PDA

View Full Version : Edison Chen breaks silence on sex scandal

newyorker88
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Looks like he really regret it.

Edison Chen breaks silence on sex scandal
Posted: 02 June 2009 1217 hrs

HONG KONG : He has retreated from showbiz, dealt with death threats and now disgraced pop idol Edison Chen who has been embroiled in Asia's biggest sex scandal, is ready to reveal his side of the story.

The star who reportedly returned to Hong Kong about two weeks ago to settle some business matters - his father had recently declared bankruptcy - revealed in an interview with CNN's Talk Asia that like the other female celebrities involved in the scandal, he too was a victim.

"I believed I was a victim. I believed that I was hurt by this a lot," he told CNN. "I knew that I had nothing to do with the spreading of these photos."

The lewd pictures which he said were taken with women's full consent, showed Chen in compromising positions with at least half a dozen women, including Canto-pop star Gillian Chung, actress Cecilia Cheung and former actress Bobo Chan.

Chen told CNN he was terrified when the scandal broke in February last year. "I was afraid to go anywhere. I was travelling around when I was still in Hong Kong in trunks of taxis, literally, just to get to places," he said.

"I had to be in the trunk for 15 minutes. I didn't even know if I had enough oxygen to be honest with you."

"Even when I had left Asia and I had went to Canada and America, it took me
three months to really get out of the shell that I had put myself in. I mean, I was in darkness for five days," he added.

"I had my drapes closed and I didn't even want to go anywhere."

The photos became an Internet sensation when they were stolen from Chen's laptop when he sent it in for repairs in 2006 and circulated online, forcing the 29-year-old into early retirement and sending him fleeing to his childhood home of Canada.

Like Chen, some of the starlets have endured similar public disgrace and their careers have been ruined.

While Chen has apologised for any hurt or embarrassment caused soon after the photos surfaced last year, he has not spoken to any of the girls identified in the photos since the scandal broke.

"Initially it was because I couldn't find them. Secondly, it was because I didn't really know how to approach and really what to say to be honest with you," Chen told CNN.

Cheung, wife of Hong Kong star Nicholas Tse, has publicly lashed out at the actor and accused him of being a hypocrite, saying the apology was all an act to "win the public's forgiveness".

In an interview with iCable in February 2009, Cheung said, "He has never apologised to us personally. He should at least have called us to say sorry if he genuinely admitted his mistake."

"The photos are still circulating online. How can we live a healthy and happy life? How can we put ourselves back on our feet?" she added.

Responding to the accusations, Chen said, "I'm not trying to say that that justifies any wrong doing that she thinks I've done to her, but I hope that she can understand and I hope that she can forgive me either today or one day, and she'll understand that I had my difficulties and I really, really never wished this to happen upon anyone and I still respect her."

Hong Kong computer technician Sze Ho Chun who was found guilty of stealing, copying and distributing about 1,300 photos, has been sentenced to eight and a half months' jail

tomvoyeur
03-06-2009, 12:49 AM
The saga rumbles on....Dunno why ppl are pointing their fingers at Edison when the ladies are also willing participants in the "shoots"???!! Guess its easier to blame someone else than yourself when things go wrong. ;)

Andii3
03-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I really pity him and what he says is true. If you point the camera at theirs faces and they are willing, how can we blame him. Well, a lesson learnt though, be careful with the pics and vids you take..

beck7777
03-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Guess why Cecilia Chueng was so pissed was the whole world know how bushy she was? :rolleyes:

Though Edison should have said something or apologised earlier, still in a way, he is indeed a victim...

tz123
03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
People must remember it take two hands to clap, in this case all are victim. But too bad, most ppl are on the girl victim side......even in sg also the same case, when a girl cried rape,chances is the guy will get the punishment.

cannon
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Technology had somehow contributed to the erosion some of our basic liberties.

plop1
03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Edison is definitely to blame..... he took those pics and videos ....and he's not tech-smart enough..

The women allow the pics and vids to be taken because he sweet-talked them into it and that it would be his private collection.....(He probably have shown them to friends and brag about it even, who knows?)

But he's too tech-stupid.....

How can anyone put your collection in a PC? You should have an external hard disk and store those there instead!

Even if you store the data in your PC, you should have at least put some security onto it like a password or something....but he didn't....

And the best part is sending it to another person for repair.....If you know you have sensitive data, you should be getting the person to come to your house and do the repair and supervise him, so that he's not looking through your private folders!

Moral of the story.....It pays to be tech-savvy especially in such technology age....You don't have to be ultra-tech-smart.....but know enough to get yourself out of trouble...

asspanker
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
partly its so big a news as its dealing with well known celebrities or to certain extent people in the entertainment circle. It could have been an everyday person just like the guy/ gal on the street.

He should have been more careful with his private stuff for sure. As in most cases, the ladies always bear most of the shame and hurt than the men.

Da Bomb
03-06-2009, 03:24 PM
those girls seem to been enjoying themselves too.....during the photoshoot & other "in/out" actions:rolleyes::D

Many men are jealous of edison dat's why many are out there to make him go dwn with this piece of shitty news. Jealous reason - 1 dick to so many starry holes, why not me? hahaaahahaa:cool:

WWEF
03-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Hong Kong computer technician Sze Ho Chun who was found guilty of stealing, copying and distributing about 1,300 photos, has been sentenced to eight and a half months' jail

For me all of them are victims and culprits at the same time.

But the question is not who is responsible anyway, it's when, we poor but horny samsters ever have the chance to to view all the 1300 pictures...:D

Da Bomb
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
For me all of them are victims and culprits at the same time.

But the question is not who is responsible anyway, it's when, we poor but horny samsters ever have the chance to to view all the 1300 pictures...:D

reportedly, it's more than 1300 pics taken

CashDeposit
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Those girls are victims too...edison is a victim too...

But seems like edison is the culprit? why? all girls are willing parties mah!!!

cdces
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
If the gals are STUPID enough to let him shoot... Why the Fxxk complain?
I think that this whole Phenomenon about teens spreading for their bfs is all a JOKE! If thhey seriously think that their bf will not use it against them after breakup or when they trade their old phones in or send for repair.. Then they should have use their TITS to think twice...