PDA

View Full Version : With no power, comes great responsibility

SirDennis
17-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Every since I wrote that bestselling FR, Let's Relax Spa, and my follow up, Beauty Butterfly, I've been continously getting requests for the locations. I must have given it out about 50 or 60 times now.

What's surprised me is the following:

1. There really is a responsibility. I feel duty bound to respond promptly.

2. The number of people who promise FR's but never do is amazing.

3. The number of number/location hoarders.

4. The fact that some SBF'ers are quite decent and for the first time, my points actually went UP, and not down.

5. I still have no idea how this points and power system works. I still have zero power, hence my title :)

Note: I never set out to get points, or become the guardian of two locations. In fact, I wrote about Let's Relax Spa because I had a good time and wanted to record the moment in an appropriate place (I dont have a blog). Likewise, I want to write down what I've come across in the time since my best selling FR's ;)

It's been an interesting experience :)

Existentialism
17-02-2009, 01:23 PM
5. I still have no idea how this points and power system works. I still have zero power, hence my title

Here's a little bit of magic bro. With just one single from me and everything changes...voila!!:p:D Hehe

Against the odds, we must never be disheartened here in SB. Write without the motive to get up. Contribute without an agenda to be rewarded. Share for the pure reason of wanting others to have as much as you did.

Be real, without any strings attached. Good will come your way....;)

Thanks for reading

andrewforest
17-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Every since I wrote that bestselling FR, Let's Relax Spa, and my follow up, Beauty Butterfly, I've been continously getting requests for the locations. I must have given it out about 50 or 60 times now.

What's surprised me is the following:

1. There really is a responsibility. I feel duty bound to respond promptly.

2. The number of people who promise FR's but never do is amazing.

3. The number of number/location hoarders.

4. The fact that some SBF'ers are quite decent and for the first time, my points actually went UP, and not down.

5. I still have no idea how this points and power system works. I still have zero power, hence my title :)

Note: I never set out to get points, or become the guardian of two locations. In fact, I wrote about Let's Relax Spa because I had a good time and wanted to record the moment in an appropriate place (I dont have a blog). Likewise, I want to write down what I've come across in the time since my best selling FR's ;)

It's been an interesting experience :)

Bro,

Me oso new and some seniors are very kind to share with me. Hope the information help

now u got 35 pt, after u reach 35 pt , u got 1 power pt, becos u join sammy for 1 yr.

there after every year yr power pt increase by 1.

1 power pt mean u can give ppl 1 pt, or zap ppl 1pt.

2 pwer pt mean u can give ppl 2 pt.

after giving pt, must rest, then get back the power.

no reduction of yr own pt, after giving other ppl pt.

after giving pt to a guy , must give to 100 other ppl, then can give him again.

Want to know whether ppl up u or Zap u, u can go to user CP and see. Red is kana zap.

andrewforest
17-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Here's a little bit of magic bro. With just one single from me and everything changes...voila!!:p:D Hehe

Against the odds, we must never be disheartened here in SB. Write without the motive to get up. Contribute without an agenda to be rewarded. Share for the pure reason of wanting others to have as much as you did.

Be real, without any strings attached. Good will come your way....;)

Thanks for reading

Bro Existentialism give u 1 more point, so u have 35 points and u have1 power liao.

astrobo
17-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Bro,

Me oso new and some seniors are very kind to share with me. Hope the information help

now u got 35 pt, after u reach 35 pt , u got 1 power pt, becos u join sammy for 1 yr.

Want to know whether ppl up u or Zap u, u can go to user CP and see. Red is kana zap.
Bro very good explaination

Taiko2006
17-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Bro,

Wrong.. After 1000 days b4 you can give pts to the same fella.. i.e nearly 3 yrs..

andrewforest
17-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Wrong.. After 1000 days b4 you can give pts to the same fella.. i.e nearly 3 yrs..

