PDA

View Full Version : St james empire Vs Thai pubs empire?

ShittyAss
19-08-2009, 02:05 AM
i guys read TNP on Sunday?

Finally the lousy papers have reported on the recent boom of thai pubs and clubs in SG...and it draws comments from our local pubbing / clubbing empire king...commenting on those thai gers eligibility for LD...fair enough since employment act doesnt allow....

And guess wat...thai pubs have been raided and lights on almost every alternate days after their reporting...surpisingly TNP reporting always work! haha...

BUT then again....u seldom see the local clubbing empire king comments unnecessarily...guess St James business are affected badly by the recent boom of thai joints....

i have been receiving non stop of sms from St James on promo on this and that every now and then...and then again...i havent been heading down the df for the longest time...not becos thai joints are been born...

BUT...St James mgt...u should really reflect on ur staff services and attitude towards customers...most of the time..the damm joint is fully bloody packed...and are never lack of customers at any point in time...not forgetting staff always showering fxxx face to customers...unless u are their click or of their same number....and those guard dogs ma chaim we owe them a living to enter the bloody joint...and of cos...not forgetting them banning ppl whenever they are happy...and so call stopping fights when they are smacking them lst...

Before thai joints...apart from KTVs...there arent really a nice live band place except the sole st james...

Those fellas should try thai joints and u will know the difference between the attitude of the staff of st james vs thai joints...and those security vs watch dogs....customers are spending $....of cos we wana spend happily...not going to a place, tat hasnt got table, watch dogs and staff give u fark attitude...
Maybe they dun need customers spending to maintain that joint...but thai joint certaintly do...haha...

And...the amount spend on hanging flowers at thai joints can even be much more compared to going TAM....

Hence....support thai joints la...btw...AV...there are alot of freelance out there in the joint with lousy attitude...guess AV are smart enough ya...dun need me to spell out which joint....dun believe? try it...time to work guys!

Marlb0r0
19-08-2009, 02:40 PM
i think its the same everywhere, when the pub/thai disco is packed every weekend, you think the waiter/manager will still give you 1st class service?
their thinking will be if you are not happy, jolly well go to other joint because they are not scare there is no customers.

this kind of mentality is the same for all business. once their business is good, their attitude will changed also.

ShittyAss
19-08-2009, 06:20 PM
i think its the same everywhere, when the pub/thai disco is packed every weekend, you think the waiter/manager will still give you 1st class service?
their thinking will be if you are not happy, jolly well go to other joint because they are not scare there is no customers.

this kind of mentality is the same for all business. once their business is good, their attitude will changed also.

Not really bro...icon is super duper packed almost every day one....and their manager is never black face like st james....knn...go fly ma chiam we owe them $ like tat...

AnNex
19-08-2009, 07:14 PM
This is comfirm a tit for tact issue true st james and those mainstarem clubs like zirca and etc .... is like a ghost town during weekdays maybe some weekends then u will see more patrons but nt packed though ! and when u hopped into most of the thai clubs in the weekdays it is like 'oh ! actually u guys are partying here' it is packed everyday for most thai clubs weekends will be jam haha . Really this is a obvious and very unfair way to fight a business war very 'ObVIOUS' who are behind all this huh . but for sure thai clubs are here and they are here to stay to give thos O$p$ face 'main stream' clubs a run for the business .

Marlb0r0
19-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Not really bro...icon is super duper packed almost every day one....and their manager is never black face like st james....knn...go fly ma chiam we owe them $ like tat...

ya lor icon really pack nowadays but you cant compare st james with icon. st james is how many times bigger than icon. listed company leh

ShittyAss
19-08-2009, 10:31 PM
This is comfirm a tit for tact issue true st james and those mainstarem clubs like zirca and etc .... is like a ghost town during weekdays maybe some weekends then u will see more patrons but nt packed though ! and when u hopped into most of the thai clubs in the weekdays it is like 'oh ! actually u guys are partying here' it is packed everyday for most thai clubs weekends will be jam haha . Really this is a obvious and very unfair way to fight a business war very 'ObVIOUS' who are behind all this huh . but for sure thai clubs are here and they are here to stay to give thos O$p$ face 'main stream' clubs a run for the business .

