he can show us how to score. ACMilan doing badly in Serie A so need to score more, hehe :D:D I am sure many bros here would like to meet this top scorer to see him score so bros can arrange sbf meetup for him when he comes to BKK :D

Hello bro, who is doing more badly , Bebertov or ac milan ?? Bebertov need to score more too... That time I nearly met him in bkk le but.....:D

acmilan
11-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Hello bro, who is doing more badly , Bebertov or ac milan ?? Bebertov need to score more too... That time I nearly met him in bkk le but.....:D

Hehe, ok will let you meet him so he can help you score more. But likely turn out other way around-you help him score instead LOL :D
BTW, what happened to your rep points, tot I up your rep other day to return your favor but your rep points seem same. Something wrong with rep system. :)

Bebertov
11-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Hehe, ok will let you meet him so he can help you score more. But likely turn out other way around-you help him score instead LOL :D
BTW, what happened to your rep points, tot I up your rep other day to return your favor but your rep points seem same. Something wrong with rep system. :)

Hiyah whoever score also Mai pearn nai ... I think he scare of us alr cos got 2 tiko bros here aim his friend ... 55555.. Yeah thanks for your upz bro .. That day I go quote someone in tagged post and Kenna zap by boss for off tropic lor.. Nvm la.. Can't return u 4 goals now cos upz you before.. Cheers !!!!:D

acmilan
11-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Hiyah whoever score also Mai pearn nai ... I think he scare of us alr cos got 2 tiko bros here aim his friend ... 55555.. Yeah thanks for your upz bro .. That day I go quote someone in tagged post and Kenna zap by boss for off tropic lor.. Nvm la.. Can't return u 4 goals now cos upz you before.. Cheers !!!!:D

LOL, I tot someone else zapped you or the system forgot to register points.
Don't worry about points. Points cannot change for bonks or hotel room or airtickets or condoms right? so don't need a lot of points :D
Pulling his legs lah why he so scared? We don't need to aim his friend- too many gals in BKK to aim and not enough bullets, hehe :D :D

travelcraze88
11-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Is Bangkok going be flooded this weekends ?
If so to what extend ?

Is Suhkumvit, Nana, Rachada or Erawan area going to be under water ?

Looks like no one in the Thai gov attempt to answer this.

What's you guys opinion ? Which is a safer area to stay in Bangkok for the weekends ?

Many thanks.

gsk721g
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes bro, better stay in Bangkok. High ground if possible. I cancelled my biz trip for Bangkok for next week. For your info, even F&N Thailand (drink company) factory also stopped operations liao. Flood is expected to be bad at least for next 5 - 10 days.

modusoperandi
12-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Just a heads up to you guys in this thread that I have been living in BKK for 2+ years now. I live at the end of the Bang Sue line and go to Ratchada to get my plumbing worked on from time to time. If any bros here want to hang out sometime let me know. ;)

chameleon589
13-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Reported in the Thai press that crucial periods of whether BKK will be flooded will be from 15-10-11 to 18-10-11.If BKK survived from the flood after 18-10-11,life in BKK will resume as normal on 19-10-11 and brothers can cheong BKK again safely.
Khop Khun Kap !

Alf1977
13-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Heard they r preparing in the event there is flood..

Maybe it's retribution from god for thai girls are so slutty and destroy families.

Hope Korat will also be flooded since that place is also filled with free slutty sluts with loose holes for unlimited free fuxks!

Bebertov
13-10-2011, 09:05 AM

Maybe it's retribution from god for thai girls are so slutty and destroy families.

Hope Korat will also be flooded since that place is also filled with free slutty sluts with loose holes for unlimited free fuxks!

Just a reminder , it takes two hands to clap... If we man don't think by our small head , can they invade us and destroy whatever we have ? Since china also fill with woman that destroy families in sg , should that place also be flooded ? The way you put it sound as if we man are the saints and those women are the sinners ... Reap what you sow ... No offence to you bro , just my two cents worth . :)

FeiGohGoh
13-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Just a reminder , it takes two hands to clap... If we man don't think by our small head , can they invade us and destroy whatever we have ? Since china also fill with woman that destroy families in sg , should that place also be flooded ? The way you put it sound as if we man are the saints and those women are the sinners ... Reap what you sow ... No offence to you bro , just my two cents worth . :)

Well said brudder, that's not the right kind of mindset when natural disaster strikes and kill many innocent people. Cannot imagine if he ever becomes someone in high places. :eek:

Bebertov
13-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Well said brudder, that's not the right kind of mindset when natural disaster strikes and kill many innocent people. Cannot imagine if he ever becomes someone in high places. :eek:
Be it china, thai or viet WL or FL , I have nothing against them and only sweet memories of them.. If bro Alf1977 think by his big head rather than his small head , he won't make so much noise here today .. Come again , how many of us bros can think by our big heads when face with a sexy or syt mm ... I pity his employers who employ him cause he might be a time-bomb tick tock tick tock waiting to BOOMZ ....(thanks to ris low , I learnt a new word):D hope I won't see another news of "Corpse Found In Bedok Reservoir used to be a member of SBF " :)

etct88
13-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Be it china, thai or viet WL or FL , I have nothing against them and only sweet memories of them.. If bro Alf1977 think by his big head rather than his small head , he won't make so much noise here today .. Come again , how many of us bros can think by our big heads when face with a sexy or syt mm ... I pity his employers who employ him cause he might be a time-bomb tick tock tick tock waiting to BOOMZ ....(thanks to ris low , I learnt a new word):D hope I won't see another news of "Corpse Found In Bedok Reservoir used to be a member of SBF " :)

He will have to live by what he said, Karma...........:rolleyes:

chameleon589
13-10-2011, 11:45 AM

U hope BKK and KORAT will be flooded because of Thai FL or WL.
Come on,the Thai FL or WL did not rob or steal,they work hard for their money for their livelihood and survival.Not everyone is born with a silver spoon
in the mouth.However,u may have some bad and bitter experience with a Thai FL or WL,I am sure all brothers here have our share of bad and bitter experience with a Thai FL or WL,I will just say,treat it as an enriching experience in life.Life is not a bed of roses.Life is not all smooth plain sailing.Just let go,move on,look forward to the future and enjoy life in LOS,Life is short! Khop Khun Kap !

