PDA

View Full Version : Police Haressment [tagged]

2WayStreet
14-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Last night, my girl friend and myself was detained by the anti vice for trying to check in to a Geylang hotel. As I am a local and my papers were all were in order, they released me. Unfortunately, my girlfriend left her pass port at home and I was told to collect her passport to verify her identity and travel status and show it to the police at Bedok Police station. All through out this time, a lady officer dressed as a man was rude , crude, curt and shouting at everyone including to my girl friend, treating her like a prostitute because she is from China. I thought the law is that a person is innocent unless proven guilty.
I gave her correct name, date of birth and other particulars verifying that she is my friend and not a prostitute
After collecting the passport, I traveled all the way to Bedok, ad the officer at the desk made me sit to wait for 1 1/2hour. When I asked him, how long I have to wait, he made a call and told me that the accused is already in the police holding area and waiting to take her statement.
I waited for another 2 hours when I approached another officer who told me that the accused is not in the station yet and advised me to go home and wait for the call to bail her out. I protested as I said that she did not commit any offence and no bail is required. They insist that she might go back to China before completion of the investigation.
At the the of writing this posting which is about 12 hours from detention, they have not released her yet, claiming that they are still taking down her statement.
BTW, her travel documents are all in order. fellow SBs, please comment

SmallBro
14-03-2009, 11:31 AM
i suggest u go and see the officer in charge...all those useless nsfs on the table jobs...

lacoruna69
14-03-2009, 11:38 AM
treating her like a prostitute because she is from China. I thought the law is that a person is innocent unless proven guilty.
I gave her correct name, date of birth and other particulars verifying that she is my friend and not a prostitute.

If your GF is from China, you shouldn't have taken the risk to open room at GL.

Killforsex
14-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Brother in Sngapore Law a person is guilty untill proven innocent, British Law, Amercan Law is the other way around

joew2005
14-03-2009, 11:54 AM
these sob likes 2 bully those that don't dare 2 question/talk back.
they 4gotten 1 thing like those great men up there,they r civil servants only.
refrain fr going GL 4 booking hotel with yr gf.
Did u note dwn the service no of that tom boy last nite ?
Tried 2 get in direct contact with the in-charge officer,if u knw...
No pt talking 2 these sob on the front desk as well...
Hw could the investigation continue if she is sent back ?

happy000
14-03-2009, 11:57 AM
There are so many places in Singapore and yet you bring your China girl friend to check-in at hotel in Geylang :confused:

If you want to do your 'business' at least be sensible and go to a more reputable location. If you are a police, it's hard to believe you are innocent
when you bring a China girl to a red-light area to check-in at a 'red-light' hotel to do your 'business' there

Last night, my girl friend and myself was detained by the anti vice for trying to check in to a Geylang hotel.

walabis
14-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Last night, my girl friend and myself was detained by the anti vice for trying to check in to a Geylang hotel. As I am a local and my papers were all were in order, they released me. Unfortunately, my girlfriend left her pass port at home and I was told to collect her passport to verify her identity and travel status and show it to the police at Bedok Police station. All through out this time, a lady officer dressed as a man was rude , crude, curt and shouting at everyone including to my girl friend, treating her like a prostitute because she is from China. I thought the law is that a person is innocent unless proven guilty.
I gave her correct name, date of birth and other particulars verifying that she is my friend and not a prostitute
I think your case reminded me one of the encounter by my local friend who his gf is a PRC. She was here on social visit past and my friend put her stay in a hotel in L6.
My friend happened to ask by his company to go to his KL office for some urgent issue for 2 days and he got to leave her alone in Singapore.
As his gf was very lonely she went down for a walk. She spotted a group of ppls gathering outside an apartment in L6.
She kaypoh and go there c6c6 and that was a raid on one of the unit there and many girls was seen coming down and went to the roti van.
One of the AV spotted her and asked her is she a PRC. She said yes and took her in as well.
She cried and said what has she done wrong. As her passport not with her as she left in the hotel. They treated her like an "allien". She told them she got a bf here but unfortunately couldn't reach my friend for the first day.
The next day my friend returned to Singapore and knew about it. He rushed to the police station in Bedok trying to get her out with her passport. The AV said she will be release if she sign the paper. My friend said no reason to sign the paper if she did not commit any unlawful act.
The AV said she will not be release if she don't sign it. Once signed she can leave and has to go back to China within 4 or 5 days. She'll barred from entering Singapore for three years. My friend wasn't happy and said they getting marry soon. The AV told my friend he can engage the lawyer to lift the ban.