Hi, Bro

Thank u for yr correction.

addictedtonitro
17-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Bro,

thanks for the explaination man... never knew hw it works for many years... ask around bt not many ppl know exactly... thanks for the info again. greatly appreciated

ronckw
17-02-2009, 03:05 PM
good info.....i am now enlightened....:)

Existentialism
17-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Bro Existentialism give u 1 more point, so u have 35 points and u have1 power liao.

Very clear info guys!

Bro Sir Dennis, it is with my paltry one point I have given you, that you are now bestowed the power that privileged Samsters wield. Hehe:p And with great power comes even greater responsibility. You are empowered to up people or zap people - but always remember, judge not lest ye judged yourself. And it is those who is without sin who can be called to cast the first stone. Remember, use your power only for the good of samster-kind. For justice and equally. Protect the meek for purity is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. And goodness, what we all desire, is here within your head and your heart. For what you decide to do everyday, makes you a good man - or not.

Stand up Sir Dennis and be counted... knowing that when you do, you'll always be standing with thousands by your side....

Thanks for reading:D hahaha

SirDennis
17-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Very clear info guys!

Bro Sir Dennis, it is with my paltry one point I have given you, that you are now bestowed the power that privileged Samsters wield. Hehe:p And with great power comes even greater responsibility. You are empowered to up people or zap people - but always remember, judge not lest ye judged yourself. And it is those who is without sin who can be called to cast the first stone. Remember, use your power only for the good of samster-kind. For justice and equally. Protect the meek for purity is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. And goodness, what we all desire, is here within your head and your heart. For what you decide to do everyday, makes you a good man - or not.

Stand up Sir Dennis and be counted... knowing that when you do, you'll always be standing with thousands by your side....

Thanks for reading:D hahaha

Thank you all for granting me these extra points and power. It's been a long, hard slog, and I didnt do it alone. I'd like to thank my parents, for haivng me, my editor, for her eternal patience with my poor grammar, my dog Godzilla, my hamster Hercules, and my legion of fans, for making it all possible, and last, but not least, Existentialism, for giving me that final push across the finishing line.

Thank you and I love you all!!!!

:D

Wooden_Handle
17-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I like this bro.., up your point too.

It's been a long, hard slog, and I didnt do it alone. I'd like to thank my parents, for haivng me, my editor, for her eternal patience with my poor grammar, my dog Godzilla, my hamster Hercules, and my legion of fans

Thank you and I love you all!!!!

:D

Phuture
18-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Haha SirDennis!

Congrats on finally getting some "Power"!

I too am striving to work towards my 35 points. Took a while to figure out how all this works and digging through all the FAQs. For Bros who want a quick summary of how things work, here's my personally summary of the point system, to the best of my knowledge.

1. You can only have Power when you hit 35 reputation points.

2. The Power then allows you to "up" or "zap" another Samster's reputation points.

3. The amount of Power that you have is dependant on how long you've been in the forum. Each year that you've been a member gives you 1 addiotional power. eg. if you joined in 2006, you'll start with 3 power points. This explains why some people can have 100 reputation points, but only 1 power cos they have only been members for 1 year.

4. You can only up or zap a person once every 1000days i.e. once in 3 years. This prevents you from getting a friend to keep giving you points. Conversely , it prevents you from keep zapping a person. The bottom line is that enough different people must "like" you enough to up you.

5. Your power will be replenished every 24 hrs. Which means that you can up one person, then then up the next person 24 hrs later.

6. You can only "up" a person's post within 2 days of him posting it. This means that you can dig back to a really old thread then zap/up him. Its gota be a relatively new post.

7. If you zap a person, you should leave behind your nick. Be a man. If you're unnecessarily abusive and foul AND dont leave your name, the zapee complaints to the moderator, the zapper may have his rep points deducted.

8. If you up a person, you might also wish to leave behind your nick so that he'll know who up him, and also maybe one day he will return the favour to you when he has the "POWER" to do so.

9. If you have 5 power, it means each time you up a person, he'll get 5 reputation points. Conversealy, each time you zap a person means he'll lose 5 points.