Reoxy
13-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Stop your childish nonsense.

travelcraze88
13-10-2011, 01:47 PM

You must have been hurt badly by Thai gals.

You should rather reflex what have you done wrong to deserve that. Look at short coming of yourself first before you blame it one others. You have learn fast blaming and cursing others wont get you anywhere except losing your own confident and coolness.

We all made mistakes. Wake up and face it like men.

norice
13-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Alf1977,

What an Asshole!

acmilan
13-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Alf1977 is just an attention whore. Just another low IQ lowlife moron, axxhole, sleazebag, douchebag, scumbag loser who loves attention.
He reminds me of a drunk farang I met in a pool bar in Sukhumvit some years ago. He came in and started cursing and badmouth Thai gers and Thailand to other customers. He was one of those showman marketing type who craved attention. Few farangs told him to shut up, FO. He kept going on with his negative talk. Then everyone started ignoring him and didn't want to play pool with him. The girls stopped talking to him. After a while, he stopped cursing. Why? cos everyone started treating him like an outcast/ idiot and stopping paying attention to him. He left after short while with his head held low and not daring to look other customers in their eyes. Saw his face and he looked like a real dejected loser. :D:D

Bebertov
13-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Alf1977 is just an attention whore. Just another low IQ lowlife moron, axxhole, sleazebag, douchebag, scumbag loser who loves attention.
He reminds me of a drunk farang I met in a pool bar in Sukhumvit some years ago. He came in and started cursing and badmouth Thai gers and Thailand to other customers. He was one of those showman marketing type who craved attention. Few farangs told him to shut up, FO. He kept going on with his negative talk. Then everyone started ignoring him and didn't want to play pool with him. The girls stopped talking to him. After a while, he stopped cursing. Why? cos everyone started treating him like an outcast/ idiot and stopping paying attention to him. He left after short while with his head held low and not daring to look other customers in their eyes. Saw his face and he looked like a real dejected loser. :D:D
Agreed ... Attention seeker .... This type of ppl will only get their ego boast up if attention are on them .. Vice versa if no attention is given to them .. They will be low low low on self esteem n ego.. The best way to deal with this type of physco is to ignore them... Let them R.I.P.. :p

pooker
14-10-2011, 01:58 AM

Ur such an A-Hole for Saying Crap like that ! Floods are natural disasters that affects everybody and does not discriminate !! Fug nuts like u should just get raped by banglas and die !!
Thai People, Thailand and especially Thai women are one of my Fav things on earth, and even if its not favored by you, there is no need to say crap like that u immature inbred !!

Khun Mai Di !!

norice
14-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Poker,

**** you! You're the biggest Asshole with sperm breath!

etct88
14-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Poker,

ha ha ha... did you kiss him:eek: :confused:... if not how you know the smell of his breath......:p

ps, please check his contents.... hee hee, you may have jump the gun too fast:D

norice
14-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Etct88,

You make me laugh, ha ha ha ha ha

I have keen sense of smell!

Linnie
14-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi bros,

I will be in bangkok this saturday for 4 days. I will be staying in my friend's apartment at Lat Phrao 101. Anyone knows whether this place is prone to flood?

Is bangkok now experiencing increasing traffic jams and bottled water stockouts due to the flood?

Thanks for any advice.

norice
14-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Linnie,

Yes, latphrao is prone to flooding! Make sure you have enough drinking water and food to last several days. Also, if you don't have electricity, you'll only have water for one day!

They're expecting flood to start after 14:30 pm Bangkok time so be prepared.

Good luck

pooker
14-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Poker,

This says it all, Ur still the same illiterate immature kid that bears a grudge and cant move on even when it comes to another important issue. Is the stick so far up ur ass that u cant seem to differentiate between issues at hand ?
Once a loser, always a loser NORICE !!

Note: FFS Learn to READ !! Its POOKER NOT POKER !!!

Alf1977
14-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Anyway only incapable and low self esteem guys will go for Thai girls cause They cannot get local girls and Thai girls are just so cheap, and they are desperately wantinh to provide unlimited free fuxk sessions to any guy who can give her the ticket out of povety.

Bebertov
14-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyway only incapable and low self esteem guys will go for Thai girls cause They cannot get local girls and Thai girls are just so cheap, and they are desperately wantinh to provide unlimited free fuxk sessions to any guy who can give her the ticket out of povety.

It is so ? .. So can u kindly turn on the lights to brighten yourself n enlighten me ....:) .. I assume your gf now is a local , n frankly speaking how many C's you have in order to keep her satisfy n happy.. For sure you have 1 C and that is your cock but it is enough to satisfy her ? What makes u think that she nvr go around trying other's C's ....:p

etct88
14-10-2011, 05:21 PM
It is so ? .. So can u kindly turn on the lights to brighten yourself n enlighten me ....:) ..

bro, don't waste time....:D:D

I get HBD to light up the void decks.......:cool:

Bebertov
14-10-2011, 06:34 PM
bro, don't waste time....:D:D

I get HBD to light up the void decks.......:cool:

555555 , can't avoid not having a dig at him .. Bro , if I'm not wrong HDB always turn on their lights at 1900hrs rite ???:D

Nonteerak2553
14-10-2011, 07:45 PM

Ironically a monkey seems to have higher IQ then you do na. :D

norice
15-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Good News,

So far no floods around Ratchada HuayKwang night market area! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Happyman007
15-10-2011, 01:52 AM
hello, if you dun like Thai people please FO from this forum and dun anyhow say.....

I'm one of those incapable & low self esteem guys who married with Thai girl and have 2 kids......I'm so incapable until no work to do in Bangkok but living happily and enjoying my daily life......incapable happyman :D

You dun seem happy in your life, surely something is wrong with you and not others......try moving out & stay in other country for some time and learn to see more in other angle, u will know what is life about. :p

chameleon589
15-10-2011, 08:30 AM
You dun seem happy in your life, surely something is wrong with you and not others......try moving out & stay in other country for some time and learn to see more in other angle, u will know what is life about. :p

Exactly,many people go to LOS to de-stress and come back a happy man.

travelcraze88
15-10-2011, 09:38 AM

Exactly ......

I like take a view this way. Just like when we go for a traditional massage, whether we will be relax, distress and enjoy the massage depends very much on ourself.

If we go in with unrealistic high expectation of wanting AAA grading in all categories than the chances we will not be fully happy and satisfy is high.

