PDA

View Full Version : Is it egoism? Or Chauvinism? Or both?

Charmaine
17-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I've got a pretty interesting question I would like to ask all men out there, at the same time take a straw poll to form some preliminary conclusions.

If a man exhibits the following traits:

- want (or feel a need) to know what his girlfriend's daily schedule is, and expect her to be telling him that herself without him asking everyday, if not she "doesn't love him enough"

- expect to keep in touch everyday, expect her to miss him most of the time, and get angry whenever she fails to call him at his desired frequency

- pains him to know that she's had, or slept with, 6 guys before him, and always harping about her dating history because he's so hurt by it

- lose his temper whenever she goes out and gets drunk, even when she was just having fun with her girl friends, and claim that she's "not a good girl"

- get mighty pissed and overly possessive whenever he saw his girlfriend get all touchy with his guy friends, even though you know for sure there's nothing fishy going on between them and it's just a bit of fun

- not accept his girlfriend loving him less than he loves her? In other words, what he does for her she must reciprocate, or at least appreciate, if not "she doesn't love him"

- not accept giving more than receiving in a relationship

- expects his girlfriend to change certain things for him, attempting to mould her into his "desired personality in a girlfriend", rather than accommodating himself to her

is he just governed by egoism? Or chauvinism? Or both? Or is this about chauvinism at all? What would you call a man who exhibits all of the above traits?

Discuss. :)

BigR
17-04-2009, 06:44 PM
No need to discuss...

The guy is behaving like a girl..ask him to start wearing a skirt....

Or what is it that he is insecure about? His small package?

pewpew
17-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Thats how i expect a relationship to be when i was in Sec, but now, its all just selfishness, there are no such thing and it doesn't exist...

liberatte
17-04-2009, 07:00 PM
That ain't a man... If you label him as a girl, it will shame all girls...
Labeling him as a prick is too good...

egoism or chauvinism? IMHO, neither... he's worse than both added up together

Confederate SA
17-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Over possessive bordering on psycho. Come to think about like what some of the others said... very psycho chick behaviour.

procodin1
17-04-2009, 08:45 PM
this is not a man.perhaps shuld be call a boy instead.behaving like such a kiddo:eek:

Erasure
17-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I too was once like that....shame to say...

Its nothing to do with ego or chauvinism, its about maturity....when a person displays such traits, he simply just need to grow up, that's all....:)

TheSting
17-04-2009, 09:31 PM
- lose his temper whenever she goes out and gets drunk, even when she was just having fun with her girl friends, and claim that she's "not a good girl"

- get mighty pissed and overly possessive whenever he saw his girlfriend get all touchy with his guy friends, even though you know for sure there's nothing fishy going on between them and it's just a bit of fun

These 2... when together.. is a recipe for disaster....

Fusion
17-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Your Bf is what he is due to you.
Have you as a girlfriend is his mishap.
He should treat you as his FB instead.

Look at yourself and think of what you are doing before you blame
him.
If you write this, mean you do not love him at all.
Do a good deed, have a good fuck with him and let him go (breakup with him).

Why are you with him? Financially he is helping you?
I can do if you want to be my FB... And I will not behave like him because
you are only my FB.

flux
17-04-2009, 09:41 PM
- want (or feel a need) to know what his girlfriend's daily schedule is, and expect her to be telling him that herself without him asking everyday, if not she "doesn't love him enough"

Sorry. I didn't bother to read the rest cos the first statement says it all. He is just a insecure young boy who needs to grow up. By leaving him, you are doing more good for him. :)

fattyman
17-04-2009, 09:54 PM
He is a petty sissy, not man, also nothing to discuss further :D

Fusion
17-04-2009, 09:58 PM
TS,

You are a guy....
So this must be you writing about yourself.
Dump that girl....
Give her one last screw...
Screw her ass...
Then dump her...
Be a man.... You are a better man...
She is making you to be a petty man...the fault not yours.

bh69
17-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Obsessive love :(

geckoSG
17-04-2009, 10:15 PM
I label the guy as a loser and the gal as a bitch.

Why bitch U may ask.

