PDA

View Full Version : HIV screening

stevefox
11-04-2009, 08:24 AM
found a website that claimed that they can detect HIV status within 12 days without going thru the 3 months window period.
Singapore HIV Aids screening testing clinic (http://www.hiv.sg/)
anyone been to this clinic b4 ?

monstermadness
11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
bro steve fox, i usually don't believe. If want to test i rather pay and go to my usual clinic at robertson medical to go do anonmyous HIV testing and somemore it's approved by moh in singapore for anonmyous testing (i went to check it out). that place safe as it is near some food places and it's abit high class.

source
12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
You still need the 3 months window period for the HIV virus to surface. Anything less is just a 50-50.

stevefox
13-04-2009, 02:11 PM
You still need the 3 months window period for the HIV virus to surface. Anything less is just a 50-50.
that clinic claimed that u dun need to wait for the 3 month window period and they are able to detect it accurately..
so i wonder if it is possible or not....

xxxtasy
14-04-2009, 07:12 AM
But for best results, it is better to wait the required 3 months period.

tonk
14-04-2009, 01:11 PM
that clinic claimed that u dun need to wait for the 3 month window period and they are able to detect it accurately..
so i wonder if it is possible or not....

I doubt so but then again, maybe medicine advance so quickly that they can detect the HIV virus without having to wait for 3 months window period.

skyriver
14-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I suggest going to Action for Aids and waiting the required 3 months period. anyway I take the tests twice for extra safety.

Good advice! However I doubt a lot of us dare to make the trip down. Waiting for the results is a very agonizing process...

monstermadness
20-04-2009, 07:13 PM
went down for counseling at Robertson Medical.

Perhaps you guys want to go down and talk to the doctor there. He is MOH certified to do anon HIV test? he is quite good and patient. gave me some ideas on what to do if i think i kena the virus during a bonk.

plknkn
21-04-2009, 10:44 AM
It is now possible~ with the advance in medical field such PCR (Polymer Chain reaction) rather than detecting for viral antigens or viral antibodies in the body which requires 'window period', it detects the genetic marker for the virus in the body usually only take days but it's hell lot expensive... It still being under the R&D here where I'm from, not sure about singapore though.