There is a Chinese saying "难的糊涂" . In life something we need that. Meaning "good to be foolish". In life sometime we need to be "foolish" or act to be "foolish" to enjoy it.

A "too smart and clear minded" person can never have a relax and enjoyable life.

Let other win sometime.

Bebertov
15-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Any bros know of any trusted n good travel agency ?? need to travel somewhere from bangkok.. those package type.... thanks:D

cheonglah
15-10-2011, 03:35 PM
There is a Chinese saying "难的糊涂" . In life something we need that. Meaning "good to be foolish". In life sometime we need to be "foolish" or act to be "foolish" to enjoy it.

Yes, like the late legendary Steve Jobs said "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".
Or in this case, "Stay Horny, Stay Foolish" :D

Linnie
15-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Linnie,

Yes, latphrao is prone to flooding! Make sure you have enough drinking water and food to last several days. Also, if you don't have electricity, you'll only have water for one day!

They're expecting flood to start after 14:30 pm Bangkok time so be prepared.

Good luck

Thank you bro norice for the advice. Just to update. There is no flood experienced in latprao n mbk area so far.

MaxxDesires
15-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Any bros here can advise on housing loans in bkk? Thought of getting a place to stay n service mortgage instead of keep paying hotel. Pm me pls. Thanks!

naemlo
15-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Any bros here can advise on housing loans in bkk? Thought of getting a place to stay n service mortgage instead of keep paying hotel. Pm me pls. Thanks!

U can't get legal loan in BKK unless u pay income tax here. Your option is to rent a property to stay.

MaxxDesires
16-10-2011, 12:01 AM
U can't get legal loan in BKK unless u pay income tax here. Your option is to rent a property to stay.

Wow, thks for the info bro. Some "property agent" there was telling me that i can get a loan from certain banks with my sgp payslip. Thinks its a scam them.

Happyman007
16-10-2011, 02:27 AM
yes you can get loan from some bank with SG branch like UOB or Bangkok bank, but the interest rate is so high and minimum income of USD 65,000 per annum or SGD 100,000 per annum to apply.....not sure if u need to work in sg or Thai.

www.uob.com.sg/personal/loans/property/uob_international_home_loan_thailand.html

www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/216556-bangkok-bank-singapore-not-loan-to-foreigner/

I did some check and give up on such loan, currently buy under my wife name with TMB loan 0% for 9 months :D

Wow, thks for the info bro. Some "property agent" there was telling me that i can get a loan from certain banks with my sgp payslip. Thinks its a scam them.

naemlo
16-10-2011, 02:39 AM
yes you can get loan from some bank with SG branch like UOB or Bangkok bank, but the interest rate is so high and minimum income of USD 65,000 per annum or SGD 100,000 per annum to apply.....not sure if u need to work in sg or Thai.

It is under the loan from SG and need to have income in SG and subject to credit clearance in SG. BKK Bank has stopped this loan when I last check in SG but I did not check with UOB SG.

Bank in Thailand will not loan anyone without official declaring of income in Thailand.

I heard of a SG guy whose Thai wife borrowed money from a local bank in Thailand with her declared income and husband salary slip from SG to buy a condo.

robinllp
16-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Hi Bro, just to check housing in Bangkok required to pay property tax yearly?

norice
16-10-2011, 07:56 AM
robinllp,

No property tax!

Garage1
16-10-2011, 01:59 PM
one of my neighbour has a empty unit for rent in bkk..
grade A condo style with good scenery view..
been living here for years now and i enjoyed this condo as well..
95% expat residence rate ..
2 Br unit

http://www.soho-properties.com/ficuslane/

if any bros interested, do pm me, so i can let him know..

robinllp
16-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Bro, i've brought a condo 2 yrs back at sukhumvit soi 101 (@city condo, 36 sq/m & 1 bedroom), can check with bros in bangkok how much is the monthly rental commanding right now?

MaxxDesires
16-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Thks for all the info bros. Think i'll go to a bank n talk to them wen i next go up to bkk.

Alf1977
16-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Agreed with what u said Thailand is LOS= Land Of Sluts!

naemlo
16-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Hi Bro, i've brought a condo 2 yrs back at sukhumvit soi 101 (@city condo, 36 sq/m & 1 bedroom), can check with bros in bangkok how much is the monthly rental commanding right now?

@city, 36 sqm is about 10k, it is a bit far from the BTS. Opp @city, condo S&S is about 13k for 40+ sqm 1 room. S&S provides transport to BTS hourly or half hourly.

robinllp
17-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks Neamlo.

ArmadaE
18-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Bro Robinllp, u want to rent out ur unit?

Thanks Neamlo.

robinllp
19-10-2011, 02:05 AM

No sir, i heard the 3 bts stations from on nut onwards are opening soon, any confirm date?

modusoperandi
19-10-2011, 02:11 AM
This is a serious question and i'm just curious but if you had a half million us $ how would you invest it to live the best possible life in Thailand? I'm looking for at least 6-8% return.

Oh, don't think about scamming me :D

naemlo
19-10-2011, 03:36 AM
No sir, i heard the 3 bts stations from on nut onwards are opening soon, any confirm date?

They were opened. Your condo in soi 101, u should know abt this :confused:

This is a serious question and i'm just curious but if you had a half million us $ how would you invest it to live the best possible life in Thailand? I'm looking for at least 6-8% return.

Invest in my company. :D

Soopafly
19-10-2011, 07:42 AM

Bro MO,

The US Treasury is considered to be the safest investment with guaranteed returns, and it is paying about 3% for its 30-year note. In order to get 6-8%, you will have to be either super smart or super hardworking or both, or do something illegal ;)

I guess 6-8% is possible, but you might need to put your investment capital at risk.

By the way, if you know where we can get 6-8%, please share with poor cheongster like me and Naemlo ;)

Chok Dee na,

ahtecklim
19-10-2011, 08:24 AM

buy a bar in soi cowboy ,at the end of the day sure have 6-8% left :p

robinllp
19-10-2011, 09:42 AM

Buy properties in Bkk and rent it out, the rental yield is about 6-8% per annual.

robinllp
19-10-2011, 09:44 AM

My sis in law is staying there and all the while I'm staying in Singapore.

ArmadaE
20-10-2011, 06:34 PM

What company is it? Got good lobang, dont mind join in.

naemlo
20-10-2011, 07:58 PM
What company is it? Got good lobang, dont mind join in.

