PDA

View Full Version : Borderline reading for NGU: cause for worry?

wilburwilbur
23-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Went for my regular screening @ DSC recently. Took the smear and blood tests. When the results came out, the counsellor told me my NGU reading was 5-9. My previous were 0-4. He asked whether I have any unprotected sex which I replied I didnt. He said this could be due to other reasons, like UTI. He said if I am still worried, I can go back for retest in 4 weeks time. Is there really cause for concern here? I did not experience any of the symptoms so far, but then again, NGU may not have symptoms anyway.

gofuckspider
23-03-2009, 09:37 PM
hmmm..bro better get it tested again though theres no symptoms..cause if left untreated will cause major prob to yr little bro next time..but y they say 4wks huh?normally 2wks enough to do a conclusion test..

QQBoy
24-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Went for my regular screening @ DSC recently. Took the smear and blood tests. When the results came out, the counsellor told me my NGU reading was 5-9. My previous were 0-4. He asked whether I have any unprotected sex which I replied I didnt. He said this could be due to other reasons, like UTI. He said if I am still worried, I can go back for retest in 4 weeks time. Is there really cause for concern here? I did not experience any of the symptoms so far, but then again, NGU may not have symptoms anyway.

Why don't you just go on antibiotics? Whether it is NGU or UTI, you should still treat it.

Papaya
24-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I had the same thing with u 1 yrs+ back and did a test again but the result came out same.. so i was worried despite the counsellor they say is normal.. but being worried still, i demanded to see a doctor.. which i did later on.

Met the doctor and told her my worried, she told me by pulling a man randonly outside.. u get 60% chance that they will get result of 5-9 and they are perfectly OK.

No medication was needed .. she said. Then ask me to leave (as if i wasting time)

I posted the same question in MEDhelp and a senior nurse there say in USA also same.. if result 4-9 then they wont give any medicine...

then i was told that if u drink a lot of coffee and drink less water, it will caused such borderline result too.. i drink 2 to 3 cups a day which is consider a fair amount.

overall, i read that if ur result is 4-9 and u pose symptom then only they will give medicine.

I do not think u need to worry.. DSC are very careful bunch of ppl.. when counsellors and a doctor say u r OK.. i pretty much believe their words..

wilburwilbur
24-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Coffee? whew... at least we have something in common. Has it got to do with hygiene too?

rezz
24-03-2009, 10:12 PM

The last time I kena NGU, the doc at DSC told me it is usually because of bad hygiene or excessive abrasion of the skin on top of your penis that leads to infection. Usually it will completely healed upon 2 weeks dosage of antibiotics. As per all antibiotics, it is imperative that you complete the entire dosage timingly else the bacteria residing in your body may be immune to it, which in some cases may be life-threatening.

Papaya
25-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Coffee? whew... at least we have something in common. Has it got to do with hygiene too?

no.. i dont think so..

dont forget that even normal bacteria from a person month can cause NGU.. so even ur wife being a faithful one can give that to u..

google NGU and u shld get more info.. note that non sexual also get u NGU via: (copy from other website)

* Urinary tract infections.
* An inflamed prostate gland due to bacteria (bacterial prostatitis).
* A narrowing or closing of the tube in the penis (urethral stricture).
* A tightening of the foreskin so that it cannot be pulled back from the head of the penis (phimosa).
* The result of a process such as inserting a tube into the penis (catheterization).

if u feel pain when pee. go back. Else i think DSC wont treat u with 5-9 PC count..

gofuckspider
25-03-2009, 10:07 AM
agree with bro papaya DSC r really a bunch of careful people..anyway they do have statatics count for all cases of STD therefore they cant anyhow include u as having being infected..if everyone 5-9 than the graph sure shoot up liao..than will be like SARS will have to call it a major disease..