She goes around touchy with all his friends, sooner or later she goes lay
around in bed with all his friends... look at the number of such postings
here and U will know... The force is strong among us...

Nothing is harmless, just doing things adult normally do, shag babe yeah!

HCKing
18-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Thats how i expect a relationship to be when i was in Sec, but now, its all just selfishness, there are no such thing and it doesn't exist...

u r right man, its plain selfishness. this kinda person has a self centred character whereby he would expect the other party's life to be centred around his. basically he is much more concerned abt his ego, his feelings, his needs and his face etc when in a relationship. his notion of love means the other party 'belongs' to him and must accomodate herself to his lifestyle and expectations in order to 'deserve' his love.

D_Silver
18-04-2009, 01:44 AM
~SNIP~

I call the guy insecure.

Must understand that relationships are 2 way streets - must give and take.

Most guys are naturally possessive - some girls see it as a sign of love, some see it as a stranglehold. Really depends on each individual's take.

As with everything, too much of will hurt - must take in moderation only then can tahan! ^__^

cumfast
18-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I've got a pretty interesting question I would like to ask all men out there, at the same time take a straw poll to form some preliminary conclusions.

- want (or feel a need) to know what his girlfriend's daily schedule is, and expect her to be telling him that herself without him asking everyday, if not she "doesn't love him enough" --> possessive, some women also like that, the first part quite ok IMO

- expect to keep in touch everyday, expect her to miss him most of the time, and get angry whenever she fails to call him at his desired frequency --> possessive, some women also like that, this one quite serious IMO but it's important to keep in touch everyday.

- pains him to know that she's had, or slept with, 6 guys before him, and always harping about her dating history because he's so hurt by it --> EGO

- lose his temper whenever she goes out and gets drunk, even when she was just having fun with her girl friends, and claim that she's "not a good girl" --> he's being naughty lah... "not a good girl" sounds sexy.

- get mighty pissed and overly possessive whenever he saw his girlfriend get all touchy with his guy friends, even though you know for sure there's nothing fishy going on between them and it's just a bit of fun --> Possessive... some people can tahan, others can't... IMO I am the kind that can't and I find nothing wrong with this...

- not accept his girlfriend loving him less than he loves her? In other words, what he does for her she must reciprocate, or at least appreciate, if not "she doesn't love him" --> calculative love is really unhealthy...

- not accept giving more than receiving in a relationship --> this is really subjective... he might be the one giving more than receiving than you thought?

- expects his girlfriend to change certain things for him, attempting to mould her into his "desired personality in a girlfriend", rather than accommodating himself to her --> relationships is about you change for him and he change for you... two way... any one of you who tries to make it one-way is egoistic IMO...

is he just governed by egoism? Or chauvinism? Or both? Or is this about chauvinism at all? What would you call a man who exhibits all of the above traits?

my replies...

loster
18-04-2009, 09:40 AM
if the guy is married to this gal, wait does this make him?

tomvoyeur
18-04-2009, 12:55 PM
The subject sounds like a sociopath with obsessive compulsive behaviour traits. Maybe a psych eval can do him some good? :cool:

keano
18-04-2009, 03:14 PM
sorta a repeated topics from this TS...if you see his previous threads..

relax man...just fuck e girl and move on.

giggz83
18-04-2009, 03:26 PM
I too was once like that....shame to say...

Its nothing to do with ego or chauvinism, its about maturity....when a person displays such traits, he simply just need to grow up, that's all....:)

bro; i'm with you too! i behave exactly the same; and yes, it's the maturity level then. i was arrogant and thought too highly of myself, kinda like the mr know everything. but well .. she left me and i learnt a very very important life lesson.

i always believed a man has to die first before he learnt to live; i have "died" once i guess, and now; i'm living my life - beautifully! :)

cheers

XiaoHoUzi83
18-04-2009, 05:34 PM
this is juz from the guy point of view...

is nothing near egoism or but a little bit of chauvinism...

presuming u r the guy in the picture

-would you want ur girl to patronize Sammyboyforum?
-does her past histories really matters unless the 6 guys she slept with is before ur 'tenture'
-that the pt abt going clubbing or disco, the guys get toucjy and the girls usually gets touch (maybe trend different now) by seeing her getting touchy would mean u r ard too. (alternatively, u can show her whos boss, go touch other ppl)
-dont hold on to something too thight, u will aqueeze life out of it.
-and if u cant shake off ur possessive habits, u would be branded a prick forever.

just my 2 cents

toothbrush
18-04-2009, 05:39 PM
this is juz from the guy point of view...

is nothing near egoism or but a little bit of chauvinism...

presuming u r the guy in the picture

-would you want ur girl to patronize Sammyboyforum?
-does her past histories really matters unless the 6 guys she slept with is before ur 'tenture'
-that the pt abt going clubbing or disco, the guys get toucjy and the girls usually gets touch (maybe trend different now) by seeing her getting touchy would mean u r ard too. (alternatively, u can show her whos boss, go touch other ppl)
-dont hold on to something too thight, u will aqueeze life out of it.
-and if u cant shake off ur possessive habits, u would be branded a prick forever.

just my 2 cents

Or should say lose" face" in short :D

charger
18-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I agreed with bro Fusion that you shouldn't be complaining instead you thank yr lucky star yr BF still cares for you.

1. You slept with 6 chaps and yet has the cheek to let him know.
2. You go touchy with other guys and expect him not to be jealous. What if its the other way.
3. You go drinking and get drunk, probably flirted with other guys along the way.

For these 3 reasons alone I'll ask him to kick your ass and look for someone better.:mad:

besafe
18-04-2009, 09:12 PM
What would you call a man who exhibits all of the above traits?

I call him - MAN

quake
18-04-2009, 09:26 PM

I like this statement a lot. This is definitely worth more than 2 cents! :)

ahfeng
18-04-2009, 09:47 PM
i do agree with the part where the gf shouldn't go out drinking and get drunk. but on special occasions, nvm. and the touchy part..hell no..bet many girls will not be happy should their bf is intimate with other girls...

if a relationship ain't working..both parties do share the blame. neither gets the full share.

take the advice from the bros here, either take a break from each other or just break up.

i apologize if u find my post not helpful or unrelated to your thread. just here to say my piece.

cheers

hawk007
18-04-2009, 11:40 PM
I think both of you should break off. The guy needs to grow up. The gal needs to know wat she wants.

Clown Prince
18-04-2009, 11:49 PM
i do agree with the part where the gf shouldn't go out drinking and get drunk. but on special occasions, nvm. and the touchy part..hell no..bet many girls will not be happy should their bf is intimate with other girls...

if a relationship ain't working..both parties do share the blame. neither gets the full share.

take the advice from the bros here, either take a break from each other or just break up.

i apologize if u find my post not helpful or unrelated to your thread. just here to say my piece.

cheers

agree with ahfeng... and to girls, if u put urself into the guy's shoes and think abt how u'd feel, then consider asking suc questions....

i've had too many gfs who complain i get too close to other girls.... and i always make it a point to stay far away from other frens' gfs ..... girls ask if guys are petty,.... they themsleves are the pettiest..:rolleyes:

fiqfiq
19-04-2009, 12:47 AM
well you can choose to look at the good side of it.Even if he acts like the above its only because you matter something to him.You should try standing in his shoes instead of wasting your time asking for negative comments.Would you guys even like it if your GF is acting this way? think abt it. :)

makka111
19-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Most people will have a history or what ang moh therapists term as "baggage".

Whatever happened cannot be undone. What can be done is how the guy and the girl handle their current relationship.

Chauvinism? Egoism? Please, do not use such complex terms to deal with a simple trust issue. If you trust your girlfriend to be true to you and vice versa, you won't want to talk about her/his past. Even by harping on someone else's past flings, can you change a fact? Why not blame yourself for not appearing in his/her life earlier and be his/her FIRST and ONLY boy/girl friend? Impractical, right? It is downright ILLOGICAL.