If u r interested then come over to BKK and discuss.

Bebertov
21-10-2011, 01:44 AM

I'm in bkk Liao... Why u never discuss with me .... :(

naemlo
21-10-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm in bkk Liao... Why u never discuss with me .... :(

U just reached?

norice
21-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Hello,

Currently it's 1:30 am, no flooding in Ratchada-HuayKwang!

Bebertov
21-10-2011, 03:13 AM
U just reached?

Reached last nite .... Nvr read my previous post?:(

hunterhi
21-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Wa, izzt just a phone call away not as he will bite u la? ;)

naemlo
21-10-2011, 12:32 PM

After his return from the north east, he now kena black magic... only know puying, no puchai in this world of him :rolleyes:

Bebertov
21-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes he always bites ..... Razor teeth he had ....:D
After his return from the north east, he now kena black magic... only know puying, no puchai in this world of him :rolleyes:

He who know me best had to be Naemlo .... Let's go makan :p

naemlo
21-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Knn your lunch time is my tea time.

hunterhi
21-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Izzt ma, I meet him in Hanoi he look OK to me... A Mr nice guy... :rolleyes:

Yes he always bites ..... Razor teeth he had ....:D

Ya, lor, he retired no need to work everday is Holiday to him... :D What to do one man Life different from another one 人比人气死人...

Knn your lunch time is my tea time.

ArmadaE
21-10-2011, 07:34 PM
ok bro. Will arrange with u when i next go up. thks!

travelcraze88
21-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Hello,

Currently it's 1:30 am, no flooding in Ratchada-HuayKwang!

On 17th Oct we wanted to take a cab to take Heng Shark Fin around Rachada. In fact we already sat onto the cab but the cab driver discourage us from going said there are flooding in some of the soi.

Is that true ? Or we kenna con ?

naemlo
21-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Is that true ? Or we kenna con ?

U kena conned.

robinllp
21-10-2011, 10:27 PM
ok bro. Will arrange with u when i next go up. thks!

Bro ArmadaE,

What i understand doing business in Bkk the investment is low but the return also quite little.

Any Senior correct me if I'm wrong.

robinllp
21-10-2011, 10:29 PM

Bro ArmadaE,

U interested to rent or buy condo in Bkk?

ArmadaE
21-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Bro ArmadaE,

What i understand doing business in Bkk the investment is low but the return also quite little.

Any Senior correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmm, i just looking at different things n lets see what happens.

Bro ArmadaE,

U interested to rent or buy condo in Bkk?

I was thinking that in the long run, cheaper to buy a condo than always to stay in hotel. But i read from somewhere earlier that the loan is not easy to get. So lets see how things goes.

robinllp
22-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Hmm, i just looking at different things n lets see what happens.

I was thinking that in the long run, cheaper to buy a condo than always to stay in hotel. But i read from somewhere earlier that the loan is not easy to get. So lets see how things goes.

What I've understand if the condo is near to the MRT, u can get loan up to 80% from UOB Thailand, those further ones they only loan up to 60%.

Right now condos selling in Bkk range from 50,000 - 120,000 per meter depends on location.

Bebertov
22-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Izzt ma, I meet him in Hanoi he look OK to me... A Mr nice guy... :rolleyes:

Ya, lor, he retired no need to work everday is Holiday to him... :D What to do one man Life different from another one 人比人气死人...

Yes he is a nice n horny guy .... FYI I am not retired na.. I still need to work na... :)

hunterhi
22-10-2011, 07:03 PM
izzt so ma, i always see u like very free, fly SIN-BKK like taking BUS la, make me so ENVY.... :eek:

http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/Home

Yes he is a nice n horny guy .... FYI I am not retired na.. I still need to work na... :)

naemlo
22-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes he is a nice n horny guy ....

Knn, u said me also no need so direct.

izzt so ma, i always see u like very free, fly SIN-BKK like taking BUS la, make me so ENVY.... :eek:

He spent more money than my whole year in BKK.

U get a gig, then u will be here every 2 weeks :D

travelcraze88
22-10-2011, 07:16 PM
U kena conned.

I suspected that too.

Almost all the cab drivers at hang around the hotels are "con men". They just wanted to bs the customers to their "preferred" restaurants or joints to make commission.

I should know and never listen to these cab drivers taken from hotels.

Thanks bro.

norice
22-10-2011, 09:26 PM
travelcraze88,

I disagree, the biggest problem with those taxi drivers are they don't want to turn on the meter!

Bebertov
22-10-2011, 11:09 PM

http://www.thailandtourismupdate.com/Home
U sound as if I am some rich man son na.. I'm not ... You can also , justva matter of whether you want or not.. Furthermore with budget airline in , flying is cheaper than before ...
Knn, u said me also no need so direct.
He spent more money than my whole year in BKK.

U get a gig, then u will be here every 2 weeks :D you'll sure I spent more money than your whole year in bkk ?? Will buy you a bottle of Gordon bleu if that's the case ..

norice
23-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Status Report,

No flooding in Ratchada- HuayKwang area as of 1:15 am!

Good night

ArmadaE
23-10-2011, 10:35 PM
What I've understand if the condo is near to the MRT, u can get loan up to 80% from UOB Thailand, those further ones they only loan up to 60%.

Right now condos selling in Bkk range from 50,000 - 120,000 per meter depends on location.

You got any good lobang?

Must go see UOB when i next go up.

travelcraze88
24-10-2011, 05:10 PM
travelcraze88,

I disagree, the biggest problem with those taxi drivers are they don't want to turn on the meter!

NO.....the taxi drivers that hang around the hotels in Bangkok ( common as all all tourist cities) is that they are not interested in making money for the cab fee. Those are "small" money to them.

They are more interested to "chop" or "cut" the tourists throat by bringing that to their shopping, "restaurants, massage joints etc. Thus will offer the tourist ridiculously low taxi fare just to attract them onto their cab.

That's where they will make their money.

robinllp
25-10-2011, 01:23 AM
You got any good lobang?

Must go see UOB when i next go up.

Dun hv bro, recently Bkk condos r getting too exp n i dun bother to follow up.

norice
25-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Great News,

Ratchada-HuayKwang and Sukhumvit tourist areas will not flood. So don't worry just party, drink, pickup girls and enjoy yourselves!

I still can't purchase bottled water!