Correct la..u never see him comment about China KTV hanging flowers and singers joint which are longest history in SG.....since also illegal FL gers working and singers...just like thai joints with LD mah...he damm crappy one la....

whoever is the relative or friend of the mgt of st james...gota feedback that its time to review their own joint...consumer go there spend $ to enjoy...not go there spend $ to receive fark up treatment by their staff and guard dogs...so many of my friends boycott st james liao....but still got alot of gu gu go down though...the most they close and open thai joint also la! and be the biggest thai joint in town! wahaha...

ShittyAss
19-08-2009, 10:34 PM
ya lor icon really pack nowadays but you cant compare st james with icon. st james is how many times bigger than icon. listed company leh

>> thats why they can afford staff to give us fark up attitude and watch dogs going around farking ppl and banning ppl la!

of cos icon cannot compare with st james...st james dun even need consumers spending to maintain their expenses la...

peter88798
19-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I think why more ppl patron thai pubs are because of the pretty and friendly dancers. To know girls in st james need abit of gut and look.......and not many of us dare to approach ladies too. But when you in thai joints,you are treated like a prince in white amour,all puyings will surround you with a thousand smile.That my two cent,no offence.

ShittyAss
19-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I think why more ppl patron thai pubs are because of the pretty and friendly dancers. To know girls in st james need abit of gut and look.......and not many of us dare to approach ladies too. But when you in thai joints,you are treated like a prince in white amour,all puyings will surround you with a thousand smile.That my two cent,no offence.

haha....maybe? but then again...knowing girls in st james is very easy also la...so many FLs around also..

Booker
20-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I agree the service staffs at St James quite stuck up.... Even when I pay for drinks also must see their face.... Fierce...

:D

ShittyAss
22-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I agree the service staffs at St James quite stuck up.... Even when I pay for drinks also must see their face.... Fierce...

:D

haha...tats why i say...ma chiam we owe them $ like tat...and st jame most probably dun need customers' spending to maintain the joint loh...

Devilzz
22-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Though i am a regular for ex devil bar,i think dennis foo has went overboard this time. His joint and thai joint are difference concept and attract different crowd. If his business is doing bad,he should do a self reflection instead of pushing the blames to other.

ShittyAss
22-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Though i am a regular for ex devil bar,i think dennis foo has went overboard this time. His joint and thai joint are difference concept and attract different crowd. If his business is doing bad,he should do a self reflection instead of pushing the blames to other.

yup...regular for devils as well...devils those days still okie...not as ya ya as his staff from st james nows...i dun think he will surf this forum la...

knn...economy is bad...so he must be thinking how come still got ppl going to thai joints to hang flowers and drinks...likewise for those big ktv joints mah...still got ppl go hang flowers mah...hw come he dun comment on those big ktv joints sia...kaoz...comment only on small joints...no standard..:mad:

Devilzz
22-08-2009, 11:52 AM
yup...regular for devils as well...devils those days still okie...not as ya ya as his staff from st james nows...i dun think he will surf this forum la...

knn...economy is bad...so he must be thinking how come still got ppl going to thai joints to hang flowers and drinks...likewise for those big ktv joints mah...still got ppl go hang flowers mah...hw come he dun comment on those big ktv joints sia...kaoz...comment only on small joints...no standard..:mad:
From my understanding,this st james project involved many parties, so in order to answer for the falling sales,he had to find a scapegoat.

BncmI
22-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Those waiters at St James will be nice to big spenders and pretend not to see you or give attitude to others. I saw it with my own eyes, damn obvious!!

ShittyAss
22-08-2009, 04:32 PM
From my understanding,this st james project involved many parties, so in order to answer for the falling sales,he had to find a scapegoat.

haha...they profit for many years already la...time to pass the baton on man...

xxxlargexxxx
22-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I support thai pub too.