10. Like SirDennis said, with great power comes great responsibility.

Hope this post helps. Feel free to correct me if my points above are wrong. Once again, its to the best of my understanding. I'm also working towards my 1st 35 points...

Regards,
Phuture

SirDennis
18-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey thanks for the explanations and praise. Looks like you've reached your points and power levels too. :)

Haha SirDennis!

I too am striving to work towards my 35 points. Took a while to figure out how all this works and digging through all the FAQs. For Bros who want a quick summary of how things work, here's my personally summary of the point system, to the best of my knowledge.

1. You can only have Power when you hit 35 reputation points.

2. The Power then allows you to "up" or "zap" another Samster's reputation points.

3. The amount of Power that you have is dependant on how long you've been in the forum. Each year that you've been a member gives you 1 addiotional power. eg. if you joined in 2006, you'll start with 3 power points. This explains why some people can have 100 reputation points, but only 1 power cos they have only been members for 1 year.

4. You can only up or zap a person once every 1000days i.e. once in 3 years. This prevents you from getting a friend to keep giving you points. Conversely , it prevents you from keep zapping a person. The bottom line is that enough different people must "like" you enough to up you.

5. Your power will be replenished every 24 hrs. Which means that you can up one person, then then up the next person 24 hrs later.

6. You can only "up" a person's post within 2 days of him posting it. This means that you can dig back to a really old thread then zap/up him. Its gota be a relatively new post.

7. If you zap a person, you should leave behind your nick. Be a man. If you're unnecessarily abusive and foul AND dont leave your name, the zapee complaints to the moderator, the zapper may have his rep points deducted.

8. If you up a person, you might also wish to leave behind your nick so that he'll know who up him, and also maybe one day he will return the favour to you when he has the "POWER" to do so.

9. If you have 5 power, it means each time you up a person, he'll get 5 reputation points. Conversealy, each time you zap a person means he'll lose 5 points.

10. Like SirDennis said, with great power comes great responsibility.

Hope this post helps. Feel free to correct me if my points above are wrong. Once again, its to the best of my understanding. I'm also working towards my 1st 35 points...

Regards,
Phuture

ol'coyote
18-02-2009, 04:03 PM
aiyo...dun bother about the points lah...
the points can't buy you anything lah...
wun get you free sex or food or drinks...

ol'coyote
18-02-2009, 04:07 PM
just received a pm...
there's another place tat offers sperm points redeemable for free farks...
very interesting...
will go take a look...
tks to the person who pm-ed me...

Taiko2006
18-02-2009, 04:35 PM
aiyo...dun bother about the points lah...
the points can't buy you anything lah...
wun get you free sex or food or drinks...

Bro coyote,
dun lidat lah. once upon a time, i oso freshie. Trying hard to get points. now I have my 3 humble pts to share every 24 hours..

Phuture
18-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey thanks for the explanations and praise. Looks like you've reached your points and power levels too. :)

Oh yes. Thanks to some kind brothers. Well, its true not to be too caught up with the whole points system. Just enjoy the massages and extras that come with it... :)

Phuture
18-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Haha SirDennis!

Regards,
Phuture

My apologies. For point 6, I meant to say that you CANNOT dig back to an old thread to up or zap a person. Typo earlier on.

SirDennis
21-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Is "reputation" the same as "points"?

I tried to up someone who gave me a contact, and the only thing I could do was add to their reputation.

Tai_zi21
21-02-2009, 02:17 AM

Regards,
Phuture

Just To Correct Some Things Over Here

Example I Have 6 Rep Power,When I Zap A Person,It Will Only Be 3 Pts But Not 6 Pts

Cheers :)

i love bmw
21-02-2009, 06:27 AM
wao thanx for the info!

Phuture
23-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Just To Correct Some Things Over Here

Example I Have 6 Rep Power,When I Zap A Person,It Will Only Be 3 Pts But Not 6 Pts

Cheers :)

Oh.. Izzit? Ok. Thanks for correcting. learnt something new today!

And yes, SirDennis, reputation is the same as points.