Bebertov
25-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Great News,

Ratchada-HuayKwang and Sukhumvit tourist areas will not flood. So don't worry just party, drink, pickup girls and enjoy yourselves!

I still can't purchase bottled water!

Come to Pattaya bro, lots of mineral water ... :)

hunterhi
25-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Wa, I m just a poor man, how can go there every 2week? EEE... i perfer Ma... to GiG... ;)

U get a gig, then u will be here every 2 weeks :D

O...when u CuMing Back...

Come to Pattaya bro, lots of mineral water ... :)

ArmadaE
25-10-2011, 05:40 PM

Noted with thks. haha

norice
25-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Bad News,

We've had gorgeous weather for 6 days but it's about to end soon! Can you hear the thunder? I'm keeping my fingers crossed so we'll have a nice weather tomorrow!

nirvana123
26-10-2011, 12:54 PM
so Bro, the news I read on the internet is a bit hazy, can you advise are they expecting the floods to hit the major shopping and chionging areas? :(

pojstemp
26-10-2011, 03:13 PM

Hi, wat the price like for that new 84 stories high condo?.
Farang can buy exclusive?

Garage1
26-10-2011, 05:19 PM
so Bro, the news I read on the internet is a bit hazy, can you advise are they expecting the floods to hit the major shopping and chionging areas? :(

nope..
what most likely will happ is the army will again kaypoh ( already starting to happ )
worst scenario - coup again..
right now its red vs yellow shirt again.. at don mueng

glouyang
26-10-2011, 05:41 PM

There are a set of criterias in order to qualify for a mortgage loan with UOB. Among others, the condo must be freehold, completed or near completion, your annual income must be at least S$100k and your minimum loan quantum must be S$100k so u gotta purchase a condo roughly about 3.5 million baht up base on the maximum loan to value of 70%. The project, location, developer's background also plays a part in the actual LTV they offer you. Let me warn you first the interest rates are currently 7% for loans in SGD and 5.25% for USD.

Other than that, HSBC Premier clients can also approach HSBC for a mortgage loan.

robinllp
26-10-2011, 06:05 PM
There are a set of criterias in order to qualify for a mortgage loan with UOB. Among others, the condo must be freehold, completed or near completion, your annual income must be at least S$100k and your minimum loan quantum must be S$100k so u gotta purchase a condo roughly about 3.5 million baht up base on the maximum loan to value of 70%. The project, location, developer's background also plays a part in the actual LTV they offer you. Let me warn you first the interest rates are currently 7% for loans in SGD and 5.25% for USD.

Other than that, HSBC Premier clients can also approach HSBC for a mortgage loan.

Very very high interests, anyway thanks for your advise bro.

ArmadaE
26-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah... 7% abit high. But still can consider if the unit is right. Must make a trip after all this flooding is over.

nirvana123
26-10-2011, 10:40 PM
nope..
what most likely will happ is the army will again kaypoh ( already starting to happ )
worst scenario - coup again..
right now its red vs yellow shirt again.. at don mueng

Ok if the floods not affecting chionging areas, then I will still go ahead nx month with my trip... haiz...why these yellow and red shirts cannot leave this fantastic country alone.... flood also must fight....hopefully they can stand together and help Yingluck overcome this

norice
26-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Latest News:

Possible flooding this weekend in Lad Phrao, Sutthisan, Ratchada and Phra Ram 9. So please make sure you have enough water and food to sustain yourself for the duration of the flood.

If you need any first aid, medicine to treat stomach problem/food poisoning, send me a PM and I'll help you as much as I can! I have lots of medication in my refrigerator!

Sukhumvit is still safe from flooding!

Good Luck

glouyang
27-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Very very high interests, anyway thanks for your advise bro.

Welcome. It's not the highest in the world or region for that matter. We have one of the lowest interest rates in the world. In Vietnam you should be getting 18 to 20%. Indonesia is not too far off from that. Even Malaysia is about 6+% (although if we buy malaysian properties we are getting MLR - 2.3% so effectively about 4%). Australia is about 7+ (although some banks here offer multi-currency loans with lower interest rates).

You get higher yield and potential appreciation in other markets. Pros and cons. It's how you weigh things up.

glouyang
27-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Latest News:

Possible flooding this weekend in Lad Phrao, Sutthisan, Ratchada and Phra Ram 9. So please make sure you have enough water and food to sustain yourself for the duration of the flood.

If you need any first aid, medicine to treat stomach problem/food poisoning, send me a PM and I'll help you as much as I can! I have lots of medication in my refrigerator!

Sukhumvit is still safe from flooding!

Good Luck

Hi bro in your honest opinion, where is the least flood prone area to stay for a night tomorrow???

norice
27-10-2011, 11:46 AM
glouyang,

Grand Business Inn, located in Sukhumvit Soi 11, do a website search. Great location, walking distance to Nana, Thermae and Soi Coeboy.

glouyang
27-10-2011, 12:51 PM
glouyang,

Grand Business Inn, located in Sukhumvit Soi 11, do a website search. Great location, walking distance to Nana, Thermae and Soi Coeboy.

Thanks. Erm... i just wanna stay dry. Not going to the agogos...

glouyang
27-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi, wat the price like for that new 84 stories high condo?.
Farang can buy exclusive?

Ritz Carlton Residences Bkk? about 250,000 baht to 300,000 baht per sqm up. It's not freehold btw so foreigners can actually buy the entire saleable area if they want. Financing thru HSBC.

KatoeyLover69
27-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Bangkok flood worsened

[COLOR="Sienna"]The Nation October 27, 2011 11:59 am

As of Thursday's morning, the floodwater has kept on rising in northern and western Bangkok. On Vibhavadi-Rangsit Highway, the inundation has spreaded to Wat Lak Si, located about 200 meters from the Don Muang Tollway ramp.

The water level is about 50 centimeters.

On Phaholyothin Road, the floodwater from Future Park Rangsit shopping mall to Don Mueang Airport continues to rise, shutting down traffic.

The overflowing water has started to inundate Bhumibol Hospital.

A section of earth dyke at Don Mueang Airport collapsed, prompting emergency pumping in order to safeguard the headquarters of Flood Relief Operations Centre.

In Thon Buri, workers still could not complete the repairs of dykes at two major canals, Masawat and Thawee Wattana, due to strong water flow.