adamking
22-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Hypocrite and kiasu man, if he bombs thai joints tat has freelancers and even asking the authorities "If it's legal, let us know." nabei..what about "Living room"? the place is full of freelancers and who owns it? I think AVs should pay "Living room" a visit, if it's vice his talking about, he has been doing that for a longer time then thai joints...boycotting st james is what i am doing man..cb

fanclrock
22-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Hypocrite and kiasu man, if he bombs thai joints tat has freelancers and even asking the authorities "If it's legal, let us know." nabei..what about "Living room"? the place is full of freelancers and who owns it? I think AVs should pay "Living room" a visit, if it's vice his talking about, he has been doing that for a longer time then thai joints...boycotting st james is what i am doing man..cbBro,can enlighten me, what type of FL are operating in 'living room'.I never go there before.thank.

zhuhai69
22-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Bro fanlrock, you can forget about that place, all filipinos, thai and viet but they are not too keen on locals unless you are a spender, mostly target angmos. honestly, the sunday papers came to the public as a big surprise as in why CEO of st james would say such a thing about the thai clubs, sour grapes is the public's reaction.

Bro,can enlighten me, what type of FL are operating in 'living room'.I never go there before.thank.

fanclrock
22-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Bro fanlrock, you can forget about that place, all filipinos, thai and viet but they are not too keen on locals unless you are a spender, mostly target angmos. honestly, the sunday papers came to the public as a big surprise as in why CEO of st james would say such a thing about the thai clubs, sour grapes is the public's reaction.Like that no need to go liao,better go cheong those thai joints better,at least treated like king.

ShittyAss
23-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Hypocrite and kiasu man, if he bombs thai joints tat has freelancers and even asking the authorities "If it's legal, let us know." nabei..what about "Living room"? the place is full of freelancers and who owns it? I think AVs should pay "Living room" a visit, if it's vice his talking about, he has been doing that for a longer time then thai joints...boycotting st james is what i am doing man..cb

haha...this is a good one..i have been boycotting st james too...will uppz u my power return!

ShittyAss
23-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Like that no need to go liao,better go cheong those thai joints better,at least treated like king.

no need to be treated like king....at least when we visit st james..their staff treats us like customers! instead...they treated us as though they are the only joint in town and we lan lan have to visit them like tat! giving us stuck up and fxxx up attitude....cb...

I<3Ivy
23-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Problem is that many people who cheong at St.James and DF are not of the "happening" crowd... they are the late adopters who only NOW after seeing the newspaper article on Thai clubs know they exist and will start to try them out.

St. James and DF is still crowded mainly due to Pareto's Principle. 30/70.
Hopefully it will change. I never had any respect for that money grubbing Dennis...no respect for him or any of the ang moh worshipping S'poreans you see in Singapore Tatler.

cyber69_x69
23-08-2009, 01:55 PM

haha... me & my friends had boycot áll dennis joints since the old europa days....:D

adamking
23-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks bro, will uppz you too haha, you should start a poll on this topic man, it's true that the mgt there is damn yaya, like what u say like we lanlan have to cheong there like that, knn, we also spend $ what, that is why i have stopped going to all DF's clubs, even my female friends stopped going there and now they even cheong thai clubs.

haha...this is a good one..i have been boycotting st james too...will uppz u my power return!

Max77
23-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Go where ever u r worshipped to get good services.

Those club like St James can get local syt ONS. If the boss knows me or i'm super yandao or drove a flashy car wif a Amex Platinum tat auto pay. I will go there. Sure got entertained.

Those club like BS/NBJ can get foreign syt. If i'm wearing bermuda/slippers or bad-hair-day or taking the bus wif about a hundred bucks or two inside my wallet. I will go there. Sure got entertained.

I guess the oni diff is WHO u going wif. Can't bring innocent bro to BS to get raped;can't bring experienced bro to St James to be bored to death.

Last time St James got vip card. Now business too good liao so even vip card got "expiry date" liao...no wonder everyone is looking for new joints (sure service good good)

poonani
24-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Bro,can enlighten me, what type of FL are operating in 'living room'.I never go there before.thank.

Brix at Grand Hyatt and Living Room at Marriott are SPG hangouts.

Since so many orang puteh looking for free pick-up, there is a market for spill-over from Orchard Towers' FLs to try their luck.

Actually it is very easy to get a one night stand at these places - just need emotional commitment and drinks budget of $150 for two.