hollyboy123
14-03-2009, 02:01 PM
After collecting the passport, I traveled all the way to Bedok, ad the officer at the desk made me sit to wait for 1 1/2hour. When I asked him, how long I have to wait, he made a call and told me that the accused is already in the police holding area and waiting to take her statement.
I waited for another 2 hours when I approached another officer who told me that the accused is not in the station yet and advised me to go home and wait for the call to bail her out. I protested as I said that she did not commit any offence and no bail is required. They insist that she might go back to China before completion of the investigation.
At the the of writing this posting which is about 12 hours from detention, they have not released her yet, claiming that they are still taking down her statement.

What time u exactly check-in?
If u have gf from overseas, she must bring passport
The AV only stop U, when they are raiding the place.
U should know how the environment look like when they are raiding...

dmtpl
14-03-2009, 03:45 PM
THis is similar story as told in NP, a married Singapore couple was told to produce their marriage cert becoz they were in a Pub in Paramount when the
AV raided, even though they had their IC.

The husband rush home, while the wife was given the same treatment as any suspect, including being handcuffed etc.
Of course they did not wait for him and he had to chase them to the station.
And go thru very much the same as our bro here.

Even though they intend to Sue the SPF , it doesnt seem to be any use to do so.

So it does not mean that just bcoz we are Singaporeans we can escape screening if they want to do so.

More importantly,this means that we even have to carry proof of marriage etc.

icehaya69
14-03-2009, 04:09 PM
If I remember correctly, u may demand the officer to allwo you to meet ur GF & she din commit any crime & they also cant prove it. Request politely & again mentioned you need to meet the superior of IO, if not then next move you need a lawyer who can speed up the issue for you.

If she being "force" then sorry....... good luck!

yours
14-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Paid for a top lawyer to go KPKB... then when they see U got money, will surely release yr GF

lblittlebear
14-03-2009, 04:26 PM
OMG ! You mean they did the same thing to Singapore couple ?

What a f*** ! No wonder Singapore babies are so little

THis is similar story as told in NP, a married Singapore couple was told to produce their marriage cert becoz they were in a Pub in Paramount when the
AV raided, even though they had their IC.

The husband rush home, while the wife was given the same treatment as any suspect, including being handcuffed etc.
Of course they did not wait for him and he had to chase them to the station.
And go thru very much the same as our bro here.

Even though they intend to Sue the SPF , it doesnt seem to be any use to do so.

So it does not mean that just bcoz we are Singaporeans we can escape screening if they want to do so.

More importantly,this means that we even have to carry proof of marriage etc.

icehaya69
14-03-2009, 04:57 PM
After a simple post to share some tips, imediately my points being zap by 5 :D got guts to zap no gut to show ur nick & reason. no ballss at all :D

SAWgunner
14-03-2009, 07:24 PM
You want things to get done in Singapore? Complain to the New Paper :rolleyes:

2WayStreet
15-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Thank you all Bros for being so supportive and giving all the valuable tips.
She has been released after 26 hrs in detention.
Whilst she was there, I saw my lawyer who said that the police had the right to detain any suspect for interrogation and statement for 48 hours.
To share the ordeal with Bros here, I have attached some information. At the hotel, I spoked to the lesbian officer(who obviously was jealous of another girl who is more feminine and prettier)
I asked her how my gf can be a prostitute when I can supply from my memory her passport name, date of birth,Province of origin and on top of it, I was able to produce 2 photos of her from my wallet.
Her rude answer was that since she was arrested at a hotel, they want to bring her back for investigation.
She and her colleagues refused to allow her to make at least one phone call to her house to bring her passport immediately. Luckily, I have the keys to her room and I went all the way to collect her passport. Whilst at Bedok police station, they made me wait for 6 hours and when I demanded to see a senior officer, the arranged for me to talk to a IO. Later I found out he was only a Station Inspector. He was of no help at all as he said that he is not handling the case and I will have to wait for the officer in charge of the case to revert with the facts.
One interesting fact that I want to mention here is that another Chinese family who suffered the same fate as my gf was unable to communicate with them as they were all Malays, I had to do some translation.
I am ashamed that Singapore prides itself as a advance country and yet they treat Chinese nationals found at Geylang(even for food) is deemed a prostitute.
The whole exercise, especially the tactics used by the actual arresting team was not conducive to the Singaporean image.
I guess I go to blame myself for being stupid to use a Geylang hotel, but in this particular case, it was after a good meal of Beef Hor Fun at Lor 9 and for convenience sake, I used the old hotel at Lor 27.

icehaya69
15-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Bro 2waystreet,

Sorry to hear that & I cant help much too as someone here that balles guy (got gut to xap no gut to show up) just zap another 5 points. Apprently someone here dislike coz I try to supply some tips to helps you. So good lucks to you.