The inundation at Wat Puranawas rose to 2.4 meters, prompting emergency evacuation of monks and flood victims residing at the shelter inside the temple.[/COLOR

KatoeyLover69
27-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Report from Bangkok Post dated 27 October 2011 :-

Froc advises people to leave Bangkok

The Flood Relief Operations Centre (Froc) has advised people in the capital to leave Bangkok for their own safety this long weekend, if they can, reports said.

The flood centre said Bangkokkians should take the opportunity during the special long holiday weekend to visit tourist destinations or to go and stay with relatives in flood-free provinces.

The suggestions came after a prediction that the floodwater from the North will peak in Bangkok soon, and be made worse by peak high tides from Oct 28-31.

Bangkok Governor Sukhumphand Baripatra on Thursday morning told people in Sai Mai in Bangkok to evacuate to safer ground as the water level in the area was rising.

Mr Sukhumphand yesterday advised people in Bang Plad and Don Mueang districts to move out of their homes to higher areas or to the temporary shelters prepared by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

He also declared Wang Thong Lang and Lat Phrao districts special watch zones for flooding.

KatoeyLover69
27-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Entire Bangkok City told to brace

The Nation October 27, 2011 12:26 pm

FROC chief says every area of Bangkok will flood; If three key barriers hold up, damage to capital could be limited : PM

"Floods will hit every area of Bangkok but each area will see different levels of water," director of the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC) Pol General Pracha Promnok said yesterday.

Pracha, who is also the justice minister, urged Bangkok residents to adjust to the situation and accept what was going to happen.

He said about 400 million cubic metres of flood water are now in an area north of Bangkok and poised to flow in.

"Bangkok's water-drainage capacity is just 30 million cubic metres a day," he pointed out.

An informed source at the BMA said the flood-water level would range between 30 centimetres and 1.5 metres across 50 districts of Bangkok.

Flooding will last for a month: BMA source "The inundation will last for about one month," it added.

The information was almost identical with what Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had said in her televised speech on Tuesday.

Yingluck said yesterday that concerned authorities would continue their efforts to protect inner Bangkok from flooding.

"We will maintain flood barriers at three key areas. If they remain well in place, not all areas of Bangkok will be affected," she said. When asked about the chances of these floodwalls crumbling, she said, it was "50 per cent".

Yingluck said all officials were doing their best and the private sector had also joined in.

Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra urged all sides to cooperate with each other to weather the flood crisis.

As of press time yesterday, many parts of the capital had already been submerged. In Don Muang district, flood water had forced the cancellation of all commercial flights from Don Mueang Airport since Tuesday. Also, portions of many key roads such as Vibhavadi Rangsit, Phaholyothin, Kamphaengphet, Songprapa, Veruvanaram, Sirin-dhorn, and Charansaniwongs were impassable to traffic. Charoen-krung Road in the heart of Bangkok is also flooded.

Several shops and department stores, including Central Plaza Pinklao, closed in the wake of inundation.

Thawi Watthana District Office director Prapat Thirapongtorn said due to the run-off water from the upper part of the country, the Mahasawas Canal would overflow and flood nearby areas today.

"I have already instructed and almost forced people living along the canal to evacuate," he said.

He said the raging flood was too serious to be controlled.

A source at the FROC said Pracha had already held video conferences with top officials of Kanchanaburi, Suphan Buri, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi, Chon Buri and Nakhon Ratchasima to prepare evacuation centres for flood-hit Bangkok residents in the worst-case scenario of waters inundating the capital.

"FROC has planned to provide transfer services to those evacuation centres for flood victims. Flood-hit people can also travel to the evacuation centres on their own," the source said.

Army chief General Prayut Chan-ocha said people in Bangkok's Bang Phlat district had already been warned of the immense volume of run-off water heading their way.

"Boats will be ready to evacuate people. Those who are not willing to move out of their houses

will be told where to pick up food and water as we may not be able to deliver the food to all," he said.

KatoeyLover69
27-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Report from Bangkok Post dated 27 October 2011 :-

Mass exodus to Hua Hin and Pattaya

Bangkok residents fleeing the floods are fast filling up budget hotels in the resort towns of Hua Hin and Pattaya.

As the flood threat mounts, some families already sent their children and elderly members out of the city, said Risinee Sarikaputra, associate director for research and valuation with the property agency Knight Frank Thailand.

Cha-am and Hua Hin are popular as more city residents have second homes in these resorts than Pattaya.

While hotels in resort destinations are almost full, few expect a revenue windfall as most are slashing prices to help those affected by floods, and the spending power of Thais is lower than that of foreigners, said Ms Risinee.

The occupancy rates of luxury hotels have been stable but some have seen falling demand since international visitors have been cancelling bookings.

Hotels with the highest occupancy rates are economy and budget properties charging 1,500 to 2,500 baht per night.

Aliwassa Pathnadabutr, managing director of CB Richard Ellis Thailand, said many Bangkok residents are moving to their home provinces.

"Through our Pattaya and Hua-Hin operations, we are seeing a rapid rise in bookings for serviced apartments and hotels in both locations, particularly since the past weekend," she said.

Somsakul Limsuttaphan, assistant managing director of Plus Property Co, reports 150 inquiries to book short-term rental homes for one to two months. Rates range from 25,000 to 55,000 baht a month.

Knight Frank found the occupancy rate of Bangkok serviced apartments has risen, especially for buildings with above-ground parking. Lower bookings from international visitors are being offset by bookings from local residents, albeit at slightly lower rates.

Some expatriates have decided to go back to their home countries and others are relocating to Pattaya.

Many companies have rented hotel rooms near their offices for their staff and expatriates, with hotels near the airport showing high occupancy

norice
28-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Status Report,

All clear and dry in Ratchada-HuayKwang! California WOW has no bottle water and no towels to members!

chanyboy
28-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Status Report,

All clear and dry in Ratchada-HuayKwang! California WOW has no bottle water and no towels to members!

pack your bags & travel out to Philippines, USA, Indon Bali...:cool:

norice
28-10-2011, 09:10 AM
chanyboy,

No, I'm going to Bikit Bintang! All the girls from Nataree told me to tell you, don't worry, you still can have 3 shots!

KatoeyLover69
28-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Report from Bangkok Post dated 28 October 2011 :-

Sukhumvit sois 48, 50 flooded

A section of a dyke along Phra Khanong canal has collapsed, releasing an enormous amount of water into Bangkok's Sukhumvit soi 48 and soi 50.