Go visit a qualified counsellor with your boy- or girlfriend to find out what are the things that must give-and-take in a relationship. We are not qualified counsellors so whatever is written in this forum should always be taken with a pinch of salt.:cool:

lustfuljohn
19-04-2009, 02:18 AM
" Is it egoism? Or Chauvinism? Or both?"
None of the above. Just plain insecurity.

ginny83teo
19-04-2009, 02:30 AM
I think both of you should break off. The guy needs to grow up. The gal needs to know wat she wants.

Totally agree!!!

Both need to work something out..

nitefyre
19-04-2009, 02:44 PM
here's my prediction on what happens next:

- they break it off (whichever side initiate doesn't matter)
- guy gets over his 'one'-itis, fucks a few other girls ... and realise how stupid he was before. joins the brotherhood of cheongsters
- girl dates other guys - gets a lesson in 'what goes around, comes around' (there will always be a player better than you)
- more stories contributed to SBF for all. everybody is happier and wiser from the experience

giggz83
19-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Most people will have a history or what ang moh therapists term as "baggage".

:

Yeah baggage. put off the excess baggage; you wouldn't want to board the next coming train with excessive baggage, won't you. bro?

cheers

_AXL_
19-04-2009, 03:20 PM
sorry, i kaypoh a bit. whether u r the guy or gal in the story (cos i suspect u r a couple sharing the account), try the simple test of returning the favour.

do it back to the other party and see if it is irritating to get calls when they r hard at work. i can only answer for the guys... it is damn irritating!!! here i m hard at work, trying to give her a better life and "my wife/gf thinks that i dont love her enough!!!"

- expect to keep in touch everyday, expect her to miss him most of the time, and get angry whenever she fails to call him at his desired frequency.

does the guy want to be subjected to the same treatment, getting calls at inopportune times like when partying in the ktv??? if the guy says he isnt the type to cheong, then it would only mean that:

1. the guy is still young.
2. the guy is still not making enough $$$. budget ktv???;)
3. the guy dont have friends like me...:p

try running out of the ktv with your pants at your knees to answer the call... so, i would really want to ask the guy not to dig his own grave and jump into it.

- pains him to know that she's had, or slept with, 6 guys before him, and always harping about her dating history because he's so hurt by it

it also would pain her to know that u have had countless ONS, FLs, flings in addition to ex-gfs. only difference is that she was stupid enough to tell the truth while the guy just brushes it off.

she's drunk, she wont know or care if tempers flare. no point. when sober, advise her on the pitfalls of being totally drunk, like rape, molest, bad for health, etc, calmly lor. ask her whether she likes cleaning your puke when u r dead drunk. if she has been cleaning your puke for the longest time, then u dont have anything to say... cos u bloody deserve it!!!:p

ask if she feels anything if your female friends does the same. it is also just a bit of fun for u what...

- not accept his girlfriend loving him less than he loves her? In other words, what he does for her she must reciprocate, or at least appreciate, if not "she doesn't love him"

do u have the tingly feeling in your heart when u do something for your most beloved gf??? now, that is her reciprocation. nothing beats the tingly feeling, cos it proves that u r alive. more importantly, u r in love.

isnt that a privilege???

- expects his girlfriend to change certain things for him, attempting to mould her into his "desired personality in a girlfriend", rather than accommodating himself to her

can u accept it if your gf tries to change u??? would u like that or would u like her to work around your imperfections??? i m sure she feels the same...

it shows:

1. the man and woman has different expectations.

2. the lack of communication in the relationship. a lot of quarrels does not equate to communication. sitting down, shut the fuck up, listen and emphatise with your beloved reasoning is.

3. a lack of compromise in the relationship. both r selfish. i wouldnt say u both r immature, but certainly, u r both not ready for a serious relationship.

4. a lack of respect for each other. would u still go on and do something that would hurt your beloved???

5. most importantly, a lack of trust. u have to ask yourselves why u r together in the first place. then ask yourselves, where did the trust disappear to??? was there any to begin with???

pee_diddy
19-04-2009, 04:09 PM
" Is it egoism? Or Chauvinism? Or both?"
None of the above. Just plain insecurity.

Couldn't have said it better myself....pretty much sums it up.