Since I JOIN This forum from yr 05 till now, this is the 1st time I got the treatment & I wish all the best for him after zapping the points. So childish LOL grow up man, show ur balls dont hid at the back as pussy man:D

15-03-2009, 11:01 AM
no need to say la.. sure repatriate for 3 years.. but time passes.. how i know? i already experience liao.. if have a lot of money, can fight, use a lawyer, dun waste time find mp ok, me try also no use.. anyway cheers, few months later u will see open la

SAWgunner
15-03-2009, 12:35 PM
In the US, they have concept which is totally alien in Singapore : Oppressive use of the law

2WayStreet
17-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Bro 2waystreet,

Sorry to hear that & I cant help much too as someone here that balles guy (got gut to xap no gut to show up) just zap another 5 points. Apprently someone here dislike coz I try to supply some tips to helps you. So good lucks to you.

Since I JOIN This forum from yr 05 till now, this is the 1st time I got the treatment & I wish all the best for him after zapping the points. So childish LOL grow up man, show ur balls dont hid at the back as pussy man:D

It is a pity that someone has gone ahead to sap you in spite of the fact that you are giving advice a tips to a bro samster for being harassed by the police. Not withstanding the advice I still think any advice is good advice.
The guy who did it must be from the SPF. He/She is so ashamed of the scare tactics that his peers used that he need to sap you.

2WayStreet
17-03-2009, 09:01 PM
no need to say la.. sure repatriate for 3 years.. but time passes.. how i know? i already experience liao.. if have a lot of money, can fight, use a lawyer, dun waste time find mp ok, me try also no use.. anyway cheers, few months later u will see open la

In fact, she was released after one and half days.
I have actually contacted my lawyer to exercise my rights as a citizen if they do not release her by 48 hours
As her travel documents were in order and her statement and mine showed no evidence of prostitution, she was allowed to continue her stay here till the expiry of her visa.
I have written to the OC of Bedok to complain about the high handedness of the arresting officers, and cannot wait to see their excuses.
Once again, I think all Bros for their feedback and sympathy.

2WayStreet
17-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Brother in Sngapore Law a person is guilty untill proven innocent, British Law, Amercan Law is the other way around

Bro,
Are you joking or what?
In Singapore, it is
Innocent unless proven guilty
Incidentally, Singapore is still using British law.
whilst it is the other way round in the US

hpboy
18-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Bro 2waystreet,you r not the only victim. I remember last yr that two Pinoys were brought by our police and also detained for days......After they r released,they went to the press to complain. But end of the day, they did not received any apology also.....

2WayStreet
18-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Our police do not apologise. Period.

aczeta
18-03-2009, 11:10 AM
In enforcement, they always err on the side of "guilty"...

U complain so wat... look at how the NWCDC cases and the Charles Chong case went...

Uncle said.. suan le la...

Suay so go temple pray pray loh..

gcloh
18-03-2009, 12:25 PM
maybe you can go to police feedback section.u explain to themyour concern.

gcloh
18-03-2009, 12:36 PM
if your gf didn't do anything wrong,one more place can ask for was China embassy. give them your gf detail,which police stn?

DRSG
18-03-2009, 01:11 PM
SPF vs others

Our police boys catch chickens only.Police in other countries catch murderers and gun wielding robberers.Therefore our police have to act yaya 'cos got nothing better to do.

2WayStreet
18-03-2009, 07:45 PM
SPF vs others

Our police boys catch chickens only.Police in other countries catch murderers and gun wielding robberers.Therefore our police have to act yaya 'cos got nothing better to do.

Fine, if they want to rid Geylang of chickens.
The fact that they deem every Chinese national found in Geylang hotels are chickens is grossly wrong
The worst part is the high handedness in treating the suspects.

kumsiatiko
20-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Our police do not apologise. Period.
wrong post

lblittlebear
20-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Any further update on this harassment issue ? Did the police really behave that manner ?