Khlong Toey district chief Wiparat Chaiyanukit said on Friday the breach was about 10 metres long.

Mrs Wiparat said about 50 soldiers and workers from the Department of Drainage and Sewerage were piling up sandbags to plug the opening in the dyke.

The dyke should be repaired before high tide this evening, she said.

A bridge on Sukhumvit soi 62 and nearby elevated roads were filled with cars and motorcycles as motorists feared that the rising water would damage their vehicles.

KatoeyLover69
28-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Report from Bangkok Post dated 28 October 2011 :-

Thonburi faces serious flood threat

Possibility is high for the Thonburi side of Bangkok west of the Chao Phraya river to be under.50 metre - 1 metre of floodwater in a few days if more northern runoff is allowed to flow into the area, said the deputy director of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Drainage and Sewerage Department.

Chainat Niyomthoon said to be severely affected are areas along the banks of the Chao Phraya river and canals.

He said he was afraid the worst would come because water in various canals on the Thonburi side of the river, especially Khlong Mahasawat which is the main one, was on the verge of overflowing the banks.

If the northern runoff was allowed to flow into the area in a bigger volume than it was now, possibility was high for the entire of Thonburi to be flooded and the water level would be from 50 centimetres 1m high depending on the ground levels.

"What the BMA can do if that happens is tell the peple to evacuate the area immediately," Mr Chainat said.

norice
29-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Status Report:

Absolutely no floods in Sukhumvit and Ratchada-HuayKwang! Sunny with clear blue sky!

PleasureEmpire
29-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Status Report:

Absolutely no floods in Sukhumvit and Ratchada-HuayKwang! Sunny with clear blue sky!

Thks for the update.

scorelan
29-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Status Report:

Thanks for the updates Bro Norice. Cheers. :)

indianmagicoil
29-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Bangkok is screwed by the floods. Go Patts! Or go south!

naemlo
29-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Bangkok is screwed by the floods. Go Patts! Or go south!

Should be screwed by the power struggling.

indianmagicoil
29-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Red & Yellow politics screwing each other from the back until they screw the whole country and now Krungthep is screwed. We should not care too much about them screwing each other but when, where and how to get our next screw!

KatoeyLover69
29-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Report from Bangkok Post dated 29 October 2011 :-

All of Thon Buri faces inundation - Defence of west part of Chao Phraya in jeopardy

The entire Thon Buri area is expected to be submerged within three days due to signs that northern runoff could overwhelm attempts by City Hall and irrigation officials to defend the western part of the Chao Phraya River.

With floodwater levels rising by between 50cm and 1m, Chainat Niyomthoon, deputy director of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Department of Drainage and Sewage, expected the water to eventually overflow several canals including Khlong Maha Sawat in Thawi Watthana district.

"We have received information about high water levels in several canals, particularly Khlong Maha Sawat, a main canal in the Thon Buri area," Mr Chainat said yesterday.

The BMA and navy were jointly installing 180 sheet piles to reinforce the dyke along Maha Sawat canal but the water level appeared to be too much to handle.

That prompted Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra to announce last night that residents living in all areas of Thawi Watthana should immediately evacuate to higher ground.

Thawi Watthana is the fourth district in Bangkok where people have been ordered to leave their homes, besides Don Muang, Bang Phlat and Sai Mai.

Apart from Khlong Maha Sawat, the southern railway track, which runs parallel to the canal, is another barrier to prevent floodwaters going downstream.

But Chaiyaporn Promsuwan, director of the Irrigation Office's Phra Pimol irrigation project, said the track, which is 3m above sea level, could be inundated and was unable to shield Thon Buri from flooding.

"The southern track may not be able to withstand [the massive volume of floodwater] in the next two to three days. This will result in heavy flooding in Bangkok's Thon Buri and adjacent areas in Nakhon Pathom," Mr Chaiyaporn said.

If floodwaters managed to breach the southern track, the lower part of Bangkok would be badly hit, he added.

"Severe damage will happen if people are not evacuated from the area before anticipated floods arrive," he warned

Meanwhile, the Flood Relief Operations Command last night said five locations have been set aside as gathering points for people leaving the areas.

They are the Thailand-Japan Stadium in Din Daeng, Fashion Island on Rarm Intra Road, Holland Beer on Rama II Road, the Mall department store in Bang Khae and Wat Sri Iem in Bang Na.

People should gather there before being sent to shelters, or transported to other provinces if they do not want to stay in Bangkok, Froc spokesman Thongthong Chandarangsu said.

The BMA has designated an area under the Vacharapol expressway and Wat Phra Si Maha That as two gathering points for residents affected by flooding in Bang Khen district before they are evacuated to shelter centres.

The gathering point beneath the expressway was for flood victims from the Tha Raeng area while Wat Phra Si Maha That was for residents living in the Anusawari area, Bangkok governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said after inspecting the flood level at Ying Charoen market.

Several areas in Bang Khen district have been inundated, forcing residents to leave their houses to take refuge at nine shelter centres in the district.

The BMA has sped up the drainage of water from Khlong Song canal in Sai Mai district through other canals in the adjacent Bang Khen district before draining it to the Chao Phraya River.

The Bangkok governor said Anusawari and Tha Raeng had been affected by flooding. The two areas accounted for 20% of Bang Khen district.

The BMA has placed Bang Khen under special watch as a huge amount of the northern runoff was flowing into the district, MR Sukhumbhand said.

The flooding in Bangkok is still worrisome as the water level of the Chao Phraya River is expected to rise to between 2.5-2.6 metres above sea level today as a result of high sea tides.

robinllp
30-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the update bro.

norice
30-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Current Status:

Still no flooding in Ratchada-HuayKwang area! Last I was walking around HuayKwang night market and there were so many cute girls that I was out of breath within 10 minutes!

Come on down, don't be afraid, there's no flooding so ogle my SYTs in the market!

chanyboy
30-10-2011, 09:34 AM
chanyboy,

No, I'm going to Bikit Bintang! All the girls from Nataree told me to tell you, don't worry, you still can have 3 shots!

...and take the AirAsia (Thai), cute stewardees... maybe u get a lucky-shot.

Nataree huh - need Viagra to go there.. but the price is not so nice leh...these days.

Say, the AGG is still fantastic? I'm a (ex) fan..

