PDA

View Full Version : Anyone of you got spammed with advertisements due to giving your contact number here?

Shocking_vibes
30-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I only give out my number when i ask for FL contacts that's all. Yet someone sent me an advertisement telling me he got my number from this forum and wanted to sell starhub cable decoder to me. He gave me the url:
Decoder (http://sbfdecoder.blogspot.com/) and told me his name is Sam when i sms him asking for his nick here he did not reply.

Just wondering did u guys ever get such sms advertisements? Also i got adverts from laksaboy.org which is the other forum of some okts here. :mad:

Johnston
30-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Under no circumstance should you post your number in any open internet forum. :cool:

Even if all you do is PM okts or people asking or sharing contacts, it is advisable to have a dedicated number for all chionging activity. This should be a pre pay card preferably register to other people and the SIM card should be hidden away and inserted in its own dedicate phone. (nowadays phones are 60$ or less new without line)

You definetely do not want
1) loss of HP with all juicy contacts/message/pics and what else in it
2) OC or GF getting nosy, kapok your phone and check see what in it.
3) OC or GF putting forward a "exchange phone for one day and see what message each other get" test
4) nosy parkers calling/msging you selling stuff :D

basic phone security to cover chiongster ass> ;)

Shocking_vibes
30-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Under no circumstance should you post your number in any open internet forum. :cool:

Even if all you do is PM okts or people asking or sharing contacts, it is advisable to have a dedicated number for all chionging activity. This should be a pre pay card preferably register to other people and the SIM card should be hidden away and inserted in its own dedicate phone. (nowadays phones are 60$ or less new without line)

You definetely do not want
1) loss of HP with all juicy contacts/message/pics and what else in it
2) OC or GF getting nosy, kapok your phone and check see what in it.
3) OC or GF putting forward a "exchange phone for one day and see what message each other get" test
4) nosy parkers calling/msging you selling stuff :D

basic phone security to cover chiongster ass> ;)

Nope have never posted number publicly, only pm it to some ppl for contacts. That is why the person who sms me that is most likely someone i asked for contacts or something.

Johnston
31-07-2009, 06:34 AM
have a dedicated number and dedicate phone for chionging activitys :cool:

this defend at the very least from sticky situation where oc/gf checks phone and u have explaining to do. :D

its not that hard to do, one 100$ and you will hve a new phone and a pre-pay card to go with it.

trust me it will be the best 100$ u ever spent.

phone + card = 100$
safe of mind from OC checking = priceless! :cool: