PDA

View Full Version : HIV testing after overseas In-camp training (ICT)

Birdy81
10-05-2009, 12:23 AM
hi all,

Me gg for overseas reservist ICT soon. Heard tt there will be compulsory HIV screening. May I know if that is true? Can we opt out?

Thanks in advance.

BeckTan
10-05-2009, 01:06 AM
hi all,

Me gg for overseas reservist ICT soon. Heard tt there will be compulsory HIV screening. May I know if that is true? Can we opt out?

Thanks in advance.

i think no way to opt out.i did tat oso

hosayboh
10-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Bro, opt out of ICT or opt out of screening? But u said screening is compulsory. :D

I feel if you have any doubts on your health, its better to know earlier than later, especially this kind of thing which is deadly and can be passed on.

Anyway, all the best and hope you clear your doubts with a clean bill of health.

joew2005
10-05-2009, 06:07 AM
aiya,think on the bright side la ......
u need not pay 4 it mah .......

Birdy81
10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
thanks all for your replies.

Compliments
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Bro, go for it. Its a good thing for them to provide free screening. Its better to live life without guilt and cheong safely.

smlee
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
thumbs up for singapore!!!:D

Free HIV screening

lblittlebear
10-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Good thing - it's FREE

Bad thing - it's no longer anonymous

thumbs up for singapore!!!:D

Free HIV screening

angrybigpenis
12-05-2009, 10:53 AM
If there is any, dun opt out unless you've been doing the camp commander's bitch.

I was sent to Sin Kuang for a short 3 months attachment with the reservist units during my NS days. They didn't give me any test when I came back, leh. Not even give me condom. Maybe because I am ad hoc spare list.....

But I did go out for R&R on 3 occasions. Of course got bonk a few girls.....they were just waiting outside......greenhorn(y) then.....cannot even remember the girls' names now.....wonder if she knew one of them got my virginity. :D

I think she was quite shocked when I took out the (big) box of condoms....didn't get to finish all 12 packets......only managed 7 or 8. First time own time, own target, all night long.

Ah, to be young and hard like diamonds again!

newyorker88
12-05-2009, 04:38 PM
It is ramdom check. Not all will be asked to do so. They still hand out condoms like in the past? During R & R? Old uncle still remembers. :D

smlee
13-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Good thing - it's FREE

Bad thing - it's no longer anonymous

What is the big deal with being anonymous? If you are positive, the last thing you want is to battle this alone.

Plus not anonymous doesn't mean they will tell any Tom, Dick and Harry. If you are married, only your spouse will be informed.