MaxxDesires
30-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Current Status:

Still no flooding in Ratchada-HuayKwang area! Last I was walking around HuayKwang night market and there were so many cute girls that I was out of breath within 10 minutes!

Come on down, don't be afraid, there's no flooding so ogle my SYTs in the market!

Dun tink Ratchada-HuayKwang area will flood la.

sancilang
30-10-2011, 05:04 PM
hope all will be fine by next mth. my gf book tickets to go, suppose to be surprise, now then she tell me

robinllp
30-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Heard on nut (sukhumvit 50) start flooding liao, about 30-50cm, is it true?

samsam13
30-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Current Status:

bro norice, u stay at ratchada area? let's go to mp some time. :D

samsam13
30-10-2011, 07:15 PM

yeap, sukhumvit 40-50 are flooded, around 1 meter... :rolleyes:

naemlo
30-10-2011, 07:27 PM

yeap, sukhumvit 40-50 are flooded, around 1 meter... :rolleyes:

I was there in the morning about 10, no flood. I will go over there again to KPO. :D

samsam13
30-10-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks for the latest update!

naemlo
30-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I was in Tesco On Nut, soi 52, no flood at about 7pm local time.

robinllp
02-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Any more updates about the flood?

norice
02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Robinllp,

Still no floods in Ratchada and Sukhumvit!

Glock
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Robinllp,

Still no floods in Ratchada and Sukhumvit!

i think should be no risk already - the high tide period is over right , so things should be improving . but still a big problem if the stocks of girls is down ( because they are all busy with home town problems etc ) - like this come over also wasted

:(

norice
02-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Glock,

Status Report! The flood is approximately 3 miles away from Ratchada-HuayKwang! Since I'm going to EBI Sauna, will provide more information later. 10 4

naemlo
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Glock,

Status Report! The flood is approximately 3 miles away from Ratchada-HuayKwang! Since I'm going to EBI Sauna, will provide more information later. 10 4

It is in Ratchayotin which is quite near to Hway Kwang. Ratchayotin, is near Latphrao MRT, then Suttisan, Hway Kwang MRT. So using this, you will know the water should be in Hway Kwang this week or weekend, the best next week.

BTW your so called reliable source was not reliable at all :D Water is coming to Hway Kwang and soon Sukhumvit.

etct88
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
It is in Ratchayotin which is quite near to Hway Kwang. Ratchayotin, is near Latphrao MRT, then Suttisan, Hway Kwang MRT. So using this, you will know the water should be in Hway Kwang this week or weekend, the best next week.

BTW your so called reliable source was not reliable at all :D Water is coming to Hway Kwang and soon Sukhumvit.

but he always reliable to rely on 'reliable' source......:p I believe you more reliable...:D

Happy555
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Glock,

Thks for the update bro. Upz u my humble 1pt for ur efforts.

vaxvms
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM

wow so cannot go union mall sianz meimei liao u

btw is the situation vali bad as claimed by my thai collegue?

take care

naemlo
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM
btw is the situation vali bad as claimed by my thai collegue?

Pathunam area is still dry for tourists.

The whole of Thailand will be screwed by political parties.

norice
02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Naemlo,

Tonight, my Thai friends told me that it's inevitable that Ratchada-HuayKwang area will be flooded by next week! So make sure that you and all your friends in Ratchada have enough provisions to last couple of weeks.

Also, nightlife in Bangkok is dead due to lack of girls and customers!

Good luck!

Glock
02-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Glock,

thank you for update !

... the news report all talking about "high tide" this past weekend , so now high tide gone i thought situation will improve ...

naemlo
02-11-2011, 10:50 PM
... the news report all talking about "high tide" this past weekend , so now high tide gone i thought situation will improve ...

The news reports are droppings from bull. The best is still look at where the water goes to. :D

Every days, the news are about flooding. There are many so called experts voicing their individual view. This must be done, that must be done. This will happen, that will happen. End of the day, it is still the mother nature overcoming these experts. :D

norice
02-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Namely,

Do you have enough bottled water?

robinllp
03-11-2011, 12:36 AM
The news reports are droppings from bull. The best is still look at where the water goes to. :D

Every days, the news are about flooding. There are many so called experts voicing their individual view. This must be done, that must be done. This will happen, that will happen. End of the day, it is still the mother nature overcoming these experts. :D

Dear Naemlo,

DO you think is it safe to travel to bkk on 12th Nov? Brought the tickets already, now worried the flooded doesn't end by then......sigh!

naemlo
03-11-2011, 01:57 AM
DO you think is it safe to travel to bkk on 12th Nov? Brought the tickets already, now worried the flooded doesn't end by then......sigh!

Looking at the way these ppl handle the situation, some parts of inner BKK will be in water very soon, guess 12/11 is soon. :D The water level will depend on individual area. If ankle high water, life will be as normal.

If water level is too high, more than a meter, everything will be closed and it is difficult to find food. "Clean" water will be rationed and electricity will be like lucky draw. Hotel also has its limitation on clean water, food and electricity.

If u have to come Thailand, I will advise u to get a domestic ticket to fly to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Koh Samui, a bus trip to Pattaya, away from BKK city. Dun stress yourself up thinking of the water. Stress yourself up on choosing which puying. :D

chanyboy
03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Namely,

Do you have enough bottled water?

.....If u have to come Thailand, I will advise u to get a domestic ticket to fly to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Koh Samui, a bus trip to Pattaya, away from BKK city. Dun stress yourself up thinking of the water. Stress yourself up on choosing which puying. :D

ha ha...u two are enjoying still at BKK...go south le..:)

luckylurker
03-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Dear Naemlo,

Bro, I just cancelled my tickets and hotel booking from 10 Nov. Unless like bro Naemlo said to divert to somewhere else from airport, my advice is to postpone your trip. Depending on which airline you're booked on, you may be able to get refunds from cancellation at least the taxes, if you need help can pm me.

Hope the powers above show mercy and the people below get their act together to save more lives.

norice
03-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Chanyboy,

I'll be going to KL on November 14!

vaxvms
03-11-2011, 01:20 PM
If u have to come Thailand, I will advise u to get a domestic ticket to fly to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Koh Samui, a bus trip to Pattaya, away from BKK city. Dun stress yourself up thinking of the water. Stress yourself up on choosing which puying. :D

loook like situation is quite bad :(