Cancer
20-03-2009, 05:05 PM
You can try to write your dissatisfaction direct to the Boss of Police at Phoenix Park stating the fact that what is the percentage of Singaporean marrying Chinese National. I previously had a case of vehicle vandalism and those jokers at Bedok try to bully me and ask me to keep quiet. I immediately ask for his PC number and threatened to call my lawyer. The in charge immediately changed to become very docile like a puppy. Those joker tends to bully those that are weak and ignorance, but when you got friends as lawyer willing to help, they are most willing to lick your toes. This is the Pride of Singapore

XiaoHoUzi83
21-03-2009, 02:32 AM
IMO . Blame the player, dont blame the game...
there might be too many WLs using this same method to try to escape from detention. FYI u din get caught in a food court. u get caught in a hotel. (maybe shouldnt use the term caught) spotted is more appropriate
however, i do agree that the police can do much better in handling such situation. such as allowing u to go back to take passport or at least let the suspect speak to someone eg a lawyer...

i think what they wan is to the those REAL WLs not getting the sufficient legal advise they need to get ard the loopholes.
no way they can prove that a girl is a pro unless they caught them in the act as well as the transcation.

all they want is to get rid of the so call suspects and therefore they have this mentality of 宁可杀错,不可放过

however i still do believe that the officers have to be in a authoritative position if not some of the PRCS who are REAL WLs will climb all over them using terms such as human rights la.. blah blah blah.. just have to live with the harsh facts...

next time dont use a hotel in GL ba...
=)

just my 2 cents

Joefisher
21-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Hi bros

I pity the TS and I do feel sometimes our singapore uniform people really are strict due to their superiors or , most of them wont risk their promotions or jobs to help u.. i do agree with one of the bros whom mentioned that you are guilty till proven , that was just what i have experienced before.

I was told at customs to pay a fine of $5K OR risk having a bad record .... the choice is mine.

When IO arrives, offers to me to pay, if not follow procedure to handcuff, then to his office, then remand prison and next day court.

Sometimes, our uniform comrades just have to follow standard protocol, i do feel upset and disappointed although the things isnt cigarettes or cigars.... despite i didnt know the products is dutiable and they say my ignorance isnt an excuse as what they claims

but my conscience is clear ... and i will fight my way thru... even to PM office. I was once told no officers will overite another officers from another office.. so we shall see... maybe higher authority matters.

I have also seen many cases of foreigners getting away from cigarettes offence due to ignorance, DO U THINK WE ARE STUPID.. our gov wont want to take action cos they want them to come, so we singaporeans become scrapgoats??

give ur comments and ideas..

CoreQuad
21-03-2009, 09:57 AM
You have my sympathy. Just that there are too many FLs prowling the streets of GL. As you know we, Singaporeans, love to complain, police got to take action to show they are doing work. The safest option is to avoid going to budget hotel at the "hot zone" to avoid unnecessary hassle.

Peter Bang
21-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I was told at customs to pay a fine of $5K OR risk having a bad record .... the choice is mine.

When IO arrives, offers to me to pay, if not follow procedure to handcuff, then to his office, then remand prison and next day court.

Sometimes, our uniform comrades just have to follow standard protocol, i do feel upset and disappointed although the things isnt cigarettes or cigars.... despite i didnt know the products is dutiable and they say my ignorance isnt an excuse as what they claims ...

Bro, just curious. Possible to tell us what are those items that you were caught? Is It Chewing Gum??

Mylene.Farmer
23-03-2009, 01:15 PM
They have the right to detain you for 48 hours if you happen to be in the area of the raid. As long as you're not Singaporean, you can be detained. For this aspect, theres no way that you can sue the SPF even though you are legitimately not a prostitute and you're really here for visiting purposes.

However, you will be able to sue the SPF if they pull you off the street for questioning and detain you. It is not within their jurisdiction to detain you for they were not conducting any raids.

On the streets, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. But once inside the halls of the courts, it will be a case of guilty until proven innocent. Thats why when they find you committing an offence, they have to gather evidence. Once they have the evidence required, they'll charge you in court. It works both ways but in the eyes of the law, it is always Guilty until proven Innocent. No doubt about that.

They say that law and justice is always fair. But I've seen cases where cases of a fair and honest trial were thrown out because the accused is someone's son. By someone i am not meaning the ordinary folks in Singapore but some prominent figures. Ultimately, the court and its judges are controlled by the government. Its always the state VS the people.

nomsgpls
23-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Heard some rumours that they have a quota of 5000 girls till next month.Bros here pls beware...

Mylene.Farmer
23-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I happened to be exploring the forum as well as its clickable links at the top and went into this section called "User CP" and I found a red marker there with the following sentence beside it :

Police Haressment... 23-03-2009 03:58 PM Participating in an off topic thread - sam

The Police Haressment was clickable and I was brought to this thread. What does that mean? Sorry ah. I'm still very very green to this forum.

