PDA

View Full Version : Today Newspaper on PDMM

tys90246
25-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Finally today newspaper have a column write about the PDMM. i don't know whether this guy is one of us or not. but he said that he is operated two massage parlour and recently because of the working permit limitation of the PDMM, and now he is limited source of the working force to help him run his business. To bad, i think it's only us will concern about the massage parlour and non of those outside understand the need of this business in singapore. And Singapore goverment is not going to help this business...
what's your comment?

tys90246
26-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Read today streat, one of the PDMM told that she spend 12000 to set up a massage parlour, and she can earn 3000 per month, wow, that's really a good business. The return rate is very high.

owen10
27-08-2003, 12:06 AM
not surprising tt d prc is bringing in 3k/mth

juz imagine, she opens a tui na shop, paying rent, say 2k/mth

employ 3 gals whom she takes a 50% cut for each customer served

supposing each gal service 5 customers at $40/day, boss gets $100/gal, total $300 for the 3 gals for 1 day ... in 1 mth's time can easily hit 9k. Minus rent can still get 7k.

I'm not sure if all shops share the same practice ie boss gets 50% cut fr each gal's takings for the day but at least this is true for the few I went to.

Kdajong99
27-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by owen10

supposing each gal service 5 customers at $40/day, boss gets $100/gal, total $300 for the 3 gals for 1 day ... in 1 mth's time can easily hit 9k. Minus rent can still get 7k.

I'm not sure if all shops share the same practice ie boss gets 50% cut fr each gal's takings for the day but at least this is true for the few I went to.

But as more and more Tui na shops open, the pie gets smaller and smaller. The ones that earns most are the pioneers. Those that follow the tail will eventually get burn. :o

leekme
27-08-2003, 10:12 AM
First of all with the new MOM regulation, hiring gals is now a major problem, as pdmm cannot get permit, and other gals are hard to come by.

Secondly, estimate of 5 customers per day is on the high side. This is maybe possible on good days like Thursday, Friday, weekends and holidays, but also not most definitely, on bad days they can have no customers. Or unless the gal provides good special and has a good pool of regulars. But in general, I would say a better estimate would be 3 customers per day on average, bringing their income to about $1.5k per month considering an off day every week, but not including tips. Tips amount varies and is hard to predict.

Base on the above assumptions, to be getting $7k per month for the owner is possible but the shop must have quite a few gals (maybe 5-6), and relatively more cubicles, 4 minimum I would say. But again, more cubicles mean you need a bigger shop and that means higher rent.

Leek

owen10
27-08-2003, 10:22 PM
bro leekme (or anyone)

juz curious .. sinz u r a lao jiao to d tui na scene, do u knw what happens to d ugly looking, undesirable, unpopular tui na gal if she doesnt get any business whole day? does she not get paid at all?? if no pay, then eat what huh??? fr what i knw,normally tui na gals do not get basic pay - normally get 1/2 of the charge for the massage.

Kdajong99
27-08-2003, 10:27 PM
bro leekme (or anyone)

juz curious .. sinz u r a lao jiao to d tui na scene, do u knw what happens to d ugly looking, undesirable, unpopular tui na gal if she doesnt get any business whole day? does she not get paid at all?? if no pay, then eat what huh??? fr what i knw,normally tui na gals do not get basic pay - normally get 1/2 of the charge for the massage.

Depends on the shop owner lor. If he/she is smart, 1/2 the charge for massage is more worth it for him rather than basic pay. No overheads mah. N on commission basis, the massuer will put in more effort in pulling clients. If entire day no customers then the PDMM eat grass lor.

HCMAN
28-08-2003, 03:45 AM
ya my friend from mom went raid those china pple

leekme
28-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Yup, no basic, no customers, no business, no income! Despite such unfair deal, some owners still demand strict work policies like punctuality, no early dismissal even when no customers, min lunch time (eat within building, no such thing as 1 hour lunch, come back immediately after finish eating or order and eat in), etc.

So for those undesirable ones that don't get any business, it's out they go! However so far I noticed that even the undesirable ones (to me) seem to also get some deals here and there. They may have made up for their lack of looks with good services, attitude, and any other ways possible.

Leek
bro leekme (or anyone)