PDA

View Full Version : Teaching more than just Physics

OrIghTman
22-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Brothers, it is now my time to share my experiences years ago when I was working as a part-time tutor. As this is my first time posting a story here, pls give me your comments and guidance so that I can try to improve on the writing. The following story is real but the names have been masked, just in case the female lead is one of our sister samsters.

Episode 1

When I was serving the nation, I was very fortunate to be posted to a 9 to 5 clerical job. Since I can return home everyday, I got myself enrolled in a tuition agency as a part-time tutor to earn extra money. Bros here in their 30s will remember that the NSF allowance during those days was pathetic, compared to what the chaps are receiving today. As me and my fellow unit mates cheong quite a lot like any other hot-bloodied female-deprived males during those days (every friday, saturday at samsara, mdm wong, double o, chinablack, zouk, etc), I needed the extra money for the dinners, drinks, suppers and cab rides.

Let me first explain how the tuition agency works, not sure if it's still the same today as I haven't been doing this line already. When you register yourself as a tutor, you need to specify your qualifications and what level/subjects you would like to tutor. When there are available matching students in your preferred geographical areas, the agency contacts you. Once you agree to an assignment (as they term it), the agency will take half of your first month's pay as commission. Pay rates are based on educational level of the student. If I remember correctly, the rates for pri sch, sec sch and junior college are $15-20, $20-30 and $25-35 per hour respectively.

As my grades during JC were rather good, I always opted for JC assignments as they pay higher and the students are usually more motivated to learn (compared to pri sch and sec sch). And like any ordinary male out there, I always hope that my student is a girl. But alas, the students recommended to me are mostly guys. Guess that most girl students would specifically request for only lady tutors. Of course, I also had a few girl students, but none of them left a lasting impression on me (in their looks department). Well, none except Angela.

I still remember roughly when the agency called me regarding Angela's assignment. I was in a game of street soccer on a saturday, so I missed the call. Looking back, I'm so glad I called them back after the game, as I do not have the habit of returning missed calls.

Tuition Agency: Orightman, we have a JC1 physics student in jurong east area. Are you available to take up this assignment?
Me: What's the rate and schedule like?
Tuition Agency: 1 session each week, 2 hrs per session. They are paying $200 for every 4 lessons.
Me: Hmmmmm..... (hesitating because the rate isn't really fantastic)
Tuition Agency: If you want a higher rate, we can try to negotiate with the parents on your behalf.
Me: You mean they are willing to raise the rate?
Tuition Agency: Possible. We couldn't find them a tutor and they are quite desperate now. They even changed their tutor requirements.
Me: Changed requirements? In what way?
Tuition Agency: They initially wanted a lady tutor only. But now they are willing to have a male tutor.
Me: Hmmmmm..... (thinking chance is high that the student is a girl, as usually only girl students will have such requirements)
Tuition Agency: How about this? We give you a 50% discount on our commission. Meaning, we take only $50 from this assignment.
Me: Hmmmmm..... (trying to find a way to ask about the student's gender)
Tuition Agency: You're our last potential tutor. We don't want to give up this assignment. What other considerations are you having?
Me: Can I have more details about the student? What other subjects is he taking?
Tuition Agency: She's also taking econs and maths c. And she plays netball so she can't have tuition on wednesdays.
Me: Hmmmmm..... (bingo! its a she! now I need to find a reason to accept this assignment without showing my true colours to the agency)
Tuition Agency: Well? Do you need more time to think about this?
Me: Which area in jurong east does she stay in? (in my mind, already 99% want this assignment)
Tuition Agency: (the person blurted out some street in jurong that I haven't heard of)
Me: Wow, that's near where I live. OK, I don't mind taking up this assignment then.
Tuition Agency: Great! Let me give you the exact address. First session is next thurs, 8 pm. OK for you?
Me: Sure.

In my mind, I was already feeling all excited and looking forward to my first session with this student. Although I have been disappointed on numerous occasions in the past, I can't help imagining that this student will be pretty and possibly even horny! I can't wait for next thurs...

...To Be Continued...

WithoutEuu
22-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I can't wait for next thurs...

...To Be Continued...

i cant wait for your next post =D

bigstick
23-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi bro,

Sounds interesting and can't wait for your next page....

Cheers

martll
23-02-2009, 01:50 AM
I can't help imagining that this student will be pretty and possibly even horny!

hahaha... for the sake of this story, please let this be true. :D

Lyon
23-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Yeap......me too. Can't wait for your next instalment. :D

bivalve
23-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Moar, moar~!!

aqurean
23-02-2009, 10:25 AM
great start man. keep going :D

yonglee
23-02-2009, 10:26 AM
More pls....hehe gd story.

bigmannow
23-02-2009, 11:02 AM
TS jus remind me it's time to give tution liao :D

AD69
23-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Pitching tent here for the story too.

zombyre08
13-03-2009, 10:29 AM
hey bro, camping here waiting for more.. more! :D

antgrabber
16-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Good start, nice style. Will wait for more! :)

zl1983
16-03-2009, 03:52 AM
still no updates?

Cheonging101
16-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Er... I remember last time got one bro write story about him banging rich students while he was a tutor and kena left, right, center...

handcell
16-03-2009, 02:46 PM
bro... 3 weeks liao... still no update????????? :)

todae
16-03-2009, 03:05 PM
TS, pls come back.. :)

doch
16-03-2009, 03:07 PM
camping again waiting

Tallchap
16-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, camping here =)

justbonkit
16-03-2009, 09:12 PM
i always wanted to teach girls tuition also. 1 to 1 in the room wooooooo~

eeemen
17-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Setting up camp too:D

zombyre08
26-03-2009, 09:59 AM
hey dude, great start. waiting for you anxiously to continue!

Musicanal
26-03-2009, 05:14 PM
High & Dry!