PDA

View Full Version : Any bros here cheong in this manner???

longwinter
18-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Wonder if any cheongsters are like that, belong to such category??? Every mth work and then just simply spent most or a large portion of the $ to cheong and have fun with girls..then scrimp on food and drinks...

l do have a friend who is like that...mthly pay ard 2k...but can spent 1.5k on cheonging activities...dare to cheong and have fun...then save on his food and drinks, scrimp like hell....:o

And Last time, was talking cock with a WL, and she did mentioned to me abt some of her customer, paywise per mth 5k, can save 4k on cheonging expenses...:eek: For me, l think cheong can cheong la..but must to a limit la..not to the extent of cheong until scrimp on food and drinks..like that also kinda unhealthy...

so what are ur views and opinions abt this matter???

LentorGarden
18-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes that is right. Cheong can cheong but must cheong in a disciplined manner. I cap myself and only allow myself to spend 1k on cheonging for a month, sometimes have exceptions lar but not all the times. We work hard must play hard definitely but we must also save hard for the raining days! :D

gilagila100
18-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Bro TS,

There are actually quite a lot of people like this.

Pay is peanuts but still spend like mad to cheong.

When the small head take over the big head tats wat happens.

It has become some sort of unhealthy obsession.

supershaft
18-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Crazy leh... till scrimp on food.?? then sperm cant replenish healthily how??? must eat more hum and clams also not cheap leh... joking... anyway, best to minimise cos, more$ spent on cheonging, higher chances of getting STD. So wats the point. n practise smart cheonging $50 cat and $150 is still pussy so no point paying premium unless marginal utility is far greater (super super chio $150 vs normal $50) but usually sama sama. 3 for $10 durians smtimes can be gd if u take ur time to find and lock in. Rather lose $$ in stk mkt than in pussies... juz my 2 cts worth...:D

longwinter
18-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Bro TS,

There are actually quite a lot of people like this.

Pay is peanuts but still spend like mad to cheong.

When the small head take over the big head tats wat happens.

It has become some sort of unhealthy obsession.

ya, l do feel that it is kinda unhealthy obsession to cheong in such a manner, that is why l highlite and post this thread....cheong and cheong, but scrimp on the food and drinks...altot cheong is a very fun activity, but sumhow we should balance it, tio bo???

longwinter
18-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes that is right. Cheong can cheong but must cheong in a disciplined manner. I cap myself and only allow myself to spend 1k on cheonging for a month, sometimes have exceptions lar but not all the times. We work hard must play hard definitely but we must also save hard for the raining days! :D

Ya...u emphasized the key word here...and it is Disciplined..

Sometimes have exceptions like overcheong is alrite la...l myself do overcheong at times...but definitely not to the extent of everytime bah....

louis2002
18-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I was like at KTV almost twice a week a couple of years back.... Cheonging is like an addiction which I can't control....... almost 70% of my salary spent on booze & women...........

One fine day I suddenly come to my senses.... Now I only cheong once in a blue moon.......

Those were the wild dayzz............... Haizzzzzzzzzzzz........:(

elth
18-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I used to spent around $800 for fl a mths, I know to some bros here this is only peanuts :D now have to save cos got many bills to pay haizz

longwinter
18-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I used to spent around $800 for fl a mths, I know to some bros here this is only peanuts :D now have to save cos got many bills to pay haizz

peanuts or not, l guess doesnt matters la...afterall diff ppl diff lifestyles..so dun nid to compare all these de...

HPoirot
18-05-2009, 07:41 PM
i used to get about 500 a month as allowance, no other source of income.

i'd spend about half that and then eat like a monk. an anorexic monk.

that was dumb. haha

muachi
18-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes, cheong with discipline with a budget per month, and a certain percentage of savings (even small porting) it does not matter. Very rich bros who got high budget may not feel the pinch but when one reach a stage of no income then is the most regretable painful experience. So bottomeline, always cheong but with your own budget and discipline. Talk is easy to discipline but temptation is another matter. We are humans being.

LentorGarden
18-05-2009, 08:37 PM
No leh, its quite easy for me. This 1 week, whatever FL i try to make contact with either, her aunty came liao or else boh reply. I was left out to dry and I saved some cash myself. :D

kwaychup
18-05-2009, 08:44 PM
well TS
maybe your friend has no commitments in life yet.
thus he can spend on whatever he deems like doing.
as a friend, you can try to talk with him about it.

As for myself, usually i only go for 1 massage n 1 ktv a month
sometimes even like 2 months a time.
even including tarbaos n such i think i spend less than 500 a month on such activities. :D

Niceman
18-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Last time when young, can chiong HC like 3-4 times a week, and sometime KTV also. Now, retired liao. Prefer kopi-o and TCSS with friends.

Diff ppl diff lives. Not for us to judge.

blade
18-05-2009, 08:57 PM
i have seen many pple who chiong this way in my previous job...joined them sometimes but not always...basically in that job we work odd hours...long hours...and there are periods where we worked, go chiong, come back work place and slp(yeah our work place do provide slping area as some assignment takes a v long time to finish) and continue to work...no need go home for 1-2 weeks...shag, tired but lan jiao song...haha 60% of pay go into the booze or chionging session...

Oralcraz
18-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Used to have a friend(married) who is like this. Salary $1.5k, cheong ktv PRC everyweek once or twice. Not enough, borrow from friends. Like that more jiak lak. One day, owe too much liao, cry baby, request friends for help. End up divorce...then marry ktv PRC:confused:. Now drive taxi.
As for myself, once a blue moon.

HCKing
19-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Used to have a friend(married) who is like this. Salary $1.5k, cheong ktv PRC everyweek once or twice. Not enough, borrow from friends. Like that more jiak lak. One day, owe too much liao, cry baby, request friends for help. End up divorce...then marry ktv PRC:confused:. Now drive taxi.
As for myself, once a blue moon.

does he still chiong after marry ktv PRC? or all $ spent on her liao no more 4 chiong?:D

owen10
19-05-2009, 12:38 AM
no offence to d SAF Regulars, but when i was an NSF, i knw of many young regulars who go chiong KTV every weekend, sometimes weekdays. most of these young punks r loaded, or rather they feel so loaded cos they r in their 1st contract, earning good $$$ n no family commitment. so much of their mthly income they juz splurge on entertainment.

Panamera
19-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I know a group of drinking kaki who cheong every single day including Sunday..I reckon they spend almost 75% of their salary in HFJ. Its their livestyle and it's sad though, they dont seems to have a life at all. Did try to talk some sense with a few of them but to no avail.

They are what we called:

“月光族” : 一到月底就把钱用光光、花光光的“负翁”.

富不过30天;穷不了一个月, 月光仙子 - “月月光”

LentorGarden
19-05-2009, 02:48 AM
I know one uncle at my clubhouse. He always comes to hang around and once in a blue moon he hits the jackpot room. So having met him a couple of times, we started to exchange conversations. He is a married man with 2 kids. He had a good education but wasted his future when he committed something illegal and was sent to jail for 2 years. After getting out of jail, he was unable to find a proper job so he took to driving a taxi.

He visits geylang and its WLs every single night that he drives! According to what he told me .. He will drive for about 2 hours and then he stops over at geylang and hook up with one WL and then do the deed and then after doing the deed, he will go back to driving his cab. He told me that one day he earns only about $30 to $40 (after minusing off his taxi rental for half a day as well as damage for WL) because of his habit and he is the sole bread winner. Wah si beh jialat I tell you. At that point of time, I thought that he was bullshitting until one day when I was at geylang, I saw him being hussled around by 2 PRC meimeis and he saw me and appeared to be very paiseh. As I am still in contact with him, I've been trying to persuade him to kick this addictive habit of his or at the very least, cut down on the numerous visits to geylang but it seems that he is unable to control his urges because every now and then, he still calls me up begging for me to loan him a couple of hundred bucks so that his kids can go to school with some pocket money.

Any brothers have some advice on how to help him? I really like this uncle, he is a fatherly figure to me, very friendly and is a sociable person. Cheers!

Oralcraz
19-05-2009, 09:42 AM
does he still chiong after marry ktv PRC? or all $ spent on her liao no more 4 chiong?:D

Hahaha:) You are half right. Now cannot cheong...cos everyday, PRC take all his earnings and give him some allowance. Very chiam. Actually before PRC, got good beautiful, sexy and capable wife. I see his ex-wife also cannot tahan. She was the bread winner with a few K income per month. However, she is very stern and a little nagging and monitor my friend's movement (cannot blame, cos he everytime try to cheong). So, he cannot tahan. Come to think of it, he isn't any better now.....in fact, I think worse.

Oralcraz
19-05-2009, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Panamera;3752032]I know a group of drinking kaki who cheong every single day including Sunday..I reckon they spend almost 75% of their salary in HFJ. Its their livestyle and it's sad though, they dont seems to have a life at all. Did try to talk some sense with a few of them but to no avail.

They are what we called:

“月光族” : 一到月底就把钱用光光、花光光的“负翁”.

富不过30天;穷不了一个月, 月光仙子 - “月月光”[/QUOTE

Surely to no avail as you mentioned, "Its their lifestyle". I just have to say that, as long as don't borrow money or overspend until neglect family, then by all means enjoy ourselves.

tataizi
19-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Wonder if any cheongsters are like that, belong to such category??? Every mth work and then just simply spent most or a large portion of the $ to cheong and have fun with girls..then scrimp on food and drinks...

l do have a friend who is like that...mthly pay ard 2k...but can spent 1.5k on cheonging activities...dare to cheong and have fun...then save on his food and drinks, scrimp like hell....:o

And Last time, was talking cock with a WL, and she did mentioned to me abt some of her customer, paywise per mth 5k, can save 4k on cheonging expenses...:eek: For me, l think cheong can cheong la..but must to a limit la..not to the extent of cheong until scrimp on food and drinks..like that also kinda unhealthy...

so what are ur views and opinions abt this matter???

I know of someone who spend more than he earn. Taking advance cash from credit card and using his card to clear bill. At time can not really understand his point of doing. Long term he will suffer.

Oralcraz
19-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I know one uncle at my clubhouse. He always comes to hang around and once in a blue moon he hits the jackpot room........
He visits geylang and its WLs every single night that he drives! According to what he told me .. He will drive for about 2 hours and then he stops over at geylang and hook up with one WL and then do the deed and then after doing the deed, he will go back to driving his cab. He told me that one day he earns only about $30 to $40 (after minusing off his taxi rental for half a day as well as damage for WL) because of his habit and he is the sole bread winner. .......... he still calls me up begging for me to loan him a couple of hundred bucks so that his kids can go to school with some pocket money.

Any brothers have some advice on how to help him? I really like this uncle, he is a fatherly figure to me, very friendly and is a sociable person. Cheers!

Well, seems like quite jiak lak...but "old habits die hard". As u address him as "uncle", he must be quite senior in age. Only his love for the family can help him. Which means, he must wake up and realize himself that his kids, wife is more important. Then like trying to quit smoking. From 20 sticks to 10, then to 5 etc. So, from every single night, to 3 times per week to once etc. Not asking him to stop. Cannot one...but reduce periodically. Good luck to him.

tataizi
19-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I know one uncle at my clubhouse. He always comes to hang around and once in a blue moon he hits the jackpot room. So having met him a couple of times, we started to exchange conversations. He is a married man with 2 kids. He had a good education but wasted his future when he committed something illegal and was sent to jail for 2 years. After getting out of jail, he was unable to find a proper job so he took to driving a taxi.

He visits geylang and its WLs every single night that he drives! According to what he told me .. He will drive for about 2 hours and then he stops over at geylang and hook up with one WL and then do the deed and then after doing the deed, he will go back to driving his cab. He told me that one day he earns only about $30 to $40 (after minusing off his taxi rental for half a day as well as damage for WL) because of his habit and he is the sole bread winner. Wah si beh jialat I tell you. At that point of time, I thought that he was bullshitting until one day when I was at geylang, I saw him being hussled around by 2 PRC meimeis and he saw me and appeared to be very paiseh. As I am still in contact with him, I've been trying to persuade him to kick this addictive habit of his or at the very least, cut down on the numerous visits to geylang but it seems that he is unable to control his urges because every now and then, he still calls me up begging for me to loan him a couple of hundred bucks so that his kids can go to school with some pocket money.

Put it this way. If he is responsible and does think of the consequence, he should have reduce or stop gradually. He is not the one suffering but his kids. Advice him to turn his attention to his kids and he will kick off this habit somehow down the road.

aczeta76
19-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Tat way of cheonging is asking for trouble lah... scrimp on food later where got energy to cheong.

Always buffer for investment, savings and pro-tect the future before marking out the amount you wish to spend.

:p

kwaychup
19-05-2009, 10:37 AM
most of these young punks r loaded, or rather they feel so loaded cos they r in their 1st contract, earning good $$$ n no family commitment. so much of their mthly income they juz splurge on entertainment.

to some extend i agree with you. but most of these instances i would see during my times when i was still playing in mirc. have the "friend" who is SPF regular. basic ard 3k+, got car. go out with him, he always wanna be the "big bro" can pay for alot.
but in the back always lend money from us, citing need to pay installements for car, gf tummy big etc etc etc.
still remember me and my grp of friends have to go to him house and get money he owes us.

ever talk to him about it? sometimes reality has to bite him before he can wake up.

I know of someone who spend more than he earn. Taking advance cash from credit card and using his card to clear bill. At time can not really understand his point of doing. Long term he will suffer.

another of my irc friend declare bankrupt over 20k cc bill due to this as well.

Regular^^
19-05-2009, 10:58 AM
i earn 3k permonth. i spend 3k to cheong.cos i am living on credit. :)

dormant
19-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Anything taken in access become an obsession and when that happens it is very difficult to pull back. So moderation is the answer. But then it is easier said than done.

newyorker88
19-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Last time when young, can chiong HC like 3-4 times a week, and sometime KTV also. Now, retired liao. Prefer kopi-o and TCSS with friends.

Diff ppl diff lives. Not for us to judge.

When you get older, cheonging naturally wanes...

:)

newyorker88
19-05-2009, 11:09 AM
no offence to d SAF Regulars, but when i was an NSF, i knw of many young regulars who go chiong KTV every weekend, sometimes weekdays. most of these young punks r loaded, or rather they feel so loaded cos they r in their 1st contract, earning good $$$ n no family commitment. so much of their mthly income they juz splurge on entertainment.

Yes, you are right, we use to cheong like no tomorrow. Life in Army is worthless, that is why alcohol is given to us cheaply, so we can drink and die earlier.

The NCOs will often cheong together and wait for their next pay day to come on the 10th.

Just dont get into unnecessary trouble, that will do:D

ProjectSawadee
19-05-2009, 11:15 AM
well everyone has different earning power. each one should know how much they can spend on cheonging, calling FL etc etc. Those bro that can't control mostlikely will OD one day.

I think we should just earn $$$$ 1st. NO $$ NO HONEY. when you have all the $$$$ you can have almost any thing you can buy with $$$$$.

cheers
PS

emokid
19-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Like wat most of bros mentioned, discipline n moderation are the key words. Jus like food, u eat in moderation, stay healthy. Eat too much "hum" oso not good lah.. eat in moderation is the best.

Actually i can relate this habit donkey years back. Not into cheonging, but collection of thai amulets(No offense to buddhist n collectors). I worked part time after 'O' level n earned abt 1K after cpf deduction. I jus started this hobby, thus very enthu. See good 1s, i jus buy. Simply no savings... :(

Within 6mths, i spent like nearly 5K on these amulets. :eek:... As i know the seller, he allows installment which make it worst! Mthly pay goes to these amulets... When i start poly, look @ my saving acc, WOW... past 6mths like work for FREE, i dun see $$... only see amulets... sigh.. REGRET!

Yrs later, I gave up on these amulets. Tried to resale but they seems worthless, cos others dunno if yours is fake.. People prefer brand new from shop or temple.. Ended up gave all to a fren.

From this, i had learnt my lesson. Do everything within ur means. Head SMALL dun wear BIG hat. I think my case not only relate to cheonging or hobby, but in all things u do in life. "Whatever You Do, Do Within Your Means". :)

Panamera
19-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Spend wisely within limits to ensure delivery of affordable, longlasting and sustainable enjoyment and pussies services

Panamera
19-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Well, if you dont take care of it, your credit debt will quickly result in a disastrous situation.

DO_YOU_BJ
19-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Normal mad crazy suicidal mentality.
Just like those who take car high loan, every month money used for installment & petrol, go office eat loti......no diff.....
Only one word to describe such people...KUM GONG!

Niceman
19-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Normal mad crazy suicidal mentality.
Just like those who take car high loan, every month money used for installment & petrol, go office eat loti......no diff.....
Only one word to describe such people...KUM GONG!

Ya Man !!!! Last time in office, got 1 salesman, sales not bad, buy BMW (2nd hand) and wore Rolex, but sting on food

bangbangben
19-05-2009, 01:12 PM
It's only a matter of time when 1 starts to prioritise in life.

When other priority roles over the current, then would they realise the importance and put more focus into what is really a "need" and what is to be termed as a "want".

Like, you "need" to feed your kids while you "want" to have fun.

I am not saint as well, I used to go KTV almost 3-4times per week. Bills chocking up to almost 5k per month while I was only earning 2k per month.
Looking back, I myself do not know how I make my own ends meet.
Nowadays, I hardly even go to a pub to drink. The most is Once a month or Once a Fort-Month do I visit a decent HC for a massage.

longwinter
19-05-2009, 11:59 PM
nice to see so many responses and views abt this matter :D

zennie
21-05-2009, 11:13 AM
if u feel urge to go FL .... yet no $$ ... i think PCC might help HA

kwaychup
21-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Woah bro, try not to do that. the bank interest rates also tai lang pang he 1
i ever saw my $10 overdue cc bill become $160 the next month.
immediately call them up n F them like no tomorrow

I am not saint as well, I used to go KTV almost 3-4times per week. Bills chocking up to almost 5k per month while I was only earning 2k per month.
Looking back, I myself do not know how I make my own ends meet.
Nowadays, I hardly even go to a pub to drink. The most is Once a month or Once a Fort-Month do I visit a decent HC for a massage.

You are also not a saint now too. :p

tataizi
21-05-2009, 01:17 PM
another of my irc friend declare bankrupt over 20k cc bill due to this as well.

Just no worth to be blacklisted over that 20k for the rest of his life.

kwaychup
21-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Just no worth to be blacklisted over that 20k for the rest of his life.

yeah but no one wanna lend him money to tide over, so he also LL :(