Thanks.

Mylene.Farmer
23-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Is it to mean that i cant post in this thread? I'm sorry. I didnt know that i cant post here.

paulsun
23-03-2009, 11:57 PM
They have the right to detain you for 48 hours if you happen to be in the area of the raid. As long as you're not Singaporean, you can be detained. For this aspect, theres no way that you can sue the SPF even though you are legitimately not a prostitute and you're really here for visiting purposes.

On the streets, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
They say that law and justice is always fair. But I've seen cases where cases of a fair and honest trial were thrown out because the accused is someone's son. By someone i am not meaning the ordinary folks in Singapore but some prominent figures. Ultimately, the court and its judges are controlled by the government. Its always the state VS the people.

Airport police stop 3 taiwanese ,Aspect the Looks of PRC and kept them 24 hrs for investg ,After all the police just says sorry to them .mention they have the right to kept for 48hrs .

This happen few years ago .:o

Mylene.Farmer
24-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Airport police stop 3 taiwanese ,Aspect the Looks of PRC and kept them 24 hrs for investg ,After all the police just says sorry to them .mention they have the right to kept for 48hrs .

This happen few years ago .:o

Well. Our government always love to cover up and safe themselves from being "malu-ed". Groundless accusations. Just like if we Singaporeans, write in to newspaper forums to complain about a department of our goverment's. Many a times, it would not be published. It will only be published once approved by the respective department that we are criticizing as they will have the answers. If they dont, the papers wont print them.

chunni
24-03-2009, 01:15 AM
I happened to be exploring the forum as well as its clickable links at the top and went into this section called "User CP" and I found a red marker there with the following sentence beside it :

Police Haressment... 23-03-2009 03:58 PM Participating in an off topic thread - sam

The Police Haressment was clickable and I was brought to this thread. What does that mean? Sorry ah. I'm still very very green to this forum.

Thanks.

I'm also very green to this forum but I think it means you just got zapped by Boss.

cscs
24-03-2009, 09:31 PM

1. This is how Singapore police work. WAIT and WAIT. Actually the police officer is at home sleeping.
2. Stay awai from Geylang if you do noy have special need.

HIVsucks_XXX
27-03-2009, 12:52 AM
I think due to in the general public's eye and of course our SPF, majority of the PRC females are stereotyped as 'Chickens' esp of all places...GEYLANG.:(

vlpalace
27-03-2009, 01:44 AM
I think today sin min got report 1 prc got caught been mistaken

DRSG
27-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Thanks.

I also zapped -5 by sammy for posting here.He is paranoid.

bradpitt968
28-03-2009, 08:54 PM
In fact, she was released after one and half days.
I have actually contacted my lawyer to exercise my rights as a citizen if they do not release her by 48 hours
As her travel documents were in order and her statement and mine showed no evidence of prostitution, she was allowed to continue her stay here till the expiry of her visa.
I have written to the OC of Bedok to complain about the high handedness of the arresting officers, and cannot wait to see their excuses.

Frankly ... unless you are directly related to some big shot in politic .... if not .... it would change a single thing.

This is how they work.

DHL8888
21-04-2009, 08:28 AM

Did you report your case to the media? what is the outsome ?

Scanner
21-04-2009, 01:41 PM

That'll not be enough. I can understand how the officers need to do their jobs etc etc.. but the way they handled your case is terrible. They should be ashamed of themselves, especially the lesbian officer. Bro, you should blow this big (e.g. go to TNP etc.) and make sure those few black sheeps eat grass. I'm very sure TNP will welcome your input. But that is if you are ready to go thru the ordeal of living thru the 'nightmare' once again.

Scanner

DHL8888
22-04-2009, 12:11 AM
That'll not be enough. I can understand how the officers need to do their jobs etc etc.. but the way they handled your case is terrible. They should be ashamed of themselves, especially the lesbian officer. Bro, you should blow this big (e.g. go to TNP etc.) and make sure those few black sheeps eat grass. I'm very sure TNP will welcome your input. But that is if you are ready to go thru the ordeal of living thru the 'nightmare' once again.

Scanner

maybe complain to MP that your wife to be will work on those AV

Scanner
23-04-2009, 11:12 AM
maybe complain to MP that your wife to be will work on those AV

I don't understand what you talking about. You relating from experience? If so, please share... :rolleyes: