PDA

View Full Version : What does it means?

Hard78
10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I went for DSC tst for HIV and Syphillis today. Now is 1mth plus after exposure.

Both are -ve. i told doc that i have rashes that come and go off in a few minutes.

I ask her does this blood test indicates that all the symptoms happens are just ok?

But she keeps saying the window period is 3 mths. i don understand whether if having symptoms, going for blood test does it means result will not come out +ve or symptoms is there but test also no use?

Very confuse. anyone can enlighten me?

powersonic2000
12-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi,

I went for DSC tst for HIV and Syphillis today. Now is 1mth plus after exposure.

Both are -ve. i told doc that i have rashes that come and go off in a few minutes.

I ask her does this blood test indicates that all the symptoms happens are just ok?

But she keeps saying the window period is 3 mths. i don understand whether if having symptoms, going for blood test does it means result will not come out +ve or symptoms is there but test also no use?

Don't scare yourself with sign and symptoms. Stress will also cause rashes. Most people do not have any symptoms. It takes times for detectable HIV antibodies to build up. Most people develop detectable antibodies in 30 days and 99% develop antibodies in 3 mths. MOH standard is 3 mths as not to miss any case. Your test in 1 mth is a good indicator.

AfA_hmor
12-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't keep worrying about it. Perhaps you are really HIV negative. And the rashes are due to something else. Just come back in 2 months to repeat the test again to confirm that you are negative.

Hard78
13-11-2008, 09:30 PM
sorry, can i say that at the time of the test, i am tested negative, all the symptoms is not vaid?

or the symptoms might be valid but the blood test cannot be detected.

ptgary
13-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Bro AfA_hmor, what's your opinion on the 1 month test?

FL Lover
14-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi,

Bro, seems like you are scaring the shit out of yourself.... Let me make it very clear...

For any kinds of HIV testing due to the windows period, they will ask u to come for a final retest after 3 months cause HIV antibodies should have shown up by now.

However, due to the advancement of testing technology, we are now able to detect HIV antibodies as early as 1 month and also partly because most pple will have certain percentage of antibodies after a month of exposure.

The reasons why the doctor at DSC will not 100% tell u that u r safe because there are cases whereby HIV antibodies will only show up after the windows period. She had to protect her ass right..? But cases like that are very very rare.

Symptoms or no symptoms does not matter much to the HIV testing. What the testing does is to detect the presence of HIV antibodies that was produced when yor immune system is under attacked by HIV virus.

So a negative result will indicate that there are no such antibodies and it means YOU ARE SAFE...

am I correct?... bro AFA

AfA_hmor
14-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Hard78, for HIV, we don't rely on symptoms for a diagnosis. Most of the time, the symptoms don't show up so quickly, and in many cases, people do not have any symptoms, otherwise the symptoms are very generic. In short, symptoms are unreliable.

HIV test result is the only way to tell. In most cases, the test can detect the HIV after one month. But we test again in the 3rd month for a confirmation.

Don't read too much into the drama serial, remember that it's a tv drama. Symptoms are deliberately exaggerated for dramatic purposes.

FL Lover
14-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Hard78, I ask you one thing... DID YOU ENGAGE IN A HIGH RISK SEX ACTIVITY RECENTLY? YES or NO?

When I talk abt high risk sex activity, it means any kinds of sex penetrations without condoms.

If YES, U NEED TO GO FOR A HIV TEST after a month and to put yor mind in pece, go for a final retest after 3 months. Like AFA_humor had said, not all pple experience symptoms. Also symptoms are just a forewarning signs to you if you have high risk sex before. As long as you have sex without condoms, go for a HIV TEST.

If NO, then U R 90% SAFE..... Unless you are damned unlucky.:D

Hard78
14-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi thks,

I had BBBJ and protected sex on the 4th oct. after that , i went for test 5 days later. after the exposure, i never have sex until now. the last test i took is on the 10th this mth. -ve for syphillis and hiv.

hope i am really lucky and everythings is fine :(
really stress and tire. feel very restless and keeps imagining things. thanks all my friends here and take care.

powersonic2000
17-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi thks,

I had BBBJ and protected sex on the 4th oct. after that , i went for test 5 days later. after the exposure, i never have sex until now. the last test i took is on the 10th this mth. -ve for syphillis and hiv.

hope i am really lucky and everythings is fine :(
really stress and tire. feel very restless and keeps imagining things. thanks all my friends here and take care.

Based on what you write, your risk is very very low. I think you are stress up that all. Your test 5 days after exposure is not acurrate but your test on the 10th Nov is a very good indicator. When I say good indicator mean very very high chance being negative. Take care bro.

bananaeyes
21-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Actually can BBBJ transmit syphillis and herpes ( practically)......i think many ppl that want to try BBBj step brake due to the worries of contracting these STD's...

AhPeh63
24-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Don't scare yourself with sign and symptoms. Stress will also cause rashes.

Agree with this, you should trust the test and your doctor :)