Why we pay whores is not for them to stay but to go away. Just look at my expat neighbours' cars - all got key marks from SPGs that have been dumped. Never bring a SPG to your condo - they will never leave! (few times seen police being called)

greenboy
24-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Wah, all this talk bout st james. i havent really gone there before. went there about twice only. First time went to dragon fly... tout they should change name to housefly as there is super attitude and is really a cash sapping location. second is boilers. there i find is not too bad. Maybe is because my friend knows one of the waiter, but the drinks is still super ex. I think i still go back to my fav joint in MS better. At least i know over there 100 can drink till siao. Haha. Cheap Joint with plenty of fun. I think some bros know where i talking about. 1 jug 12 bucks.:rolleyes:
Nvr trird thai joints because i dunno how the LD stuff works. Maybe some bro care to show me around, but i like a bit of a challenge, and worst of all, my OC damm strict de. haiz.

Just wanna share my thoughts. Thanks all. (",)

Greyface
24-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Go where ever u r worshipped to get good services.

I guess the oni diff is WHO u going wif. Can't bring innocent bro to BS to get raped;can't bring experienced bro to St James to be bored to death.

:D, sometime it's true.
It's the Bros who u hang out with that decide where is the destination to cheong, not the services or girls there.

Max77
24-08-2009, 09:05 PM

...Since so many orang puteh looking for free pick-up...

St James a bit sian liao. Tomorrow .i'll dye my hair copper yellow and practise my Austral's tone.

The night b4: Hey pretty lady, mind if i share a table wif yar? Comes wif a bottle of Chateu...

Next day wake up: Eh nabeh u still here ah? Room don't need money one ah? Stop right there! Where's my hoon ki? :p

... I think i still go back to my fav joint in MS better... Haha. Cheap Joint with plenty of fun. I think some bros know where i talking about. 1 jug 12 bucks.:rolleyes:...

Psss...lobang boleh gib gib? :p

Max77
24-08-2009, 09:11 PM

...Since so many orang puteh looking for free pick-up...

St James a bit sian liao. Tomorrow .i'll dye my hair copper yellow and practise my Austral's tone.

The night b4: Hey pretty lady, mind if i share a table wif yar? Comes wif a bottle of Chateu...

Next day wake up: Eh nabeh u still here ah? Room don't need money one ah? Stop right there! Where's my hoon ki? :p

... I think i still go back to my fav joint in MS better... Haha. Cheap Joint with plenty of fun. I think some bros know where i talking about. 1 jug 12 bucks.:rolleyes:...

Psss...lobang boleh gib gib? :p

ShittyAss
24-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks bro, will uppz you too haha, you should start a poll on this topic man, it's true that the mgt there is damn yaya, like what u say like we lanlan have to cheong there like that, knn, we also spend $ what, that is why i have stopped going to all DF's clubs, even my female friends stopped going there and now they even cheong thai clubs.

>> Cos when st james started...u realised that there arent many joints out there...except for MOS...which is too noisy and international liao....then whenever i visit fly....ma chaim we lan lan have to visit like tat...cos its the 'only' joint around....

female chiong club zinc leh...i kana stone when i was kinda 'con' into going to club zinc....all male singers...duh...haha.....

ShittyAss
24-08-2009, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=I<3Ivy;4035717]Problem is that many people who cheong at St.James and DF are not of the "happening" crowd... they are the late adopters who only NOW after seeing the newspaper article on Thai clubs know they exist and will start to try them out.
QUOTE]

>> Totally agreed with you on the late adopters...some of my colleagues whom never club in their life started going fly like visiting a zoo!....wahaha...

sexerguy1
27-08-2009, 11:53 PM
wow fool fool should be very happy past week alot thai club raided and i have chit chat with some of my friend why fool fool want to ask the newpaper to help him and he tell me that you dont know that fool fool is a kia su person but i think he is fool fool because he is helping all the thai club im sjames customer and i never be to thai club until i visit there after i visit the club i think mr fool business were affected that why he bei ta han i think now mr fool fool want the crowd back to sjames onlyway is to do the same thing ask the newpaper to help him to write about living room there have alot of vietnamese and mogolian cha bor sit with the customer but i think mr fool were not fool fool to do that anyway he no need to worry because he have a very strong backup but i think that the newpaper were not do that so i find that the newpaper is very unfair it is because he is fool fool ha ha ha.