LostALau
20-04-2009, 12:55 PM
- expect to keep in touch everyday, expect her to miss him most of the time, and get angry whenever she fails to call him at his desired frequency

Bro Charmaine,
What u mentioned above is human nature, or should I say natural. However they are bad feelings and thoughts which should be overcome or eliminated thru education, learning and understanding.

I have very little of the above traits and I am continually getting rids of any such little devils in my human make-up to the extent that sometimes my oc or other people think that I am abnormal. However, I don't care what they say because I feel happy and unaffected by such ill feelings of jealousy and possessiveness.

RUNROAD
21-04-2009, 01:10 PM

Interesting topic. IMHO, this guy has a low self esteem and inferiority complex. y do i say so?

1stly, a highly confident individual would almost never exhibit such traits in a relationship. they are more likely to grant their gfs personal space instead of governing them with an iron grip. the thought of their gfs running off with any tom, dick and harry anytime almost never cross their mind and even if it does happen, they will simply regards it as the girl's loss, not theirs

and how about this kinda guy? lets examine his traits one by one..

this is the feeling of insecurity, a common trait exhibited by ppl suffering from inferiority complex. and the most effective way to overcome the feeling of insecurity is total control of the other party's activities. he needs that peace of mind..otherwise he can easily go bonkers.

he doesnt want to be hurt..doesnt want to be disappointed, there is no use of her saying she loves him, she has to constantly prove her love to him by her actions. and the thought of her having 6 guys before him torments him, as he could just possibly be the number 7th!! insecured persona.

once again, there's a constant fear of being the injured party in the relationship..once the girl is out of his sight, ANYTHING CAN HAPPENS! the basic trust btw the 2 never existed. and the solution? TOTAL DOMINANCE. this is also y u see alot of such ppl ended up raising pets instead - easier to CONTROL!

his cant afford to be hurt in a relationship..his paper thin self esteem might just crumble at the slightest damage. anything that's out of his grip must be stopped. and thus the attempt to mould her into his " desired personality in a girlfriend", meaning - to become someone who will give him the feeling of total security! the assurance of a good night sleep

Someone with very low self esteem. my humble 5 cents worth.

Cronus
21-04-2009, 01:37 PM
The subject sounds like a sociopath with obsessive compulsive behaviour traits. Maybe a psych eval can do him some good? :cool:

Better yet just lock him up. Least he commits a crime of passion.

Charmaine
21-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Thank you all for your replies!

That person isn't me - just thought I'd do a quick disclaimer first in case the insults hurled at me gets out of hand. :) My own relationship isn't cast in stone by any means (as a matter of fact, long distance relationships can be very tricky), but I should thank the heavens that I don't exhibit any of the mentioned traits. My girlfriend isn't local, so any attempt to "control" or "mould" her life just doesn't make logical, let alone practical, sense. She would never, for the life of her, allow me to even think about controlling any aspect of her life, so that's pretty much male chauvinist yada yada down the drain for you.

I started a similar thread earlier discussing about "magic numbers". Yes, it is that same friend. It does help to put things in perspective on his behalf - I've seen his current girlfriend a couple of times now, and one can probably understand or symphatise with, to a certain degree, his concerns about insecurity and losing her - she is one smoking hot chick. I don't use that term liberally. She's 27 this year, has an absolutely stunning body, and extremely beautiful. She used to model part-time. We are all jealous of his "prize", but seeing him miserable like this makes us wonder sometimes if a piece of pussy is worth all this. He claims it's all chauvinism at work, but the pride in him probably prevented him from admitting that he is an insecure dick. Nobody would blame him if he had the balls to say it, though. His girlfriend is that hot. Let's just say that a distant admirer camped under her block for the best part of 2 months just to get her to receive a birthday present in person. She's a mini-celebrity at her workplace, and you won't believe the amount of attention she gets when she takes public transport (which she seldom had to do because all her ex-boyfriends were all part-time chauffeurs in their own right). My friend earns a decent living as a Manager in a logistics company, average looking with average built, doesn't drive (although he has his own place) but the best guy out there. She probably picked him because he represented security - drinking with the boys over the weekend is probably his only vice, other than religiously watching up in the middle of the night to catch Champions League telecasts.

He could hardly believe his luck when he snagged her, and neither could we - I wouldn't be surprised if any of the guys amongst us secretly wanked off to images of her just before going to bed (because, ahem, I did). But initial jealousy has turned into pity as the only thing he could possibly talk about during our drinking sessions frequently degenerate into sob stories and incompatibility. We never dared to suggest that he dump her, because nobody dumps a chick as hot as her. It's a flogging offence. We only listen, nod along, and tell him what we think. I always end off conversations with "I'll conduct a straw poll in sammyboy to find out what the others think..", so that's pretty much why this thread began how it began.

Thank you for your replies. It'll be cool to tell him about all your responses. :)

Bigbluebird
21-04-2009, 03:39 PM
To talk the talk and walk the talk are two different things, while many of us here and elsewhere may give sage advice and wisdom, the question lies in how many can actually put words into action :)

RUNROAD
22-04-2009, 01:15 AM
He could hardly believe his luck when he snagged her, and neither could we - I wouldn't be surprised if any of the guys amongst us secretly wanked off to images of her just before going to bed (because, ahem, I did). But initial jealousy has turned into pity as the only thing he could possibly talk about during our drinking sessions frequently degenerate into sob stories and incompatibility. We never dared to suggest that he dump her, because nobody dumps a chick as hot as her. It's a flogging offence. We only listen, nod along, and tell him what we think. I always end off conversations with "I'll conduct a straw poll in sammyboy to find out what the others think..", so that's pretty much why this thread began how it began.

Thank you for your replies. It'll be cool to tell him about all your responses. :)

sob stories and incompatibility? bro u may like to check with your friend what type of lady would be deemed compatible with him. chances are he doesnt even know the answer himself. the problem might lies with him.

=LatexDolly=
22-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey bro Charmaine, guess what? My ex-bf was exactly like your friend. Not only does he exhibit all of the aforementioned traits, he would become madly suspicious of me if I didn't pick up my phone for more than 4 hours. He would leave astounding numbers of missed calls on my phone. i.e. 147 missed calls (was the highest record). And he could convince himself I was cheating on him with one of his colleagues, which was completely untrue. Soon, he started physically abusing me. I left him after 3 years of fear and pain. And he stalked me for months after.

It is possible your friend could progress to that stage. Especially if he displays signs of having anger issues. I think you guys need to help him to stop. It is insecurity bordering on paranoia. If he continues, I can tell you any girl, no matter how much she loves him, would feel smothered. I did love my ex- I put up with his shit for 3 years. I still left him eventually. I hated him at the end of it.

Tell your friend there is a reason his gf chose to be with him and is still with him. She could have gotten a much better guy easily, being THAT hot, but she isn't with that better guy. She is with him. (Not implying your friend isn't a good guy. But like you described, "average and decent". She sounds like a girl who could get "handsome and rich".) Tell him not to become a man she will hate. Be the man she met and fell in love with.

No offence meant with the above and not trying to be a guru. :D

Just providing a female POV here. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Cheers. Hope your friend can solve his issues and they end up real happy.

Bigbluebird
22-04-2009, 01:11 PM
They say love is blind :)

We can't do much if a couple is madly in love and willing to be the continuing abused partner, but once they end, he/she will say it was so dumb not to see the obvious. There is that much you can advise your friend, besides some people tend to interpret things entirely different from the norm.

nudesex
22-04-2009, 02:02 PM
To talk the talk and walk the talk are two different things, while many of us here and elsewhere may give sage advice and wisdom, the question lies in how many can actually put words into action :)

I agree totally. All of us know the right thing to do to a certain extent. But are we able to do the right thing when the time comes?

RUNROAD
23-04-2009, 11:16 PM
They say love is blind :)

We can't do much if a couple is madly in love and willing to be the continuing abused partner, but once they end, he/she will say it was so dumb not to see the obvious. There is that much you can advise your friend, besides some people tend to interpret things entirely different from the norm.

valid point bro. like an old chinese saying goes: even a good magistrate cant handles a bad domestic affair.